Forum Settings
Forums
No Game No Life (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 29, 2013 7:51 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the transformations are so awkward sometimes in this LN but I can deal with it I suppose. I like the way the volume portrays some of the elements involving their worlds.

I'm finding Sora and Shiro's relationship to be quite odd though. Stephanie is still pretty awesome and I agree with most of her advice. I'm curious what kind of races this LN will offer though. I'm sure there will be a different variety but still..

Jan 17, 2014 12:23 AM
Mar 2012
Loving all the characters, Jibril was an excellent addition. How they portrayed the plot and provided the right amount of ecchi and comedy was splendid this volume. Of course, the siblings are still as badass as ever~
Mar 24, 2014 12:46 AM

Aug 2010
Splendid volume. The battle against Jibril was Astonishing. Can't wait to see it animated.

Sora BA as usual :D

Poor Shiro at the end O_O She was a complete mess in the last illustration.
Mar 26, 2014 1:20 PM

Apr 2013
Omg, that word connector game... so epic ._.
These siblings are just astonishingly abnormal and fun to follow :D

Oh and Shiro's eyes in the "Fake End"
Woah :o

Hope volume 3 will be translated soon.

May 14, 2014 7:44 PM

Jul 2013
when they were conversing with the werebeasts at the embassy, could someone simplify it, like how does panties = country?

then when shiro went off on his numbered questions?

it just came off as confusing even after the second read

this series is amazing by many standards, but when it comes to the strategy part, unless the author tells you the answer, u have to be sora smart to figure it out because you arent in that world
Just an anime fan, doing what an anime fan does
May 15, 2014 3:27 PM

Jun 2008
Strikefreedom117 said:
when they were conversing with the werebeasts at the embassy, could someone simplify it, like how does panties = country?

then when shiro went off on his numbered questions?

it just came off as confusing even after the second read

this series is amazing by many standards, but when it comes to the strategy part, unless the author tells you the answer, u have to be sora smart to figure it out because you arent in that world

It wasn't that difficult. The werebeasts make the other races think, that they can read minds, thus Sora pulls the "if you can read my mind, I don't have to speak out everything" route. Which, since the werebeasts can't actually read minds, has the shown results. Sora thinks, in himself, that "If you don't accept the underwear vs underwear bet, then you automatically agree, that you bet your country againts our previous bet."
But that whole part is kind of a red herring, as they end up betting a piece for a piece, and merely serves to soften and confuse Ino. Well, that, and to serve as proof, that they were busted.
Jun 4, 2014 6:54 PM

Jun 2009
Actually, Sora's plan is quite brilliant. The whole reason that he bets panties vs their country is that, more than anything they need to erase his memories, no matter the cost.

It's not that panties = continental lands, it's that erasing memories = continental lands. If they don't wipe his knowledge of the game that they got from step's grandfather, then they could use that as leverage with the other races, and effectively destroy the warbeast's defenses.

Since that knowledge could put the warbeast's entire country at risk, so the Old man should've accepted the panties vs panties bet. Low risk, high reward. Losing means little in that case. Since the old man rejected his panties vs panties bet, he can now switch the terms. Panties (and memories implied) vs continental lands. With this he has Ino's attention.

Then he reveals that he knows the contents of the game at that time. That first bluff was to prove to the warbeasts that Sora knows that the warbeasts can't read minds. Since sora already knew this, that means that's another piece of information that he can use against them (via leverage with other nations) if they don't accept his terms.

All of this is to push them into a corner. Once in that corner Ino thought the only way to escape is to pretend that Sora's spilling BS, and since he offered only panties vs all of the continental lands, it wouldn't be hard to convince the other countries that Sora was full of it.

That's why he pulled out Imanities' piece. If he rejects the game when Imanity puts everything on the line, running away at this point proves that Sora is right.
blennusJun 4, 2014 7:01 PM
Jun 14, 2014 7:09 AM
Sep 2013
Why is Volume 2 on the Chapter 2 section? I am betting that Volume 3 would also be in the Chapter 3 section too.
Jun 16, 2014 8:51 AM

Jun 2008
primedanny said:
Why is Volume 2 on the Chapter 2 section? I am betting that Volume 3 would also be in the Chapter 3 section too.

It's not by chapters, but by volumes. You know... the way novels normally work.
Jul 30, 2015 12:21 AM

Jan 2013
One more to catch up where the anime left.

It's nice to see some references that we westerns know "All your panties are belong to us" (this in the Yen Press version), what I laughed with that one, good job Shiro.

And that fake end... it gets me with the ED of that episode.
Jul 19, 2016 11:32 AM

Sep 2015
Really good read, that battle against Gibril was AWESOME. The way Sora down plays betting the human races and Stephs reactions to it are funny as well. We also have a really well done cliffhanger.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Sep 3, 2023 4:50 PM

May 2022
NGNL volume 2 continued with the plot of the story, now involving races other than humanity. The focus now is on further expanding the world of the series.

The dialogue between Tet and the other fallen gods was amazing, with him showing that Sora and Shiro were correct in thinking about defying god and becoming the new god.

Personally, I really liked the material. Jibril was an excellent addition and now we have to wait to see how the battle between the Werebeast and human races will continue.

More topics from this board

» State of the Light Novel / Manga

ateks - Jul 6, 2022

5 by Azani »»
Apr 12, 1:52 AM

» any news?

monke_guy - Feb 28

11 by monke_guy »»
Mar 1, 12:37 AM

Poll: » No Game No Life Chapter 14 Discussion

y2k890 - Mar 27, 2016

2 by Rezete_01 »»
Jan 4, 4:38 PM

» Season 2 for anime?

KillerMammoth - Jul 9, 2014

1 by yssfbrrd »»
Dec 29, 2023 4:22 PM

» No Game No Life Volume 12 Discussion

HaXXspetten - Dec 17, 2023

11 by Masshiroi »»
Dec 23, 2023 12:08 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.