Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion

Jan 7, 2014 1:06 PM
Forget of HxH

"Attack of the Narrator"

has officially started.
People who was disappointed by the fact in this episode should be warned, this is just the beginning.

Anyway, I loved the episode, maybe I wasn't totally found of the dragon dive, I hoped it was more like in the ending.

A little funny thing if thinking of this episode essentialy covered less than 11 seconds: the countdown and less than a second after midnight

Jan 7, 2014 1:07 PM

lovexLuffy said:
I wasn't very found of this episode. of course its always great to learn about Neteros past and I rather like backstory, but that and the narration was truly annoying me. I was so hyped to see the invasion and basically they prolonged this episode so much I was rather pissed at the end. they also showed the same scene like 3 times, and I was just put off. I guess I also had high expectations, but how could you not with this amazing anime?

edit: too add to some good points. Netero is beast, and his skills are amazing. glad there was some fighting, he definitely showed who was boss.

It covered 3 chapters as opposed to the usual 2. They actually went pretty briskly this episode.

Jan 7, 2014 1:08 PM

Oh my god.
This episode was absolutely EPIC.
The 'intent to kill' faces everyone had when going up against Youpi.
Then Zeno and Netero's entrance was absolutely bad ass.
Netero's past was something of a true hunter dedicated to themselves to hone their skills.

Now the REAL fun starts here.

Loved this episode so god damn much c:

Jan 7, 2014 1:11 PM

fearthebeard85 said:
Kvshi said:
fearthebeard85 said:
Kvshi said:

The funny thing is no anime only watcher or several manga readers here are bitching at me about this except you. I'm trying to bring hype to the anime only watchers and you're to ignorant to realize that.

But you're not bringing hype, no one here has come forward and said "Oh thanks Kyshi, Netero and Zeno would not have been as epic if you hadn't said THAT scene with Netero would be so awesome"

I understand what you're getting at, but the wording that you used just makes you sound like a condescending douche.

I don't expect replies when I bring hype. The whole point is to get you PUMPED for next episode or future episodes not gain attention.

Instead of trying to look tough of the internet calling me a douche, just tell me to post with spoiler tags.

You're actually mad annoying and I thought you were a chill guy before as fellow HxH fans.

Nah I'm just being annoying today lol.

My bad, that's just a pet peeve of mine. I was an asshole to prove a point. I just don't like when people word things that way because it comes off like you're trying to garner attention and taunt the others who don't know what's going on. I know this isn't the case with you, but you know the types of people I'm talking about.

But I digress, I was being a douche about it. My fault.

At least you're admitting to your own faults props for that. I'll use spoiler tags for HxH episode discussions then.

I'm just wary of anime only watchers who will still press the spoiler tags then complain at me later when they're warned by the spoiler tag itself. That;s why I put it as "that scene" then just putting hidden spoilers. Yeah, I do. That's one way how people troll with spoilers of an anime.

Jan 7, 2014 1:13 PM
Great episode, I was really looking forward to this. I think it was well adapted from the manga, especially Netero's flashback. Btw, expect the narrator to talk a lot during the episodes. He's crucial in HxH.
The next episode will be awesome.

Jan 7, 2014 1:15 PM

Holy shit! NETERO! <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

That guy is in my favorite character list for a reason. This episode got me so pumped up that if we weren't in winter, I would probably have been outside stamping on some ants living in my garden.

Also, I prefer the narrator in the anime.

Jan 7, 2014 1:16 PM

SaSa777 said:
I stopped watching after 10 min. out of anger. Holy shit the animation team fcked up what should have been an amazing this episode.

What. The animation was pretty much top notch like all the other episodes. Besides, they didn't fuck up anything. The story, more than the animation had a big impact for something greater to come next.

Jan 7, 2014 1:22 PM

What a great episode. Even after reading the manga its still going to kill me waiting every week for a new episode to come out.

Jan 7, 2014 1:24 PM
GOD DAMNIT
WHO WAS THE KID THAT TOLD ME THE FIGHTS WOULD START THIS EPISODE

Jan 7, 2014 1:25 PM

Jan 7, 2014 1:29 PM
FingerMove said:
http://abload.de/img/snag-0001dzjt7.png

BAD MOVE.
Netero's face is priceless.

Jan 7, 2014 1:32 PM

SaSa777 said:
What other episode did this team make?
Some good action episodes - 56, 70, 83. The amount of fluidity in this episode, as brief as it was, has never been pulled off by them before. I'm dead serious - this is the worst animation team for the show. What we got here was actually somewhat commendable. Or, at least it wasn't the worst possible thing.

For me: Repeating animation > BAD animation.
Modified by GalekC, Jan 7, 2014 1:39 PM

Jan 7, 2014 1:49 PM

Entezio said:
GOD DAMNIT
They always say such things about "best moment", "revelation" and so on next episode the manga readers... And in the end something completely different happens. I think they are jealous, because there is nothing new for them...

Jan 7, 2014 1:49 PM
Nice ep

Jan 7, 2014 1:52 PM
I liked the episode. The constant narration may not have pleased everyone, but at least it's not the characters explaining their abilities to their enemies *cough*Bleach*cough*

Also, I personally did notice a little drop in the animation quality, do notice Gon and co. begin running towards the portal, not to mention the repeated scenes. I do hope they're just saving up the budget for some epic action that is to come.

Jan 7, 2014 1:55 PM

naens said:
Entezio said:
GOD DAMNIT
They always say such things about "best moment", "revelation" and so on next episode the manga readers... And in the end something completely different happens. I think they are jealous, because there is nothing new for them...

Even if we say "best moment" , "revelation" it doesn't necessarily mean it's going to have a fight...

Jan 7, 2014 2:00 PM

The preview at the end, the king holding Komugi's dead body, most likely caused by Netero's Dragon Dive.

Shit is about to get real. Now it's King's turn.

Jan 7, 2014 2:01 PM

Damn. I always thought that Zeno and Netero are of the same age... but Netero is the same age as Zeno's grandfather! Damn.

Can't wait for the next episode. Youpi will face Knuckle and Shoot if I am not mistaken.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jan 7, 2014 2:04 PM

Wow. I love the way this series draws me in. I actually liked the choice of using a narrator, it added so much to the atmosphere of the whole episode.
miskos3 said:
I liked the episode. The constant narration may not have pleased everyone, but at least it's not the characters explaining their abilities to their enemies *cough*Bleach*cough*
Yes, I'm so glad that Netero didn't just stand there and explain his ability. He just said a little quip (BAD MOVE!) and just knocked that smirk off of Pitou's face. Netero is such a badass, he probably survives by telling death to fuck off.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)

Jan 7, 2014 2:05 PM

Wooo hype. This episode was awesome. Such a ba entrance scene for netero. I can't wait!

Jan 7, 2014 2:11 PM

Entezio said:
GOD DAMNIT

Netero hit Neferpitou. It technically has.

Jan 7, 2014 2:17 PM

this is gonna be amaaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant wait for the fights.....THE SUSPENSE IS FRIGGIN KILLING ME!!

Jan 7, 2014 2:19 PM

CLIFFHANGEEEEEEEEEEEEER.
Ok damn, Netero's story was fucking awesome. He kinda reminded me Saitama of OPM.

Now things are going to get interesting.
Komugi is dead? Are you serious preview?

Jan 7, 2014 2:24 PM
Looks at the number of 5/5 so far.... Yeah, looks like a lot people weren't bothered by the narration here. Or that it was badly animated either (Which I still don't see, especially after I re-watched it in HD).

Jan 7, 2014 2:26 PM
Entezio said:
GOD DAMNIT
As far as I remember people said something about things getting better starting from the 2nd half, from the invasion and about the narrator's revenge, but I never read that they said anything about any fight starting in this episode. Though the fights will start next week, well they kinda started this week with Netero's bitchslap, but yeah, fights will start next week.

Jan 7, 2014 2:28 PM

Ok, this was amazing, but like I asked in the discussion in the last episode, why is that firefly guy going with them. Did he change sides?
and Cadis Etrama di Raizel Fanclub

Jan 7, 2014 2:28 PM
There was so much narration it made me want to vomit. I wished shonen titles were more about actual character interaction/development then, "LET'S EXPLAIN OUR SPECIAL ABILITIES FOR HALF THE SHOW, AND NARRATE EVERYTHING ELSE." I know HxH is one of the more interesting Shounens but COME ON.

Jan 7, 2014 2:30 PM

i personally love the narration but for those who doesn't like it, you better get used to it because there's gonna be alot in this arc beginning next episode lol

Jan 7, 2014 2:31 PM
SusuBitesYou said:
Ok, this was amazing, but like I asked in the discussion in the last episode, why is that firefly guy going with them. Did he change sides?

They don't make a show of why this is, but ask yourself this question: What happened to Ikalgo?

BobbyDaFisherman said:
There was so much narration it made me want to vomit. I wished shonen titles were more about actual character interaction/development then, "LET'S EXPLAIN OUR SPECIAL ABILITIES FOR HALF THE SHOW, AND NARRATE EVERYTHING ELSE." I know HxH is one of the more interesting Shounens but COME ON.

Considering what's actually happening during the episode, narration is a brilliant compromise, and is used to great effect. It would be difficult to truly appreciate what's going on without that narration.
Modified by winter091231, Jan 7, 2014 2:34 PM

Jan 7, 2014 2:34 PM
Where is Maha Zoldick ?!
First they removed it from the Phantom Troupe arc, and now here?? Why doesn't he get some of the love from the anime team, aside from that silhouette appearance in Episode 24 (with his wife, who hasn't appeared in the manga)?

The episode was beautiful, and the scene with Komugi in this preview ;_;
Gon's and Youpi's bloodlust was executed to perfection (and it's only getting better)
I wonder how bloody the anime episodes will get, everything considered.

Jan 7, 2014 2:35 PM
I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm surprised no one has said anything negative about the preview yet. No, I'm not talking about the spoilers, it looks atrocious. Does anyone know the animation team in charge of 112?

Jan 7, 2014 2:39 PM

Cresherhsm said:
I haven't seen the episode yet but I'm surprised no one has said anything negative about the preview yet. No, I'm not talking about the spoilers, it looks atrocious. Does anyone know the animation team in charge of 112?
Not getting that info until the 10th of this month.

Jan 7, 2014 2:39 PM
Could be an artsy choice, even though I thought at first it was a sketch from the storyboard. The parts with Youpi were excellent though.

Jan 7, 2014 2:41 PM

My main concern with this arc since it aired was how they were going to portray these episodes. This kind of storytelling works fantastic for a manga or novel, but I wasn't convinced it would work with an anime. After seeing the result, while I did have some gripes with the reuse of some scenes and the gruesomely slow animation of Netero's hand movements (it's supposed to be super fast, why is it being shown so slowly?), I'm thoroughly pleased and decidedly pumped for the next few episodes.

The atmosphere was amazing and will only improve in the coming episodes. It's episodes like this that make me consider HxH one of the better shonen animes out there.

Jan 7, 2014 2:42 PM
Cresherhsm said:
I don't see anything wrong. It intentionally looks that way so it switches between the two scenes without looking weird. It doesn't necessarily mean what you think it means. Of course, not necessarily.

Loki0830 said:
My main concern with this arc since it aired was how they were going to portray these episodes. This kind of storytelling works fantastic for a manga or novel, but I wasn't convinced it would work with an anime. After seeing the result, while I did have some gripes with the reuse of some scenes and the gruesomely slow animation of Netero's hand movements (it's supposed to be super fast, why is it being shown so slowly?), I'm thoroughly pleased and decidedly pumped for the next few episodes.

The atmosphere was amazing and will only improve in the coming episodes. It's episodes like this that make me consider HxH one of the better shonen animes out there.
It's being shown in slow motion on purpose. It looks that way in the manga too.

Jan 7, 2014 2:43 PM

Beautiful episode. I'm actually glad that they're breaking down what's happening in the fight, since I wouldn't understand it otherwise. Besides, it would be very dumb if the characters themselves explained what they were doing.
I'm not usually fond of flashbacks, but this was pretty epic. And now... the wait for the next one begins... T_T

Jan 7, 2014 2:45 PM

this episode was so amazing. I always wanted Netero's backstory. I'm not sure if they had it in the manga but dang it was amazing.

the invasion will likely be pretty damn awesome.
Hunter x Hunter(2011) is officially in my top 5 anime.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou

Jan 7, 2014 2:46 PM

People complaining about the narration never read a book in their entire life.

Jan 7, 2014 2:46 PM

KiraSeika said:
this episode was so amazing. I always wanted Netero's backstory. I'm not sure if they had it in the manga but dang it was amazing.

the invasion will likely be pretty damn awesome.
Hunter x Hunter(2011) is officially in my top 5 anime.

was in the manga

OT
one word EPIC

Jan 7, 2014 2:49 PM

this episode was epic! i had goosebumps in my face!!!!!!!

Jan 7, 2014 2:53 PM

this was without a doubt the best episode of any anime i've seen in a long time

Jan 7, 2014 2:56 PM

aomine-zoldyck said:
i personally love the narration but for those who doesn't like it, you better get used to it because there's gonna be alot in this arc beginning next episode lol

I also like it. Sometimes it was a little too much in the manga but it was still good.

Jan 7, 2014 2:58 PM

MCAL said:
It's being shown in slow motion on purpose. It looks that way in the manga too.

That's not what I meant. I very well realize the time span of the story in this episode is roughly only 10 seconds. I think that they portrayed the drastic slow down of those seconds very, very well. However, the only thing shown in the manga is the after-images of his hands. If he is moving his hands faster than the speed of sound, I really feel that the speed his hands were moving in this episodes should have been much faster. The fact that we're already in a setting where time is slowed down drastically would only emphasize how quick his movements are. The way it was shown now, it felt way too slow. That's all I meant.

Jan 7, 2014 2:59 PM
You know I just noticed that Knuckle and Meleoron are hidden at the moment.

Jan 7, 2014 3:04 PM
ValeBreck said:

Really? What books have you read. Because from a writing perspective it's better to show not tell. Everything that was narrated was neither necessary, or added anything of value to the show. It was only used to prolong the arc.

Let's look at an example shall we.

The big fight. The invasion. Everything is set into place -- Zeno Zondyck and Netero fall from the sky into the castle. Pitou leaps at Netero with his most powerful ability. BUT WAIT. Netero activates 100-Type Guanyin Bodhisattva! And what do we get after that? An ENTIRE explanation of the origin of the technique, how it was developed, and used to take over an entire Martial Arts Academy. Totally rad right? This literally lasted at least 5 minutes, which was at least a quarter of the show. I literally forgot they were still fighting by the end of it.

And for what? The origin of a technique I wasn't even aware of until a few minutes ago? What's next? A character drinking a glass of milk from the fridge, and a flashback to when he picked it up at the grocery store along with it?

Personally, I'm not entirely against the explanation of the origin of the technique. It provided some insight into Netero's character, and how be became as strong as he is. But it didn't have to take over the entire episode.

This is the main problem I have with things being completely canon. Things can be improved on.
Modified by BobbyDaFisherman, Jan 7, 2014 3:13 PM

Jan 7, 2014 3:04 PM

So, Manga's version of Netero's past was much better. I tought I was watching Toriko while he was training in slow motion... -.-"

Jan 7, 2014 3:08 PM
JESUS FREAKING CHRIST, THAT WAS AMAZING. With the way a few manga readers were complaining I was expecting a disappointment but wow. I have a few complaints but they are extremely minor. For example, I didn't think they needed to show Netero punching every season because to be honest, it broke the mood a little and I chuckled but as for the pacing? Well done! If this were a regular episode, some parts would have seemed slow but the entire episode was evenly placed. Slow but in a very good and effective way. I would've done away with the repeats as well but they since they were done well I could easily tolerate them. Honestly 9.5/10 but if I wouldn't be so picky about everything, 10/10 easily. I'm extremely impressed with this episode considering that it was done by an outsourced team. Epic and amazing.

I would've wanted to see more of the dragon dive though.
Modified by Cresherhsm, Jan 7, 2014 3:11 PM

Jan 7, 2014 3:08 PM
Loki0830 said:
My main concern with this arc since it aired was how they were going to portray these episodes. This kind of storytelling works fantastic for a manga or novel, but I wasn't convinced it would work with an anime.
It was awful in the manga. Imagine going through a shit-ton of text like what the narrator said in this episode? I for one skimmed through them and only focused on the important things, in the anime they're much better.

And for those who're complaining about it, don't worry, you'll get used to it.

Jan 7, 2014 3:12 PM

BobbyDaFisherman said:
What's next? A character drinking a glass of milk from the fridge, and a flashback to when he picked it up at the grocery store along with it?

I slicked laughed so hard. maybe a bit more harder than I needed too, I do see your point.

ValeBreck said:

I quite disagree. I read books all throughout high school, and somewhat through university (mainly because I had to read for my class, didn't have much time for leisure)
the narration still bothered me, I understand its importance, and I understand why people like it. I just wish it wasn't as frequent. In my opinion somethings are better left unsaid to allow the audience to figure out, or better yet, watch and then come to a conclusion, and then get an explanation. I'm not saying the narration isn't needed, it is in some aspects necessary, I just want them to cut down on it. but like others said that's not going to happen so we have no say in the matter.

Jan 7, 2014 3:14 PM

Aside from the flashback, which was nice but unnecessary, this episode was intense.

Pages (10) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

Preview MangaManga Store