Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 9, 2009 4:49 PM

Feb 2008
Surprisingly, this episode was rather good. I expected the worst after last weeks disaster. I'm getting excited about this show now, nice boat or not.

I also don't get what the hell Rina is doing or thinking, why is she always hiring Touya? Does she want to help him and Yuki, does she want to have his babies, does she want to make her brother jealous, what the hell is her motive.

soulelle: Thanks for clearing up that letter thing, I'm afraid I don't have your attention while watching this show :)

Anyway, now that we have 13 more episodes confirmed I hope they don't leave us hanging too much for those 6 months.
Mar 9, 2009 6:13 PM

Jul 2008
so does yayoi want fujji to herself or something? was that letter she ripped up from yuki a confession or something? i'm kind of curious of whats really going on here; i think i'll be sad when the season will be done, but hey theres going to be a 2nd season to look forward to
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 9, 2009 6:57 PM

Mar 2008
noteDhero said:
This is my endgame (prays to God):

Touya and Misaki get stabbed by Drama Club President.
Haruka commits suicide because her fragile mind can't take Touya's death.
ex-Manager goes psycho at the concert and with a gun, kills Yayoi, Yuki, and Rina.
Mana kills herself since she's a Yuki stalker.
Eiji goes psycho from his ridiculous machinations and the loss of his two moneymakers.

Ahh, the perfect ending :)
and then seadon two can make a fresh start with other more interesting (not loser) characters :p
Mar 9, 2009 7:36 PM

Jul 2008
The series is just getting more awkward by the minute... sigh. everything is so disconnected.
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Mar 9, 2009 7:47 PM

Aug 2008
Honestly, I am getting lost here. Can someone enlighten me what's going on?

Anyway, I would like to thank those people for contributing their observations on this episode. I am having a hard time keeping up with the story. I did a couple of pauses and even hit rewind several times to ensure that I understand what's going on.

Honestly, this episode leaves me excited. It's not about love or romance. It's not about the slow plot development and confusing story. It's all about seeing a person dead right off the bat.

It makes me think twice if season two is going to be worth all the trouble. I swore to myself if that guy lives, I will pick season two.

Mar 9, 2009 8:18 PM
Nov 2007
I was a little confused too, but I think I understand the important details well enough.

Personally, I think the drama club guy is too much of a wuss to kill anyone and his attempt at revenge is either going to be something really lame, or it's going to fail miserably.

As for the creepy manager guy that got fired, well, he doesn't seem quite right in the head, and I could certainly see him doing a little killing. Yayoi's going to need to watch herself.

It's funny how quick we are to assume that there will be violence in our romance anime. Is this all because of School Days?
Mar 9, 2009 8:32 PM

Aug 2008
I've never seen School Days...this is based 100% off of the atmosphere that I've been talking about since about day one. A very foreboding, dark atmosphere. It doesn't help that the story has a habit of hiding very important details (see all) or making characters into scheming, manipulative bastards.
Mar 9, 2009 9:16 PM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
I've never seen School Days...this is based 100% off of the atmosphere that I've been talking about since about day one. A very foreboding, dark atmosphere. It doesn't help that the story has a habit of hiding very important details (see all) or making characters into scheming, manipulative bastards.

Don't watch it, it literally turns you into one of those fags that keep posting "OMG I get major school day's vibes from this anime" in every romance drama thread :/. School Days starts off like 90% of romance dramas do, then a little more then half way through they turn it into Higurashi no Naku Koro ni and shit starts going nuts. Took me months to actually get back into romance dramas again without fearing that the main characters would start to rape and kill each other lol.

Anyway, stupid Yayoi for mixing up Yuki's letter with the old manager guy :(. Now this is when all the misunderstandings are going to start.

Yay for Akira for manning up and claiming his women. It's about damn time! Now that Touya understands, Misaki's little ark seems about over for now.

Lol Touya needs to learn to just say no and stop trying to please everyone. He's to much of a tool and really doesn't seem like he can think for himself. He's been just going with the flow trying not to step on anyones toes throughout this whole series. It's going to get interesting once all the girls start misunderstanding his motives.

Rin seems like she's just lonely and wants someone to understand her. Touya is down to earth and talks to her as if they're equals, where as Yuki treats her as someone important and everyone else either treats her as a money making tool or their boss.

Yuki's just a fool. At the start she treated Touya as if he was never gonna leave her but now she seems pretty concerned about where he's been and who he's with (as indicated when shes peacing together all the Rina and Touya scenes). She really needs to get her act together and confront him soon if she really wants to keep him.

Yayoi confuses the fuck out of me. At the start I was under the impression that she was "punishing" Touya to keep him away from Yuki. Now it seems like she's turned into all the other girls and has fallen in love with him.

Updated relationship chart. I know I said I'd clean it up a bit but that will have to wait till this weekend. If you see any errors or have any suggestions, post or pm me.
Mar 10, 2009 2:08 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was the first episode, I think, which I really didn't like. It was quite boring, let's see what happens next.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 10, 2009 8:37 AM

Mar 2008
DeathfireD said:

Updated relationship chart. I know I said I'd clean it up a bit but that will have to wait till this weekend. If you see any errors or have any suggestions, post or pm me.

Why is Touya jealous of the other guy?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2009 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
the relationship chart is messing with my head. :D

Touya is a jerk. a stupid jerk. up to now i disliked him a bit but he was okay. After this episode he appears to be plain stupid. Did he even try to contact yuki after the festival? I mean, they are going out and the only thing he does is messing around with other women. ts.
Mar 10, 2009 11:08 PM

Apr 2007
intense ending right there.

I loved how the main dude had like 10s screen time.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Mar 11, 2009 3:39 PM

Jun 2007
kaminakun said:
DeathfireD said:

Why is Touya jealous of the other guy?

ahh crap when I moved what's his face over to make more room I added an arrow too haha. My bad, that will be gone in the next ep.
Mar 12, 2009 3:03 PM

Aug 2007
Boo to Touya.
Usotsuki. 
Mar 12, 2009 8:19 PM
Dec 2008
Blood is in the air!
Mar 13, 2009 7:15 PM

Oct 2008
It seems that...

Still... I don't understand why there is this secret underground route between Echoes and Ogata Productions. When was that built? Let me guess... It was one of those shelter routes built decades ago; an evacuation plan made to counter the Air Raids.

Shinozuka Yayoi..

Mar 13, 2009 11:06 PM

Dec 2007
I am little confused about the storyline. I don't understand why Rina wants to hire Touya. This episode is not bad to me, I guess, and I don't have any problem with plot, character development, or story for the first season; however, I am not sure about the second season, though.
Mar 15, 2009 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
Syllen said:
i dont even know whats going on anymore

Thank you!!
I was starting to worry I was too shallow to be able to understand anything anymore!
Although soulelle's notes made it a little clearer for me ^^

I smell bloodshed... Or at least some1 dieing. This is based after an eroge, so it isn't far fetched to think thus. Is not like it's School Days either though...

Mar 16, 2009 12:39 AM

Jun 2008
*sigh* i can't stand watching this anymore, but too late to drop.

i liked seeing Akira tell Touya off when he approached Misaki. about time.
Mar 16, 2009 3:23 PM
Nov 2008
This show has finally started to get interesting to me in the last two episodes, I'm starting to be glad I didn't drop it in the first 3, however tempting it was.
Mar 31, 2009 9:46 PM

Jul 2008
Touya is such a douche to continue to see Yayoi. How can anyone say that they have her best interests at heart and then throw away that letter.

But after this episode, I'm starting to think that Rina really does only have pure intentions for Yuki. I could be wrong and Rina could be more manipulative than she appears to be. To me, it seems that the reason she wants Touya to work for her is because she wants him and Yuki to spend more time together. She went through all that trouble to piece together the letter to Touya. If she didn't care about their relationship and just wanted him to herself, I think she would have been curious but still left the letter in the garbage.
Apr 4, 2009 2:49 AM

Jan 2008
The show has gotten from good to annoying. How long is Touya going to be a dick? Choose one already.

/Secretly hoping for him to be butchered at the end.
Dec 17, 2009 9:15 PM

Nov 2008
I'm suprised Fujii is still seeing Yayoi... >_>

It's getting me angrier each episode. Practically Yuki and Fujii's relationship is in shambles.
Mar 12, 2010 10:38 PM

Aug 2008
So what did the letter say?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 2, 2011 8:26 PM

Sep 2010
chicanerous said:
I'm not nearly as invested in this series as this post will make me out to be. I swear. Hahaha.

Wasabi said:
Annndd everything that happened between Touya and Misaki in the last episode just seemed like it never happened.

How would you portray the aftermath?

In the last episode, Misaki was strung out from the hard work and basically snapped after Touya tried to appeal to her and say that he loves her. As Misaki states in this episode, after a night of sleep, she has head back on straight.

As we already know, Touya just can't say no to anyone he considers a Goddess, as this episode makes even more explicit. (But can evidently say it to his everyday Yuki.) So, we can understand why he did that, even if we might not like him for flippantly toying with her (or elsewhere sexing up Yayoi and "cheating" on Yuki).

In the scene at Cafe Echoes, Akira makes it pretty explicit that he's with Misaki now and Touya is not to bud in anymore. He does this after the consideration Misaki shows to Touya a few seconds earlier suggests that she really was just snapping at Touya in the last episode -- that she may harbor some feelings for him even still. Akira is probably still afraid that Touya's going to distract her even now that he's manned up and finally gone for Misaki. Consequently, you can definitely see the awkwardness between him and Touya in his response and, perhaps, even a hint of stronger emotions on Akira's part.

Back to Touya, you're right that he, at least, pretends like it never happens, though he does at least ask Misaki about her foot. This is the probably the most understandable response of all. I mean how else are you going to act when you have an absolute need to remain on the best terms with every girl you know (as they're all your Goddesses after all), but you just flippantly confessed love to a girl only because you thought that was what she wanted to hear?

Meanwhile, the Drama Club President is publicly disgraced, as the critics left in the middle of the performance due to Misaki and Touya's interruption. Consequently, he's creeping around looking almost murderously at Touya (who has essentially defeated him and "stolen" his Misaki) and giving major stalker vibes to Misaki herself later with his hiding behind a pillar and hurt, yet fixated expression. I say "stolen his Misaki" because, if you're spending that much time tormenting some poor girl, there's obviously some sort of twisted attachment -- he just couldn't let go. As soon as Touya, the interloper, steps in, he has a new target for all his hate and, perhaps, is realizing even what twisted feelings he still has for Misaki. Of course, he could also just straight hate her as well now, but, in any case, there's clear repercussions here from the last episode.

I'm really not sure where you're getting the idea that it seems like the last episode never happened. This episode dealt quite thoroughly, effectively, and dare-I-say realistically with the aftermath. In fact, I thought the series had lost it last episode, as that episode pretty well threw me for a loop. However, this episode definitely redeemed the last by bringing it back into a coherent (albeit still nuanced) storyline.

I'm continually impressed by the remarkable amount of complexity and nuance the show has when you really get down to it. It's also quite interesting to take a step back and look at the different and often subtle ways the show is constructing meaning and influencing interpretation. On the level of epistemology, this sort of analysis seems to be particularly rewarding here. Maybe I just need to watch more in this genre...?

Wow...I finally see someone who can break down and appreciate this anime. Kudos to you wise one.
Apr 2, 2011 8:59 PM

Sep 2010
For those confused about the episode I can explain real quick. You see Yuki writing alone in episode 9...in this episode she gives yayoi (her sexy manager) the letter to give to touya. Rina is battling problems caused by her brother alone (hence the title if you think about it) and has 1 condition...that touya becomes part of her staff probably because deep down she feels safest with him. Yayoi and yuki were present and yayoi was about to give the letter for rina to deliver but yuki stops her....probably due to the fact that she doesnt trust rina or feels threatened by her since the birthday present incident.

Yayoi has stalker problems from the old manager who writes her a letter...you can see her ripping a letter and throwing it away which rina finds later. After dropping off touya, yayoi tells him to wait and pulls out the letter. THE WRONG ONE...it is addressed to her. We see rina crying at the bar...ill leave that up to you to interpret

And yes the series is a bit confusing but if you take the time to understand...you realize its almost a masterpiece with its layers of complexity and foreshadow.
Jul 11, 2011 3:57 AM
Feb 2009
holy shettt ..
Feb 5, 2012 9:36 AM
Dec 2010
is this .. romance ? no way .. its harem drama with main guy not being our usual good boy but he is cheater that goes with every chick he meets, anytime he's got a chance .. wtf disgusting ....
Sent with Mal Updater

noteDhero said:
Someone's gonna die!!!!

Agreed , i got this feeling that even reminded me of School Days with that famous ending
greenmartyFeb 5, 2012 9:51 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Aug 14, 2012 2:22 PM

Sep 2011
Touya and Yayoi sure are spending a lot of time together... *facepalm
Dec 21, 2012 11:37 AM

Dec 2007
This episode was confusing. I guess that I get it now that I've read through the messages. I think that there's a problem with Tauya's father. Maybe he had a heart attack in the beginning of the episode. I'm not sure, but they seem to be hinting at him having health problems. They mentioned it several times in various episodes. Yuki and Misaka asked about it.
Oct 16, 2013 8:52 PM

Jan 2013
Now I'm almost sure they're mixing routes. Also, I don't mind harems if they're justified. Normally they never are in anime but this one is really over the top.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Apr 12, 2014 11:08 AM

May 2012
Hmm this is getting rather depressive and complicated... decent development though.
Mar 28, 2015 4:37 AM

May 2009
When is someone going to die?
At this point I'm just waiting for it to happen.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 19, 2015 2:31 AM

Feb 2013
soulelle said:
kameko14 said:
And can someone sort of explain the whole letters situation to me? Like Yuki's and the ex-manager's letter?

below's how I see it:
- Rina's ex-manager blackmailed/tried to threaten Yayoi for some reason (you might recall from the previous episodes it's not the first time Yayoi puts letters addressed to her in the bin)
- Yuki asked Yayoi to pass her letter to Touya
- Yuki's letter fall of out of Yayoi's bag on to her desk so it messed with Rina's ex-manager blackmails
- Since Yuki's letter and Rina's ex-manager's letters were in the similar pink-coloured envelopes, Yayoi mistakenly shredded Yuki's letter to the bin
- Yayoi found out about her mistake when she wanted to pass Yuki's letter to Touya (after the kissing scene in the car) - at that moment she noticed it's her own name written in the recepient's field instead. So that's why she said to Touya: "ah no.. it's nothing.."
- Rina-chan decided to explain Yuki that Yuki's the one to sing on the Christmas Eve thus replacing Rina (or something like that - depends on what Rina and her brother have come up with). Anyway Rina wanted to prepare Yuki for the upcoming news but felt like it's easier to do in written words. So she was writing down a letter at Yayoi's desk while Yuki was training the choreography. This is when Rina found Yuki's letter to Touya in the bin. So now she most likely feels sorry for Yuki as she thinks it's Yayoi's original intention to break Touya-Yuki relationship.

hope it makes sense now ^^

That makes sense! Thanks for that! I was getting lost.

Thespian club leader is super salty! You see the faces he made! LOL It looks liek he's gonna kill someone!

I still don;t know why Touya still gets in the car with Yayoi. He knows what she's gonna try to do. He still goes anyway. He's not faithful anymore. I hope Yuki breaks up with him. Dirtbag. I hope he ends up alone.

Nice to see Akari getting some moves on Misaki. Who knows, maybe this will be the best for Misaki.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.