Forum Settings
Forums

FAL Fall 13: The Final Week, Final Results

#1
Jan 5, 2014 11:57 AM
Community Admin
★★★★★

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18974
Big thanks to Naruleach, Numi, Goomoonryong, koleare, _Ghost_, and Kineta for helping out during the season. Also a big thanks to all you guys who have been participating this season!

You can find more details and an overview of all results in the club's official FAL Fall 2013 thread.

Points Criteria
Please see the Rules thread.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Discussion posts ARE counted this week
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Week 14 Anime Points:


Total Weekly Points Rankings:


Total Overall Points Rankings:


Highest Unique Team Score:


Ace users:


Wildcard usage:


Team Rankings:


Errors:



FAL banners will soon be available!

---------------------------------------
---------------------------------------

AND THE WINNER OF THE FANTASY ANIME LEAGUE FALL 2013 IS....

Higashi_no_Kaze!


Congratulations!


As for everyone else, thank you all for yet another great season of the Fantasy Anime League! The Fantasy Anime League will be taking a break for one season, but we will be back for the Spring 2014 season. Look forward to it! Whether you're a newcomer or you've participated in this past season, everyone is encouraged to join. The registration will probably begin around mid-March.

If you haven't already, join the FAL Club to stay notified of the latest updates.

Also, everyone is encouraged to give their comments and suggestions in the Comments and Suggestions thread. We want to change some things to make FAL better and more interesting next season, so we'd like to hear all your opinions.


Till then, see you next time

-FAL Staff

I'm being interviewed for the MAL Interviews Club.
If you have any questions for me, please send them to Skittles on MAL!
 
#2
Jan 5, 2014 11:59 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8901
Finally, maximum points possible with my team. And up 10 in the last week.

Grats to Higashi_no_Kaze.
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
 
#3
Jan 5, 2014 12:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 1027
Its been a rough FAL for me... From 7th in Week 1.. To 56th in Week 14. Couldn't obtain my goal. Hopefully next time.
 
#4
Jan 5, 2014 12:02 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 540
Woah 21st. Did not see that coming.
Reached my goal of top 50.
 
#5
Jan 5, 2014 12:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 830
Pupa really screwed me. I thought it was going to be pretty popular only to find out it is 5 minute episodes along with not even airing this season :(
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
 
#6
Jan 5, 2014 12:09 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 273
First time playing and I reached rank 25, that's great.

Congratulations to the winner.
 
#7
Jan 5, 2014 12:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 1404
Got annihilated the last week, Had a strong starting roster, but with a weak bench and the fall of coppelion was not a winning formula.
 
 
#8
Jan 5, 2014 12:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33239
kuuderes_shadow said:
Finally, maximum points possible with my team. And up 10 in the last week.

Grats to Higashi_no_Kaze.


Thanks a lot!

I would feel better about it if I had maxed out my potential too, it feels weird to win despite making crucial mistakes :/. But I'm very glad I didn't give up after those two weeks of mistakes because in the end Little Busters came around and saved my day in the last week just as planned ^^. I'll never say that noone needs 3 swaps + extra swap again, that's for sure.

I guess I could have even aced KnB, but it was too close yesterday and I didn't have time today. So more points I didn't get :>.



So thanks to the orgnaization as always! And I can't wait for next season to test if my theories are valid or if it was just a lucky streak this season.

I'll be looking forward to the banners too :)
 
#9
Jan 5, 2014 12:17 PM
strike witch

Offline
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 3174
Well this was fun. Next time I'm going to do even more research before choosing my team. I overlooked a few shows that would have brought in more points.
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:19 PM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 128
19th ain't so bad considering i had no sequels picked for any of my 7 shows.
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:22 PM
program noizes

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 934
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I'll never say that noone needs 3 swaps + extra swap again, that's for sure.


It's so true. I've only played four times, but if I recall correctly I've had to resort to exactly that three out of the four times. Also, congrats!
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7012
Wait, NouCome was so strong on this final week that I ended up in third place?

I was hoping that I could sneak a top ten spot from JoinedForFAL (No Basket meant he was going to have a poor final week), but I never dreamt of finishing as high as third.

So, with FAL over, it looks like the strongest possible team was something like

Coppelion
Golden Time
Log Horizon
Strike The Blood
Outbreak Company (or maybe Nagi no Asukara, as Outbreak's strong first week was helped by that situational double points bonus.)

Kuroko no Basket 2
Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Comedy wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru

Basket 2 comes in for Outbreak/Nagi on week 2, 3 or 4, NouCome gets subbed in for Coppelion on week 7. And with that, you would have most likely won this season's FAL.

Too bad I picked a dud in Samurai Flamenco (I might as well have had Pupa in that slot, for what good Flamenco was for my team) over Strike the Blood.

While certain anime rated higher than NouCome overall, it didn't matter too much, as NouCome was average right until week 7, then it basically became the perfect series to take Coppelion's slot as it started to falter badly.

And so, the moral of the story is to never overlook the generic LN adaptations. Ever. Oh, and to make sure the show you pick is actually airing too. That would have helped those Pupa-using teams.

Fianlly, congrats to Higashi for picking a team strong enough to win despite keeping Coppelion in for one week longer than he should have.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2010
Posts: 10990
Awesome I got +18 and placed 26th after staying under 40th the whole season. Beat my record by quite a bit so I'm happy. I was aiming for top30 so this is satisfying. I hope I can do even better nxt season.

Nxt season is gonna be EPIC though so I wonder how many series will be excluded due to Hype XD

Grats to the winner ^^
 
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:36 PM
Community Admin
★★★★★

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 18974
I'm very happy that I finally reached the top 10 at the end of a game and then even the top 3!

Congrats to Higashi_no_Kaze (nice winning move) and FOE-tan, who reached the top 3 in the last week. Generally there has been a lot of movement every week in the rankings which made this season really interesting. I hope this shows everyone that you should never give up, you can still get better!

I'm being interviewed for the MAL Interviews Club.
If you have any questions for me, please send them to Skittles on MAL!
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:40 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 439
Congrats Higashi_no_Kaze! Great job considering all of us playing this!


Wow, of course the one time I use an ace is one of the only times Golden Time isn't the top point ranker in my team. -.- That sure was bad luck for me, ending me with a -29 to place 126...*sigh*
(Almost) 13 years on MAL!
()__()
(='.'=)
(")_(")
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:48 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 8561
Close to the top 100 : (. NOO!!! I had my Winter Anime 2014 list ready T___T. Till Spring 2014 then TwT

Congrats to Higashi !!!
 
Jan 5, 2014 12:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 8752
In the end place 328 and the last place of the staff, but still getting first place is hard but so is getting last place.
And it's still not that bad i picked the titles i believed in and will do so the next time.

Congratulations Higashi_no_Kaze
 
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33239
Thanks for all the congratulations :)
And congratulations from my part to Luna and Foe-tan for their strong finishes!

Numi said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:

I'll never say that noone needs 3 swaps + extra swap again, that's for sure.


It's so true. I've only played four times, but if I recall correctly I've had to resort to exactly that three out of the four times. Also, congrats!


For me it was the first time I needed more than 2 swaps actually so I was kinda thinking 'I'll never use the extra swap, the booster is much more useful' - until this season. Mainly because Coppelion was really, really bad in every aspect and bombed accordingly in a bunch of weeks, while LB was the total opposite and was essential in some weeks and irrelevant in most. Never had those kind of shows on my team before.
I also think the general scoring distribution over the 14 weeks played a role in making this season much less one-way than some of the previous ones. The bans, the inclusion of counting dropped/score/favorites a third time and all that stuff made for a fun competition.
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:05 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 1792
Up 9 in the final week. I was hoping to get into the top 50, but I was just a little short. Oh well, can't wait until the next FAL season.
I don't accept random friend requests, but feel free to PM me if you want to talk about something i've posted or talk about some anime/manga that i've seen.


 
Jan 5, 2014 1:07 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 123269
Grats Higashi_no_Kaze! I seen you come close a few times in the past but you made it this time! I'm going to remember about sequels in the future....

Shame that I did worse than I had played the first time oh well. At least it was fun. Cya all next season~
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33239
Stark700 said:
Grats Higashi_no_Kaze! I seen you come close a few times in the past but you made it this time! I'm going to remember about sequels in the future....

Shame that I did worse than I had played the first time oh well. At least it was fun. Cya all next season~


Thanks!
As for sequels, they are definitely tricky. They supported me in my first MAL where I finished 7th I think (would have been higher if I wasn't hit with a nuke) so I was putting my trust in them for the next two and they kinda disappointed me both times and last FAL I didn't even finish in the top 50 so this time I was almost gonna ignore them. I just felt KnB would be an exception (dat fanbase <3) and LB had good chances of being relevant in the later weeks and made for a good bench title and it wouldn't hurt me if it never became relevant.
I guess you really have to judge them case by case, factoring in how long it's been, how many people watched the previous season, how dedicated and enthusiastic the fanbase is, how big the franchise etc... There were a lot of sequels this season that failed too, like Valvrave or IS and Magi didn't perform that well either.
 
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:21 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 48
62th in the first try is not bad :)
Modified by atulgupta, Jan 5, 2014 11:01 PM
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:36 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8901
Final week stats on viewing figures:

5 top by viewing figure in final week:
1. Log Horizon
2. Golden Time
3. Strike The Blood
4. Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru
5. Outbreak Company

5 biggest % increases in viewing + completed figures:
1. White Album 2 (13.5% - the highest figure since week 4)
2. Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta (8.1%)
3. Non Non Biyori (7.8%)
4. Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season (7.5%)
5. Little Busters!: Refrain (7.3%)

5 biggest absolute changes:
1. Log Horizon (up from 4th)
2. Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (no change)
3. Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (down from 2nd)
4. Infinite Stratos 2 (up from 5th)
5. White Album 2 (up from 15th)

Top 10 gains by a point base system* accumulated over the last 10 weeks of the tournament:
1. Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru - 63.2
2. White Album 2 - 48.4
3. Non Non Biyori - 42.1
4. Kyousou Giga - 40.2
5. Log Horizon - 39.9
6. Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukunai - 39.0
7. Outbreak Company - 38.3
8. Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season - 37.1
9. Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita - 36.2
10. Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio - 35.5

Bottom 5 by same system:
1. Meganebu! - 0.6
2. Coppelion - 3.6
3. Sekai de Ichiban Tsuyoku Naritai! - 10.0
4. BlazBlue: Alter Memory - 11.1
5. Galilei Donna - 15.7
*each week points are added based on (% increase of that anime)/(sum of % increases of all anime during that week)
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 2669
I went from 339 in first week to 161 in final week, I haven't dropped once, and I believe I'm the one who went up the most since the beginning. I suppose I'm satisfied!
 
Jan 5, 2014 1:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 125
And I finish the Fal with -13 in 58.
This season was a little weird and unexpected for me with some animes over the weeks O.o
Like Coppelion to be a deception or Outbreak Company and Nounai to get a lot of people watching...
Anyway, congrats all people ^^
 
Jan 5, 2014 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 125
The rankings were swapped around for a bunch of weeks, but considering Higashi_no_Kaze's 27,000 point margin of victory despite mistakes, it was never actually very close at all.

The recent winners have picked good teams for sure, but also had a crazy dark horse title that only mattered for one week (Kids on the Slope, Flowers of Evil, Little Busters 2). It goes to show that to win a game with a huge number of players like FAL, you need to be both very good and very lucky.
Ideal anime wife?
 
 
Jan 5, 2014 4:08 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33239
kadian1365 said:
The rankings were swapped around for a bunch of weeks, but considering Higashi_no_Kaze's 27,000 point margin of victory despite mistakes, it was never actually very close at all.

The recent winners have picked good teams for sure, but also had a crazy dark horse title that only mattered for one week (Kids on the Slope, Flowers of Evil, Little Busters 2). It goes to show that to win a game with a huge number of players like FAL, you need to be both very good and very lucky.


I never considered LB much of a dark horse though, I was pretty sure it would be relevant at the end and I was more worried that the 6 other picks would not include the top 5 in the early weeks and in terms of watching numbers. It's more lucky that I happened to pick the right ones for those because NouCome, Outbreak Company, Magi, Machine-Doll and even BlazBlue were definitely shows I considered too and I didn't really have too specific reasons for picking the ones I did over them. LB had a different role though and it would have been even more relevant if I didn't mess up the swap in round 8(?). So I think it's harder/more random to guess all of the constant-ish top 5 titles instead of the ones who'll be relevant in one week only (usually either the first 2 or the last one). The risk is greater though, if for some reason it doesn't work the title is completely useless (see Pupa this season which could have been the Aku no Hana of Fall with a lot of disgruntled discussion posts early on ^^).

But yeah, you definitely need both research and luck :>
 
Jan 5, 2014 4:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7012
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
kadian1365 said:
The rankings were swapped around for a bunch of weeks, but considering Higashi_no_Kaze's 27,000 point margin of victory despite mistakes, it was never actually very close at all.

The recent winners have picked good teams for sure, but also had a crazy dark horse title that only mattered for one week (Kids on the Slope, Flowers of Evil, Little Busters 2). It goes to show that to win a game with a huge number of players like FAL, you need to be both very good and very lucky.


I never considered LB much of a dark horse though, I was pretty sure it would be relevant at the end and I was more worried that the 6 other picks would not include the top 5 in the early weeks and in terms of watching numbers. It's more lucky that I happened to pick the right ones for those because NouCome, Outbreak Company, Magi, Machine-Doll and even BlazBlue were definitely shows I considered too and I didn't really have too specific reasons for picking the ones I did over them. LB had a different role though and it would have been even more relevant if I didn't mess up the swap in round 8(?). So I think it's harder/more random to guess all of the constant-ish top 5 titles instead of the ones who'll be relevant in one week only (usually either the first 2 or the last one). The risk is greater though, if for some reason it doesn't work the title is completely useless (see Pupa this season which could have been the Aku no Hana of Fall with a lot of disgruntled discussion posts early on ^^).

But yeah, you definitely need both research and luck :>
You say that as if NouCome was a bad choice. I know for a fact that NouCome single-handedly took me from 11th to 3rd this final week, and it was only 5,000 points behind LB Refrain while being more relevant on pretty much every other week in the second half of the season and finishing higher than Refrain overall, despite having fewer episodes for discussion points and starting later. The only reason I didn't rank higher was because I didn't have Strike the Blood in my team, and there weren't many other relevant teams with NouCome to settle the NouCome vs Refrain debate.

Long story short, I think you would have won, even if you picked NouCome over Refrain. The key anime was Strike the Blood. It was the one series that differentiated you from the most popular team combination, and if you pick NouCome over that, then you would be pretty much the same as me, except with an actually-useful second bench anime, and so would have probably finished in 3rd.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
 
Jan 5, 2014 5:34 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 211
+31 and finished at rank 40! Not bad for my first time playing! I reached my goal of making it in the top 50.
See you guys again for the Spring season :D
 
Jan 5, 2014 5:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33239
FOE-tan said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
kadian1365 said:
The rankings were swapped around for a bunch of weeks, but considering Higashi_no_Kaze's 27,000 point margin of victory despite mistakes, it was never actually very close at all.

The recent winners have picked good teams for sure, but also had a crazy dark horse title that only mattered for one week (Kids on the Slope, Flowers of Evil, Little Busters 2). It goes to show that to win a game with a huge number of players like FAL, you need to be both very good and very lucky.


I never considered LB much of a dark horse though, I was pretty sure it would be relevant at the end and I was more worried that the 6 other picks would not include the top 5 in the early weeks and in terms of watching numbers. It's more lucky that I happened to pick the right ones for those because NouCome, Outbreak Company, Magi, Machine-Doll and even BlazBlue were definitely shows I considered too and I didn't really have too specific reasons for picking the ones I did over them. LB had a different role though and it would have been even more relevant if I didn't mess up the swap in round 8(?). So I think it's harder/more random to guess all of the constant-ish top 5 titles instead of the ones who'll be relevant in one week only (usually either the first 2 or the last one). The risk is greater though, if for some reason it doesn't work the title is completely useless (see Pupa this season which could have been the Aku no Hana of Fall with a lot of disgruntled discussion posts early on ^^).

But yeah, you definitely need both research and luck :>
You say that as if NouCome was a bad choice. I know for a fact that NouCome single-handedly took me from 11th to 3rd this final week, and it was only 5,000 points behind LB Refrain while being more relevant on pretty much every other week in the second half of the season and finishing higher than Refrain overall, despite having fewer episodes for discussion points and starting later. The only reason I didn't rank higher was because I didn't have Strike the Blood in my team, and there weren't many other relevant teams with NouCome to settle the NouCome vs Refrain debate.

Long story short, I think you would have won, even if you picked NouCome over Refrain. The key anime was Strike the Blood. It was the one series that differentiated you from the most popular team combination, and if you pick NouCome over that, then you would be pretty much the same as me, except with an actually-useful second bench anime, and so would have probably finished in 3rd.


You're probably right, but I probably would have dropped Strike the Blood before Little Busters so I'm glad I decided not to pick NouCome in the end. Idk why, but I was pretty attached to Little Busters on my bench. I think it would be the show I would have regretted most not picking if it actually became relevant.

Also according to my math it was up 13k this last week on Noucome, and 2k up on week 8. Sure, that isn't the world, but I never counted on it for any other week and it would still be enough to break a tie with people that had similar active teams (if I picked NouCome over StB there would be more of those). And considering Luna_ is actually only ~8k above you the 13k difference of LB/NouCome would have still been enough to make me first if I'd be pretty much the same as you but still having LB for that 13k in week 14. I think?
 
Jan 5, 2014 6:53 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 325
Grats to the winners, as well as a big THANKS! to all the MAL staff who made this possible. You guys rock!

I'm pretty sure Zhou and I had the same team going in (same shows picked, different active and benched teams), and wouldn't ya know it? We ended up one right after the other, ha ha! XD
 
Jan 5, 2014 7:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 489
Congrats to the winners!! and also Thanks to MAL! I really enjoyed participating in this Game :D

Gonna Wait for Spring Game next
 
Jan 5, 2014 10:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 708
Oh yeah jumped 24 spots
At least in top 100, so I'm pretty happy
Congrats to Higashi_no_Kaze and the FAL staffs
Looking forward to the FAL Spring 2014
 
 
Jan 5, 2014 10:33 PM
Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 9414
on 260 on the rank. ohh. that's decent, but meh still don't like it. >_>
 
Jan 5, 2014 11:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 2740
241... I'm %100 sure we're going by highscore wins, yep... So I believe I totally %100 beaten Koleare



 
Jan 6, 2014 4:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 5253
That ace for KnB was too close for comfort. Glad it pulled through somewhat. Surprised that people had the same idea as well. Calculating the scores for LH and KnB was quite a chore.

And not bad, 57th place. Still above my first FAL ranking but definitely below from last season. I totally screwed up when I didn't pick Golden Time. I definitely knew its potential having read the source material but I totally underestimated MAL's reception for it. I thought I knew MAL already but I guess I need to lurk more. Really unpredictable but that's what makes this pretty fun.

Congrats to Higashi for the win and thanks to the FAL staff. Looking forward to Spring FAL. I need to do my research as early as now. Already have a few prospects.
 
Jan 7, 2014 4:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 2967
I managed to play Little Busters! perfectly toward the end of FAL, also had NouCome come through in a big way for me once Coppelion began to tank. I went +29 in the final week to jump to 61st. Having Pupa on my team, and as a starter no less, really hurt early on for me. That mistake won't be made again, but I was looking to cash-in on an Aku no Hana type start to the season. I feel like I did the most with what I had and the only thing I really missed out on (outside of week 1) was a KnB ace in the final week. I simply forgot to send it in on Sunday in time.

Next FAL I expect to be in the mix, hopefully. Had no idea what I was doing in the first FAL, made tons of mistakes in my second, and played pretty well in this one considering the hole Pupa dug me and team picking mistakes. 4th times a charm, hopefully! Anyway, great season guys and congrats again to Higashi and FA staff fr running an excellent season.

 
Jan 7, 2014 2:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 33239
KingYoshi said:
Next FAL I expect to be in the mix, hopefully. Had no idea what I was doing in the first FAL, made tons of mistakes in my second, and played pretty well in this one considering the hole Pupa dug me and team picking mistakes. 4th times a charm, hopefully! Anyway, great season guys and congrats again to Higashi and FA staff fr running an excellent season.


It definitely was for me ^^.
 
Jan 8, 2014 3:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 470
Ugh, rank 101? Should have not risked the ace to make the top 100. Grats to the champ and looking forward to next season!
 
 
Jan 8, 2014 9:05 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 3821
Not bad for me although first time joining FAL. It was a roller-coaster ride. May re-considering sequel for the next FAL.
Badges: C.C.O / T.C.O / TFCC admin ID | Previously known as kazumi-san95
 
 
Jan 9, 2014 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2012
Posts: 2389
Congratulations to Higashi no kaze!
Big thanks to the organizers of this event.

41 (+20) Magnord - 3221806
Woaw! I expected to win enough points to be in the top 50 but this exceed my expectations.
This is the only week of the season where the top 3 was in my team.

my mistakes :
-not picking golden time
-believing too much in Little Busters : Refrain! (the number of posts was huge but not enough to redeem the low watching figure)
-picking diabolik lovers to gain a lot of points in the beginning. Thanks to this I have an unique score but this anime was completely useless after week 1.
-the order of my starting team was not well thought and after 6 weeks and 2 (definitely useful) swaps I realized that I will lose some points either in weeks 8-9 or in weeks 10-13 because of coppelion dropping points and little busters : refrain watching points. 4 swaps were not enough :p and I had to choose the best option.

I decided my 5 others picks based on PTW numbers and a bit of intuition (for me the name 'strike the blood' was vowed to attract a lot of people and the PV seemed cool too).
I was afraid about the ace on Kuroko on week 14 that was planned for a long time, because there was no episode (it means no posts) the previous week.

It was a really interesting event.
Maybe i will participate on spring.

Banchou said:
Ugh, rank 101? Should have not risked the ace to make the top 100. Grats to the champ and looking forward to next season!

Why did you use a nuke instead of a booster? It was unnecessary and you would have placed two ranks higher (6 ranks higher without the ace).

kuuderes_shadow said:

5 biggest absolute changes:
1. Log Horizon (up from 4th)
2. Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (no change)
3. Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (down from 2nd)
4. Infinite Stratos 2 (up from 5th)
5. White Album 2 (up from 15th)

What do you mean by absolute change?
Modified by Magnord, Jan 9, 2014 12:42 AM
 
Jan 9, 2014 2:33 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8901
Magnord said:

kuuderes_shadow said:

5 biggest absolute changes:
1. Log Horizon (up from 4th)
2. Ore no Nounai Sentakushi ga, Gakuen Love Come wo Zenryoku de Jama Shiteiru (no change)
3. Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai (down from 2nd)
4. Infinite Stratos 2 (up from 5th)
5. White Album 2 (up from 15th)

What do you mean by absolute change?


(Watching + Completed count in week 14) - (Watching + Completed count in week 13)

As opposed to percentage change which is

100 x (Watching + Completed count in week 14) - (Watching + Completed count in week 13))/(Watching + Completed count in week 13)

Just stats and stuff. If it doesn't interest you, don't worry about it.
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Jan 9, 2014 5:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 374
276th, not bad, I got pretty close to my goal (the bottom).
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

 
Jan 10, 2014 5:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7012
I'm going to post this just out of interest.

Unofficial FAL Second Half (Weeks 8-14) Points Rankings:


I think this chart shows just how spectacularly Coppelion bombed in the second half of the season, it was in fourth place overall in the week 7 results, but that low score and high drop count really took its toll in the second half of the season, while also showing how NouKome surged from 17th overall on week 7 to take 4th place in the 2nd half-only rankings.

It also shows how Log Horizon would have still out-scored Little Buster Refrain and Machine-Doll wa Kizutsukanai, the fifth most-picked anime this FAL, to finish 10th in the overall rankings, even if all the points Log Horizon scored in weeks 1-7 were voided.
Modified by Rosa_FOEtida, Jan 10, 2014 5:18 AM
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
 
Jan 10, 2014 5:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 8901
Non Non 4 points above StB. Nice. Anyway, the second half is heavily determined by how well the series is received (score, dropped and favourites), whereas the first half is more dependent on the number of people watching it (post counts and viewing figures). This gives boosts to sequels (LB:R, Magi) and shows with smaller, dedicated fandoms (NNB, Kyousougiga) in the later weeks, whereas those with hype that fail to live up to expectations (Coppelion, BlazBlue) do a lot better in the early stages. However, those hyped series that do succeed in meeting peoples hopes (Golden Time, Log Horizon) manage to come out on top in both sets.

The big exception, of course, is NouCome, which somehow managed to go viral. I'm still not entirely sure why or how it did it, but it's clearly visible that it did happen from the viewing figures stats (which I have posted) - it was 13th in terms of view count on week 3, but was one of the top 4 gainers every single week from there on out, and finished with the fourth highest. It will soon overtake Strike the Blood for third out of the things allowed in this season's FAL.
Bestselling light novel volumes of the year/all time* (and more in the same club including weekly series ranks etc). <-- No longer being updated. Sorry.
*that there is data for

There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
 
Jan 11, 2014 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2013
Posts: 89
even with all the ace mistake and not using second half privileges, managed to be on 220-'s,

not bad for my first time..not bad ^^