Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 9, 2007 4:46 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It was a great episode once again! I laughed almost non-stop through the entire episode, except the decently sad ending. Poor Fuuko! I almost figured it would be something like that when she met her sister, but it was still sad.
Looking forward to the next episode, starfish ftw~
Nov 9, 2007 5:22 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007

I said 'Aww!' out loud when I saw sad Nagisa. I love it when Nagisa fantasizes about things involving her and Tomoya ^^. It was indeed a great episode, loved seeing Fuuko, Nagisa and Kyou in a maid outfit! <3

I also kinda knew what was going to happen at the end but it still got me. Looking forward to more!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 9, 2007 5:24 AM
May 2007
So we are finally getting into the more serious stuff.

Also got two masteries this episode, maybe it's to compensate for the lack of hit combos? =)

Nov 9, 2007 6:55 AM

Jan 2007
Excellent episode. A lot of hilarious moments. Loved the masteries and the scenes made by Tomoya and Fuko. What happend at the end was predictable but executed very well. Lookg forward to the next episode.
Nov 9, 2007 7:00 AM

Sep 2007
such a sad end T_T
it looked like fuko was mentally destroyed
and its good to see that she will recover next epi
hehe if i saw this it remind me of the lucky star twins XD
i want some too~~
Nov 9, 2007 7:50 AM

Jun 2007
awww my poor kawaii Fuko-chan you get mitsuki to take your star but your nee-san cant see you
quick go into your star fish seal
Nov 9, 2007 8:29 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
sevenf said:
I think I'm gonna drop this.. wrong direction... maids <3, though xD
Löl.

Tenshin said:
i want some too~~
Loved that scene! <3
cyruzNov 9, 2007 8:32 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 9, 2007 12:11 PM

Oct 2007
Great episode! Tomoya was amazing like always and I love Furukawa's parents. Fuko's dream was very nice too.
Want more!

Nov 9, 2007 2:54 PM

Oct 2007
I'm with everyone here... I loved this episode for all it's hilarious moments and the little predictable but sad ending. Can't wait till next week and I wonder what Tomoya will Master next? ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 9, 2007 2:58 PM

Jul 2007
The Good: Mascot of Doom
The Fucking A: Cosplay cafe!
The Key: .... Fu-chan... daijoubu... T_T

And I love how Mai Nakahara cries, always have since Strawberry Panic. It's so... real.
My first novel, Kardia has been published! Click here to read!
Nov 9, 2007 3:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Splitter said:
And I love how Mai Nakahara cries, [...]. It's so... real.

You can say that again. She's my personal fave of all seiyuus out there.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 9, 2007 3:05 PM

Nov 2006
:( Fuuko.
I hope she gets a good end.
Nov 9, 2007 3:31 PM

Oct 2007
i think that this seris is just getting better
it makes me want to cry and laugh at the same time!!
i feel really sorry for fuuko- can't wait to see what happens next.
We fly on the wings of the ones before us in order to say thank you at the end
Nov 9, 2007 5:09 PM
Aug 2007
Fuko was sooo adorable I luv her cuteness..... Cant believe what she said about Ibuki was true....
Nov 9, 2007 5:16 PM

Oct 2007
It was a class ep~! Loved it! >=D Fuko kawaii~ and Sunohara is funneh =D
Nov 9, 2007 6:54 PM

Mar 2007
Awwww, poor Fuko! *sob* ;____;

Otherwise, this episode was so damn funny. XDD Tomoyo + bear suit = OTP.
Nov 9, 2007 7:05 PM

Oct 2007
so sad for fuko T_T I hope it's a happy ending... awesome episode yet again though
Nov 9, 2007 7:42 PM

Aug 2007
niiiice waitress/meido and fuko's dream. lolss..
Nov 9, 2007 8:25 PM

Oct 2007
Its a amazing episode, love it all the way
Clannad is amazing :P
I love Okazaki and Fuko, they are the best!!! Fuko even has her own Fan club!!!

I am really curious as to why only the eldest Ibuki cannot see Fuko...
Its very weird since the whole school can see her...

All of the Furukawa family is hillarious, have you seen so much starfish bread before? :P

LOL @ the barrier that seals Fu-chan :P

What will they do... Okazaki gets his revenge and quenches her thirst at the same time :P lol

But lets not forget the futuristic story, Starfish attack number two!

Also when Okazaki was carrying Fuko, another weird dream she had :P
She must be having so much fun there :P

OK OK OK, who else thinks they look amazing in those outfits :P

l almost forgot about Youhei, we had some cute-looking scenes for him...
FriendlysoulNov 9, 2007 8:33 PM
Nov 9, 2007 8:52 PM

Oct 2007
Friendlysoul said:

Also when Okazaki was carrying Fuko, another weird dream she had :P
She must be having so much fun there :P

Oh god, I made the most hideous face when she was fantasizing about the dream she just had then. I starfish in a speedo and the overly-romanticized Okazaki made me want to die, lol.

Starfish master was awesome though, hehe.
Nov 9, 2007 9:15 PM

Jun 2007
the first laugh was pretty much with nagisas mom, she is always hilarious, nagise really resembles her xD
the second part that made me laugh out loud was the awesome story created by okasaki tomoya... fun!
and then, i laughed out loud again with the masteries, pretty awesome episode.

laughs followed by a sad ending, probably not the best combination, but its still a good one
also, lol at when fu-chan was on okasakis back, and she said horrible xD. she is getting cuter each episode =D
Nov 9, 2007 9:16 PM

Sep 2007
Cool episode. Can't wait for more. This series has gripped me and won't let go! XD

Fuko fan club ftw.

Nov 9, 2007 9:57 PM

Sep 2007
It cracks me up every time Fuko spaces out :P
Splitter said:
And I love how Mai Nakahara cries, always have since Strawberry Panic. It's so... real.

Never seen Strawberry Panic, but I thought she did an awesome cry in Mai-Hime. She's the best crier that I know so far :)
Nov 10, 2007 4:46 AM

Oct 2007
Fu-chan's starfish over-obsession is somewhat creepy. ._.
But her dream was hilarious XD
Nov 10, 2007 10:30 AM

Nov 2007
i liked this ep. Lol Fuko keeps on spacing out
Nov 10, 2007 11:31 AM

Jul 2007
Nice episode... but I feel so sorry for Fuko and Ibuki-Sensei it´s just so sad. I hope they show next episode more Kotomi also because she isn´t mutch in episodes yet and still she is a main charackter
Nov 10, 2007 11:32 AM

Jul 2007
I loved this episode <3
I love Fuko´s cuteness >w<
And the ending was so sad~ ;_;
Nov 10, 2007 12:19 PM

Mar 2005
eh...maybe i'm just in a not so good mood or something. not so enjoyable for me. not liking Fuko's arc very much, which is why I never finished it in the game. please let it end soon and not drag on forever like Makoto's arc in Kanon!
Nov 10, 2007 12:52 PM

Feb 2007
windy said:

I kind of hope she gets a sad ending.. soon..

I like her, and sort of her arc, but I want it to end sadly because I love everyone else so much more... :(

Though the end made me sooo sad!! ;_;

kei-clone said:
eh...maybe i'm just in a not so good mood or something. not so enjoyable for me. not liking Fuko's arc very much, which is why I never finished it in the game. please let it end soon and not drag on forever like Makoto's arc in Kanon!

Well, I liked the ep but yeah, I agree with you here. I almost didn't like the ep until the end, because now it sort of seems closer to her arc ending. Except next ep she seems happy again >:| We need to see the other characters!!!! They are all so much better.. Though I can't hate fuko even though she's dumb.
:/
SY_IS_DEAD_IRLNov 10, 2007 12:56 PM
Nov 10, 2007 12:57 PM

Sep 2007
selective_yellow said:
windy said:

I kind of hope she gets a sad ending.. soon..

I like her, and her arc, but I want it to end sadly because I love everyone else so much more... :(

Though the end made me soooo sad!! ;_;

Noooooooo...Fuuko's awesome! Okay she is a little dumb but it makes her cute ^^

Although I agree that her arc needs to speed up. I felt like not much happened last ep except for the end.
Nov 10, 2007 2:47 PM

Apr 2007
kei-clone said:

I have to agree with you there. Fuko's sickening cute, I want her arc to end already, since all the other girls seem more interesting.

Oh, and I absolutely adore Sunohara. He's so idiotic <3

I hope this is -the- KEY work for romance. Nagisa and Tomoya are just... oh, they're developing so well.
Nov 10, 2007 3:12 PM

Oct 2007
I basically agree with every here... Great show. I especially enjoy the soundtrack, very well done, and with a great variety.
Nov 10, 2007 11:04 PM

Feb 2007
Good episode, but I hope the arc ends soon. Best scene was with Sanae and her starfish bread.
Nov 11, 2007 8:53 AM

Nov 2007
Like the episode =D
Just so sweet & hilarious but kinda sad near the ending (ubuhh... poor Fuko T_T)
The Furukawa family never stops to entertain me XD
Tomoya as cool as ever (yay, he mastered a new skill =D)

Come visit my dA account: http://yanagitakeshi.deviantart.com
Come visit my city here: http://brave-willow.myminicity.com/
Like dinosours? Sign up & play here: http://www.dinoparc.com/?ref=Takeshi
Nov 11, 2007 9:33 AM

Nov 2007
This episode was hilarious. One of my favourite scenes was with Fuko's starfish obsession. Lol. Poor Fuko, her sister can't see her. But it's weird how everyone else can see her but not her sister.
Nov 11, 2007 11:30 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
kei-clone said:

I like the character interactions, and I don't mind Fuko, but this has seemed to drag on to me. I really thought the arc would end with this episode, and they would meet waaay earler in the ep. However, it is 24 episodes (I think) so I'm not too upset.

Still absolutely love the show and want more!! Okazaki's one of my favorite characters this season!
Nov 11, 2007 1:00 PM

Nov 2006
AngelLily said:
YOU WIN! Sunohara is the bomb :D
Nov 11, 2007 1:48 PM

Oct 2007
Ahhh a great episode again and i loooovee Clannad sooo much i can't describe ^-^
The "barrier" on Fu-chan is soo great XD
And did Fu-chan play with Patrick the Seastar from Spongebob? XD
I loved that part so much... "Okazaki's best!"
"Today's the Starfish Festival!!!" man i couldn't hold me, it was sooo funny XDD
By the way we saw very cute maid outfits and a confusing end of the episode. So no parts were missed, i loved this episode!
Nov 11, 2007 1:53 PM

Apr 2007
windy said:
AngelLily said:
YOU WIN! Sunohara is the bomb :D
Best part is still the bowling pose in a previous episode. That was epic. lol
Nov 11, 2007 3:42 PM
Sep 2006
Pretty nice episode and it's good to see a bit of drama, let's hope it carries on and we get Fuko's conclusion. I adore the girl, but I think I can only take her in small doses.

Full blog review found here
Nov 13, 2007 6:44 PM

Aug 2007
Lol. Agree with pretty much everything that everybody else said. Great epi. 5/5

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 13, 2007 7:02 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:

I said 'Aww!' out loud when I saw sad Nagisa. I love it when Nagisa fantasizes about things involving her and Tomoya ^^. It was indeed a great episode, loved seeing Fuuko, Nagisa and Kyou in a maid outfit! <3

I also kinda knew what was going to happen at the end but it still got me. Looking forward to more!

Hahaha! i "Awww'ed" too!!!! it was so cuuuute >//////<
poor Fuko T__T i kinda knew that was gonna happen but it was still so sad.

Dec 15, 2007 2:49 PM

Dec 2007
i lol'd.
Dec 26, 2007 4:24 PM

Nov 2007
Zarin said:
So we are finally getting into the more serious stuff.

Also got two masteries this episode, maybe it's to compensate for the lack of hit combos? =)

LMAO I was planning on screening these eventually xD

PAHO said:
Ahhh a great episode again and i loooovee Clannad sooo much i can't describe ^-^
The "barrier" on Fu-chan is soo great XD
And did Fu-chan play with Patrick the Seastar from Spongebob? XD
I loved that part so much... "Okazaki's best!"
"Today's the Starfish Festival!!!" man i couldn't hold me, it was sooo funny XDD
By the way we saw very cute maid outfits and a confusing end of the episode. So no parts were missed, i loved this episode!

It's the Anime answer to Patrick! hahaha... the speedo was weird though xD why does a starfish need clothes anyway? In fact, how do you know which point is the head or which 2 are the feet? o_O lol

Loving Clannad, going to marathon my way to episode 12 today if it kills me! :D
As for Fuko, I wouldn't mind her arc ending soon so we can see what's up with the other girls, but she's so awesome that it doesn't matter :D

Oh, and am I the only one who is reminded of Konata?... at all? ... lol

[Will provide screenshot proof when done episode 12]
Mar 9, 2008 5:46 AM

Jan 2008
Well, here we go with another episode of Clannad... Well. I have a rather big ammount of mixed feelings after watching it, so let's put the cards on the table...

A lot of humor, like always, like all the previous episodes, this time we have numerous occasions to laugh again, and that's great. Around 20 minutes constant laughter, to end up thinking "What will happen next?" after watching the final scene, when Fuuko meets her sister.

Talking about Fuuko... To be honest, I dislike her. Her dumb personality and her stupid starfish obsession, there's nothing funny about it, or at least I don't see it... And also if the "real" Fuuko is in coma, the whole "clone" idea seems plain stupid to me. I don't like her as a character, so I'm not really enjoying the arc.

I'm looking forward to the next episode, to see the outcome of the meeting, and eventually this arc coming to an end... I would like to see an arc dedicated to the Fujibayashi sisters, as fast as possible. ^^'
Mar 31, 2008 5:52 AM

Jan 2008
awww. Ibuki-sensei can't see Fuko. XD

...but Fuko is sooo kawaiii. XP
May 12, 2008 8:49 AM

Nov 2007
Fu-chan is SO cute ! <33
May 22, 2008 7:01 PM

Dec 2007
This episode was okay, still maintained some comedy. The ending was pretty predictable but well done none-the-less.

#NBHNC
Jun 4, 2008 6:28 PM
Oct 2007
Ahh, nice ending..

Onwards to ep 7!
Jun 8, 2008 2:40 PM

May 2008
once again nice eps
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

349 by EM1LL3US »»
Apr 10, 1:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

145 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:08 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

KY791 - Mar 6, 2008

214 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 6, 6:06 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

442 by Viipers7810 »»
Apr 5, 2:16 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KY791 - Feb 28, 2008

158 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 4, 9:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.