Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jun 19, 2014 10:06 PM

Aug 2013
I dont think hate against Kawashima is warranted here because she was goading Midorin in order to help Ryuugi. She wanted to Midorin to admit that she actually liked Ryuugi because it was pissing her off how she was pretending not to. And while Kawashima does like Ryuugi at the end of the day she settles to be his friend and thats why she gets into an argument.
Aug 1, 2014 11:03 AM

Dec 2013
Finally... Ryuuji found out about Taiga's feeling for him.
Aug 3, 2014 6:09 PM
Aug 2014
How did Amin actually know about the confession from Takasu?
Aug 12, 2014 2:46 AM
May 2013
Finally Taiga Confessed her feeling for Takasu. Sweeeeet Scene <3
Aug 12, 2014 9:06 AM
Jul 2014
pagoda6 said:
How did Amin actually know about the confession from Takasu?

she was with taiga and takasu getting coffee when she found out from taiga i think. when taiga asked amin to not bother takasu on the trip. taiga also told amin the trip was changed to skiing since amin missed school.
Sep 18, 2014 9:19 AM
Sep 2014
I loved the last episode I could not smiling. But minorin really piss me off bc she would not give him answer, I understand that she care for her friend but you just leave him hanging like that!
Oct 8, 2014 11:06 PM

Mar 2014
Damn.. amazing episode. So many emotions came out this episode.
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Oct 27, 2014 1:46 AM

Sep 2013
What a great episode!! Especially that ending!!!

And so everything finally comes to a boil; it’s clear that all of the confrontations were caused by misunderstandings:

Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding

Misunderstanding -

Misunderstanding -

During their conversation , Ami x Minori, at first,I had thought that Ami kept pushing deeper into the issue of Minori denying Ryuujii’s confession because she wanted to help Ryuuji by finding out what Minori’s true feelings were, but I really think she did that for herself.

If Ami could hear how Minori feels, she would be able to move forward herself when it came to her own emotions.

1) If Minori had said “yes”,

Ami would move on and accept that.

2) If Minori had said ‘”no”,

- then the “father and mother relationship” Minori and Ryuuji have with Taiga would fall apart because the only thing keeping that relationship going was that Taiga needed Ryuuji more than she did, which is why the “F/M relationship” started in the first place. Ami would have a clear scope on things and act on her feelings for Ryuuji.[/i]

BUT SHE DIDN’T, and all Ami did was make things worse for herself and Ryuuji, with her constant “guilty” comments and demeanor, which she apologizes to Ryuuji for.

She calls Ryuuji an idiot because he doesn’t understand his or other people’s feelings and then herself an idiot because all the while that she asks Minori why she keeps “pretending” and telling her that she is a good “pretender”, she realizes that she is no better than Minori, emotions and all.

The fight does nothing more than act as a release for the both of them. Minori knows that Ami is jealous of her and wants Ami to back off and leave it alone, while Ami wants to knows what’s really going on and for Minori to stop being a horrible person
"You and your third dimension"
Oct 27, 2014 2:29 PM

Mar 2014
mushroomlight34 said:
What a great episode!! Especially that ending!!!

And so everything finally comes to a boil; it’s clear that all of the confrontations were caused by misunderstandings:

Great post - very thoughtful analysis. I especially like your insights into Ami's point of view, which is probably the least-explored of the series leads. There's one thing you mentioned in your analysis of Ami that ties perfectly into a later scene with her, I think in episode 24. You'll know what I mean when you get there.

One thing to keep in mind in regards to:

mushroomlight34 said:
Misunderstanding

Is that
Nov 20, 2014 5:56 AM

Jan 2013
It happened uh...
I loved the fights, the verbal one and physical one.
As for the ending... not quite.
Jan 5, 2015 2:44 PM

Sep 2014
Oh snap, that girl fight was intense. Taiga/Kanou fight got nothing on Ami/Minorin!

If this were reality, Taiga would probably be dead from hypothermia. :/
Jan 17, 2015 1:08 AM

Jun 2013
This show sucks because Ami isn't winning

Jan 31, 2015 2:39 PM

Dec 2012
Omfg another episode that made me cry, this is way too good or I´m just getting too sensitive.
Feb 18, 2015 11:59 AM
May 2013
Great episode I was getting tired of Ryuugi's crap .
Feb 19, 2015 6:16 PM

Dec 2009
Damn that fight was nice. I expected things to blow over like that, but I was really surprised it became a brawl.

They all like Ryuuji, I think that is a fact. Ami doesn't like however that Kushieda is indecisive about her love, or holds back. I can understand shes pissed because she is jealous. Likewise Kushieda doesn't want to push the issue because of Taiga. Finally Taiga doesn't want to love Ryuuji because she thinks he like Kushieda.

4 more episodes, things are gonna explode soon.
Mar 11, 2015 4:36 PM

Dec 2014
Lol, didn't think Ami would go that far. I don't dislike Minori, she appears to be sympathetic, but her instability and hesistation is what ruins everything for everyone.

zdude18 said:
This show sucks because Ami isn't winning

+1
NozdrefMar 11, 2015 5:57 PM

“There are two kinds of arrogance. One where you are unequal to the task and one where your dreams are too big. The former is commonplace stupidity... but the latter is a rare species that is difficult to find.”

May 1, 2015 7:32 PM

Jun 2014
wow theyre all dumb fucks. when someone just disappears from the group like that, you dont just go back to the ski lodge and say "o well, she'll come back later" and how did you all not notice the part of the fence that was twisted above the skid marks? After being unconscious in a blizzard all night, Taiga definitely should have died of hypothermia.

anyway, i wanted to cry when i saw that taiga had given the hair clip to minori without her even knowing it was really from takasu
May 17, 2015 2:35 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
caaaat fiiiight.
I am almost sure this will be a Taiga ending by now :/

May 27, 2015 6:49 AM
Jun 2013
Loved this episode!
Maybe it's because the school setting is gone but this anime just got so much better in the last few episodes.
May 30, 2015 2:56 AM

Oct 2013
best episode for a while now; there was a whole whirlwind of feelings this episode. Ryuuji x Taiga end starts now (unfortunately).

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 19, 2015 3:36 PM
Feb 2015
That's even worse than a love triangle dammit

btw the mp4 compression did a good job at simulating the snowstorm audio
Aug 8, 2015 1:13 PM
Aug 2014
I really kinda respect Ami now, she was being a bit of a bitch but she said what everyone else was afraid to say.

And Taiga, man she is awesome
Sep 2, 2015 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
Mechr0mancer said:
I really kinda respect Ami now, she was being a bit of a bitch but she said what everyone else was afraid to say.

And Taiga, man she is awesome

You aint lyin.

Ami got tired of all the bullshittin and acting, cant be mad at that lol.

She gave Minori a lil more of that work than I thought she would but it was pretty much a stalemate.

Sep 2, 2015 12:31 PM

Apr 2013
Now, it would be ignorant of me to say I enjoyed the fades but...

I aint gon lie...lmao. Though its a shame to see such pretty faces get bruised and whatnot, shit gotta happen sometimes lol.
Sep 17, 2015 6:40 PM

Oct 2012
Sasuga Ami! It was really great to watch her how she intentionally push other into situations where they would show their true feelings.

Of course she knew about the others in the wardrobe. And she was acting great to show herself as good one when telling Takasu about their little quarrel with Kushieda. Even when she provoked Kushieda again, it was with clear intention of showing her emotions to Takasu. But she just lost it in the end. I guess anyone would get angry in that situation.

Cause Kushieda is lying and downplaying everything all the time it's almost her second nature. Or maybe I should say she is lying so long it's too hard to actually tell the truth now. She is lying so skillfully she even managed to convince herself.

I was expecting many things from this episode this was very pleasant surprise. But yeah, it was kinda obvious there would be some accident just in the moment when Takasu would get too close to serious talk about his love with Kushieda.

And now truth is out finally. Wonder if it would be so easy for Ryuuji to change his feelings (but yeah, he's already shifting from Kushieda to Taiga from the very beginning).
Oct 1, 2015 10:01 AM

Feb 2015
Ryuuji X Taiga all the way
Nov 16, 2015 1:53 PM
Nov 2015
That ending. Heart is on fire
Dec 8, 2015 4:39 PM
Dec 2015
I think that this episode tells us just as much about Ami's position as it does Taiga's. Today, class, we've learned two things.

The first is that Ami is possibly one of Ryuu's most trustworthy friends. No, she probably isn't the first person he should call if he ever found himself drunk at a bar with no one to drive him home; in fact, she's the last. But let's look at the facts. Ami revealed her nasty side to Minorin in order to help Ryuu find out Minorin's true feelings. Ami does this partly out of jealousy and partly out of extreme loyalty. Ami put her own feelings aside in an attempt to make Ryuu happy. She's also trying to protect Taiga as well. It's funny. Ami became my favorite character in this anime because she became rather omnipotent. Sure, she made a mistake here and there, but the insight is real. I have deep respect for her.

Thing number two has to do with Taiga finally, FINALLY admitting her feelings for Ryuu. OK, OK. I know. She technically does this at the end of episode 19, but I'm way too lazy to post on two different episodes for the same topic. But that's not all. She's also already confronted Kiremora about this. And regardless of whether or not She ever told Kire about her feelings for him, Taiga has clearly found herself at a point of conflict because she no longer loves Kire. She's too in love with Ryuu to even care about Kihare trying to get close to Kire. It's actually very sad and happy at the same time. Taiga is doing her absolute best to make absolutely sure that her best friend and her crush end up together because she loves the two of them more than the world itself. She doesn't care that she would be sacrificing her own happiness because she cares so much more about Ryuu's happiness. That's the epitome of love, my friends.
Dec 14, 2015 1:57 PM

Nov 2014
What a great episode, can't believe she confessed to Ruuji unknowingly xD
Jan 12, 2016 1:01 AM

Mar 2014
uhhh damn im really not feeling the taiga x ryuji pairing really wanted minorin to win but its not looking very likely at this point
Jan 19, 2016 4:50 AM
Jul 2014
Well that confession took a long time... :)
May 23, 2016 10:27 PM

Aug 2007
That Ami v Minori fight was simmering until it finally boiled over.

That confession at the end too, whew
Jun 26, 2016 3:25 AM
Jul 2015
FINALLYYYY!!!!!! Technically it was an accidental confession, but still finalllyyyyy!!!! It was just so sweet ^_^ and very long anticipated! I had been rooting for these two to get together even since I began watching this series and it seems its finally coming into play now. Looks like my hunch from the previous episode was off, but this was a great way to spill the beans as well. Technically its still not over since a) we have 4 episodes left and b) Ryuuji will have to make a "decision" but i'm confident now, despite how dense he's been through the whole series, he'll make the right choice :)
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
Jun 28, 2016 6:57 PM
Mar 2016
My ship is sailing strong again.... I just want it to happen.... So badly...
Jun 28, 2016 8:18 PM
Mar 2015
RyanWisemanMusic said:

Can I join that ship?
It was about 20 but we finally got it. Taiga "confessed" to Ryuuji!
Jun 28, 2016 9:04 PM
Mar 2016
Vaiketime2025 said:
RyanWisemanMusic said:

Can I join that ship?
It was about 20 but we finally got it. Taiga "confessed" to Ryuuji!

You have 4 more episodes, finish and get warm mushy feelings on the inside!
Aug 10, 2016 4:02 PM
Jun 2016
That ending! It was so sweet! I'm currently making really strange fangirl noises. Finally!
Aug 21, 2016 12:39 AM

Aug 2016
Ami is the best..i wish there is a ova with her and ryouji...she was alright and fighting minorin and beating her ass was the best since episode 1..this little bitch doesnt show her true feelings and she is acting al dumb..teach her a lesson beautiful
Sep 11, 2016 2:06 AM

Apr 2012
When I saw the preview on the previous episode I thought this one is going to be a filler full of some fun slice of life with no plot progress, how wrong I was.
Affinity to MAL
Anime: 47.35%
Manga: 46.36%
Oct 10, 2016 10:09 AM

Jul 2014
For fucks sake these plot twists smh.
Oct 28, 2016 4:13 AM

Feb 2012
Again with this cheap violence? im afraid im not enough of an edgelord to enjoy this kind of content.
Nov 20, 2016 12:33 PM
Nov 2014
I can't believe everyone here thinks what that bitch ami did was right. So what if minori is being fake it's not of her Goddamn business acting all hight and mighty thinking she knows what everybody feels because she doesn't. She should go kill herself. Seriously she's one of the worst characters I've seen in anime.
Nov 28, 2016 10:34 AM

Nov 2015

The episode was both funny as hell and serious!
And in the end Taiga talked more than she should have!

Wow Ryuuji, you are such a player! You have 3 cuties crazy for you!

PD: Let's talk about how Taiga survived all those hours in such weather, such low temperatures, while unconscious.... wow.
Nov 30, 2016 12:06 PM

Sep 2016
SHE FINALLY SAID IT
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Dec 26, 2016 2:16 PM

Dec 2014
I almost liked this episode. Getting to see a cat fight and Taiga getting lost in a blizzard, fun stuff.
Mar 26, 2017 2:20 AM
May 2016
I was afraid that the #sliceoflife tag MAL gave Toradora was gonna be everything there is to the story--I mean, I noticed the #romance tag but, it being an SOL, I expected less. I braced myself for the disappointment in the romance sector, but boy am I glad I was wrong. Phew! Taiga confessed, yo. It didn't turn out to be clickbait like some shows out there.
Mar 26, 2017 2:26 AM
May 2016
JPG2112 said:
That ending. Heart is on fire
Punched walls (and floors) on several occasions while watching this series. Nearly broke both my hands. Gotta say, this show is rekt.
May 9, 2017 6:08 AM

Feb 2013
Stupid Ami and Minori put Taiga in big danger, but all is good, she told Ryuuji that she loves him, finally, things have to get better now.
May 20, 2017 4:13 PM

Apr 2017
So Taiga was basically at the spot were she dissappeared and yet people could not find her? That was kinda stupid...

Otherwise, great episode.
Nov 18, 2017 4:37 AM

Apr 2009
So this episode should be called 'Stuff we weren't supposed to have heard' xd... So much drama, this trip will make a great high school memory lol
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Yesterday, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.