Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Jan 15, 2014 9:52 PM

Jan 2014
I've always been hesitant to get into One Piece/Naruto because of how large the fandom is and how many episodes I'd have to catch up on.

Jan 15, 2014 10:05 PM

Nov 2010
AloISEPIC said:
I've always been hesitant to get into One Piece/Naruto because of how large the fandom is and how many episodes I'd have to catch up on.
The size of a fanbase turns you off of watching it? And you don't have to catch up, you can even go one episode a day or week, it doesn't really matter. It's about enjoying the anime how you want. Though I'll say if you ever get hooked, you'll probably want to watch a lot and the amount of episodes can instead turn into a plus.
Jan 15, 2014 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
AloISEPIC said:
The size of a fanbase turns you off of watching it?

I'd say Naruto fans in general do make the series look bad. They don't help, but I'd also say that people with certain visual aesthetic requirements and lack of patience for uniform, repeated events would dislike Naruto on its own. It's like people who dislike certain kinds of techno for being the same melody for most of the song.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jan 15, 2014 10:31 PM

Nov 2010
Crimefridge said:
IntroverTurtle said:
AloISEPIC said:

I'd say Naruto fans in general do make the series look bad. They don't help, but I'd also say that people with certain visual aesthetic requirements and lack of patience for uniform, repeated events would dislike Naruto on its own. It's like people who dislike certain kinds of techno for being the same melody for most of the song.
You're talking about the quality not the size of the fanbase.
I didn't think that Naruto repeated enough to mess with the anime unless you're counting the fillers. And it's better to have different visual aesthetic requirements for different kinds of anime.
Jan 15, 2014 10:54 PM

Dec 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
Crimefridge said:
IntroverTurtle said:
AloISEPIC said:

I didn't think that Naruto repeated enough to mess with the anime unless you're counting the fillers. And it's better to have different visual aesthetic requirements for different kinds of anime.

Visual requirements are whatever level you feel comfortable with. Can a story be ruined by a visual choices of the original artist's idea and the anime's conceptual rendering of it? In anime, a good story will always be shadowed if the quality of the animation is lower.
How do people get to 2000 hours when I'm already this bored?
Jan 15, 2014 10:57 PM

Oct 2009
I'm having trouble starting Little Busters.

For years i have been a lover of romance. Most of the time, i won't give an anime a chance if i don't see a "romance" tag in it. My friend tells me the series actually has small bits of romance in the first season and the second season has a lot of romance.

Jan 16, 2014 5:11 AM

Feb 2012
Bakuman. :\ I don't know why but every time I want to start watching this anime I just end up avoiding it. I really want to watch it but at the same time I don't feel like watching it. Confusing, I know...

Jan 16, 2014 5:21 AM

Jan 2014
Crimefridge said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Crimefridge said:
IntroverTurtle said:
AloISEPIC said:

Visual requirements are whatever level you feel comfortable with. Can a story be ruined by a visual choices of the original artist's idea and the anime's conceptual rendering of it? In anime, a good story will always be shadowed if the quality of the animation is lower.
I guess it all comes back to opinions. It's not so much that I dislike the fans but rather I'm overwhelmed by the size of the fan base.

Jan 17, 2014 2:14 AM

May 2011
I have been hesitant to watch HxH for long time,because i watched the 1999 version and i liked it alot...now have finally caught up to it and i am actually glad i was hesitant,because when i started watching the anime it already had 100+ eps,so started watching from were the 1999 one when ended<3
''I was dead serious''

Jan 17, 2014 2:48 AM

Sep 2012
Almost all of my backlog. I just can't help but want to re-watch all of my favorites over and over.

Seriously I must have seen Amagami, FMA, Love Hina and Bacanno! about 20-30 times each by now.
Jan 17, 2014 3:00 AM

Oct 2013
comonculus said:
I'm having trouble starting Little Busters.

For years i have been a lover of romance. Most of the time, i won't give an anime a chance if i don't see a "romance" tag in it. My friend tells me the series actually has small bits of romance in the first season and the second season has a lot of romance.

Littles busters is not based on romance so much honestly, yes in the second season(with the first 3 episodes of kuragaya) and one or two after this, but it definitely stop after half of season(2) when they are just too busy to focus on the story

i still suggest you to watch the show
Jan 17, 2014 3:02 AM
Jan 2014
Im hesitant on starting Bebop. I heard it starts off slow then gets amazing. Is that true?
Jan 17, 2014 3:20 AM

Apr 2011
SquibyMannan said:
Im hesitant on starting Bebop. I heard it starts off slow then gets amazing. Is that true?

The first three episodes are fairly enjoyable. As for the remaining, I've got no idea, because despite enjoying it, I can't seem to have any motivation to watch it at all.
Jan 17, 2014 3:26 AM
Sep 2013
yhunata said:
SquibyMannan said:

The first three episodes are fairly enjoyable. As for the remaining, I've got no idea, because despite enjoying it, I can't seem to have any motivation to watch it at all.

Strange, the same thing happened to me with Trigun. I enjoyed watching it 6 years ago and breezed all the way to the second to the last episode. Then I lost all motivation to watch it and it's been on hold ever since.
Jan 17, 2014 5:52 AM

Jan 2013
RedRoseFring said:
ThisNameSucks said:
yhunata said:
thecescshow said:
ataxia_ said:
Anything with a bajillion episodes

yep...pretty much..

This is coming from the guy with DBZ and Bleach in his favourites? In the end, I just don't understand this ridiculous phobia for long running anime. Sure, they're long and you'd much rather spend that time watching other stuff. That's still not a very valid reason to just outright ignore them since you can easily spread it around and take your time. You're not entitled to watch the entire 628 episodes of One Piece in one sitting.

Well, most of us tend to marathon our anime or at least watch half of the number of episodes in one day. I don't know about everybody else but I don't move on to another anime until my currently being watched anime gets to be completed.

That sounds like a tedious way to watch series. Why not watch even 2 series at the same time? I imagine it like watching only one series on TV. Seems very limiting.

That pretty much what I do, watch an anime untill I finish it, then move on to the next one.
I do however sometimes watch a short anime inbetween (24 episodes~) if it's a long running anime, just to have some variety, for example during Naruto (what I'm watching right now)

Same reason why I dont like watch anime that's coming out on a weekly basis (reason why I save up episodes for a while ^^, like One Piece) ^^
Jan 18, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2012
SquibyMannan said:

While 1-4 are pretty fun, 5 is probably the one that'll have want to continue the most
Jan 18, 2014 4:42 PM

May 2013
Beck cause it sounds boring to me, even though i know I'd probably like it. And LoGh cause it's so long.
Jan 18, 2014 5:05 PM

Jan 2014
Ginga eiyuu densetsu.
I MURDERED OUR ENTIRE CLAN UMAD SAUCEGAYYYYYYYYY UMAD?¿
http://foolishbrother.chatango.com/
Jan 18, 2014 5:09 PM

Sep 2011
Kaimon237 said:
SquibyMannan said:

While 1-4 are pretty fun, 5 is probably the one that'll have want to continue the most
pretty much, i remember i was talking to lithdrow about it as he just started to watch the show, and was finding the show meh/good not great then episode 5 happened and he just praised the hell out of it, though ep 6 i recall being really weird and not in the good way

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 18, 2014 5:09 PM

Mar 2013
Currently everything that's not airing or already on my watching or on hold list. I really really want to cut that list down to about seven shows but I have long running series on there that when all added up, I'm hundreds of episodes behind. And I really really do want to watch shows like Beast Tamer Erin and Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood....
Jan 18, 2014 5:10 PM

Jun 2010
ataxia_ said:
Anything with a bajillion episodes

LOGH specifically.
Jan 18, 2014 5:11 PM

Jun 2012
Hajime no Ippo, I've been wanting to watch it for awhile, but I just can't see myself sitting through 75 episodes anymore.
Jan 18, 2014 6:03 PM

Jun 2012
NotJizzyHitler said:
Kaimon237 said:
SquibyMannan said:

pretty much, i remember i was talking to lithdrow about it as he just started to watch the show, and was finding the show meh/good not great then episode 5 happened and he just praised the hell out of it, though ep 6 i recall being really weird and not in the good way

Episode 6 is much more fun to watch after finishing the series, at least for me. I wasn't too fond of it the first time I saw it and now it's probably in my top 10
Jan 18, 2014 9:20 PM

Nov 2013
ಠ_ಠ Clannad. Their eyes......
Jan 18, 2014 9:42 PM

Dec 2012
C_rnage said:
ಠ_ಠ Clannad. Their eyes......

Yeah, their art style and eyes is basically what stops me. Everyone looks the same to me. It's something I can't stand when I watch things sometimes.
Jan 18, 2014 9:54 PM

Apr 2011
Boku no Pico

I know I can't call my self a true anime fan without watching this masterpiece but

just...

no
Jan 19, 2014 7:42 AM

Jul 2012
Vandread i thought it was goin To be something iv already seen but I'm glad I watched it
I dislike lelouch vi Britannia.

im a shiki supporter

my YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR90F0rzcss4CsrAbkZXTkg/featured?view_as=subscriber

Just past the 1500th Mark bitches

I approve this video http://youtu.be/U_0CCLxibFk
Jan 19, 2014 7:45 AM

Nov 2013
RaspberryFruits said:
Everyone looks the same to me.

Its not like I haven't seen anime with ridiculously huge eyes too. Its just to the point where its almost creepy in Clannad.
Jan 19, 2014 1:17 PM

Apr 2010
Thread locked

Listing thread that has gone long enough, thread locked.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hentai is the worst anime genre ever created. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

67 by jieanteater »»
24 minutes ago

Poll: » has the majority of people (here) seen the big 3 ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

ame - Apr 16

151 by ame »»
28 minutes ago

» Anime that low-testosterone males can't comprehend ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - Apr 14

62 by Nyron »»
29 minutes ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone sci-fi + fantasy?

Donkunsan - 3 hours ago

6 by Nyron »»
30 minutes ago

» How you feel about non-Japanese entertainment/media using Anime art style?

Dragevard - 1 hour ago

2 by DinoNo1 »»
39 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.