Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Post New Reply
Poll: Genshiken Episode 12 Discussion

Feb 11, 2015 9:22 AM

Episode that concludes the story, or let's call misadventures of Genshiken.
Also an opportunity for the real birth of Genshiken, because in this context is forged the term that we know.
Narration interesting and varied, which leads to further maturation characters, I liked it.
Drawings that reach a level never seen before, now that you are more than good quality like, I like.
Sasahara finally manages to emerge from the narrative.
My vote is 8/10!

Jun 3, 2015 4:34 PM
Forum Moderator
Top Aidoru ♪

My only disappointment with this show was the limited amount of references. The first episode was full of little bits, and throughout the show there were things like Lupin and Card Captor Sakura, but I suppose I just wanted more variety, rather than going back to Unbalance and Guilty Gear all the time. Besides that, everything else I liked. I expected this to be some crazy over-the-top otaku fest featuring a bunch of tasteless jokes. Instead, it was extremely down-to-earth with the otaku jokes being downplayed. Instead of the jokes focusing on the otaku lifestyle, it instead became about these specific characters acting and reacting to everything around them. The show was funny not because of what was being said or done, but it was because of the characters themselves going through the motions.

And yeah, Madarame and Saki were the best.

Blog
Reports
Malgraph

Jul 15, 2015 6:46 PM

This time I did feel bad for Saki. I'm just surprised she got that emotional about it.

This gets a rare 10/10 for me. Rarely do I like comedies and even rarer do that make me laugh so much.

Mar 2, 2016 9:26 AM
very touching finale.
The ED with Ogiue was perfection. Teasing the new character for the OAV. Everyone bringing their head up to look at her at the very end made me laugh pretty hard... not sure why but I just wasn't expecting it.

Oct 26, 2016 11:40 AM

Hard to believe this anime came out over 12 years ago. Still feels like a breath of fresh air today.

Nov 23, 2016 8:03 PM

Waaahhhh, i didnt expect a Tsun showed dere side!!! Noooo~~~, dont cry Saki-chan! She was cute when she cried though :'(

I have delusion that Kousaka got NTRed and Saki goes to Madarame. I had weird feeling after watching this series.

4/5

Overall: 7.5/10

Dec 7, 2016 8:39 AM

I didn't like seeing Saki cry.
Sasahara is the new chairman.

Jan 15, 4:52 PM

Can someone tell me what was up with the last few seconds? They subbed version doesn't translate what is being said and the dubbed version has no sound at all. The club is sitting there staring at someone with a ponytail sticking up on the top of their head and with a long mustache sticking out from both sides of their head (though we only see a back view). Who is this person and what was being said??????

Mar 15, 9:33 PM

I liked it but for the most part only because of Saki. Her reactions and attitude for things had me laughing most of the time. All of the other characters weren't as entertaining, especially Kousaka, geez was he bland. Saki's MVP though!

6/10

Jul 29, 8:24 AM

And the original prez still there watching everyone like Batman... With his alien eyes xD

I guess Madarame will have less air time now :(

New member is joining in ED!
"I know love. Convenient store was selling it. For 298 yen." -Mayoi Hachikuji "You don't need a driver's license to hit and run!" -Kagura

Pages (2) « 1 [2]