Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Princess Jellyfish
Available on Manga Store
New
Jan 2, 2014 5:09 PM

Jul 2012
This anime is now on netflix and I have the option of either watching the sub or the dub. I know that subs are usually always good but I was thinking of watching this in dub in the background if I am doing homework. Is this an anime I should watch subbed through and sit down to focus on it? Or if I were to watch it dubbed in the background could I still get the story of it without missing important details off the screen?
Jan 2, 2014 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
The graphics and animation are really worth it, so I suggest watching it thoroughout! :D Try both dubs and subs to see which suits you. TBH, I think subs are better because of Kana Hanazawa and Junichi Suwabe's voices. :3
Jan 4, 2014 7:01 PM
Jan 2013
re-watched since it's on netflix too and I'd still say subbed! you really can't miss kana hanasawa's voice, it's always nice to hear esp since she's the voice for the main character. Although I like the series a lot, I think you can still watch and glance every now and then and you'd be alright :) but dubbed isn't horrible btw!
Feb 1, 2014 8:27 PM

Nov 2013
I have to say that I personally think both are equal on this. I like the voices for both dub and sub ^_^ So go with which you like more.

Brush up some Japanese listening to sub, or focus more on art with dub ^.^
Apr 21, 2018 9:13 PM
Jun 2016
I started watching it with the dub, and I see no issues with the dub. There's no glaring lack of subtitles for things written, no awkward attempts to translate japanese puns and honorifics and no insufferable voices. So the only reason to watch the sub would be if the sub's voice acting is good enough to stand out.

I haven't seen the sub, but it's very rare for the voice acting in the sub to be memorable enough to be worth fretting about missing. The only case I know of where that's the case is with Hibike! Euphonium (which doesn't have a dub), Kyoukai no Kanata, Welcome to the NHK and The Monogatari Series (which also doesn't have a dub). So if the dub's solid, it's likely you have nothing to worry about by watching it.
May 8, 2018 3:27 PM
Nov 2017
i'll put it this way...typically, when i watch an anime, my mentality would think something along the lines of: "English muddafukka! Do you speak it??"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Dec 30, 2010

232 by Dripz2012 »»
Mar 17, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

tsubasalover - Nov 18, 2010

133 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:35 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

magelet - Nov 11, 2010

168 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 4, 2010

163 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 4, 5:51 AM

Poll: » Kuragehime Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jinjos - Oct 28, 2010

132 by LuxuriousHeart »»
Feb 3, 3:31 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.