Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
A Certain Magical Index (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 16, 2009 12:14 PM

Feb 2008
crazy_eights said:
... but is it me or did the script or whatever just turn horrendous. touma claiming if only he could touch the Ellis to stop its attack....well stop avoiding his attacks dumbass and then you can touch him. seriously there have been too many wtf moments going on in this show lately. this episode was such a waste.

exactly my thoughts!
Mar 23, 2009 6:43 AM

Jan 2008
It was a good episode I guess.
Mar 28, 2009 7:05 PM

May 2008
lol, like Touma's arms are even much larger than Index's.
If even at all.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Apr 11, 2009 4:00 AM

Aug 2008
Good episode, a little confused about the AIM dispersion field..
May 20, 2009 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
Alrite episode. Like CrazyEights said, when Touma says if he could just touch Ellis. Haha. But he's dodgin' all over the place.
Jul 8, 2009 11:41 AM
Jun 2009
Wasabi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Am I the only one that laughed when Hyouka got suddenly rock'd in the face?

nope lol
Oct 7, 2009 11:22 PM

Jul 2009
kage-bunshin said:
pretty funny episode, touma is like i won't make that mistake again and what happens? fanservice! then there was when misaka and index meet, for two girls who pretty much say they have no interest in him, they sure fight about him a lot
Lol when they fight
Oct 9, 2009 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
Wasabi said:
I'm ashamed to say I too laughed a bit at this, and judging by the replies it seems there are quite a few with the same sick sense of humour =p
It was so random and looked like it hurt like hell though so you just had to giggle a bit^^

Interesting character that Cromwell girl, though she appears to be the typical warmongering manic with no special motives or reasons but to fight for the fun of it.

Cool golem summon ability too, massively evil
Oct 25, 2009 2:33 PM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
Haha, yeah that was really unexpected so I giggled a bit. xD
Nov 10, 2009 9:49 PM

Nov 2009
Wasabi said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

I laughed at that too
Jan 2, 2010 3:27 PM

Aug 2009
Wasabi said:

I lol'd too. That was fucking hilarious. XD
Jan 13, 2010 3:41 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't laugh...

I'm constantly going "Uggghh.. that's ganna hurt" while watching this series...

Biting, and exploding and punching and chopping off an arm and biting and more biting and more biting... same reaction when the glasses girl got rocked...

This is a rather violent series...

Biting...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 20, 2010 3:07 PM

Aug 2009
What is Hyouka exactly? I got lost when Komoe talked about the AIM dispersion field with Touma. Why the heck was the brown magician referring Hyouka as a key? and how did Hinemigami knew all those stuffs about Hyouka?!

Also, what the fuck was that thing inside Hyouka's head? Seems to be a very interesting piece. Plus, if Touma can control Ellis's movements, then he should have done that in their first battle, or was he too scared to try it out of Imagine Breaker would work?

I think the best part was when Misaka and Index were quarrelling about Touma. I kinda like Misaka more but I still love Index. <3
Apr 23, 2010 9:12 AM

Aug 2008
The ending scene seems cool. But I'm seriously getting tired of Touma's recklessness. Just because he has Imagine Breaker, he thinks he's a hero all of a sudden.
Jul 5, 2010 7:06 PM

Jun 2009
WinterNightsFall said:
Wasabi said:

No. Lol. I'm ashamed to say that I laughed too.

I think we all are.
Sep 12, 2010 6:43 PM

Aug 2010
Somewhere along the lines i lost track of the plot.. What the hell is going on?
Oct 6, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2009
Jrittmayer said:
WinterNightsFall said:
Wasabi said:

I think we all are.

I feel bad but... I did too. I didn't expect her to get hit by a rock. I thought Touma was going to get to her in time. XD
Love the outfits that Index and Hyouka had from the changing room scene. ;)
I wonder how Touma is going to challenge Sherry and her Golem?
Oct 16, 2010 12:54 PM

Jun 2009
AirStyles said:
I didn't laugh...

I'm constantly going "Uggghh.. that's ganna hurt" while watching this series...

Biting, and exploding and punching and chopping off an arm and biting and more biting and more biting... same reaction when the glasses girl got rocked...

This is a rather violent series...

Biting...

Yeah, but no one is ever apparently die. Which cheapens the violence, if you ask me. Knowing this, it's understandable for people to see the rock in the face scene as funny.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Oct 30, 2010 7:37 AM
Nov 2009
billng said:
Somewhere along the lines i lost track of the plot.. What the hell is going on?

^this
Jan 18, 2011 10:28 PM

Aug 2010
I was kinda disgusted seeing Kazakiri with that hole in her face.
Feb 24, 2011 12:06 PM

Jul 2010
Index and Mikoto meet for the first time and they're already fighting over Touma. ^^
Touma is once again going out of his way to save a girl. How many has he saved already? xD

The (w)hole thing about Hyouka was pretty interesting, but still a little weird. Curious what that "terrorist" has to do with everything then, apart from her wanting to start a war.

Wasabi said:
Once again; no you weren't. =P

Apr 17, 2011 12:37 AM
Jul 2010
Sillybrit said:
Alrite episode. Like CrazyEights said, when Touma says if he could just touch Ellis. Haha. But he's dodgin' all over the place.

^This
May 29, 2011 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
shocker girl said:
your another "i didnt ask for help but he came to help anyway?"

i love this line. the way she said made me feel like touma is a type of character thats been used in other animes (which i have a feeling already has.

WinterNightsFall said:
Wasabi said:

i'm guilty of it too, lol
it seems we have found a rivalry now.

Aug 4, 2011 5:54 PM

Oct 2009
cool stance by Touma at the end, but we all know that hes gonna get his ass whooped before he defeats the enemy or someone assists him.
Jul 2, 2012 11:42 AM

Jun 2012
Man, no wonder Toma gets all the girls, he’s super nice and he’s willing to save them in whatever situation comes up.
Never go full retard
Aug 1, 2012 8:15 PM

Apr 2012
Touma can be a real idiot - why did he not think to try blocking some of the attacks with his right hand earlier?

Anyway, the rock to the face scene was unexpected and hilarious. Index meeting Mikoto was also pretty good.
JohnGalt89Aug 1, 2012 9:09 PM
Aug 22, 2012 8:40 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
this episode FULL of WIN! I Think I gonna LIKE this ARC :DDD First off, I love how Index and Touma tripped over one another, it was FUNNY! Then we see Misaka Cross Touma Cross Index LOOOL. THAT jealousy and confrontation was jaw dropping HILARIOUS!!! Really AWESOME!!! THEN comes another UNEXPECTED attack on me! XDDD From previous episodes, I suspected that Hyouka is more than she appears from the hints Himegami told us. ! When Hyouka came to the scene of the fight, typically I thought she had some esper power or something and "standardly" would go help fight. When that rock hit her face, and her face was broken, I was like What the heckkkkk :OOO! She's not human :O but formed from AIM? WOW! totally didn't see that coming. That makes Hyouka not just some ordinary side character with some side power that no one really cares LOOOL. Touma was badass in end too. Amazing!!! 5/5 episode
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 18, 2012 3:26 AM
Nov 2011
Toma looks like such a bad ass standing there holding the golem back
Be thankful for those you have near who are dear
For time is not always kind to those who would be on your mind
Seize the day, some exclaim, but that which is past, no more shall have its day.
Dec 23, 2012 7:28 PM

Jun 2009
It makes no sense for me to take especially Mikoto out of the tunnel. She would have been obviously beneficial in a fight against the golum. But, I guess her powers could be dangerous in the tunnels. Still, it just seems to me like a cheap way of making Touma, yet again, get all the glory. Annoys the shit out of me when only the main hero gets to do the cool stuff.

The episode was just badly executed aside from this, though. The writing just hurts all empathy I should have for the characters.
Ston3_FreeN7Dec 23, 2012 7:34 PM
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Feb 1, 2013 9:20 AM

May 2012
Lol dat random fan service! But tbh what great development, already thought that new girl was a bit suspicious but something like that I didn't expected!

Quite awesome, lets see what's next!
Apr 5, 2013 3:56 PM
Mar 2013
Haven't enjoyed this show as much as i did in the first 14 episodes (though the Accelerator vs Amai Ao eps are pretty cool), i was thinking to drop it but its best to finish it than drop it.
May 6, 2013 9:00 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

I was not excited that much this episode, Touma got on my nerves for his doings! Mikoto an increasingly important role! The part where Hyouka is hit was a tad creepy! Poor thing ...
May 26, 2013 11:41 AM

Jun 2009
Wasabi said:

I was disappointed when she wasn't killed.
Jul 2, 2013 2:32 PM

Dec 2010
Ok, that turned out to be a great episode. Hyouka is a fascinating phenomenon.

Is it just me, or Sensei is way too expecting towards Touma?
Jul 10, 2013 12:53 PM

May 2013
Hmmm this needs more accelerator or mikasa arc rather that magician stuff arcs
Jul 30, 2013 5:00 PM
Jun 2012
So let me get this straight...

You have been trapped in an underground shopping mall by a sorceress who uses golems (you know this because said golems were observed before the collapse of the mall). In your party, you have:

A) A top class Esper who has proven to be able to take on a golem.
B) A member of Judgment who has proven to be capable of going up against the sorceress.
C) An girl who has the knowledge of 103,000 grimoires which is proven to also includes knowledge on golems.
D) A level 0 Esper who has an anti-magic ability that may or may not work against living stone crashing down on him.
E) A girl who - by all indications - has no special abilities whatsoever.

Who do you evacuate? Who do you leave behind? Why the obvious choice would be to evacuate the first 3 and leave the last two behind!

WHAT THE FUCK!?
Jul 30, 2013 5:08 PM

Aug 2009
FlierFin663 said:
So let me get this straight...

You have been trapped in an underground shopping mall by a sorceress who uses golems (you know this because said golems were observed before the collapse of the mall). In your party, you have:

A) A top class Esper who has proven to be able to take on a golem.
B) A member of Judgment who has proven to be capable of going up against the sorceress.
C) An girl who has the knowledge of 103,000 grimoires which is proven to also includes knowledge on golems.
D) A level 0 Esper who has an anti-magic ability that may or may not work against living stone crashing down on him.
E) A girl who - by all indications - has no special abilities whatsoever.

Who do you evacuate? Who do you leave behind? Why the obvious choice would be to evacuate the first 3 and leave the last two behind!

WHAT THE FUCK!?

Because safety of those that are in the biggest danger(Index) and the duties AND feelings of a member of Judgement are coming second to defeating the enemy right?

And Kuroko would be dead if not for Misaka.So yeah ,try again.
Jul 30, 2013 5:16 PM
Jun 2012
ssjokg said:

Because safety of those that are in the biggest danger(Index) and the duties AND feelings of a member of Judgement are coming second to defeating the enemy right?

Never said anything about going off to defeat the enemy. In terms of safety, you'd leave behind those who are known to be able to defend themselves against the threat while you make first priority for those who can't.
Jul 30, 2013 5:41 PM

Aug 2009
FlierFin663 said:
ssjokg said:

Never said anything about going off to defeat the enemy. In terms of safety, you'd leave behind those who are known to be able to defend themselves against the threat while you make first priority for those who can't.

And that completely disregards Kuroko's personality and Index being in danger.Also Touma cannot be teleported.

Also they didnt stay behind to fight but to wait to be teleported(and evacuated normally in Touma's case).Touma and Kazakiri left their position to fight and wonder around.There was no reason to think of safety if they were only waiting there, far away from the threat.
Dec 5, 2013 10:31 PM

Nov 2012
hmm what an episode.. touma stopped the golem and that moment when hyouka get......
Dec 20, 2013 2:50 AM

Jan 2013
Lol at Index and Biribiri :)), jealous much :P.
Good episode.. Seems like we get a new person in the Touma group.
Feb 24, 2014 4:35 PM

Aug 2013
Pretty sure Zapper and Index had it bang to rights when they gave each other the "you too?" look...

"toma gets girl by saving her without asking her first if she needs him too"

so far:

index
clone 10032
Misaka
Himegami

just they should never all meet in the same room to discuss toma while he's there.... it could end badly for the guy with his luck....

then again another trip to the hospital and more nurses (he's been in there enough times to get all their names surely)
Mar 22, 2014 4:26 PM

Nov 2012
ssjokg said:

Also they didnt stay behind to fight but to wait to be teleported(and evacuated normally in Touma's case).Touma and Kazakiri left their position to fight and wonder around.There was no reason to think of safety if they were only waiting there, far away from the threat.

That is still a sign of irresponsibility toward Shirai for not assuming worst case scenarios. What if the golem suddenly appeared right when they least expect it? What if Sherry manages to break through the soldiers protecting the civilians? Now what do you have left to fend for yourself? Pretty unreasonable to not prioritize the most vulnerable members first(that is, Index and Hyouka).
ShigureMar 22, 2014 4:30 PM
Mar 23, 2014 4:37 AM

Aug 2009
SanaeSnake said:
ssjokg said:

That is still a sign of irresponsibility toward Shirai for not assuming worst case scenarios. What if the golem suddenly appeared right when they least expect it? What if Sherry manages to break through the soldiers protecting the civilians? Now what do you have left to fend for yourself? Pretty unreasonable to not prioritize the most vulnerable members first(that is, Index and Hyouka).

The golem and Sherry arent so fast especially in an tunnel with Anti Skill suppressing them.So that worst case scenario is very unlikely and not Shirai's fault.
What Shirai didnt think,and there was no reason for it, was that they would leave their position.
Apr 26, 2014 2:34 AM
Apr 2013
Let's admit it, this is pretty weak.
Jul 26, 2014 2:54 PM

Aug 2013
Oh damn, two tsundere encounter... xD
Poor Touma, really is trapped in a crossfire.

So Hyouka was a ghost. Well, she isn't even a ghost, she's just some kind of existance that shouldn't exist and exist somehow. Someone or something that shouldn't be there. But at the same time, she have a lot of common thing with humans, doesn't that make her human in some ways?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Aug 30, 2014 1:49 PM

May 2014
Soulstrider said:
Wasabi said:

Me too, that was completely unexpected

I didn't know if that scene was supposed to be funny or touching. I mean there were quite a bit of tears and the whole "human" vs artificial being thing again.
Jan 18, 2015 9:24 AM

Feb 2014
Another dissapointing episode. If this arc was somewhere in the middle of the series I would drop it but now I'll have to force myself to finish this.
Between the adult world and the world of kids,

there, Holyland exists.
Nov 29, 2015 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
AIM Dispersion .
Neutralize the mud .
Awakened keystone .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 2, 2016 7:38 AM

Mar 2015
Misaka and Index scene was very funny XD
Both of them was saved by Touma and fighting over Touma.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» So, Where is Index 4?

BerriesSan - Apr 14

2 by BerriesSan »»
Apr 15, 9:12 AM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cabaret - Mar 18, 2009

279 by R2Doucebag »»
Mar 27, 8:18 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

AkariChan - Feb 5, 2009

155 by 8iman »»
Jan 14, 3:53 PM

Poll: » To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 29, 2008

205 by DebiPS »»
Jan 11, 5:06 PM

Poll: » Index - probably the most annoying character ever. ( 1 2 )

Rodaa - Jan 24, 2014

74 by Kayfee »»
Dec 6, 2023 11:04 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.