Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 4, 2014 6:32 PM
Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Quite liked this episode thought the fight was good and the part at the end was pretty intense, Looking forward to next week to see what happens.
Jan 4, 2014 6:46 PM

Jul 2009
Well it was an interesting episode but the fight between Luffy and Law should have been better.
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Jan 4, 2014 8:07 PM
Feb 2013
I did enjoy this episode a bit more then I thought, I really liked Luffy and Law fighting to the death. It did add a bit more tense, but the only issue I had during that fight was that I know this is a filler arc and because of that I know that I shouldn't take what happens here too serious. Also what was the point of having a flashback of the previous episode, I'll never understand that. However, I would of overlooked the filler thing if the fight was a bit better.
Jan 4, 2014 8:37 PM

Jun 2009
hmm thought about a more cutting fight than that but well
next ep is the end of the filler
Jan 4, 2014 8:40 PM

Jan 2014
I wonder if the pet guy could tame sea-kings?
Jan 4, 2014 8:53 PM

Mar 2012
Well, decent enough filler episode.
Jan 4, 2014 9:00 PM

Dec 2011
Really wish we can move on to Dressrosa arc properly now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2014 10:51 PM

Nov 2007
Am I the only one wondering why Law's punches have any effect on Luffy at all? He's not using haki as far as I can tell, and Luffy can't exactly stop being rubber, even if ordered not to use his DF powers. ^^;

And half the episode being wordless animal cries kind of annoyed me after a while.

I wanted this filler to be better, tbh. ^^; And longer, so we could have decent pacing in the next arc, perhaps. But now I'm glad it's going to be pretty short.
Jan 4, 2014 11:03 PM

Dec 2013
rimedragona said:
Am I the only one wondering why Law's punches have any effect on Luffy at all? He's not using haki as far as I can tell, and Luffy can't exactly stop being rubber, even if ordered not to use his DF powers..

Exactly what i was thinking only the seals punched should have hurt luffy.

I was waiting that whole episode for a badass entry by zoro and cut those rings of their necks but no, now law and luffy are pretty boned until the seal somehow gets out of the ring and helps them out
I'll Have You Know That I've Become Indestructible
Jan 5, 2014 12:38 AM

Sep 2012
This filler is actually more interesting that the usual slow show :o
Jan 5, 2014 12:44 AM

Jan 2012
I loved the "osuwari" part - Trafa was just so adorable;* (watched it almost 100 times)
Jan 5, 2014 12:46 AM

Jul 2008
rimedragona said:
Am I the only one wondering why Law's punches have any effect on Luffy at all? He's not using haki as far as I can tell, and Luffy can't exactly stop being rubber, even if ordered not to use his DF powers. ^^;

And half the episode being wordless animal cries kind of annoyed me after a while.

I wanted this filler to be better, tbh. ^^; And longer, so we could have decent pacing in the next arc, perhaps. But now I'm glad it's going to be pretty short.

When Luffy gets punched he still bleeds if he takes enough damage rubber or not. It's been that way for every single fight he has been in. Hell even Usopp made Luffy bleed.

Anyway, I felt so bad for the Dugong but it was an okay fight.
Jan 5, 2014 1:20 AM

Dec 2009
Anyone else thought it was a bit too obvious that they stopped showing Law's eyes turn red and without the green ring around his neck? I think you actually have to hear the guy's orders to have them affect you (hence why there are loudspeakers all over the place) and Law got his ears covered or something because he seemed to have noticed a delay in Caesar picking up the Peto Peto guy's orders when they were in the cell, which is what could've tipped him off.

Not sure why he would play along for so long instead of you know, just using Room and cutting him to hell right away, but One Piece fillers were never renowned for their logic. I also thought it was weird Luffy taking so much damage from Law's punches. I get he's strong, but Luffy was getting hurt as if hit by Haki.
Ara ara.
Jan 5, 2014 1:34 AM
Jan 2013
Okay episode, though I can't stand it that Law just doesn't uses his devil's fruit power while he has lots of chances to and get this collar off.
Though at the end of the episode Law's collar seems to have disappeared, am very interested in the next episode, but I hope we can also move on to dressrosa quickly
Jan 5, 2014 1:56 AM

Feb 2010
629 is the start of the Dressrosa arc! just saying^^
Jan 5, 2014 2:13 AM

Apr 2009
DoomCraft said:
I think you actually have to hear the guy's orders to have them affect you (hence why there are loudspeakers all over the place) and Law got his ears covered or something because he seemed to have noticed a delay in Caesar picking up the Peto Peto guy's orders when they were in the cell, which is what could've tipped him off.
I arrived on the same observation myself, I guess you have to actually hear his commands and your brain has to process that command so the automatic body movements will commence. Maybe if you've stuffed your ears with wax or anything that will mute the sound his powers will be nullified even if you still have the green collar on you.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 5, 2014 2:32 AM

Jul 2008
DoomCraft said:
Anyone else thought it was a bit too obvious that they stopped showing Law's eyes turn red and without the green ring around his neck? I think you actually have to hear the guy's orders to have them affect you (hence why there are loudspeakers all over the place) and Law got his ears covered or something because he seemed to have noticed a delay in Caesar picking up the Peto Peto guy's orders when they were in the cell, which is what could've tipped him off.

Not sure why he would play along for so long instead of you know, just using Room and cutting him to hell right away, but One Piece fillers were never renowned for their logic. I also thought it was weird Luffy taking so much damage from Law's punches. I get he's strong, but Luffy was getting hurt as if hit by Haki.

I think you just answered your own question. He had to play along to keep up the appearance, then once they were knocked outside and out Mr. Peto's sight....ROOM SHAMBLES. Now they can work behind the scenes...at least Law can while Luffy causes a distraction.
Jan 5, 2014 2:34 AM

Mar 2008
OMG... i can't stand this any longer

just go on a 1year long break already... and afterwards return to your former glory

the animation got so incredibly shitty.... there hasn't been 1 epic fight after the time skip.... all the new "main enemies" are SO fucking annoying with their shitty laughter + all the new powers are so stupid

oh and... franky and brook are incredibly annoying... + all this new robo-shit (mecha franky), just stop it already... it's pointless and dumb and has no place in a pirate-anime

and the fights which could have been so amazingly epic (for example... Smoker vs Trafalgar... or even luffy vs caesar/hordy, etc... have all been fucked up due to the shitty animation
+ to be honest.. the story has gotten worse as well... no exciting new islands/adventures.. nothing

it's really gotten terrible, get your shit together.. this has become unwatchable since the time skip

i love one piece, but it's the truth.... and this whole punk hazard arc is even worse than the fishman island arc (which should be impossible)
RomeoJan 5, 2014 2:37 AM
Jan 5, 2014 3:43 AM

Jul 2013
I'm kinda disappointed at them... just what the hell was the purpose of the time-skip if they're still as weak as they were before!! its always the same pattern..

go somewhere, encounter some bad guys, be defeated and be driven to the edge, become strong (as they were since before) and defeat the bad guys, move on to somewhere again.. and repeat the process..

seriously?? can't they encounter a villain who they can easily defeat?? I know the New World is home to the most powerful pirates but man.. there has to be someone!!!!

seems like Law is just playing along... he must be planning something..

why didn't they avoid Dugong's attacks?? I don't remember them being ordered to receive them all attacks..
Jan 5, 2014 4:05 AM

Jan 2008
Is it just me or does chopper kinda look like perona with that new outfit.
Jan 5, 2014 5:22 AM

Aug 2010
My brother told me about the next Arc a bit, and I'm definitely excited. Hopefully the animation will be better for this and not like Punk Hazard.
Currently obsessed with:
One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, Your Lie in April.
Jan 5, 2014 6:24 AM

Apr 2013
Quite liked this filler.
Intense end.
Jan 5, 2014 8:45 AM
Jan 2014
I felt like there was much more potential in the episode and ended the episode way better. The fight scene with law and luffy could have been performed better (by letting them battle with their powers) and I would also like to know Breed's background (telling by the flashbacks, he was probably abandoned by his 'friends' which made him hate the human race and have a 'liking ' for animals but when he whipped chopper I suppose he's just a narcissist and just wanted power; like the typical everyday one piece villain......
It's harder than it seems, I'm under water in my dreams
I'm in awe, this jigsaw, puzzles not complete
I'm just an idea, nothing concrete
Jan 5, 2014 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
BORING just get to Dressrosa
Jan 5, 2014 10:06 AM

Oct 2008
I liked that they gave us some background on this villian. It's a surprisingly good motivation for a filler villian..
Jan 5, 2014 10:32 AM
Jan 2014
Yeah I agree the fight could have been a bit more exciting. Plus I don't think the fight went how it should of. Considering Luffy is a hand-to-hand combat kind of guy, and Law usually uses a sword, in a bare fist fight luffy should have destroyed him. But for obvious reasons they probz wanted to make them look like they're equal in strength in someway.
Jan 5, 2014 6:12 PM

Jun 2012
Luffy vs Law was sorta boring. It was just a bunch of punches. I wanted to see more devil fruit powers, but whatever. I wonder what Law noticed about the Peto-Peto power when that guy ordered Ceaser over the Den den mushi thing. That'll probably be its weakness and how they beat that guy.
Jan 5, 2014 6:15 PM

Jun 2012
PrimeX said:
I'm kinda disappointed at them... just what the hell was the purpose of the time-skip if they're still as weak as they were before!! its always the same pattern..

go somewhere, encounter some bad guys, be defeated and be driven to the edge, become strong (as they were since before) and defeat the bad guys, move on to somewhere again.. and repeat the process..

seriously?? can't they encounter a villain who they can easily defeat?? I know the New World is home to the most powerful pirates but man.. there has to be someone!!!!

seems like Law is just playing along... he must be planning something..

why didn't they avoid Dugong's attacks?? I don't remember them being ordered to receive them all attacks..

yea, its the same pattern over and over again, but the anime would get boring if they just beat their opponents in like ten seconds. nobody would watch an anime like that. plus as they go farther into the new world, the opponents get stronger so it makes sense they are constantly encountering people stronger than themselves
Jan 5, 2014 9:02 PM

Jul 2009
bskbob said:
629 is the start of the Dressrosa arc! just saying^^

Hope so, not that the filler "act" (or what you want to call it) is bad but i am looking forward to see the Dressrosa act. :)
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Jan 5, 2014 10:50 PM

Sep 2013
poor dugong ;_; that ending was so sad :(

have a hunch that the way to beating this dude is easy though & law knows it
caesar didn't hear his order so it didn't affect him :L just cover your ears guys lol
Jan 6, 2014 12:07 AM

Feb 2012
Blaine said:
Is it just me or does chopper kinda look like perona with that new outfit.

I thought that same thing actually.

Man that episode was really sad towards the end there. I wonder who is going to randomly show up and save them.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jan 6, 2014 3:57 AM

Nov 2011
Well, that was depressing.

Jan 6, 2014 4:17 AM

Jan 2013
omg NOOOOO LUFFY, PLEASE DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it was so cruel, aw these emotions in last minutes :c
Jan 6, 2014 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
tofei said:
DoomCraft said:
I think you actually have to hear the guy's orders to have them affect you (hence why there are loudspeakers all over the place) and Law got his ears covered or something because he seemed to have noticed a delay in Caesar picking up the Peto Peto guy's orders when they were in the cell, which is what could've tipped him off.
I arrived on the same observation myself, I guess you have to actually hear his commands and your brain has to process that command so the automatic body movements will commence. Maybe if you've stuffed your ears with wax or anything that will mute the sound his powers will be nullified even if you still have the green collar on you.

Yea! I noticed the exact same thing. Law's very patient and pretty smart, so there'll be a good moment when he can hack that fool to pieces
Jan 6, 2014 12:04 PM

Jan 2014
Drakewinm said:
tofei said:
DoomCraft said:

Yea! I noticed the exact same thing. Law's very patient and pretty smart, so there'll be a good moment when he can hack that fool to pieces

Can't agree more with you! I don't know if anyone else noticed Law's behaviour during the fight (though I was surprised by Law's physical abilities and combat skills ^^), but I think he was somehow leading the fight towards the pillar Breed was standing on along with his sitting "pet" Caesar :P

Though I don't know how, maybe he figured a way to avoid receiving Breed's orders, as you have already said! That is in my opinion the only exciting part, to figure out a way to avoid getting caught and ordered by Breed! But this "filler arc" is Okay. But of course I also agree with the fact that the animation got pretty worse (started in the fishman arc)! What shocked me was Sanji's fighting scene in the Plaza! Earlier I thought quite highly of Sanji's combat fighting. But that scene kind of disappointed me!

Well I, just like everyone else, hope the animation gets better soon!
Jan 6, 2014 1:09 PM

May 2012
AceButtlet said:
rimedragona said:
Am I the only one wondering why Law's punches have any effect on Luffy at all? He's not using haki as far as I can tell, and Luffy can't exactly stop being rubber, even if ordered not to use his DF powers..

Exactly what i was thinking only the seals punched should have hurt luffy.

I was waiting that whole episode for a badass entry by zoro and cut those rings of their necks but no, now law and luffy are pretty boned until the seal somehow gets out of the ring and helps them out

its not like everyones body has to go black/change colors when they use haki, that's only one way of using it. luffy's grandpa for example punched luffy and hurt him without changing his fists.
Jan 6, 2014 1:42 PM
Jan 2014
I get that it's just a filler but what I don't understand is why wouldn't luffy just use the Conqueror's Haki when he was in the cage or really anywhere
Jan 6, 2014 1:44 PM
Jan 2014
and when they were being shot with the goo in the first place how come Observation Haki didn't come into place. I know it's just a filler but these plot holes are hard to ignore
Jan 6, 2014 1:55 PM

Jan 2014
tamarosaijkao said:
I get that it's just a filler but what I don't understand is why wouldn't luffy just use the Conqueror's Haki when he was in the cage or really anywhere

I pretty much agree with you at this point! I wanted to mention that too but kind of forgot about it!
Sometimes a lot of things doesn't seem to fit in the plot but that's the Anime World mate.
Jan 6, 2014 4:46 PM

Jul 2010
Well, I'm enjoying this filler at the moment.
It was quite emotional.

PrimeX said:
I'm kinda disappointed at them... just what the hell was the purpose of the time-skip if they're still as weak as they were before!! its always the same pattern.

Based-shounen is like this. You are never strong enough.
Jan 6, 2014 6:08 PM

Aug 2013
Ugh, bit of a pointless episode. Hate it when they make weak enemies look menacing. He'll probably be defeated in a predictably cheesy way...
Jan 6, 2014 6:47 PM

Dec 2012
That was really touching for a filler.
I love how Luffy smiles before death :)
Jan 6, 2014 9:01 PM

May 2010
Mr7Beans said:
When is this gonna end?

Go to One Piece Wiki and look at the Episode Guide. Episode 628 comes out this Saturday. 628 is the LAST filler episode and then we move on to Dressrosa. Which is great, but I hope the animation is good quality. I'm curious at how certain scenes are going to be played out. Episode 629 is coming out January 19, a week from now. We can do this!!

To be perfectly honest I was a little disturbed with the whole Chopper in drag, getting whipped...and Dugong-kin getting whipped too. I'm weak against animal cruelty. I can't stand it in real life or fiction. I know the villain has somewhat of a understandable reason for doing this, but one question:
If he wants a place with ONLY animals, that would automatically exclude him, right? I was going to say (for a split second before I remembered) that he should try using the man-made devil fruit but then realized he already ate one. So yeah, he's a hypocrite and an animal abuser. I can't sympathize with him at all.
If there is anything I don't like in this filler, I just remind myself it's a filler and will be over with. Since there hasn't been a chapter update last week, I'm seriously craving more Dressrosa...so I really hope this week flies by quickly...really quickly.
DarkcroweJan 6, 2014 9:12 PM
I am apart from everything and a part of everything.

Frozen Fire, Tim Bowler
Jan 11, 2014 6:02 AM

Dec 2012
So.. how come Luffy just didn't use Conqueror's Haki at any point before he got cuffs on? Since the guy is weak as shit.
SuitedupJan 11, 2014 6:13 AM
Jan 11, 2014 6:16 PM

Mar 2010
poor dugong

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jan 14, 2014 12:10 PM

Jun 2011
People, Hody's weak as shit too compare to Luffy, but he wasn't affected by Luffy's HH.

I thought that it was quite emotional too, not really that sad but it was sort of depressing and heavy, and I feel bad for the kung fu Dugong.

This 3 episodes filler really make me think that if they were made to compensate for the 3 weeks break the manga took, and they will be back to maximum one chapter per episode for the rest of the show.. ):!!!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 19, 2014 3:57 AM

Jan 2012
I feel bad for Law considering what's waiting for him in Dressrosa too
Jan 26, 2014 5:51 AM

Nov 2008
The best thing about fillers is that the usual users can't write spoilers about them.
Jun 8, 2014 9:10 PM

Jul 2013
I was honestly just anticipating a smart plan from Law this whole episode but I guess One Piece doesn't work that way, they don't solve things in one episode... But I'm suprised that they didn't even mention that Caesar didn't follow the orders until he heard it.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Feb 4, 2015 9:08 AM

Oct 2013
1 more to go

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 390 Discussion

enkil - May 5, 2009

40 by gannoncannon55 »»
12 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 389 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Feb 15, 2009

60 by gannoncannon55 »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 388 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Feb 8, 2009

99 by gannoncannon55 »»
53 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 387 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sennin_Darkissa - Feb 2, 2009

59 by gannoncannon55 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 386 Discussion ( 1 2 )

GRIZZAT - Jan 16, 2009

67 by gannoncannon55 »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.