Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
May 6, 2009 12:36 PM

Jul 2007
It's not a horror movie, so it's not scary. XD It's a Korean historical romance oozing drama like I've never seen before.
<---made of awesome!
May 8, 2009 5:30 PM

Aug 2008
the adventures of supermonkey movie
ehhhhh
its not for everyone
but for me i felt entertained
sooooo...........8/10?
May 8, 2009 9:08 PM

Jul 2007
Today it was the final period of Pride at last. I finished this drama quite fast, actually. I ended up really enjoying it! Engine and Pride are so much alike, so how could I not? Good characters and dialogue, Kimura Takuya, and sports seems to be a winning combination. Though...

Also to the subbers: it's Vancouver CANUCKS. Not "Canax." That hurt so bad. >_<
<---made of awesome!
May 9, 2009 11:10 AM

Aug 2008
@susan

May 9, 2009 5:26 PM

Jul 2007
I guess it can happen, but in the context of fiction it seemed kind of out there, right? there was just too much going for that the have impact in the series. He was a hard character to care about, too.
<---made of awesome!
May 9, 2009 10:07 PM

Oct 2007
I watched G@me and Cyborg Girl today. i loved them both a lot.(g@me more though....fujiki naohito<333) cyborg girl got a little too farfetched at the end.
but i liked how they ended it.
May 9, 2009 11:41 PM

Aug 2008
@susan...yea there were plenty of things going on so it wasnt needed, i thought u meant like it couldnt happen.......i didnt care if he went blind either, he was a asshole wasnt he

@katsup...yea i liked G@me better too, though i really had a good laugh when i watched cyborg she...yoshitaka yuriko was in that movie, but i dont remember seeing her....i liked the way g@me ended

just saw hatsu koi with koide keisuke and miyazaki aoi....i thought it was really good
i think it was based on a true story....im not sure tho i could be wrong
the supporting cast could have been better, but had great leading roles (keisuke and aoi)
all in all 9/10
SPACE_KOBRAMay 10, 2009 7:05 PM
May 10, 2009 11:12 PM

Aug 2008
just watched
sorry for the city (kmovie)
man it was good
like, sometimes when i give a movie a 9 or 10, after i put it think to myself, did that movie really deserve the score i gave it? and i end up changing it sometimes
not this time
10/10!
May 11, 2009 4:42 AM

Mar 2007
Latest movies I've watched:

- "A Frozen Flower" (korean) - Really GOOD movie! *_* lots of recognizable faces. I was SO happy to see Im Joo-hwan (he played the doctor in love in The Snow Queen). The actors showed some great acting, specially considering the delicate subject. Warning: lots of sex, so all you kiddies stay away. XD

- "Sukida" (japanese) - So booooooooring. I mean, I like the occasional silent moments in a movie, but this was pretty much 90% of it. Plus, the romance was not interesting. Bad!

- "Lovers' Concerto" (korean) - I watched it because some people said it was their favourite. It was really hard to find, because it's licensed and so it's unavailable at all the download sites I know. Anyways... boring! Actually, the only thing wrong with it is how it contains all the K-movie clichés. If you've watched at least 10 korean movies before, then you'll see many of those elements in this movie.

- "Dance of the Dragon" (korean) - A movie about dancing? Sounded interesting... but turned out NOT. Half of it is spoken in korean and the other half in english (I wonder why). Focused very little on the dancing itself and instead added much unneeded DRAMA. No good!
May 11, 2009 11:00 AM

Sep 2007
Love Shuffle. I really liked it, I laughed a lot, and the actors did well, plus Tamaki Hiroshi is love <3

May 11, 2009 1:11 PM

Oct 2007
Just finished Koukou Kyoushi 2003 . SUCH a good show. I cried. The endign was way too vague for my tastes though, but ueto aya was so cute, and fujiki naohito was <333333 :x

Yesterday I watched Swing Girls. It was a cute & funny movie but it had a few draggy moments i thought :x the final performance was awesome though.
May 12, 2009 9:48 PM

Aug 2008
just watched water boys (jdrama)
im trying to figure out why i didnt watch it a long time ago......i really dont know why....and im seriously wondering too, im not just saying that.
anyways, it was great, the synchronized swimming (which i didnt think i would like) the comedy, the casting and acting were all great. 10/10
May 13, 2009 7:32 AM

Oct 2007
Compaqmac321 said:
im trying to figure out why i didnt watch it a long time ago......i really dont know why....and im seriously wondering too, im not just saying that.
anyways, it was great, the synchronized swimming (which i didnt think i would like) the comedy, the casting and acting were all great. 10/10

the jdrama was really good. Have you seen the movie? I thought it was even more funny :)
May 14, 2009 3:30 AM

Nov 2007
Just finished Gonzo, brilliant detective J-Drama.
May 14, 2009 9:01 PM

Aug 2008
katsup said:
Compaqmac321 said:

the jdrama was really good. Have you seen the movie? I thought it was even more funny :)

im watchn the movie friday
May 15, 2009 8:34 PM

Jul 2006
last thing i finished was Shinigami no Ballad [jdrama].

i was initially intrigued by the characters' costuming (total cosplay kind of thing) but the stories are pretty good.
May 16, 2009 7:42 AM

Oct 2007
I finished Shibatora last night. I loved this drama. It was so much fun, and so interesting. I love it when everything ties together at the end, and this drama defenitely did that <3 Koike Teppei is also just too adorable. And Fujiki Naohito is awesome too (though i really dislike his role in this drama)
May 17, 2009 2:02 AM

Jul 2007
Finally decided to sit down and watch S Diary with Kim Sun Ah. Great movie! It had a bit of a sad ending, but it was lots of fun and a great story. Thanks meia_ran for recommending it!!
<---made of awesome!
May 17, 2009 4:35 PM

Aug 2008
just finished watching speedy scandal, korean movie, it was funny, i laughed alot. the ending was ok, i could have seen a buncha different stuff happen but i wasnt mad at it, ill give it a 8/10
May 18, 2009 12:44 PM

Jan 2009
yesterday i finished "Liar game". i found it really cool, i liked it a lot. The plot is very exciting and actors are also very good. i is ine of the best dramas i have seen.
May 18, 2009 11:14 PM

Aug 2008
the queen's classroom
hmm
wasnt this show amazing???
10/10
May 19, 2009 10:22 AM
Jul 2018
I finally watched the Honey & Clover movie, and to put it bluntly, I didnt like it. It had way too many characters, so I could hardly keep track.... And it confused me. I never watched the anime or read the manga, I just wanted to watch it after hearing all the ranting and raving about it. I dont see what was so special about it.

I also watched the American remake of My Sassy Girl. I was HIGHLY dissapointed in it. I own and LOVE the Korean version of it, and I can say tha the Americans didnt do it any justice. They took the first Sci-fi movie script the girl wrote, and turned it into this Lame ass Titanic thing... They left out some funny parts, important parts... And just down right ruined it.

Though, I was really happy they kept the Army deserter, the "Left foot I win, Right foot you win" game, the single rose and Canon scene...

It was AWFUL, but the Korean original was definitly better. :|

Im still waiting for my Nana movie to come in... And Im trying to find Mushishi to watch... :D
May 19, 2009 4:02 PM

Aug 2008
Kaikyo wo Wataru Violin, tanpatsu jdrama, i liked it, different from most of the shows i usually watch, i enjoyed it, the acting and the story, kusanagi tsuyoshi acts well as always
9/10
May 19, 2009 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
Shortness said:
I finally watched the Honey & Clover movie, and to put it bluntly, I didnt like it. It had way too many characters, so I could hardly keep track.... And it confused me. I never watched the anime or read the manga, I just wanted to watch it after hearing all the ranting and raving about it. I dont see what was so special about it.

Ah, I am a huge honey & clover fan, so I guess i had no problem following what was going on. Either way the anime totally beats the movie. For me its Anime > Movie > jdrama :P
May 19, 2009 8:23 PM

Aug 2008
Just watched Ikegami (jmovie) this movie was great. Thats about all i can say really. 10/10

Romantic island (kmovie) it was a good romantic comedy 8/10
SPACE_KOBRAMay 20, 2009 10:43 AM
May 20, 2009 12:37 PM

Oct 2007
Compaqmac321 said:
Just watched Ikegami (jmovie) this movie was great. Thats about all i can say really. 10/10

so ikigami is good? sweet. I've tried to start it a few times the past few days but never had enough time to watch it so I stopped :P
May 21, 2009 10:38 AM

Aug 2008
katsup said:
Compaqmac321 said:

so ikigami is good? sweet. I've tried to start it a few times the past few days but never had enough time to watch it so I stopped :P

oh yea, youll like that movie, i have a feeling women would enjoy this movie even more
May 21, 2009 3:41 PM

Jul 2006
Annyti said:
yesterday i finished "Liar game". i found it really cool, i liked it a lot. The plot is very exciting and actors are also very good. i is ine of the best dramas i have seen.
but wasnt the finale like the most annoying thing ever. i really enjoyed the series as well but the finale almost ruied the whole thing for me. and there is also a manga of liar game, if you're interested.

katsup said:
Shortness said:

Ah, I am a huge honey & clover fan, so I guess i had no problem following what was going on. Either way the anime totally beats the movie. For me its Anime > Movie > jdrama :P
im totally in agreement with you. i loved the anime, and liked the drama. it was cute, though not to the standards that the anime set, but i thought they chose the best actress to portray the main female.

finished Osen, finally (thanks for letting know about the LJ subs), and Bloody Monday.

osen was enjoyable as always, except for the ending. seriously, what was up with that. <_<

bloody monday is a guy's kind of drama, IMO. my boyfriend really enjoyed it which is why i finished it so quickly, because he insisted on watching it. dont get me wrong, it would be enjoyable for anyone but i wouldve taken it slower.... probably.
May 22, 2009 12:07 AM

Aug 2008
everybody has secrets, kmovie, haha this was good, this guys like my idol, ppl just dont have the guts to do things like that, even myself...lol acting was good, story was funny, fav korean actor was in this too might i add, 9/10
May 23, 2009 3:23 AM

Jul 2007
Dolls.

Beautiful movie. I enjoyed the story of the "Leashed Beggars"/Dolls the most.
<---made of awesome!
May 23, 2009 10:23 AM
Apr 2008
Last Movie I wacthed was A Moment to Remember
And last Drama It was My Last Scandal
May 23, 2009 8:01 PM

Mar 2008
Last Movie was Sukitomo
XxThageXxMay 23, 2009 8:17 PM
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

May 24, 2009 3:21 PM

Mar 2007
watched 'baby and me' (korean) last night. it was cute! 8/10.
May 24, 2009 5:50 PM

Jul 2007
^ That was our motw awhile ago! http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=76330
<---made of awesome!
May 24, 2009 11:44 PM

Nov 2007
Compaqmac321 said:
the queen's classroom
hmm
10/10

one of my favourites, you watched the specials right?
May 24, 2009 11:56 PM

Jul 2006
finished trick 3.

thats an awesome series.
May 25, 2009 1:40 PM

Mar 2008
Just finished the first season of the Quiz show.
What you saw at the castle on that windy night ,and what you saw at the bridge last night .. how I smiled, never utter a word to anyone. If you dare speak .. I will find where you are .. And I will kill you. Kill you. I will rip you apart .. crush your bones And eat your flesh.. I will drink your blood. I will .. devour you.

May 25, 2009 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
Joe1991 said:
Compaqmac321 said:
the queen's classroom
hmm
10/10

one of my favourites, you watched the specials right?

yea i saw the 1st special, havent gotten around to the second 1 yet...maybe i should watch it now?
May 25, 2009 7:06 PM

Oct 2007
Yoru_Hime said:
Just finished the first season of the Quiz show.

I loved season 1. You should check out season 2 if you haven't already. It's the same sort of concept though they've been changing the scenarios a bit. I'm curious to how the second season will end :)
May 25, 2009 11:28 PM

Jul 2007
Ikigami: The Ultimate Limit - Extremely well-cast movie: Matsuda Shota (He's gotten popular in the last year or two, hasn't he?), Tsukamoto Takashi (Love!) Yamada Takayuki, and so on. There are some really heartfelt stories and interesting characters (I cried when the musician died!). BUT, the big drawback to this movie is that is shoves the morals down your throat. Obvious ones (to me at last), too. This is one of those movies that takes a look at one way a nation could be run. There is success in creating a more peaceful and productive society in general... But at the cost of the lives of good, beloved, and talented people, those of which the movie spotlights like crazy. The bittersweet endings punctuate the second (and bigger?) moral of the story, which is just to live.

Good movie, but so heavy-handed in dealing out the sadness that it turns me off just a bit. Would a more subtle movie been boring in comparison? Probably. And yet, I think what this movie needed was a bit of subtlety.
<---made of awesome!
May 26, 2009 10:15 AM

Oct 2007
omg now i REALLY need to get on that movie and watch it. I totally didn't realize that yamada takayuki was cast in it too!! I love both him and matsuda shota! :)

Hmmmmm maybe i'll watch it tonight. :x ( i tell myself that but it probably wont happen.)
May 26, 2009 11:16 AM

Aug 2008
i watched a kmovie called H, it was weird, it was ok, idk there was something about it that i didnt like, but it did do some things well, reminded me a bit of silence of the lambs...i think it was supposed to be a bit of a copy of that movie, but they did do most things differently. anyways, 7/10
May 26, 2009 5:08 PM

Mar 2008
I loved season 1. You should check out season 2 if you haven't already. It's the same sort of concept though they've been changing the scenarios a bit. I'm curious to how the second season will end :)

I'm currently watching the second season now, I just had to watch it since season one was really good. I like how season two is different from the first one, and I wonder how it'll turn out myself.

May 26, 2009 8:09 PM

Aug 2008
just watched my sassy girl, the korean movie, i watched the jdrama, a while ago, to me the korean version was a bit better, but the jdrama did a good job of stretching the story out. any ways, 10/10
May 27, 2009 9:27 AM
Jul 2018
I have been watching Asian movies like crazy... And ones that everyone keeps telling me HAS to be on my "Watched List"

I just watched:

NANA - Great movie, beautiiful rendition of the anime. Mika did a wonderful portrayl of NANA, HAchi was hated by me as always, and they did a wonderful acting job. Except Ren. For some reason... He wasnt as good as I hoped. :\

Linda, Linda, Linda - I really loved this movie! It was slow moving, and had its jokes here and there, which was awesome. Im going to go watch it again here in a few minutes.

Kamikaze Girls - Now I know why people keep telling me to watch this. Its the best Japanese movie I'd seen in a while! The art for the anime bits was cool, and the humor was great!! I watched it 3 times!

2046 - I didnt like it. Bored me to TEARS.

Now. I need to go find a place to rent NANA 2. *goes to look online*
May 27, 2009 8:26 PM

Aug 2008
marine boy
it reminded me a bit of into the blue, with paul walker, only that movie sucked, and this movie was good, the action and acting were good, the girl was damn fine, guns, explosions, drugs, korea, japan, girls...yea 10/10
May 27, 2009 10:45 PM
Apr 2007
Just finished Change. It was an excellent series - the only bad part about it was that the ending was too open-ended. 9.5/10
May 28, 2009 3:17 AM

Jul 2007
Two flicks tonight.

First was Hanabi starring Beat Takeshi. It was a very "quiet movie, which is not unusual for Kitano Takeshi's films, but it was not at all what I expected. Though the flashbacks made it a bit confusing at first and it took me awhile to finish it, I quite enjoyed the movie. Great story and interesting characters. Seeing this film really puts his more recent, self-reflective trilogy into perspective.

Second movie tonight was Speed Scandal, because Hanabi was a bit depressing and I needed a pick-me-up. It was a fairly funny and light-hearted movie! Great singing and cute characters with an especially adorable ending. Definitely on the side of better story-telling, compared to other kmovies, as well. I think anyone who enjoyed kmovies like 200 Pounds Beauty and 100 Days With Mr Arrogant would enjoy this movie most of all.
<---made of awesome!
May 29, 2009 3:11 AM

Jul 2007
Tonight: The Naked Kitchen. Unconventional, but sweet and interesting. The ending was odd, but not as confusing as I was lead to believe it would be.

More comments when it's posted as the movie of the week.
<---made of awesome!
May 29, 2009 7:42 AM

Oct 2007
I also watched The Naked Kitchen a few days ago. Will post my comments in the MoTW thread as well :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (21) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » What Drama/Movie Are You Currently Watching? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ReverseHarem - Mar 10, 2009

757 by Wolf_Pikachu »»
Aug 27, 2020 4:48 AM

Sticky: » The Drama Links List

Susan - Apr 17, 2010

4 by Susan »»
Oct 22, 2016 10:55 PM

» Member Roll Call

Susan - Jun 13, 2016

19 by SchnickelFritz »»
Jun 25, 2016 9:14 PM

» Drama/movies based on anime/manga

TenderRain91 - Dec 26, 2014

0 by TenderRain91 »»
Dec 26, 2014 5:00 PM

» saddest drama you have ever seen?

Lyydea - Jul 17, 2010

21 by ChokeBee »»
Jul 30, 2014 7:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.