Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2009 6:57 PM
Jul 2008
what is the meaning of everything! It's 21 - second to last ending!! and they still hadn't explained the vast plane, the doll, the mysterious illness, the light orbs...

Nagisa... Ushio... Doste ~~~
Mar 11, 2009 10:21 PM

Dec 2007
Cmon, season 3! haha
I would like to see Ushio survive, but then again it could turn out like Nagisa ;_;

and yea, the double/triple/___ posting is a glitch
my previous post i hit "post message" once but it came out twice

Xrave said:
what is the meaning of everything! It's 21 - second to last ending!! and they still hadn't explained the vast plane, the doll, the mysterious illness, the light orbs...

you should play the game
Mar 12, 2009 1:35 AM

Nov 2007
i dont know if i've ever wanted to cry so much from 1 single anime.. sunflower scene got me and nagisa's death now ushio................ but mostly the sunflower scene. i couldnt bear it. WTFFFFFFFFFFFF if tomoya did get that light of happiness that ushio saw doesnt that mean he can make a wish for ushio? if it comes from the deepest desires of his heart? cuz it did land in his chest and there was also the snowflake that melted in his heart. foreshadow? also if "deep connections" thing about the alternate worlds theory is true, doesnt it have to do with the wishes that tomoya and akki made?
Mar 12, 2009 2:55 AM

Jan 2009
yoshiness said:
Cmon, season 3! haha
I would like to see Ushio survive, but then again it could turn out like Nagisa ;_;

and yea, the double/triple/___ posting is a glitch
my previous post i hit "post message" once but it came out twice

Xrave said:

you should play the game

That's the only problem I have if they try a supernatural type ending. For those that haven't played the game have no clue as to what orbs, doll, and girl vice versa. They only briefly mentioned it once I believe about an alternate world. To throw all that in one episode is a shame, if they go that way....
Mar 12, 2009 8:46 AM

Jun 2007
It is mentioned briefly about 4 or 5 times through season 1 into 2, explained a little more in depth in season 2 (by Misae and Yukine), and then the illusionary world is explained a bit (theory wise) by Kotomi in the first half of ep 16.
Mar 12, 2009 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
Everything about the Illusionary World will be explained in chapter 22.

This is what happens in the game (spoilers obviously):

Mar 13, 2009 10:53 AM

Dec 2008
after losing my comments about this episode due to the server crash, i will try to resurrect my old post:

i dont think ushio died in this episode, because all we saw is that she lost consciousness.
well, that "papa... daisuki" gave me the final blow, i was deeply depressed for the rest of the day. damn this show is like a roller coaster of emotions..........

this show is on the same level of making me suffer, like Air did.
no wonder both are made from the same coldhearted companies... >_>"
Mar 13, 2009 3:11 PM

Feb 2009
Predseln said:

well, that "papa... daisuki" gave me the final blow, i was deeply depressed for the rest of the day. damn this show is like a roller coaster of emotions..........

this show is on the same level of making me suffer, like Air did.
no wonder both are made from the same coldhearted companies... >_>"

QFT. Oh man, I finished this ep last night and I'm still all depressed about it. Hurry up, SS Eclipse Subs for #22
Mar 13, 2009 9:48 PM

Feb 2009
one of my favorite series i'll never forget it

though it doesn't come until later but it's just so sad X/
Mar 14, 2009 12:10 PM

May 2008
Miertje86 said:
Another tear jerking episode for me, but I'm still hoping for a good ending.
Same here
Mar 15, 2009 2:46 AM

Jan 2009
Well this episode could very well be a sad ending for this Tomoya's long and painful journey. The episode was amazing, I kinda predicted what would happen when Tomoya took Ushio out... "Do you like snow, daddy?" *tears*
Mar 16, 2009 1:25 PM

Sep 2007
Nagisa's death didn't even make me tear up so you can imagine what Ushio's death did - nothing =/ That said, Clannad did a nice job trying to make me cry. Even Air made me tear up a bit.
Mar 21, 2009 6:30 AM

Nov 2007
T_T Ushio!
Mar 21, 2009 6:33 AM

Nov 2007
Wot, doublepost
shewanieMar 21, 2009 8:02 AM
Mar 27, 2009 8:41 PM

Feb 2008
Poor Tomoya! He's going to hang himself or something after this...I'm sad Ushio died like that, I was kind of hoping we'd see her grow up...
Apr 3, 2009 7:02 PM

Nov 2006
It was sad...but not as sad as when Nagisa died. Me thinks it's because it was so sudden with some quick foreshadowing. Come to think of it...it kinda felt like the end of Air.
Apr 4, 2009 10:20 AM

Oct 2007
This show is a lesson in how to break a man.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 4, 2009 4:39 PM

Oct 2008
Wow how much can Tomoya withstand, so many people die in his arms. What the, final episode? I thought 23 was final and 24 was the special episode.

Hate that this show is finished soon.
Apr 8, 2009 6:14 PM

May 2008
Wow, just when I thought it couldn't be any more sad after Nagisa died and then this happens. I dunno what Tomoya did to deserve all of this... just wow.
Apr 21, 2009 4:45 AM

Feb 2008
I've accidentally opened a spoiler and already expecting this even when AS haven't aired yet..

But...

Didn't expect it to be straight forward...

This will be like Higurashi from now on...
May 18, 2009 2:47 AM
Apr 2009
Jeez, how much abuse can one man take? He feels attached to a certain individual and they end up dying in front of his eyes.

I really did not expect her to die, I thought she'd be the one to bring happiness into his life, but God damn was I wrong. Why did she have to be so stubborn about that trip?
May 22, 2009 8:43 AM

Sep 2008
nihil said:
do they all have to die in tomoya's arms? ;____;
poor guy.

Indeed. ;_;
Arrggh.. I refuse to believe this.
Why must everybody die?
Jun 2, 2009 9:11 PM

Sep 2008
WELL! fuck Tomoya's life!
Jun 16, 2009 7:05 AM

Mar 2009
This episode made me cry......big time. When they steped out of the door, i was like "no.no.no.no!" and then i cried when she died and Tomoyas eyes went O.O

!Damn, im HOT today! :D!
Jun 19, 2009 1:51 AM

Jun 2009
guys can anyone confirm at 19:07 i saw a person on the 1st floor..or maybe not
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jun 19, 2009 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
Poor Tomoya.
Jun 19, 2009 7:48 AM

Jun 2009
zinvince said:
guys can anyone confirm at 19:07 i saw a person on the 1st floor..or maybe not

There was definately someone. A male. Looks like either Yoshino, Tomoya or his father.
Jun 20, 2009 4:35 AM

Jun 2009
Yeah, the scene at the snow was very sad. As for the person being at 19.07, yes, there was someone there. I think it was Yoshino Yusuke.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 3, 2009 3:59 AM

Jun 2009
A bad chapter,coz it makes me close to cry a lot .
I can't believe it !
Why must be like that??
I haven't got the main purpose of life.Have you?
Jul 12, 2009 6:46 AM

Jun 2009
Oh the pain was greatest when we realized Ushio was also going to die. It's like Tomoya suffered so much, and made so much progress, only to have it all lost. Ouch.
Fear the finger of death
Jul 13, 2009 1:07 AM

Jul 2009
Hm that scene when Ushio and Tomoya walked together in the snow kinda reminded me of the scene at the beginning, where the girl and her doll walk together in the snow ^^
Destiny~
Jul 14, 2009 7:22 AM

Jun 2009
I thought so too. Glad it wasnt just me who thought so.
Jul 16, 2009 1:09 AM

Jun 2009
That happens in 1 time,but in different world .
But,it was changed when the girl in illusionary world told to the garbage doll that she will not be in there again .
Jul 16, 2009 2:47 AM

Jan 2008
NOOOOO, freaking.....Nagisa, Ushio...
But more importantly, poor Tomoya.
Jul 17, 2009 12:51 AM

Jun 2009
Ushio died.. I couldn't believe it. It's like fate is just taking a crap on Tomoya. Everytime he achieves happiness, that person dies. Man..
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 18, 2009 12:46 AM

Jun 2009
Wonder how many more people are going to die that mean something to Tomoya =/
Jul 19, 2009 5:38 AM

Jun 2009
Poor Tomoya .
I never imagined if his life could be happened in true life .
I mean,someone in this world has the same life like Tomoya .
TTwTT
Jul 22, 2009 9:46 PM

Jun 2009
aero said:
NOOOOO, freaking.....Nagisa, Ushio...
But more importantly, poor Tomoya.

I know, I was thinking that the man suffered so much, death might have been the ultimate gift to him. So tragic.

usasoldiern said:
Ushio died.. I couldn't believe it. It's like fate is just taking a crap on Tomoya. Everytime he achieves happiness, that person dies. Man..

I kno rite. What ill fate.

brinan said:
Wonder how many more people are going to die that mean something to Tomoya =/

A lot. Tomoya just has a rotten life.

Raven_Ichigami said:
Poor Tomoya .
I never imagined if his life could be happened in true life .
I mean,someone in this world has the same life like Tomoya .
TTwTT

Now, that would be really sad.
Fear the finger of death
Aug 2, 2009 4:01 PM
Aug 2009
******EXTRA GALACTIC SPOILER ALERT*****

Greetings, Fair Gentles! This is my first post and I am honored to have found such a great group who care about the Important Things - like good anime.

And after seeing Air first, the Clannad (2006), and Kanon, I feel that Key is a very important studio that is doing amazing and original work. And to start off with erotic games with stories so strong they get made into great "mainstream" anime is an amazing thing.

Now, I did have a bit of dread about this After Story, I mean I cried like a baby so many time during Clannad and the movie and it was clear after the first few episodes that I would have to witness the death of sweet Nagisa again. And that brings us to this episode.

Tomoya kills Ushio with his neglect. That is what I go from this.

This was not sad....it-makes-me-MAD! I mean, I am about to explode Neo-Tokyo or turn into a thousand Hulks ANGER!

First, a doctor comes to your house and says your daughter is sick and gonna die, you do not accept and hang your head - nnnoooooooooooo.

Maybe it is just the deep cultural differences but Tomoya should shaking the pillars of Hell or storm the Gates of Heaven or at least go to that shiny new hospital and DEMAND that they do everything humanly possible to save Ushio.

Where is that Japanese fighting spirit? MAKENAI!

And finally, he takes her out in the cold and snow and she dies.

HE KILLED HER! YOU DO NOT TAKE A SICK CHILD OUT IN THE SNOW!

I so still soooo amazingly anger and it has been months since I have seen it but I just cannot get over this.

I want Tomoya punished. And how could everyone - especially Akio and Sanae, leave this stupid young father who just lost his wife alone with this dying child.

AAAGGGGGHHHH!!!!

I read that Japan just had it's first jury trial. Judge or Jury, I think either would find that Tomoya is responsible for the death of Ushio and deserves at least 10 years or so in prison to think about his child care skills. And maybe a vasectomy, too.

I wish I had never started this After Story. I hate it.
Aug 2, 2009 4:19 PM

May 2009
You're looking at it with the wrong angle. Ushio was going to die anyway, sooner or later, and Tomoya knew that deep in himself. After loosing Nagisa, he could not bear to loose someone else so dear for him, and so he decided to take the only last chance he could see to save Ushio (and him), that is going back the the sunflowers' field (he was in a very bad shape at that time too, there are some clues about it during the episode, and we see him dying just after Ushio). You can't blame him, everything else failed before, he just didn't know what to do.
Aug 6, 2009 10:44 AM

Oct 2008
Perhaps, it was better for Tomoya to ignore Nagisa at the very beginning if tragedies await..

Aug 6, 2009 6:55 PM
Aug 2009
Tabrisrp said:
You're looking at it with the wrong angle. Ushio was going to die anyway, sooner or later, and Tomoya knew that deep in himself..

I do not believe anyone knew that. I do not believe that Tomoya did enough to see if Ushio could be saved.

Tabrisrp said:
After loosing Nagisa, he could not bear to loose someone else so dear for him, and so he decided to take the only last chance ...You can't blame him, everything else failed before, he just didn't know what to do.

Well, who *is* to blame? There is enough to go around. Ushio grandparents should have NEVER left Tomoya alone. Tomoya's famiy was clearly dyfunctional but that does not excuse, it only explains.

And I am sure part my reaction is cultural. I do not pretend to understand or even agree 100% with the Japanese way of seeing thing - any more than I agree 100% with my own sexist and racism culture (Texan).

but MADE ME MAD...and still does. I hate it.

Your mileage will vary.
Aug 18, 2009 3:36 PM

Jun 2009
And this is why Tomoya should have married Kotomi, Tomoyo or Kyou!
Aug 29, 2009 5:47 PM

Jun 2009
The ending is really annoying, it ruins the mood, they should put a happy scene before the ending or do a special ending
Sep 7, 2009 6:52 PM

Aug 2009
WTF OH NO THEY DID NOT JUST GO THERE
EVERYONE DIED NOOOO BULLSHIT MOTHERFUCKER WOW

FIRST OF ALL, YOU DON'T GO OUT WITH YOUR DAUGHTER WHO'S BEEN SICK FOR MONTHS IN A SNOWY DAY. WOW RIDICULOUS MOTHERFUCKER

I'm ranting because I'm sad. :(
Sep 14, 2009 1:18 PM
Jul 2018
When Nagisa died, I kinda knew it would happen...

But THIS...! Was genuine sadness...

I haven't felt true sadness from both series yet until now!

Each Key series had at least a couple of them. Air was in episode 7, 10, and 12. Kanon was in ep 9, 22 and one more, can't remember which ep...

While I still don't consider Clannad to be best out of the bunch, I will give credit to how After Story cleaned up it's act, and got to be the Key story it was supposed to be all along!
Sep 19, 2009 6:56 PM

Aug 2009
The producers are the cruelest people ever.
I'd do ANYTHING to bring back Nagisa and Ushio this very moment.

COME ON! AS IF IT'S NOT ENOUGH THAT UR WIFE'S DEAD, NOW UR DAUGHTER IS TOO!

WHO CAN TAKE THAT MUCH?!

Tomoya would just commit suicide. All big dango family dead. Sadly never after. THE END.

Though i doubt Akio and Sanae would follow..
Sep 26, 2009 12:05 AM

Oct 2008
God shit damn fucking hell
I can't fucking stop crying, damn it
<('-'<) <( '-' )> (>'-')>
Oct 20, 2009 2:43 PM
Jun 2008
Noooo!!! What happened to Clannad???
Why everyone need to die? >.<
Oct 30, 2009 2:40 AM

Oct 2009
The only reason I didn't cry during this episode because I don't have any tears left from the past two episodes. Come on Ushio...
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

angel999 - Oct 23, 2008

319 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 14, 10:59 PM

» Hopefully this isn't annoying

Ricdumb - Apr 10

0 by Ricdumb »»
Apr 10, 8:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 16, 2008

260 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kiseki - Oct 2, 2008

347 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 7, 6:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.