Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]
Jan 23, 2014 6:51 PM

Sep 2011
BloodRequiem said:
LOL oh god. They could have helped properly clean up Fukushima with that money but no, they decide to make a season 2.

Are you serious about this statement?
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jan 23, 2014 7:08 PM

Jul 2008
BloodRequiem said:
LOL oh god. They could have helped properly clean up Fukushima with that money but no, they decide to make a season 2.

I agree but not for the same reason.
Anime is entertainment, the Earth is much more important so yes I believe that cleaning up this world is more important than entertainment.

But since you are doing a direct attack on this show alone then obviously all the money that was used to buy you food, clothes and allow you to have some kind of education was completely wasted if you can't understand simple principle like everyone is entitled to like what they want.

The show sold a lot meaning a lot of people were and are ready to pay for it. No matter how you perceive it, it's a commercial success and even if it's nothing more than that, your opinion (or anyone else's) will not change that.

-Someone who's exhausted after a hard day of work and like to take not serious post more seriously than they were intended.
Jan 24, 2014 6:18 AM
Nov 2013
Even though SAO was very flawed in some aspects, they still made a LOT of money from it. The way i see it, SAO 2 is probably going to be very similar to the first. After all, its not about having a good plot or character development. Its about the money, so the more fanservice it has, the more fans it has, the more haters it has(not like the producers give a shit) and the more money they get.
Jan 24, 2014 6:35 AM

Jul 2013
Shangetsu said:
Satan-sama said:
!@#$ this, they won't even follow the manga, it's not like they followed it in the previous season.. the previous season was overrated and made a huge hype but this time m sure that it won't work out.. lol unless they make an original story without any disgusting romance in it..

-SAO isn't adapted from a manga but from a light novel
-SAO did follow the light novel for the whole season
-Romance is part of SAO's success, remove it and now it there're chances it won't sell.

You're free to say whatever you want but at least try to get your facts right.

This.
Jan 24, 2014 6:59 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:
YamashitaRen said:
Nidhoeggr said:
But I'm sorry to inform you that this subconscious teenager fantasy is still not good writing even if you love it. Is it so hard to admit that you like bad writing?

This is why I loved the anime. The LN was so much under my reading standards that I couldn't come to read it. The anime, however, is a nice show and is imo the best support to enjoy the SAO universe :)

So, assuming that the LN indeed that bad, the anime which is even worse is better?

Maybe the anime as bad when it comes to preserving the entire source material, but better for non-LN readers because of the changed timeline that at least tries to give SAO a feeling of progression instead of being just a collection of scenes created to cater to a specific crowd?
NidhoeggrJan 24, 2014 7:12 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Jan 24, 2014 7:54 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:
YamashitaRen said:
Nidhoeggr said:
But I'm sorry to inform you that this subconscious teenager fantasy is still not good writing even if you love it. Is it so hard to admit that you like bad writing?

This is why I loved the anime. The LN was so much under my reading standards that I couldn't come to read it. The anime, however, is a nice show and is imo the best support to enjoy the SAO universe :)

So, assuming that the LN indeed that bad, the anime which is even worse is better?

Maybe the anime as bad when it comes to preserving the entire source material, but better for non-LN readers because of the changed timeline that at least tries to give SAO a feeling of progression instead of being just a collection of scenes created to cater to a specific crowd?

You sure love to make fun of "specific" people.
Jan 24, 2014 8:53 AM

Apr 2009
Everybody makes fun of otakus. And they deserve it.
But seriously, learn to differenciate between your person and your interests.
NidhoeggrJan 24, 2014 8:59 AM
Jan 24, 2014 9:01 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
Everybody makes fun of otakus. And they deserve it.

Is this a superiority or an inferiority complex?I am not sure.
Jan 24, 2014 9:05 AM

Apr 2009
It's called a humorous attempt. No biggie, I know the net is not the ideal medium for that.
Jan 24, 2014 9:09 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
It's called a humorous attempt. No biggie, I know the net is not the ideal medium for that.
It could be funny, if you didnt try to make fun of them in many of your posts for praising something you dont.
Jan 25, 2014 5:30 AM
Oct 2012
I'm starting to lose my faith in Japanese tastes.

I had claimed that I'll watch Anime no matter how old I am. If this continues, it seems I'll be dropping Anime soon....
Jan 25, 2014 5:37 AM

Aug 2009
kagamiin said:

I had claimed that I'll watch Anime no matter how old I am. If this continues, it seems I'll be dropping Anime soon....

Funny.
It isnt like "shitty"series were always coming out EVERY year since anime were made.
And isnt like there are so many anime coming each year with some being "not shitty"
Jan 25, 2014 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
I'm starting to get curious if the people who are clamoring the idea that anime are getting more "shitty" in recent years have actually been paying attention to anime for 10 years back or so. The so-called "shitty" shows have actually been around far, far longer before i was born (I'm still 20 year old as of now). The only differences is that there are much more anime produced in recent years, added with the boom of internet, making the "shitty" shows stand out more than they ever did before. Granted, i'm willing to bet that most people here even had no idea that vast majority of OVAs produced on early 80s were of hardcore rape hentai (with tentacle rape being the most prominent)
Jan 25, 2014 5:51 AM
Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
kagamiin said:

Funny.
It isnt like "shitty"series were always coming out EVERY year since anime were made.
And isnt like there are so many anime coming each year with some being "not shitty"

Don't really want to argue with you. Especially not here.
And seriously, stop being retarded enough to pick up a fight with anyone who expresses his opinion. I just expressed my disappointment to this news. I can see you guys are fighting since 3-4 pages.
Jan 25, 2014 6:06 AM

Aug 2009
kagamiin said:
ssjokg said:
kagamiin said:

Funny.

Don't really want to argue with you. Especially not here.
And seriously, stop being retarded enough to pick up a fight with anyone who expresses his opinion. I just expressed my disappointment to this news. I can see you guys are fighting since 3-4 pages.

Your "opinion" is fucking retarded since you have no idea what you are talking about, not about SAO but about anime in general.What I argue about with Nidhoeggr or any other user has nothing to do with that.And no If I was picking a fight with everyone that express their opinion then I would have 100000 posts or I would be perm banned.
Jan 25, 2014 6:29 AM

Apr 2009
You are always there when someone expresses discontent with your favourite escapist fantasy, though....

Amiluhur said:
I'm starting to get curious if the people who are clamoring the idea that anime are getting more "shitty" in recent years have actually been paying attention to anime for 10 years back or so. The so-called "shitty" shows have actually been around far, far longer before i was born (I'm still 20 year old as of now). The only differences is that there are much more anime produced in recent years, added with the boom of internet, making the "shitty" shows stand out more than they ever did before. Granted, i'm willing to bet that most people here even had no idea that vast majority of OVAs produced on early 80s were of hardcore rape hentai (with tentacle rape being the most prominent)

Sturgeon's Law is a wonderful thing, too bad most people forget about it. However, the content is clearly targeted at a more niche audience now when we look at most titles who are produced right now. But that is only a symptom of demographic changes going on in Japan right now.
Jan 25, 2014 6:35 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
You are always there when someone expresses discontent with your favourite escapist fantasy, though....

And you are always there to attack people that, like things you dont instead of your "favorite escapist fantasy", with ad hominem and standards you created for yourself.
Jan 25, 2014 6:36 AM

Mar 2012
So I just got back from being banned and realised that this thread had been going on since the start of the month.

You know, for people who claim to loathe the show so deeply you guys sure like to talk about it.
Jan 25, 2014 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Nidhoeggr said:

While I agree with you on that, there is a clean difference between expressing discontent and saying bullshit.

When you don't like something it is perfectly acceptable to say why but sometime some people are so... weird.
Saying they don't like a show because of X flaws while these X flaws are also in their favorite shows is hypocritical.
Saying they don't like a show because of a X element that isn't even present in the said show but come from assumption is not only stupid, it's also misleading for anyone that read their posts.
Saying that a show is bad because of it's fan-base, trying to sound funny or to simply ride onto some bandwagon is unnecessary

I also dislike when people like something simply because everyone else is liking it or are praising some interpretative quality like everyone should like as much as them.

While I think that debate are important, I also think that most people on MAL aren't able to hold one properly and if I have to choose between having someone say bullshit in a hate post or a nonsensical love post, I'll take the love post.
Jan 25, 2014 6:57 AM

Apr 2009
Shangetsu said:
Nidhoeggr said:

While I agree with you on that, there is a clean difference between expressing discontent and saying bullshit.

When you don't like something it is perfectly acceptable to say why but sometime some people are so... weird.
Saying they don't like a show because of X flaws while these X flaws are also in their favorite shows is hypocritical.
Saying they don't like a show because of a X element that isn't even present in the said show but come from assumption is not only stupid, it's also misleading for anyone that read their posts.
Saying that a show is bad because of it's fan-base, trying to sound funny or to simply ride onto some bandwagon is unnecessary

I also dislike when people like something simply because everyone else is liking it or are praising some interpretative quality like everyone should like as much as them.

While I think that debate are important, I also think that most people on MAL aren't able to hold one properly and if I have to choose between having someone say bullshit in a hate post or a nonsensical love post, I'll take the love post.

True, all of my favourites have some pretty big flaws and I can't stand this hipster attitude either. I could easily list tons of flaws in one Piece and I would never put it out of my favourites just because it happens to be the bestselling manga of all time (which sadly happened to a another person I know irl as soon as they heard how big OP is). And I couldn't choose, both are hyperboles of acceptable opinions turned into absurdity at times.
Jan 25, 2014 9:04 AM

Apr 2012
So wait, you basically agreed with Shangetsu that completely follows the opposite of your ideas?

On those ideas themselves?

Are you fucking kidding me?

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 25, 2014 10:08 PM

May 2013
Guns might make SAO better, but you never know. I liked SAO because it was medieval styled so who knows.
Jan 25, 2014 11:25 PM

Jan 2014
I think I prefer SAO when it still using a swords..
but.. guns cool too.. I think I will like it :D *smirk*
Jan 26, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2009
l love Sword Art Online
Jan 26, 2014 9:31 AM

Jan 2014
I'm looking forward <3
Jan 26, 2014 10:00 AM
Jan 2013
Hmmm...just hope it's get more better.
Jan 26, 2014 11:19 AM

Mar 2012
This is actually good news in my opinion, for how bad SAO was, the forum threads made up for it 110%.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 27, 2014 7:39 AM

Jun 2012
SeibaaHomu said:
(.,,)

You know, for people who claim to loathe the show so deeply you guys sure like to talk about it.

lol so true

- I only draw freestyle! -
Jan 27, 2014 8:51 AM

Jul 2008
Aozumi said:
SeibaaHomu said:
(.,,)

lol so true

Everyone is tsundere to at least a few select shows.
Jan 28, 2014 9:17 AM

Nov 2013
RichardSherman said:
Shangetsu said:
Aozumi said:
SeibaaHomu said:
(.,,)

lol so true

Everyone is tsundere to at least a few select shows.

Yeah, they actually love them to bits. They eat, sleep, and dream SAO hate. They even decorate their rooms with SAO hate. Oh my, do we have SAO hate otakus out there in this world? D:

It looks like it.
Jan 28, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2012
RichardSherman said:

Yeah, they actually love them to bits. They eat, sleep, and dream SAO hate. They even decorate their rooms with SAO hate. Oh my, do we have SAO hate otakus out there in this world? D:

It would appear there are some that eat, sleep, and dream of SAO haters. Tell me, do you decorate your room with SAO haters? Are you a SAO hater otaku?

I'm intrigued.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Jan 28, 2014 11:26 AM

Mar 2008
This is excellent news :D, I can't wait to watch this sequel :).

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan
Jan 28, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2012
RichardSherman said:

You're trying to be funny, which you're not, stop.

Answering your question, I dislike people who seem erudite and scholarly but just use it to mock others, it seriously makes me question human nature here, and this is coming from someone who does well in school and knows a lot of the stuff they're using to mock SAO fans. SAO hate is probably the prime example of this.

Read my previous post regarding the issue, it's one thing to utilize learned ideals, but to use it to mock people shouldn't be how it's done if you're going by the said philosophies of some of them. I just don't find it classy, I find it shallow.

Not being funny at all, only simply pointing out how hypocritical you seem to be.

If you get easily angered, offended, or pass someone off as simply mocking because someone repeated what you said to prove a point, I'm afraid the internet is not the place for you. Truthfully, socializing may not be for you.

All you seem to be doing, is using SAO hate, to "hate" SAO haters.

You do well in school, Congratulations. I hope you earn your diploma/degree/whatever. Book smarts, however, doesn't equate to social skills though.

EDIT: I know you'll probably read this again, but if you're going to post comments degrading others, you might want to be prepared to back it up and be able to respond to criticism. All the same, you may delete your comments, but they are still quoted within my responses.

Good luck on your education though. If you're in college, I recommend a public speaking course as an elective, it'll improve your skillset, trust me.
Venom900Jan 28, 2014 12:37 PM

Jan 28, 2014 2:33 PM

Jan 2013
Venom900 said:
RichardSherman said:

You're trying to be funny, which you're not, stop.

Answering your question, I dislike people who seem erudite and scholarly but just use it to mock others, it seriously makes me question human nature here, and this is coming from someone who does well in school and knows a lot of the stuff they're using to mock SAO fans. SAO hate is probably the prime example of this.

Read my previous post regarding the issue, it's one thing to utilize learned ideals, but to use it to mock people shouldn't be how it's done if you're going by the said philosophies of some of them. I just don't find it classy, I find it shallow.

Not being funny at all, only simply pointing out how hypocritical you seem to be.

If you get easily angered, offended, or pass someone off as simply mocking because someone repeated what you said to prove a point, I'm afraid the internet is not the place for you. Truthfully, socializing may not be for you.

All you seem to be doing, is using SAO hate, to "hate" SAO haters.

You do well in school, Congratulations. I hope you earn your diploma/degree/whatever. Book smarts, however, doesn't equate to social skills though.

EDIT: I know you'll probably read this again, but if you're going to post comments degrading others, you might want to be prepared to back it up and be able to respond to criticism. All the same, you may delete your comments, but they are still quoted within my responses.

Good luck on your education though. If you're in college, I recommend a public speaking course as an elective, it'll improve your skillset, trust me.

I think he actually made the big mistake to take MAL posts seriously. Or Internet seriously.

People mock other show's and fan's taste all the time, why SAO would be any different? It is fun to Hate, we all get that.

Jan 29, 2014 1:31 AM
Jul 2018
If there's more romance, I will watch it. The action is okay too, but for gaming related reasons, I find the MMO/RPG qualities of SAO to be an eyesore. More romance please!
Jan 29, 2014 3:48 PM

Sep 2012
Aylaine said:
If there's more romance, I will watch it. The action is okay too, but for gaming related reasons, I find the MMO/RPG qualities of SAO to be an eyesore. More romance please!

For some reason, I don´t think this will happen, as much as I wanted it to. I mean, Asuna is a minor character in this arc, or so I´ve heard. Unless they pair Kirito with other girls, I really don´t see any good romance coming out of this season :/
Jan 29, 2014 8:38 PM

Oct 2013
TenYasha said:
Aylaine said:

For some reason, I don´t think this will happen, as much as I wanted it to. I mean, Asuna is a minor character in this arc, or so I´ve heard. Unless they pair Kirito with other girls, I really don´t see any good romance coming out of this season :/

for those who want much more information, I recommend reading the light novels, and going to the Sword Art Online wikia

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online_Wiki
Suzune-chanJan 30, 2014 3:19 PM

you know, I once said I'd never get addicted to something... well I'm still not

Forum Avatar Size needs an update to atleast 600kb instead of 51kb, can barely have any gif in here unless it's black and white aaaand they need to allow gifs -_-
Jan 29, 2014 8:59 PM

Oct 2013
Wraiyf said:
TenYasha said:
Aylaine said:

No, there won't be any romance this season, Sinon (Shino) develops feelings for Kirito near the end of this Arc, however other then that, there's no romance, however there are also the Mothers Rosario and Caliber arcs which are being rumored to appear in this season which will have romance between Asuna and Kirito/Kazuto

for those who want much more information, I recommend reading the light novels, and going to the Sword Art Online wikia

http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki/Sword_Art_Online_Wiki

Did I just read a spoiler?
Jan 30, 2014 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
TenYasha said:
Aylaine said:

That'd ruin it. They make a good couple. Hum, I might check it out then still. Not having any new ♥ really drops the appeal for me though.
Jan 30, 2014 8:34 PM

Jan 2014
Either way I'll be watching it eventually. For better or worse.
Let's be logical here.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (16) « First ... « 14 15 [16]

More topics from this board

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

5 by dimidrum »»
1 hour ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 6 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
3 hours ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
4 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 6 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
5 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.