Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 12, 2011 4:28 PM

Jul 2007
Khanzo said:
link9us said:
Even though that hasn't been explained yet. I also have a prediction about the 20 kings. Of course i might be wrong but i think the 5 elder gorseu, might be the last remaining race of those 20 kings from that advanced civilization. hopefully they explain more about this though.

It is interesting stuff though when you try to put all this together, even if im wrong and trying to get ahead of my self.

just to clear it up:
Khanzo said:
link9us said:
Even though that hasn't been explained yet. I also have a prediction about the 20 kings. Of course i might be wrong but i think the 5 elder gorseu, might be the last remaining race of those 20 kings from that advanced civilization. hopefully they explain more about this though.

It is interesting stuff though when you try to put all this together, even if im wrong and trying to get ahead of my self.

just to clear it up:

Oh i see, thanks for the clear up. It has been so long since ive seen the ennies lobby arc so i kind of forget. That is certainly an episode you want to book mark cause it has so much important history revolving the world.

I see, so the 20 kings and the advanced civilization are two separate countries or nations in conflict with each other. Did it ever reveal what part of the "holy land of Marijou" belonged to or any indication if they were part of the advanced civilization or the 20 kings.

All i know is that the 20 kings were royals that built the entire world government and seeing as how the Gorusei are the top officials of the world government as of now, with the marines origination under them.

So essentially the world government/Goruseu and the 20 kings are all the same. Dating back 600 years ago before the construction of the world government. But the advanced civilization is a separate entity entirely. that we know absolutely nothing bout. The only connection is the ponyglyphs with the inscriptions. That bout right?

From the Skypia arc, they mentioned Shandora. The kingdom in shambles that robin stumbled upon. How is that connected to this all. Wasn't that the ancient kingdom from 600 years ago during the void century.
ArtimesGamerApr 12, 2011 4:49 PM

Apr 13, 2011 6:24 AM

Dec 2008
link9us said:

I see, so the 20 kings and the advanced civilization are two separate countries or nations in conflict with each other. Did it ever reveal what part of the "holy land of Marijou" belonged to or any indication if they were part of the advanced civilization or the 20 kings.

Not really, however I'm assuming Mariejous has no direct connection to the advanced kingdom. Although it is not known how old Mariejous is so..

link9us said:
All i know is that the 20 kings were royals that built the entire world government and seeing as how the Gorusei are the top officials of the world government as of now, with the marines origination under them.

So essentially the world government/Gorosei and the 20 kings are all the same. Dating back +-800 years ago before the construction of the world government. But the advanced civilization is a separate entity entirely. that we know absolutely nothing bout. The only connection is the ponyglyphs with the inscriptions. That bout right?

Yes, thats right. We only know that the Tenryuubito are the direct descendants of those 20 kings, who around the year 800 established the world government (this is after the void century which dates between +-600-700). However what their connection is to the Gorosei has not been explained yet

link9us said:
From the Skypia arc, they mentioned Shandora. The kingdom in shambles that robin stumbled upon. How is that connected to this all. Wasn't that the ancient kingdom from 800 years ago during the void century.

Good question, Shandora indeed fell during the great war. However i doubt it, take a look at this page from the manga: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v31/c290/8.html
From that we can assume the citizens of Shandora were allies of the advanced civilization and were only attacked because they had a poneglyph.
May 12, 2011 3:33 PM

Jun 2009
My head feels as though it is going to explode. There was a LOT of information and name dropping in this episode. But, basically, the Grand Line is considered a test? I'm not sure what I think about that...and I'm not sure what I think of these new pirate characters.

As for the bounties, that's all fine and good but who the fuck cares how much money the person is worth? It doesn't MEAN anything, I'm willing to bet that Zoro is much stronger than most of those other guys with higher bounties. Hell, I bet Sanji is. And, I really highly doubt there is THAT much of a gap between those two and Luffy, at least I have no reason to think that so far.

Kid will *probably* turn out to be a giant pansy who just likes to pick on those weaker than him, unless the government lied and he never actually did attack civilians. It's hard to tell so far.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
May 12, 2011 3:56 PM

Jul 2007
insan3soldiern said:
My head feels as though it is going to explode. There was a LOT of information and name dropping in this episode. But, basically, the Grand Line is considered a test? I'm not sure what I think about that...and I'm not sure what I think of these new pirate characters.

As for the bounties, that's all fine and good but who the fuck cares how much money the person is worth? It doesn't MEAN anything, I'm willing to bet that Zoro is much stronger than most of those other guys with higher bounties. Hell, I bet Sanji is. And, I really highly doubt there is THAT much of a gap between those two and Luffy, at least I have no reason to think that so far.

Kid will *probably* turn out to be a giant pansy who just likes to pick on those weaker than him, unless the government lied and he never actually did attack civilians. It's hard to tell so far.

you are probably right. Bounties don't determine strength. They just determine how popular they have become and how much of a threat against the world government. The Shinchibukai, i guess used to be former pirates that made a name for them selfs and became so popular and a threat to the world government, that the world government actually used them. At least thats how i see things.

I know this episode was very over whelming. Thats why this arc is just full of so many mysteries.

Jun 30, 2011 2:08 AM

May 2010
@smokes put some spoilers please.. awww hope reading your comment didn't wreck it for me

So more fish to fry! Just got a taste of the 11 candidates in becoming the Pirate King! haha Captain Kid's bounty isn't so much to boast about.. I mean its only 15million more then Luffys' haha and there's no fun in killing civilians. The short teasers were too much to absorb haha.. I'll be able to remember them when I see them fight! LOL :-D
Also even thought Zoro is just the 2nd lowest of them all.. after his fight with Kuma and his intense training.. he must be well over 200m hehe
Lastly, chopper in this episode was utterly cute! :-)
Sep 24, 2011 4:57 AM

Mar 2008
this will be interesting !
Feb 2, 2012 12:44 PM

Jan 2012
OMG HSIOFH THE INTRODUCTION OF THE SUPERNOVAS WAS AMAZING
i'd heard the name before but hadn't spoiled myself about the actual content so i was like WHOA COMPETITION. the music as the various pirates were introduced was simply epic, and it was awesome seeing the dynamic between powerful people picking fights that didn't involve the straw hats for once.
it was like OP was saying, "hey, there's a big world outside the crew you've been following, come take a look."
that introduction was seriously my favorite thing ever, i even watched it twice to absorb everything and take down names/bounties. i love the idea that the grand line had been a competition between rookies to prove themselves, and look forward to more interaction between the supernovas at this meeting point. hsidohdsoihgg love one piece!
Mar 22, 2012 9:16 PM

Jan 2010
Man, the introduction of the Supernovas (Isn't that a great name?!) was always one of my favorite parts of the series XD.

Can't wait for Rayleigh to show up :D
May 1, 2012 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
I almost died of fanboyism when all the supernovas were introduced. Law and Hawkins (outside the strawhats) are my faves of the 11. They looked so badass in this ep.

While I think Kidd is a douche, it would be very stupid to underestimate him, you dont get 315 million bounty just by killing civillains. He must have taken out some big shots and have some crazy feats. He is a douche but the dude is probably still very strong.

Now they need to properly introduce all the yonkous and admirals
Nov 17, 2012 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
Luffy's crew seems like the best though..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 19, 2012 3:36 AM

Nov 2012
JusticeGundam said:
I had nine different orgasms.

^this

Great episode! Law & Shakki seem really cool, I like their seiyuus. Kidd kinda looks like the Joker.

For some reason, I expected Bonney to be similar to Perona. Boy, was I wrong..
Jun 28, 2013 8:47 PM
Feb 2013
this looks like to be a good arc
Aug 21, 2013 2:07 PM

Apr 2012
THAT WAS SO COOL!!!!!
god i absolutely loved how they introduced the rookies.
my favorite is definitely Law <3 i noticed his voice actor is the same guy who voices Levi from SnK? AMAZING <33 JDSFLSJDLVKC
wow the plot for this arc has barely started and i'm already super pumped!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2014 2:45 PM

Dec 2012
maltesers said:
I loved the bit when Chopper thought he had to pay for the fairy floss, lol.

so damn cuuuute ^_^

Ok, this episode was simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The introduction was one of the coolest things ever and made me wanna see even more what's next!
So far I liked a lot Law, Killer and Hawkins. But I do want them all to introduce themselves properly!
Jewelry Bonney reminds me of Revy from Black Lagoon don't know why XD And as for Kid I am pretty sure I would hate him XD
Zoro probably deserves a higher rank but after this arc he might get one .... I hope. I wish to see all Staw Hats fight. I mean there are so many new interesting faces to defeat :P
p.s. smokes don't write details that haven't been mentioned at the anime yet please (well I hardly doubt you would read this but anyway)
Sep 21, 2014 11:06 PM

Jan 2014
The 11 Supernovas. This scene was so hype the first time around and every time after.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Sep 22, 2014 3:15 PM

Oct 2013
Can't wait for the fight's to begin.

Jun 12, 2015 12:01 AM

Jun 2015
100 TIMES STRONGER!!!!!!!
Sep 2, 2015 4:30 PM
Jul 2018
Very nice episode, the other 9 rookies looked pretty cool. Ready to see them all start fighting. wonder who the Straw Hats will face off with first?
Mar 24, 2016 9:09 PM

May 2013
LOL as much as I love Brook, I wouldn't mind shipping him with Shakky lolol xD she was even gonna answer his panties question HAHAHA
Jul 25, 2016 9:34 AM

Mar 2015
Wow nice to see that there are other rival rookie pirates with excessive bounties.
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 12, 2016 12:53 PM
Dec 2015
Who would in an eating contest, Straw Hat Luffy or Glutton Jewelry Bonney? Cast your votes guys and gals!
Oct 25, 2016 11:28 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
nice new pirates.

Mar 12, 2017 7:37 PM

May 2014
This episode went by really fast!
And wow, really got the feeling that the wheels are turning yet again now that the Straw Hats are in the same place as all these big-shots.

With all these awesome looking Supernovas with massive bounties, Luffy and co. are slowly becoming very small fish in a very big pond.

I expected Law's bounty to be higher though tbh...Kid has one big, fat bounty though that's for sure! I think Imma like that dude- he seems pretty chaotic!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2017 12:03 PM

Jun 2015
It's always exciting to know new people.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 26, 2017 7:12 PM

Dec 2014
introduction to a large amount of strong people.
SH's still got 2 100+million dollar bounties on their team so it seems like they're doing very well compared to them
Jan 18, 2019 4:02 AM

Jun 2016
This was a really cool episode and I finally met Law! I cannot count the amount of avatars I see of him. So many people use him as a profile picture. Let's see just why he is so loved! I noticed he had a sword so if this was any other arc I would assume he would fight Zoro but there was also Drake and Killer who used blades and with the amount of people at play here and no set moral alignment for each, well I can't be sure for what will happen at all. That is awesome.

Really, to introduce 9 other people around the caliber of Luffy is exciting! Luffy is not an underdog here and he doesn't have any clear enemies or friends out of this group, the only people we know for sure are going to be antagonists to him are the Celestial Dragons. Although some like the mobster and Kid and Killer seem like they will definitely be on the evil side of things, we can't say that for sure. We may see some allegiances or friendships formed as well as rivalries and enemies formed. Perhaps the navy will make a raid for the Celestial Dragons and the pirates will work together in fighting against them. There's many directions this could go and this arc feels like it's really breaking the common structure of One Piece. Whereas most arcs have different story elements and character elements at play and are very entertaining it's often the case that you can predict the beginning, middle, and end even if the connecting parts are harder to do so with. Here it seems like there are so many possibilites and directions this could go! Woo! Is this the risky structure changes I've wanted all this time?!

I love how Luffy listened to all the danger surrounding him and his response was not to worry about it and have fun until the time comes to deal with it. He took it seriously but there wasn't a single moment that phased him.

Honestly, I was worried for the separated crew regarding the Celestial Dragons but now... you know Zoro or Sanji or Franky will pick a fight with some dude with a 200 million bounty... LOL!

I'm thinking those low level bounty hunters we started the episode with will try and get a Celestial Dragon to take Camie, they seemed to think she was an important person or perhaps they just want to kidnap her for profit. Yet, if you think about Enies Lobby, Luffy literally put himself at war with the world by burning the world governments flag for his friends sake. There is no way he would sit back and let that happen to Camie, he would certainly fight against the navy again. There is no doubt in my mind. So, for whenever that happens if it does I think it will be a huge game changer in the arc.

As for the power level discussion going on in this thread, Luffy can take down Warlords but he struggles and nearly kills himself to do so. Admirals are probably around their level from my understanding of them working together, yet perhaps stronger because Aokiji kicks some butt. And, Emperors would be in my guess the strongest people in the universe. The navy and the warlords work together to stop their absolute control. However, Shakky saying her husband is 100 times stronger than Luffy means two things to me. Perhaps he is an Emperor of the sea but that one would be a curveball, or she just doesn't know how strong Luffy is. She hasn't seen him fight and she hasn't seen what he's capable of. She has information on him but the World Government tried really hard to hide a lot of the details. I think that line she gave was just assumption and nothing to go off of. The interesting thing however, is that Luffy really does seem like a rookie in the broad scheme of things!
Jul 31, 2020 1:23 PM

May 2016
This episode was hype incarnate, introducing all these really powerful characters who will definitely have important roles throughout the duration of the series! It's a very nice feeling to finally meet characters I've heard about from others and it's pretty wild that I've actually reached this point in the anime.

Shakki entertaining every one of Hachi's friends especially Brook was really entertaining, that's for sure~

Aug 5, 2020 6:42 PM

May 2020
Wow, this looks like They'll have a lot of opportunities to really test their strength against all of these new high bounty pirates!!

Also since the military is around, their bounties might go up as of result.
Sep 14, 2020 5:51 AM

Dec 2007
the power rating by the bounty reminds me a little DBZ, anyway things are going to be interesting.

i can't wait for luffi to beat some dragon celestial and a mess will start~~
May 26, 2021 3:16 AM

Jun 2019
Oh boy... it has started... LOL
Jul 6, 2021 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
FUCK YEAH 11 SUPERNOVAS

Aug 10, 2021 5:03 AM

Aug 2021
omg so many new faces :D
I'll love to see Jewelry Bonney meeting with luffy XD
Apr 17, 2022 5:55 AM

Oct 2019
Man One piece introducing such variety of characters at once is commendable to me they all look worthy and i thing we gonna see few them in future also ಠᴥಠ.
Btw y they didnt told wht Shakky chan colour of panties are?(ب_ب)
Well so we have a Female Luffy , a fatty boss , a Fortune teller, a kid , a former Navy , a swordsman , a weird face , a gaint. Man! This is gonna be fun in new world ಠ ೧ ಠ.
Harshal_SApr 17, 2022 6:01 AM

“If you want to know who you are, you have to look at your real self and acknowledge what you see.”
- Itachi Uchiha

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein

Jun 2, 2022 10:14 AM

Dec 2021
Chopper getting cotton candy was very cute and Brook flirting with Shakky hahahha XD
Aug 22, 2022 3:11 PM

Apr 2018
This episode was awesome! Most likely Luffy will go against Captain Kid. But I wonder if Luffy will go against the Gluttony girl.
Feb 24, 2023 10:06 AM
Aug 2020
ayyy its the Law Cock moment
Mar 6, 2023 11:01 PM
Jun 2022
badass intros very exciting to see
Jun 4, 2023 9:44 PM
Oct 2019
So many new characters, i think Lqw is the only one that i have seen before from the internet for years.

Damn that Pink hair girl though 😍
Jul 5, 2023 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
I love when a ton of new characters get introduced, it makes you realise that Luffy’s crew is nothing special and that plenty are doing the same.

Trafalgar Law seems to have a flag similar to Doflamingo’s but the one that was shown in Mock town had a cross going through the skull and didn’t have those lines coming out of it.
Aug 4, 2023 3:26 AM

Oct 2019
Many new characters were introduced!! Law is the only one I've heard about before. 

Oct 25, 2023 12:03 AM

Mar 2017
Wow.. So many new characters. Was getting a bit of a HxH vibe this episode. Exciting stuff!! Really hyped on this new arc.
bingamu85Oct 26, 2023 4:34 AM
Jan 1, 1:30 AM

Dec 2022
Man all those introductions gave me goosebumps. There are alot of fights on the horizon and I'm excited for it.

Yesterday, 2:05 PM

Dec 2022
forgot what an Immense quantity of character introductions this arc has
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 400 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Miked - May 9, 2009

135 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 399 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faded_Star - Feb 14, 2009

92 by gannoncannon55 »»
30 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 398 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 26, 2009

95 by gannoncannon55 »»
49 minutes ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 381 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Dec 14, 2008

93 by KoniginElle »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.