Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 5, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
Awesome fight , awesome song , awesome anime :)
Jan 5, 2014 3:06 PM

May 2010
Watched 11 - 13 in one sitting. Pretty good fight I have to say.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jan 5, 2014 5:11 PM

Sep 2013
a great ending to an incredible fight :)
got chills at the end ad;sflkj just amazing!
Jan 5, 2014 10:42 PM
Jul 2018

Takamura: "Anti-Anti Dempsey." After a while, "Anti-Anti-Anti Dempsey."
That was a bloody fight and awesome. Liked when Tumbling Dice was played at the start.
[/size
Jan 6, 2014 5:44 AM

Jan 2014
Saw a minor flaw... after the last Dempsey Roll, Sawamura lost his mouthpiece (seen flung in the air with blood), then when he's about to go down, his mouthpiece is back in his mouth...
Jan 6, 2014 9:51 PM

Apr 2013
Seriously people, am I the only person that got the chills during that episode? First of all, I'm surprised and excited that they came out with a new season to Hajime No Ippo to begin with and then on top of that, to put so much work into everything, it makes me love the creators. What were your thoughts on this episode? I give it a 9/10, seriously.
Jan 7, 2014 4:22 AM

Jul 2012
Zenaku123 said:
Seriously people, am I the only person that got the chills during that episode? First of all, I'm surprised and excited that they came out with a new season to Hajime No Ippo to begin with and then on top of that, to put so much work into everything, it makes me love the creators. What were your thoughts on this episode? I give it a 9/10, seriously.

After all these comments do you really think you are the only one, seriously?
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Jan 7, 2014 11:37 AM
May 2007
I still wish they had the scene where between I think round 6 and 7, Sawamura spits on Kawabe and that Kawabe was also in foster care.
Jan 7, 2014 12:00 PM

Apr 2013
Unchou said:
Zenaku123 said:

Lol my post actually got moved here, it wasn't even in this topic. I woke up to this lmao
Jan 8, 2014 4:57 AM

Jun 2008
Best episode so far, the moment when Ippo finished that bastard with Dempsey Roll was very satisfying :).
Jan 8, 2014 2:29 PM

Aug 2010
Nice conclusion to the fight. Best fight for this season so far.
Jan 8, 2014 2:38 PM

Oct 2013
This fight did not disappoint. This season has been so well executed. Now it's time for Takamura!
Jan 8, 2014 3:15 PM

Jun 2008
Damn!!!That last dempsey was every bit as epic as the one that knocked the shit out of Sendo.
Three ribs, four destroyed teeth and an eyeball out of it socket. Holy mother of scary motherfucking punches. Ippo is such a scary powerhouse.

Zenaku123 said:
Unchou said:
Zenaku123 said:

Lol my post actually got moved here, it wasn't even in this topic. I woke up to this lmao

Why wasn't it here when is supposed to be here and a mod had to move it? To you not know how to use the forums?

sevki said:
Firstly, I am not the type of guy who compares anime and manga all the time. And I'm reading HnI and as of now I'm on chapter 750's. So I of course read this fight before, and was looking forward to it animated. But unlike the other comments, mine comes this way:
I was happy that after 2 weeks of break, HnI returned with one hour special. But after watching it, I again found myself asking this simple question: Why? The flashback scenes of Sawamura are totally ruined. Just adapt the damn pages already written and waiting! Of course there could be minor differences which should not be minded, but they did ruin the Submarine Wars as well. Why do they do this? And the studio is great as well. No way to understand. One hundred percent meaningless. Without that flashback, how can one grasp the motives of Sawamura in a complete circle?

Don't misunderstand me, I like the anime a lot, but the adaptation does not live up to its source material.

Lol, i don't think you have been watching the show very well cause what you said was actually told. You just made a slight fool of yourself there.

Banpen_Fugyo said:
spacemonkey93 said:
what can I say... I shivered, Ippo simply inspires though he sucks sometimes.

Its not that he sucks, its just a Japanese thing. They always try and make the point, in almost every action anime, that guts/spirit is more important than strength/skill/intelligence etc.

See: Ippo, Goku, Naruto, every shonen ever

Hell, even the samurai's suicides were all about "showing their guts" (seppuku)

If you haven't noticed the opponents in Ippo usually seem to share a similar determination of not wanting to lose and giving everything for the win so NO, is not about guts. What Hajime no Ippo likes to praise a lot is hard work. It always makes a point on how Ippo has incredible stamina and can last almost threw anything due to his trust in his training and the hard work he puts to built himself.
MonadJan 8, 2014 5:49 PM
Jan 8, 2014 4:31 PM
May 2007

Lol, i don't think you have been watching the show very well cause you said was actually told. You just made a slight fool of yourself there.

I missed the part where Sawamura and Sendo first met way back in high school and how Sawamura spat on Kawabe-sensei between rounds showing how much he was in digust he felt he betrayed him and how Sendo told Sawamura at the hospital that Kawabe-sensei was also in foster care and that he should value him more.

The flashback with Sawamura stabbing his step-father was shown in the anime, but I felt some of the circumstances weren't that well expanded in the anime.
Jan 8, 2014 4:37 PM

Nov 2013
one of the best fights in the show coming after sendo vs ippo(second time) and takamura vs hawk(or bear lol)
Jan 9, 2014 10:28 AM

Apr 2009
Hot damn, Sawamura felt that last punch! XD Then his Anti-Anti-Anti-Dempsey Roll mid-episode didn't work when the Anti-Anti...ah heck let's just say it's a quadruple Anti Dempsey Roll (I'm thinking quad cannons, LOL) sent him an artillery barrage worth of punches to answer his pistol bullets. Sorry Ryuuhei, you won't have this particular tender meat today, perhaps never. Unless you wanna have a go at it in the future again? XP

Good to hear that the internal damage brought by the evolved Dempsey Roll isn't that critical...yet. Anyway, a very good episode especially when Ippo started beating Ryuuhei down.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 10, 2014 3:11 PM
Jan 2014
Dempsi-yaburi-yaburi-yaburi ta! :-O

This anime continues delivering chills.Thinking about Ippo and Kuroko animes gets me pumped up when I'm running. Awesome!
Jan 11, 2014 2:07 AM
Apr 2013
Congratz on the win. But seriously, why isn't anyone in the series addressing the fact that Sawamura is a fucked up asshole that plays dirty, beats up people at random and punched Kumi? Stop complimenting him on a good fight and send him to fucking jail already.

Also, since I marathoned the entire series and this is my first post about it, I gotta say that the use-any-method-to-win-including-cheating-and-conveniently-awful-referees thing is overused. Although usually they make up for it by making the rest of the fight pretty good.
Jan 11, 2014 9:08 AM

Jul 2010
guyuz said:
Congratz on the win. But seriously, why isn't anyone in the series addressing the fact that Sawamura is a fucked up asshole that plays dirty, beats up people at random and punched Kumi? Stop complimenting him on a good fight and send him to fucking jail already.

Also, since I marathoned the entire series and this is my first post about it, I gotta say that the use-any-method-to-win-including-cheating-and-conveniently-awful-referees thing is overused. Although usually they make up for it by making the rest of the fight pretty good.

They did say he played dirty and such and probably they wanted him to go in jail too.
At least Mashiba for sure wanted it.

Yeah, the cheating is overused in spokon, yet is always effective. Anyway, this time they used the cheat-thing two or three times? So I can't complain.
Jan 11, 2014 10:58 AM

Apr 2011
this guy never ceases to amaze me

http://i.imgur.com/blBjTX1.jpg?1?2039
Jan 11, 2014 12:03 PM

Jul 2011
Valaskjalf said:
this guy never ceases to amaze me

http://i.imgur.com/blBjTX1.jpg?1?2039

Rolf
Jan 12, 2014 1:00 AM

Jul 2008
Never was there a more satisfying Dempsey Roll than this, never an opponent I wanted to beat into the ground more.

I literally cheered out loud when Ippo connected with that final Dempsey...pure adrenaline bliss. He ended Sawamura's freaking career and thank god he did.
Jan 12, 2014 7:58 PM

Nov 2007
I AM SOLD. The fight was epic. I don't know when was the last time I enjoyed a sports shounen this much. Still the best ever!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jan 18, 2014 2:19 AM

Aug 2012
Dizzee said:
Best episode so far, the moment when Ippo finished that bastard with Dempsey Roll was very satisfying :).

that was truly satisfying :)
Feb 1, 2014 11:48 AM

Apr 2007
That was so intense! And the fight was just as good as I imagined it to be. The soundtrack is definitely way better than NC. I'm glad they learned

But it is sad to read they still cutout the flashback with Sendo and Sawamura. Guess I'll really have to keep reading along side watching since I've been curious about that for a while now (and don't wanna miss anything).
Feb 4, 2014 2:38 PM
Nov 2012
any1 know the ost that starts at 11:31??
Feb 9, 2014 5:37 PM

Nov 2009
I need a cigarette.
Feb 16, 2014 5:12 PM
Mar 2013
It was impressive how quickly Sawamura figured out Ippo’s reverse dempsey roll. Too bad for him Ippo could change the direction several times instead of just once.
Mar 6, 2014 1:09 AM

Apr 2007
I see most of you forgot that the only person who destroyed the Dempesy Roll without jumping backwards is:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me71q2XlCn1r7hp56o4_250.gif

my god the difference in the level
Mar 24, 2014 7:03 AM

Jun 2009
Should Ippo really be walking after that?

CEMPUNK said:
I see most of you forgot that the only person who destroyed the Dempesy Roll without jumping backwards is:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me71q2XlCn1r7hp56o4_250.gif

my god the difference in the level

I didn't forget that but Ippo sure did.
Apr 1, 2014 6:25 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic fight, definitely going down as one of my favorites of the series :) I always love watching Ippo beat the crap out of his opponents at the end of a fight with his Dempsey roll xD
May 9, 2014 5:19 PM

Jul 2013
what the fuck is wrong with the audience. That bastard don't deserve no applause. he may be great fighter like they say but a cheater is a cheater.. man not only once...
May 13, 2014 3:22 AM

Jun 2013
This was by far best episode of the series. Finisher combined with great animation and one of my favorite moves was awesome. God my goosebumps got goosebumps. Only time I felt like this was when I watched episode 71 of HxH 2011, while Gon was hitting ball for the last time.
Ad Astra Per Aspera
May 31, 2014 1:04 AM
May 2007
PrimeX said:
what the fuck is wrong with the audience. That bastard don't deserve no applause. he may be great fighter like they say but a cheater is a cheater.. man not only once...

That's true much later on in the manga
Jun 21, 2014 10:15 PM

Dec 2012
I think Ippo's fighting experience really shines this episode, he's finally starting to become the boxer that we thought he would be. A damned good fight, I assume the rest of the series will be centered around Takamura's fight? Looking forward to it.
Uber_DewberJun 22, 2014 9:57 PM
Aug 15, 2014 2:07 PM

May 2012
Awesome going Ippo! Great job, and thank you for beating the shit out of that dick! Great episode in general I must say and I do wonder what's next!
Nov 9, 2014 7:27 PM

Apr 2013
This was definitely Ippo's best fight by far in the series including the third season. The build up to the fight was done especially well. Sawamura was a rival (and evil douche) that truly lived up to his role and pushed Ippo to the limit. Among the fights in the entire series, this is still behind the Bryan Hawk vs Takamura fight but not by much.
Jan 4, 2015 10:10 AM

Mar 2010
That was glorious.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Jun 10, 2015 5:43 AM

Jul 2012
kittyn said:
Fukin lol @ the anti-anti-anti Dempsey. Cringed when Ippo tore his muscles though

"He crushed the Crusher of the Dempsey Crusher!" Hahaha.

The ending to this match was crazy. I still wouldn't have cheered for Sawamura, though.
Looks like Ippo will need to keep training to reinforce his leg muscles if he wants to keep this anti-counter Dempsey.
And why was Ippo walking in the end? Someone get this man a wheelchair!
Sep 25, 2015 6:14 PM

Apr 2012
Another crappy Ippo fight, he don't crush him or humilate him for what he did even he wish him to fall, how a man can be this much useless. He need mcuh more brain, how can he forgive him after what he did to Kumin, he can kill her. Kumin should break up with this useless.

I will give Ippo credit for his first two Dempsey Roll, i thought he just do normal one but actually he was trying to do new one but he couldn't.

After what Sawagan did still spectator applause him, wtf wrong with this series? He even does not deserve to be spitted but they applause him, why?

This series become idiotic when it comes to Ippo's fights. Mangaka don't have any little brain particle about story. Please end this series if you don't know what is the meaning of story or change your main character and it will be masterpiece series.
alter00Sep 25, 2015 7:37 PM
Nov 4, 2015 9:50 PM
Nov 2014
Goddamn what an amazing fight that was, best fight performance from Ippo since the first season.
Apr 2, 2016 11:04 PM

Aug 2013
Fight was good. Not the best of the series, but still good.

Also, the ending when everyone was like "You did Great Sawamura! Can't wait to see you fight again" was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever seen. It made sense when they did it for people like Sendo or Vorg, but Sawamura is a fucking psychopath that fought dirty the entire fight. Realistically, they'd still be booing the fuck out of him.

Honestly though, I'm just getting sick of how every single Ippo fight follows the exact same formula. Ippo get's his ass destroyed for almost the maximum number of rounds, and then pulls out some shit to instantly knock out his fully healthy opponent. The only fights that didn't follow this formula were his fight's with Ozuma, Mashiba, Date, and Sendo. That's probably why I felt New Challenger was the best season also. Since the majority of it was spent on fights revolving around supporting characters, it made them way more interesting and less predictable.

Either way, the match was still entertaining and I'm interested to see where Sawamura's character goes after this.
DicklesworthApr 15, 2016 2:34 PM
Jun 6, 2016 4:02 PM
Dec 2010
Sawamura needed the anti- anti- anti- anti- anti- Dempsey to win this.
Jul 5, 2016 9:24 PM

Jan 2013
Dangerous, but Ippo won.
Great episode.
Jul 6, 2016 10:27 AM

Jan 2016
He should've killed him
Sep 8, 2016 7:55 PM

Mar 2012
Fantastic match. I'm liking Rising a lot more than New Challenger.

ParaParaJMo said:
I missed the part where Sawamura and Sendo first met way back in high school and how Sawamura spat on Kawabe-sensei between rounds showing how much he was in digust he felt he betrayed him and how Sendo told Sawamura at the hospital that Kawabe-sensei was also in foster care and that he should value him more.

The flashback with Sawamura stabbing his step-father was shown in the anime, but I felt some of the circumstances weren't that well expanded in the anime.

I guess it's time for me to read the manga.
Sep 18, 2016 3:48 PM

Sep 2010
I realized watching this episode what an underrated character the announcer is in this show.
Apr 12, 2017 4:04 PM

Dec 2015

rofl, he's not human
May 17, 2017 8:40 PM

Jul 2014
sevki said:
Firstly, I am not the type of guy who compares anime and manga all the time. And I'm reading HnI and as of now I'm on chapter 750's. So I of course read this fight before, and was looking forward to it animated. But unlike the other comments, mine comes this way:
I was happy that after 2 weeks of break, HnI returned with one hour special. But after watching it, I again found myself asking this simple question: Why? The flashback scenes of Sawamura are totally ruined. Just adapt the damn pages already written and waiting! Of course there could be minor differences which should not be minded, but they did ruin the Submarine Wars as well. Why do they do this? And the studio is great as well. No way to understand. One hundred percent meaningless. Without that flashback, how can one grasp the motives of Sawamura in a complete circle?

Don't misunderstand me, I like the anime a lot, but the adaptation does not live up to its source material.

I think that was clear to anyone who paid attention to the anime, Madhouse really didn't need to animate that, it was clear what had happened.
Jun 11, 2017 12:12 PM

Mar 2013
Epic finale of the deathly match!
The anti-anti-anti Dempsey (lol) sure gave me chills down my spine.

The depiction of muscle tearing out gave me imaginary pain >_<

Sawamura is in hospital. I hope he bounces back soon, but with good attitude this time around.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

163 by hector_01 »»
Mar 29, 1:22 AM

» Season 4 ? ( 1 2 )

marian11 - Mar 29, 2014

85 by ParaParaJMo »»
Mar 13, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2014

70 by hector_01 »»
Jan 14, 4:14 PM

» New season

Bernardino_2000 - Jan 11

4 by lionaloone »»
Jan 11, 6:47 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 11, 2014

57 by ANIk_003 »»
Dec 14, 2023 4:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.