Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 15, 2014 1:55 PM

May 2012
You go Ippo! Hit him in the ground! Nice cliffhanger ending, and well I really hope he stays down this time!
Dec 3, 2014 9:55 AM

Oct 2013
such an intense episode!
Jan 4, 2015 9:48 AM

Mar 2010
The punch looked like it had a shit load of power into it, until it was cut at the ending.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 31, 2015 6:51 PM
Jan 2012
dempsey roll with a delay?
Jun 10, 2015 5:07 AM

Jul 2012
I wonder why he didn't use that stop the first or second time he did the Dempsey Roll. He had to have known those counters were coming. It's what he's been training for since Volg left. But it looks like he has one more time to use this. Maybe more, we'll see.

EDIT:
Monad said:
Really though the first time i guess it was like he wasn't sure if Sawamura was really capable of counter it or not and maybe he thought if there wasn't a need to put extra pressure to his legs to do the stopping move then it will be better to just fight as usual but in the second attempt he did try to stop himself and do what he did with the third Dempsey. That's why he was still standing after the hit. Because he actually stopped himself a little so the hit mostly had the power coming from his opponent movement and not the added power of him moving directly into the punch. In other words the second counter wasn't very much a counter but mostly a right punch. If it was a full counter he wouldn't have been standing.

Ahh, okay. This makes more sense. I wish I thought of this while watching it, or I wouldn't have been so bothered after the first and second tries =P
AndoJun 10, 2015 5:17 AM
Sep 25, 2015 5:34 PM

Apr 2012
Die fucking useless Ippo, because of your fucking presence, this series become shitty as hell. There are many story gaps and unreasonable fights. Please die and I can love this series one more time. If this series wouldn't be masterpiece except story, I have never continued this series. If Takamura become main character, it will be awesome, not this little sluggish useless shit.
You know what he do when you use your normal Dempsey Roll, but still you do it and was crushed. Are you moron? Besides, after that beat up how can he continue his fight and how will he win, how? This series completely moronic when it comes to Ippo. But still I will give it high points, fuck. :/
However, when Ippo's fights end, i love this series one more time but in every time when it comes to Ippo's fight, I swear hardcore. I hate shounens and this series try to exceed that bound of shounens, so it become like this, i swear nonstop after that relax and start to watch calmly.
alter00Sep 25, 2015 7:31 PM
Nov 4, 2015 8:13 AM
Nov 2014
By far the best fight from the entire series, this is even better than Takamura vs Hawk imo. Can't wait to see the outcome, but that amazing counter from Ippo has to do the job already.
Apr 2, 2016 10:28 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, this fight is getting really fucking intense. Can't wait to see what goes down next ep. I'm guessing Sawamura will go into some rage mode now or something.

Although as great as this fight is, it still isn't at the same level as the Takamura/Hawk fight. The problem is that I can't take it as seriously when Ippo is getting absolutely fucking destroyed effortlessly, and then pulls off these comebacks. With Takamura, the fight was really even and back and forth for the most part, so his victory didn't seem forced at all. We'd also never seen him seriously fight before, so it was believeable that he had that animal rage to fall back on, and he's considered one of the strongest guy's in the series.

With this fight, it started out a complete stomp for Ippo, then became a complete stomp for Sawamura, then went back to being a complete stomp for Ippo, then we found out Sawamura was letting Ippo stomp him, and it went back to a stomp for Sawamura. Seeing ass whoopings is always entertaining, but I wish Ippo fought a little more evenly with him before pulling this out of his ass

Still, pumped to see how the fight ends
DicklesworthApr 2, 2016 10:32 PM
Jul 5, 2016 9:02 PM

Jan 2013
WTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF IPPPOOOOOO WHY WOULD YOU USE THE OLD DEMPSEY ROLL AFTER YOU KNEW IT COULD BE COUNTERED. 3 TIMES ALREADY. HOW DID YOU NOT KNOW THAT WAS COMING< ROOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
AFTER ALL THAT PRACTICE< TO USE THE OLD dempsey roll was dumb.'

But he did use it in the end.
Jul 6, 2016 10:01 AM

Jan 2016
MAAAA NIGGGGA!!!
Jun 11, 2017 11:34 AM

Mar 2013
Now is the stuff I was waiting for the whole season! It took anime 12 episodes to get it done right!

The OST was well inserted. And I had chills from the last final moments of episode.
Dec 29, 2017 4:30 PM

Jun 2015
Holy shit that was fierceful. I thought Ippo was letting beat him up so much but he really took that damage. I was surprised on why Kamogawa and co. were so surprised that dempsey wouldn't work (that's the standard dempsey roll) when he's got a new "extra" to that move. He could've used it before and knock Sawamura out already, but I guess Ippo (and the author lol) wanted to save that card for later as we saw at the end.
The animation and the music was top notch. Loving it.
Nov 29, 2018 6:40 AM

Oct 2012
Wait.. what was Volg's efforts for if they're just going to have the same thing rehearsed?

Ippo's carrying too many weights, don't fight for all boxer who fought fair and square
Fight only for yourself and people you care about :P

Well he remembered Volg's counter.. but he did get hit by the same thing

That free-form Dempsey roll is beautiful

"Signature removed"
Jan 24, 2019 5:11 AM
Oct 2017
the fight in this anime is getting crappy each episode. how can ippo be using 3rd demphsy role after gettting so much beating. prior to that he even cant stand properly. 0/5
what actually is a signature?
Jun 19, 2019 12:30 PM

Jul 2015
Damn Ippo got me worried there for a second after the second counter against his Dempsey roll.
That punch at the end was the beginning of the revenge :)

Apr 1, 2020 10:04 AM

May 2015
man, this ending had me. :DDD
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 13, 2021 3:09 PM

Nov 2016
I feel bad for Kawabe. I bet a fight with Martinez would bring the desired effect and humble his student. Sawamura is a weird ass dude in a good way. The way he was sizing Ippo up, checking the meat and finally enjoying his meal. Ah the nostalgia xD Nasty counters, tho, he really broke down the Dempsey Roll. At least the old version, it's thanks to Volg and the work he put in that Ippo is still standing and eventually he was able to implement the Dempsey-counter-counter successfully. What tenacity and I loved the glow in Ippo's eyes. Awesome song as well.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 20, 2021 9:03 AM

May 2016
Seeing how Ippo's arm tensed up immediatedly after he pulled the brakes on his ultimate move and the explosive punch that followed soon after was an absolute pleasure to watch. My eyes were glued to the screen and I held my breath the moment Ippo started to do his third and final Dempsey Roll and I loved every second of it!

With the damage Ippo had sustained in his match with Sawamura, I can only hope that he'd get out of this without long-term injuries once this is all done and over with.

Aug 20, 2021 8:23 PM

Aug 2018
Sawamura just got PUNCHED!

Ippo really took a beating this episode though :/

Dec 14, 2021 5:17 PM

Dec 2007
damn that ending ><
i waited for that all the damn episode screaming "why are you doing the dumpsy roll?!?!"
but then that end came!!]

all sawamura's talking about soft meat made me hungry xDD
Jan 11, 2023 8:51 PM

Apr 2022
ippo on his last limbs, but sawamura's VA is killing. that elbow was dirty tho.
Feb 20, 2023 6:28 AM
Feb 2023
ddd dfgdjipfoijfkio jdopfj
Mar 25, 2023 1:16 AM
Certified Simp

Feb 2017
BANG!! Give me that hit right at the end oof
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

weiss - Oct 19, 2013

75 by Ukkaz »»
Apr 19, 10:24 PM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2014

163 by hector_01 »»
Mar 29, 1:22 AM

» Season 4 ? ( 1 2 )

marian11 - Mar 29, 2014

85 by ParaParaJMo »»
Mar 13, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Hajime no Ippo: Rising Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2014

70 by hector_01 »»
Jan 14, 4:14 PM

» New season

Bernardino_2000 - Jan 11

4 by lionaloone »»
Jan 11, 6:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.