Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 4, 2014 7:22 AM

Nov 2012
wow, so much information this episode. what makes me more curious than the "memories get lost when a character dies" thing is that the world of elder tale already existed before the game went online.. this could get really interesting
Jan 4, 2014 7:29 AM

Mar 2011
IWBFHTYML said:
So basically

0 world spell:
Creation of the game
1st World Spell
Monsters are added in the creation
op class in the game removed lol
2nd World Spell
Open beta
3rd World Spell
Apocalypse

4th world spell
Involves the memory that most of the adventurer lost whenever they die

Jan 4, 2014 7:30 AM

Dec 2009
silverwalls said:
wow, so much information this episode. what makes me more curious than the "memories get lost when a character dies" thing is that the world of elder tale already existed before the game went online.. this could get really interesting

Yeah, this is the ongoing theory. Which is why people think it's a Parallel world, and somehow the Game Creators were given visions to make the game or something hahaha.

ricardo241 said:
IWBFHTYML said:
So basically

0 world spell:
Creation of the game
1st World Spell
2nd World Spell
Open beta
3rd World Spell
Apocalypse

4th world spell

Maybe their Memories will get transported back to the real world and recreated. ALA Steins;Gate? :D

Their Elder Tale Bodies will remain though as People of the Land. :o
Jan 4, 2014 7:31 AM

Aug 2009
Riez said:
Lmao , he get sucked by the monitor that's one major bullshit.
Are you perhaps expecting a real world scientific explanation behind the Apocalypse such as something similar to the Virtual Reality in SAO? If anything, most people would expect a dimension warp similar to many adventure games/anime/manga where a person in the real world is transported to a fantasy world (eg. Zero no Tsukaima, etc.).
Jan 4, 2014 7:32 AM

Apr 2013
Nice info this episode.
Ugh they lose their memories, not pleasant at all.
Jan 4, 2014 7:36 AM

Aug 2009
NettoAzure said:
silverwalls said:

Yeah, this is the ongoing theory. Which is why people think it's a Parallel world, and somehow the Game Creators were given visions to make the game or something hahaha.

ricardo241 said:
IWBFHTYML said:
So basically

0 world spell:
Creation of the game
1st World Spell
2nd World Spell
Open beta
3rd World Spell
Apocalypse

4th world spell

Maybe their Memories will get transported back to the real world and recreated. ALA Steins;Gate? :D
Why a parallel world? I see it more plausible as a fictional world, a universe of lower dimension born from the minds of its creators. And it so happens that a magic (world-class) capable of even affecting the real world existed (World Fraction). At the very least, it is not possible to be a future of a parallel world with all the game concepts (menus, etc.).
Jan 4, 2014 7:39 AM

Dec 2009
Its because the game lore is that this world was essentially OUR WORLD. (See how Regan mentions a Time more glorious than the one where the 4 races lived together?) See all of the rusted cars and Modern skyscrapers in Akiba?

Still, I think your "fictional world" idea is just another conception of a parallel world to be honest.
Jan 4, 2014 7:45 AM

Jun 2013
VerneJules said:
Riez said:
Are you perhaps expecting a real world scientific explanation behind the Apocalypse such as something similar to the Virtual Reality in SAO? If anything, most people would expect a dimension warp similar to many adventure games/anime/manga where a person in the real world is transported to a fantasy world (eg. Zero no Tsukaima, etc.).

I was just saying and it would be okay if there's an explanation.

Or would I say , I would rather have a light or a whirlpool sucking me into another dimension instead of a monitor. It would make much more "magic"-ier. Welp , that's my opinion.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Jan 4, 2014 7:45 AM

Aug 2009
NettoAzure said:
Its because the game lore is that this world was essentially OUR WORLD. (See how Regan mentions a Time more glorious than the one where the 4 races lived together?) See all of the rusted cars and Modern skyscrapers in Akiba?

Still, I think your "fictional world" idea is just another conception of a parallel world to be honest.
Well, I suppose our own laws cannot apply to a different universe so I guess it's fine to say that the menus themselves, etc. are simply part of their world's laws. Still, I'd rather believe it that the creators really designed the game rather than had visions of another world.
Jan 4, 2014 7:46 AM

Mar 2011
NettoAzure said:

Their Elder Tale Bodies will remain though as People of the Land. :o

Impossible lol
But remember the thing about the 1st world fraction(the rise of demi-human) ;p

Jan 4, 2014 7:47 AM

Jan 2011
I'm somehow guessing that from the Creation of Elder Tale to the Open Beta was the initial designing/programming phase for the game or something. I just somehow get the feeling that the whole thing was engineered by the game creators.
At least there's finally some insight into the Apocalypse.

Finally it's gonna be time for Minori to slap some sense into the guys and clear that dungeon.
SkyTateJan 4, 2014 8:00 AM
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 4, 2014 7:51 AM

Dec 2009
VerneJules said:

Well, I suppose our own laws cannot apply to a different universe so I guess it's fine to say that the menus themselves, etc. are simply part of their world's laws. Still, I'd rather believe it that the creators really designed the game rather than had visions of another world

That's perfectly fine. No one really knows what is the story behind the game's creators. It could be anything and I was just throwing out one possibility.
Jan 4, 2014 8:02 AM

Jul 2013

but then the penalty of them losing their memories wouldn't make sense if there's an upside to it. D:
Jan 4, 2014 8:12 AM

Nov 2013
SkyTate said:

Finally it's gonna be time for Minori to slap some sense into the guys and clear that dungeon.

Yeah, finally, I was growing a bit tired of this side of the story.

Lots of talk, definitely not what I expected from the anime ( i thought it would be more action based ) but still very nice. Not sure why shiroe would hide the information about the loss of memory though
Jan 4, 2014 8:14 AM

Dec 2009
IWBFHTYML said:

but then the penalty of them losing their memories wouldn't make sense if there's an upside to it. D:

It's just a random theory. And who said you can't have an upside to them losing their memories? It could be part of the mechanism on how they get back to their world. (Not that I'd test it out thats for sure)

Also this is the end of the exposition. The next 5-6 episodes will be fillied with pure action and mob killing LOL.
Jan 4, 2014 8:14 AM

Oct 2013
So much information in this ep. But very nice graphics there.
Jan 4, 2014 8:22 AM

Jul 2013
Barion-Zara said:
Awesome episode.

Loved the back story setting of the Elder tale world.

How the Apocalypse is actually something written in the history of the game and how 20 yrs = 240 yrs which was the second world fraction was really interesting as well.

The thing about Alvs and Demi-humans...etc was really awesome. Lol'd at Shiro being a Half Alv which means in the game setting he'd probably be a slaves son XD

Lol'd so much at Akatsuki's reaction to Shiroe being an Archmage and being active for 98 yrs hahahaha. Her face was really cute <3

Found the Psyche and Anima and what happens after death intriguing too. Really awesome writing there.

The ending was nice. Good to see that Rudy isn't just some snob and he actually spends some effort. Can't bring myself to dislike him. Some vibes between him and Isuzu there. And I actually found them to be a good couple <3 Minori is finally gonna say what's in mind.

I wonder if all this memory loss explanation is a foreshadowing for what will happen to Rudy when he dies in this dungeon??? (Not a spoiler since it's in the OP and flags are rising so it's obvious)...Well I'm interested. Can't wait to see what happens nxt.

^ This
Some much info.
Yep, LOL at Akatsuki's reaction to when he says Shiroe is 98 years old.
Minori! Finally taking the initiative.
Nicely done episode :D
Jan 4, 2014 8:23 AM

Mar 2011
Mithestral said:

Lots of talk, definitely not what I expected from the anime ( i thought it would be more action based ) but still very nice. Not sure why shiroe would hide the information about the loss of memory though

Lots of talking cause they are still trying to learn anything they can about this world(in order to do that they need a good reputation so people from the elder will trust them)<-first phase

Main reason is to avoid chaos/panic

Jan 4, 2014 8:29 AM

Jul 2013

I would prefer something bigger than that tho :P
Jan 4, 2014 8:37 AM

Dec 2009
Well I think the info dump in this episode is more than enough for something big. And to be honest this is the extent of the information about the world available even to Light Novel readers. The rest of the series is all action and politics at this point forward.

Hence why this and the last episode was my favorite so far in the series.

Also anyone noticed how Rudy was a "Sorcerer" using the Lander Userbar while Isuzu was an "Adventurer?" ;)

http://i.imgur.com/bs6dcFu.png
Jan 4, 2014 8:38 AM

Dec 2010
IWBFHTYML said:
I would prefer something bigger than that tho :P

Oh it will be rather big

I also do not think they was sucked in through a monitor, they was just next to their computers installing an updated and vanished appearing in this world, not sucked into anything really, just went poof like teleportation.

One thing it is much different then just a game anymore, we don't really know what it is, but the people of the land don't seem like just AI anymore.
Jan 4, 2014 8:40 AM

Dec 2008
That whole resurrection business is kind of scary. So, one loses a few memories when they resurrect. What about the Adventurers that have been resurrected more than once? What state are their memories in? I'm not so sure Shiroe should temporarily keep this a secret from the others.

Sent with Mal Updater
Jan 4, 2014 8:40 AM

May 2013
Got to learn a little back story of Elder Tale. So you lose your memories if you die. Can't wait for the next episode.
Jan 4, 2014 9:01 AM

Nov 2008
Why is Isuzu an Adventurer while Rundel Haus is a Sorcerer on their game info?

Shouldn't be Isuzu a Bard? There's something weird here.

Here's the image: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/594/s5cf.png/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 4, 2014 9:01 AM

May 2010
Well that was a nice history lesson with a twist (pretty sure its not the last one ) ;) i really liked the explanation for xp loss and the whole psyche-anima theory. very good episode.
Jan 4, 2014 9:19 AM

Apr 2012
Epic explanations this episode.
I din't mind it at all because this ep pumped out a lot of important info.
I knew dying without any major damage done to the person is bullsh8t
Isuzu x Rudy= Whats that over there by the sea? It's a ship! the OTP ship!

On that note you really can't bring yourself to hate Rudy at all xD. As much as the guy shows off, he really does put in a lot of effort.
The Art of Shipping is no mere game. It can be small skirmishes to huge nation size wars.
Of course some will claim their ship is the BATTLESHIP but they all do. This is why battles occur because of factions fighting each other to justify their favourite ship.
And thus SHIP to SHIP combat occurs almost anytime even now.
Beware, Threading into the Shipping battlefield will be bloody.... What are you waiting for?
Jan 4, 2014 9:20 AM

Jul 2011
xchee said:

Interesting how the first world fraction happened even before the adventurers were introduced into the game. So that means it happened while the game was still in development. Well it seems like world fraction happens when something major is added into the game. If we're to look at it from a gamer's perspective, the story of the six bent princesses could just be some back-story to introduce new monsters (demi-humans), the second was the open beta and the third is the major expansion.

Huh. Agreed here. It's getting really interesting.

So I guess there are adventurers out there who are 200 years old (playing since beta). Hmm. The Apocalypse is an interesting case then. I guess somehow the minds of players irl were transferred to their characters. I doubt their body was merged with their playing character, but I could be wrong. Interesting because it doesn't seem to be a full body immersion virtual reality (like in 1/2 Prince and Yureka), but the kind of gaming that we have now.

Wonder how the story will develop from here.
MirorinJan 4, 2014 9:25 AM
Jan 4, 2014 9:22 AM

Jul 2013
Wow, not that they die, and spawned in a different location as a happy joy, but they lose EXP and their memories for getting killed in the process... Well it is better not getting killed in game and in real life, but it won't be a good thing if they lost all their memories. Some great information in regards of this World Fraction, but kind of hard to understand it tbh.

Ah well next episode should be good.

Jan 4, 2014 9:38 AM

Nov 2013
ricardo241 said:
Mithestral said:

Lots of talking cause they are still trying to learn anything they can about this world(in order to do that they need a good reputation so people from the elder will trust them)<-first phase

Main reason is to avoid chaos/panic

Yeah but pop a character just to explain everything is a bit easy. Hope he'll do more in future episodes.

There is for me a difference between hiding it from the whole population and hiding it from the council ( or whatever name it has ), seems a risky move to me, shiroe might be blamed later for not sharing the info
Jan 4, 2014 10:17 AM

Feb 2008
the price of immortality is loss of memory...eventually becoming a person of the land. what is interesting is that the creation of this game essentially meant the creation of a new world which can interact with reality. the implication of this is quite astounding. the game you play may be real after all hahahaha.
Jan 4, 2014 10:18 AM
Jan 2014
DenjaX said:

A little Hint, Rewatch Episode 11 and u going to be know why Rundel haus Like that

Awesome Episode!! even infodump so much (i'm paused video like about 4 times just read explanation) but Well made.
Jan 4, 2014 10:25 AM
Feb 2013
DenjaX said:

No. Isuzu's information is displayed correctly. If you were to look at Shiroe, Akatsuki, Naotsugu, Minori, Tohya, Serara, or any of the other adventurers, their information in that box would display exactly the same way Isuzu's did: Name / Adventurer. It is Rudy that is the anomaly.

Character class is displayed in a different location.
Jan 4, 2014 10:30 AM

Aug 2009
Madcat6204 said:
No. Isuzu's information is displayed correctly. If you were to look at Shiroe, Akatsuki, Naotsugu, Minori, Tohya, Serara, or any of the other adventurers, their information in that box would display exactly the same way Isuzu's did: Name / Adventurer. It is Rudy that is the anomaly.

Now it makes sense he dead in the opening.
Jan 4, 2014 10:32 AM

Nov 2012
Finally the airing episodes are back, was beginning to miss them. Anyway pretty good episode, good that magic mechanics was explained well. Good on shrine maiden girl for speaking up.

Jan 4, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2008
Madcat6204 said:
DenjaX said:

I already answered my own question when I rewatched the episode where that level 90 Monk was defeated in Susukino and he wanted to remember Shiroe's name. In the screen he saw Shiroe/Adventurer in his user info. So yeah, you know the rest. xDD

Thanks for confirming it. I think I already got an idea what's going on here.

I'm going to check the introductions again for other characters. There might be others.
DenjaXJan 4, 2014 10:39 AM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Jan 4, 2014 10:55 AM
Nov 2008
Riez said:

That's what you think, but nothing suggest he was sucked by the monitor.

Just that now Real Shiroe is there, now he's gone. How ? That's the question
Jan 4, 2014 11:36 AM

Feb 2013
What if what adventurers believe to be the real world is only the result of a world fraction? What if the Elder Tale world is the real world?
MarenwynnJan 4, 2014 12:12 PM
Jan 4, 2014 11:37 AM

Oct 2013
Lovely info dump this episode, very well thought out world building by the writer. I like that Rudy actually puts in effort, despite his demeanor haha. Can't wait for the future episodes :D
Jan 4, 2014 11:39 AM

Jun 2013
The memory loss is pretty harsh. Sounds like someone's plan to integrate the adventures into the game after they die enough times to forget about the real world.
Jan 4, 2014 11:55 AM

Sep 2013
so no real development but at least we got a lot of backstory this time around :-)
knowing that you can now lose memories when you die raises the stakes a lot ><

that sage also interests me a lot holy crap haha. world magic sounds too awesome *_*
Jan 4, 2014 12:13 PM
Jan 2011
So, being revived at the cathedral also come with losing one's memory, just like a Hindu belief that a person who gets reincarnated will have no memories of his previous life.
Jan 4, 2014 12:45 PM

Aug 2010
Nasty001 said:
So, being revived at the cathedral also come with losing one's memory, just like a Hindu belief that a person who gets reincarnated will have no memories of his previous life.

Only that they likely lose just a litle bit each time, not enough to be noticable, which makes it even more scary.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Jan 4, 2014 12:47 PM

Apr 2011
IWBFHTYML said:
So basically

0 world spell:
Creation of the game
1st World Spell
2nd World Spell
Open beta
3rd World Spell
Apocalypse

Yeah, I actually lol'd reading that. And I'm tempted to believe Precursors were alpha testers or characters the developers played with.
“Suppose, gentlemen, that man is not stupid.”
Jan 4, 2014 12:57 PM

Apr 2012
just a hypothesis but are world class spells just expansions or major patches? lol

Jan 4, 2014 1:03 PM

Jul 2013
hehe, as some might noticed a big twist in the future in coming :P
nice to see them to animate and decently hinting it
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jan 4, 2014 1:16 PM
Jan 2014
With all the information regarding this episode we, the viewers can start making hypothesis on why the Apocalypse happened. My thinking is along the lines of Pshyche and Anima were once used by adventurers in the game, Elder tale and unknowingly the players were fighting against demi-humans and monsters for the people of the land. The Apocalypse is probably an act by a dark force of one of the entities in the world to separate the connection between Pshyche and Anima even further. But something went terribly wrong and they ended up uniting the energies, thus transporting the Pshyche (The player) to that world while they were playing it. The reason it would only happen while they are playing the game is because when you're sitting at your computer, killing monsters or doing anything in that game, you are giving off your Pshyche energy to the Adventurer, (your character)thus controlling it. If you were not at the computer playing Elder Tale at the time, you're character was not connecting with your energies and you would not have been transported across dimensions (and your computer screen!) into the world of Elder Tale.

Now some dark force in Runeterra better do this soon so I can be in the world of League of Legends! ^.^
Jan 4, 2014 1:20 PM
Jan 2014
DenjaX said:
Madcat6204 said:
DenjaX said:

I already answered my own question when I rewatched the episode where that level 90 Monk was defeated in Susukino and he wanted to remember Shiroe's name. In the screen he saw Shiroe/Adventurer in his user info. So yeah, you know the rest. xDD

Thanks for confirming it. I think I already got an idea what's going on here.

I'm going to check the introductions again for other characters. There might be others.

Rudy is one of the people of the land, this in my mind is the only reason this would be possible. So maybe that's why he is shown as dead, Rudy might die and not come back. Just hope there's a freakin priest that comes revive him soon otherwise his spiritual energy would be lost forever.
Jan 4, 2014 1:22 PM

Sep 2013
So much explanation :O It really changes things quite a bit.

I love the way this anime immerses you, it makes me feel like I'm playing it.
Jan 4, 2014 1:25 PM

Dec 2011
I can't believe they would use the gaming schematics such as HP, MP, and EXP into such an elaborated plot device, where they would start using death as a way of losing memories! My goodness. Really creative.

I really can't wait to see precursors, probably they are beta testers, or either game masters! I can't wait for them to encounter a game master, since they sure would have more information.

And Rudy is a People of the Land? No way.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 4, 2014 1:28 PM

Jul 2009
wow thats the first time ive ever seen any game try to rationalize how deaths/resurrection works. pretty damn cool.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.