Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So awesome to see Zenos tbh this episode. I miss this guy. Good to see Netero in this too. Poor Pitou though.

Netero's past is pretty awesome with the training. No wonder he's of the best Hunters ever known. Nice to see everyone made it into the palace though with the shit going down. Awesome.
Jan 7, 2014 9:06 AM

Aug 2011
Is the episode still airing? If yes, where did you watch it?
Jan 7, 2014 9:09 AM

Nov 2011
Finished about 10 minutes ago, watched it on NTV.
Jan 7, 2014 9:12 AM

Jun 2012
Here we are, the invasion!
The cliffhangers in this part of the series are gonna be the death of me
Jan 7, 2014 9:28 AM

Nov 2013
I need this episode, NYOW.
Jan 7, 2014 11:02 AM

Dec 2013
It's here! First episode of the new year and it starts with a bang.
Jan 7, 2014 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
HOLY SHIT...
Jan 7, 2014 11:33 AM
Apr 2013
Well that wiped the near-perpetual smirk off Pitou's face...
MCALJan 7, 2014 11:41 AM
Jan 7, 2014 11:37 AM

Mar 2013
THE HYPE NOW BEGINS

My man Zeno going to work haha

Can't wait to see "that" fight animated plus that scene with Gon

Netero has Pitou already sweating lol

The crazy thing is Netero wasn't even using his full speed of his hundred type bodhisattva
Jan 7, 2014 11:43 AM

May 2013
I stopped watching after 10 min. out of anger. Holy shit the animation team fcked up what should have been an amazing this episode.

Edit: Rewatched the episode in HD, still think that it's not as good other episodes but not as bad as I initially thought.
SaSa-ZoldyckJan 8, 2014 3:54 AM
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 7, 2014 11:47 AM

Aug 2010
GOOOSEBUUUMPSSS!!! >.<

Absolutely loved it! :D

The intensity of the first few minutes when Netero and Zeno made their entrance with Pitou's reaction was absolutely astounding!!

Brilliantly done. And the Narrator is doing a perfect job for his long upcoming important role from now on ^^

Netero's past was beautiful. The dude is just F***** BA!!! Spending 2 friggin years doing that. No wonder he's OP as hell XDXDXD

Netero owning Pitou was awesome and how she used her tail that way just goes to show how smart she is. Didn't make it in time though hehe.

And Dat ending!! Youpi's face of WTF did they come from was priceless XD Can't friggin wait for what's to come >.<

The pv spoiled quite a bit though.
Jan 7, 2014 11:52 AM

May 2013
That is dedication from Netero. Training under any circumstance. That attack he used on Pitou was awesome too. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 7, 2014 11:52 AM

Jun 2007
As best as I can recall, this is the first time that Pitou has actually looked/sounded decidedly female.
Jan 7, 2014 11:53 AM

Nov 2012
This episode is what you call a true masterpiece out of all the anime I have ever watched I've never seen anything like this.

It looks like Netero might be Buddha himself, and that epic scene with Killua's grandfather, and that entrance has got to be the most epic entrance ever. This episode left me completely speechless this anime deserves a Grammy.

Also I DID NOT KNOW Netero was THAT powerful he is completely out of this world the shit that he was doing, it's a good thing he's not evil.

SPEED OF SOUND PUNCH!! ARE YOU SHITTING ME!!?

That preview for the next episode that thing that I saw WOW the next episode is going to be something to remember.
AichiroJan 7, 2014 12:05 PM
Jan 7, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2012
That was amazing.. I didn't think that Netero was this strong !!

Loved Pitou's reactions this episode :P
That tonque :p,

http://puu.sh/6cYQQ/05c2f4b647.jpg

Ahhh I'm curious to see what Gon's group is going to do next week against Youpi
Jan 7, 2014 11:59 AM
Jul 2012
Ah how pitou got blown away with such ease was just epic :|
Jan 7, 2014 12:01 PM

Apr 2013
Yessss!! Fight fight fight.
Jan 7, 2014 12:04 PM

Aug 2009
I wasn't very fond of this episode. of course its always great to learn about Neteros past and I rather like backstory, but that and the narration was truly annoying me. I was so hyped to see the invasion and basically they prolonged this episode so much I was rather pissed at the end. they also showed the same scene like 3 times, and I was just put off. I guess I also had high expectations, but how could you not with this amazing anime?

edit: too add to some good points. Netero is beast, and his skills are amazing. glad there was some fighting, he definitely showed who was boss.
lovexLuffyJan 7, 2014 1:11 PM

Jan 7, 2014 12:07 PM

Apr 2009
lovexLuffy said:
the narration was truly annoying me

Someone will looooove the invasion. Don't say you weren't warned because manga readers were telling this people since over a year.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 7, 2014 12:08 PM

Oct 2011
Kvshi said:

There's nothing I hate more than people using the terms "that fight" or "that scene" you might as well just post the fucking spoiler because you're still giving shit away and it just sounds so stupid when you put it in those terms.

Anyway, episode was meh. I couldn't help but feel disappointed by the mass amounts of stalling in this episode as well as the reuse of the Netero and Pitou scene at the end just to prevent the episode from dipping into the fight with Youpi yet. All in all, it had it's moments, mostly in the beginning that were awesome but other than that the majority of it was material that was dragged out to prevent dipping into the group's attack yet. My only reasoning for this could be to continue to build suspense but overall it just didn't work as we've had several episodes that have animated less chapters just to savor the suspense already.
Jan 7, 2014 12:11 PM

Mar 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
Kvshi said:

There's nothing I hate more than people using the terms "that fight" or "that scene" you might as well just post the fucking spoiler because you're still giving shit away and it just sounds so stupid when you put it in those terms.

Smh, it's not that serious. I really don't know why you're catching feelings over that.

Plus putting spoilers of what's to come then "that scene" or "that fight" is even worse because it actually exposes what happens in the future episodes. Before you get mad and attack me think about what you typed.
KvshiJan 7, 2014 12:17 PM
Jan 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
lovexLuffy said:
the narration was truly annoying me

Someone will looooove the invasion. Don't say you weren't warned because manga readers were telling this people since over a year.

yes I saw that, and I quite understood what they were saying. I thought I was prepared but obviously not. I was just rather put off. I mean I know narration in itself can be great and shine a light on things I wouldn't normally think about, but to have it so frequently really bothers me. I feel like I'm being told a story, rather than watching one unfold.

Jan 7, 2014 12:12 PM

Jan 2008
The first thing he wants as a master is something to eat.
Jan 7, 2014 12:14 PM

Jul 2013
SaSa777 said:
I stopped watching after 10 min. out of anger. Holy shit the animation team fcked up what should have been an amazing this episode.
Hey - you should cool it. Outsourced-animation-episode MY BUTT. That had much more fluidity than the usual episodes done by that team.
Jan 7, 2014 12:15 PM

Oct 2011

Smh, it's not that serious.

It's annoying and petty is what it is. It just sounds like you're trying to throw it in the face of the people who haven't read the manga. Besides, I'm pretty sure at this point the battles have been predetermined as to who is fighting so there's no use in saying "that fight" other than trying to be a tool.
Jan 7, 2014 12:17 PM

May 2013
GalekC said:
SaSa777 said:
Hey - you should cool it. Outsourced-animation-episode MY BUTT. That had much more fluidity than the usual episodes done by that team.

What other episode did this team make?
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Jan 7, 2014 12:17 PM

Feb 2011
2 Weeks waiting for a Netero flashback.

Madhouse at its best.
Jan 7, 2014 12:18 PM

Jun 2011
The tears of joy and excitement filled me
EPIC SO F#%KING EPIC!
Jan 7, 2014 12:18 PM

Mar 2013
fearthebeard85 said:

It's annoying and petty is what it is. It just sounds like you're trying to throw it in the face of the people who haven't read the manga. Besides, I'm pretty sure at this point the battles have been predetermined as to who is fighting so there's no use in saying "that fight" other than trying to be a tool.

LMAO this post! You're saying that on a manga readers perspective. Not all anime only watchers know every since battle in the future episodes.

You serious man?
Jan 7, 2014 12:22 PM

Oct 2011
Kvshi said:
fearthebeard85 said:

LMAO this post! You're saying that on a manga readers perspective. Not all anime only watchers know every since battle in the future episodes.

You serious man?

Umm have you even watched the series? Because they clearly announced the matchups for the invasion earlier on in the series. If you actually watched this series, you'd know that because it was right after Morel tested Gon.

Also off of what you said earlier, this is an EPISODE DISCUSSION not about what happens later in the series. The only thing you are attempting to do is be a douche and you have succeeded. Congrats
Jan 7, 2014 12:23 PM

Nov 2012
Man was SO SO amped for the invasion episode, a bad time to do the flashback but was still a good episode, glad Pitou got a little scare, her highness need to be punished sooner or later. Anyway, I'm really impressed with Pitou one of the few characters that actually managed to scare me a little, props to the team for that. Please let us see a nice invasion next week!

Also, where's Hisoka? Would love to see him here. XD

Jan 7, 2014 12:29 PM

Sep 2013
SaSa777 said:

stop this shit i know you read the manga just like i do but you're overreacting right now you are a manga reader they are not, so stop trying to put yourself in there shoes i know they changed some things but as you can see from the reactions of anime only viewers they absolutely loved this episode and that's the most important so put your negative manga reader mentality away
Jan 7, 2014 12:32 PM

Mar 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
Kvshi said:
fearthebeard85 said:

You serious man?

Umm have you even watched the series? Because they clearly announced the matchups for the invasion earlier on in the series. If you actually watched this series, you'd know that because it was right after Morel tested Gon.

Also off of what you said earlier, this is an EPISODE DISCUSSION not about what happens later in the series. The only thing you are attempting to do is be a douche and you have succeeded. Congrats

I have actually. As Killua said himself repeatedly, What happens if the plan that Morel said backfired? The invasion just started in the anime and Yupi already fucked up the plan up with just sitting on the stairase.

If the spoilers of the last episode weren't there, would anime only watchers known Zeno and Netero would invade the palace like that? Hell no.

There are a few unexpected quarrels in the future episodes. If you go by correct logic. Not everything you plan goes the way you want it.

The funny thing is no anime only watcher or several manga readers here are bitching at me about this except you. I'm trying to bring hype to the anime only watchers and you're to ignorant to realize that.
Jan 7, 2014 12:33 PM

Oct 2012
Hands down HxH is my favourite anime. The story telling is amazing, with the guy commentating over everything in a good way. Pitou got owned :3 but she's my favourite ant.
Jan 7, 2014 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
lovexLuffy said:
I wasn't very found of this episode. of course its always great to learn about Neteros past and I rather like backstory, but that and the narration was truly annoying me. I was so hyped to see the invasion and basically they prolonged this episode so much I was rather pissed at the end. they also showed the same scene like 3 times, and I was just put off. I guess I also had high expectations, but how could you not with this amazing anime?

edit: too add to some good points. Netero is beast, and his skills are amazing. glad there was some fighting, he definitely showed who was boss.

the narration was probably the most interesting thing in this episode it covered so much information that we need to know and it was the same in the manga and btw they didn't prolonge nothing this episode actually covered 3 chapters for your information
Jan 7, 2014 12:40 PM

Nov 2007
Talk about annoying flashback. Watching this show weekly is suffering.
Jan 7, 2014 12:42 PM

Mar 2013
EPIC! Just EPIC! The constant narrations were not what I expected since I was waiting for the battles but they were necessary.

As if Netero wasn't enough of a badass, he throws punches at the speed of sound?! I guess he's earned it after two years of praying, readying, praying, punching, praying some more and, while the sun's up, let's pray a little bit...

These cliffhangers are going to kill me! I may need to stop watching this for a while (yeah, right, like I could do that!).
Jan 7, 2014 12:43 PM

Aug 2009
aomine-zoldyck said:
lovexLuffy said:
I wasn't very found of this episode. of course its always great to learn about Neteros past and I rather like backstory, but that and the narration was truly annoying me. I was so hyped to see the invasion and basically they prolonged this episode so much I was rather pissed at the end. they also showed the same scene like 3 times, and I was just put off. I guess I also had high expectations, but how could you not with this amazing anime?

the narration was probably the most interesting thing in this episode it covered so much information that we need to know and it was the same in the manga and btw they didn't prolonge nothing this episode actually covered 3 chapters for your information

Well thank you for the information. the narration like I said in my other post in itself could be great, and shine a light on things I wouldn't know about, and I understand the importance of it. But like I responded to the other poster it annoyed me because of how frequent it is, and I was being told a story rather than watching it unfold. To an anime only viewer who knows nothing of the manga, or dabbles into forums post this episode seemed prolonged to me due to the fact that it ended where it did, and also with the addition of the flashback of Neteros past which I'm now assuming was in the manga. With no knowledge of this information the episode would seem prolonged to any only anime viewer. so if my assumption was incorrect then let it be, but I don't need any condescending tones on your end.

Thank you :)

Jan 7, 2014 12:43 PM

Oct 2011
Kvshi said:

The funny thing is no anime only watcher or several manga readers here are bitching at me about this except you. I'm trying to bring hype to the anime only watchers and you're to ignorant to realize that.

But you're not bringing hype, no one here has come forward and said "Oh thanks Kvshi, Netero and Zeno would not have been as epic if you hadn't said THAT scene with Netero would be so awesome"

I understand what you're getting at, but the wording that you used just makes you sound like a condescending douche.
fearthebeard85Jan 7, 2014 12:48 PM
Jan 7, 2014 12:49 PM

Mar 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
Kvshi said:

But you're not bringing hype, no one here has come forward and said "Oh thanks Kyshi, Netero and Zeno would not have been as epic if you hadn't said THAT scene with Netero would be so awesome"

I understand what you're getting at, but the wording that you used just makes you sound like a condescending douche.

I don't expect replies when I bring hype. The whole point is to get you PUMPED for next episode or future episodes not gain attention.

Instead of trying to look tough on the internet calling me a douche, just tell me to post with spoiler tags.

You're actually mad annoying and I thought you were a chill guy before as fellow HxH fans.
KvshiJan 7, 2014 12:53 PM
Jan 7, 2014 12:50 PM

Jan 2011
Jesus the chills
Jan 7, 2014 12:51 PM

Dec 2013
I didn't expect them to show Netero's backstory so early. I mean, I don't remember it being that early in the manga. And I figured they were going to go with the narration from the manga considering the were included in episodes over the past few months (specifically the episode where Knov invaded the palace). But yeah, it was a good episode.
Jan 7, 2014 12:52 PM

Sep 2013
lovexLuffy said:
aomine-zoldyck said:
lovexLuffy said:

Well thank you for the information. the narration like I said in my other post in itself could be great, and shine a light on things I wouldn't know about, and I understand the importance of it. But like I responded to the other poster it annoyed me because of how frequent it is, and I was being told a story rather than watching it unfold. To an anime only viewer who knows nothing of the manga, or dabbles into forums post this episode seemed prolonged to me due to the fact that it ended where it did, and also with the addition of the flashback of Neteros past which I'm now assuming was in the manga. With no knowledge of this information the episode would seem prolonged to any only anime viewer. so if my assumption was incorrect then let it be, but I don't need any condescending tones on your end.

Thank you :)

if your assumption is incorrect i'm here to correct you and there was no condescending tones in the end of my phrase so stop that butthurt emotional nonsense, thank you :)
Jan 7, 2014 12:54 PM
Apr 2013
neopsych said:
I didn't expect them to show Netero's backstory so early. I mean, I don't remember it being that early in the manga. And I figured they were going to go with the narration from the manga considering the were included in episodes over the past few months (specifically the episode where Knov invaded the palace). But yeah, it was a good episode.

Just read the manga chapters and yeah, Netero's flashback starts the same time in the manga.
Jan 7, 2014 12:54 PM

Dec 2009
BRILLIANT EPISODE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 7, 2014 12:56 PM

Jul 2013
Kind of disappointed, was hoping for some fights this week. My hype was interrupted by a flashback that I think should have been placed elsewhere, not in the middle of the fight (I realize that is not the anime's fault).

Also, dat spoiler drop in the preview.

Waiting for some Zeno x Netero ownage.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2014 1:01 PM

Nov 2012
Holy crap! Epic episode!!!! Absolutely amazing! And it had almost no fights!xD That preview though, damm spoilers, the King looked like it was going berserk :3 god damm it, another week for the next episode =_=
Jan 7, 2014 1:02 PM

Aug 2009
aomine-zoldyck said:

if your assumption is incorrect i'm here to correct you and there was no condescending tones in the end of my phrase so stop that butthurt emotional nonsense, thank you :)

You're not here to correct anyone, you are here to talk about this episode. but you brought the manga up so you are definitely one of those people. There was a condescending tone where you knew what was covered in the manga and I didn't therefore you want to shove it in my face as if I am wrong, when technically I could be if I had read the manga but I don't read it, so put shortly, I'm not. it seemed prolonged to me, and that's it. The narration was annoying me and thats all. If your opinion about the narration differs that's fine. Stop being senseless. Im not here to argue, I thanked you for your information but yet you couldn't let it go.
anyway I'm not arguing with you. Im here to talk Hunter X Hunter as an anime only viewer, if you can't see it from this perspective, then you have no right commenting on my post

Jan 7, 2014 1:03 PM
Apr 2013
fearthebeard85 said:
Kvshi said:

Anyway, episode was meh. I couldn't help but feel disappointed by the mass amounts of stalling in this episode as well as the reuse of the Netero and Pitou scene at the end just to prevent the episode from dipping into the fight with Youpi yet. All in all, it had it's moments, mostly in the beginning that were awesome but other than that the majority of it was material that was dragged out to prevent dipping into the group's attack yet. My only reasoning for this could be to continue to build suspense but overall it just didn't work as we've had several episodes that have animated less chapters just to savor the suspense already.

Actually, repeating scenes is also a classic cost saving maneuver. So I would expect this too happen a few more times throughout the rest of the arc, including increasing the recall of the previous episode at the beginning of the next episode. Well this is what happens when anime go to late night.
MCALJan 7, 2014 1:10 PM
Jan 7, 2014 1:05 PM

Dec 2010
I also wanted to see what would happen next, but I was shitting my pants through the whole episode.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Hunter x Hunter (2011) came out 10 years after the original series. What are the chances we get a remake this year? 2011 version ended in Sep 2014

animeboilolz - 7 minutes ago

0 by animeboilolz »»
7 minutes ago

» Is Hisoka a fraud?

Leon888 - Nov 22, 2023

42 by Merve2Love »»
Yesterday, 1:06 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 135 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 24, 2014

876 by red-tomato »»
Apr 21, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

915 by Thesk8er2000 »»
Apr 19, 3:55 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

44 by PushedCaraway »»
Apr 19, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.