Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 11:18 AM

Mar 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, the final episode is here and, as is expected, we have graduations, tearful goodbyes and passing on the flag. And then they "ruin" the sentimental moment with their usual ad-libbing antics. Out-meta'd themselves by talking about redesigning their own club.

Has been a pretty fun ride. Took some time getting used to the format and formula, but became pretty funny and enjoyable after a few episodes. Considering the situation with the subs for this one, this is definitely one of those hidden gems I was hoping to access when I started learning Japanese about four years ago. It's probably not going to cause an ad-libbing craze in the anime industry, but I'm definitely hoping that an even better show with these techniques gets made some time in the future. For now, this one gets a solid 7/10 for me.

Kinda off-topic, but I got really fed up with those Uniqlo ads. One of the ad breaks was pretty much nothing but those ads for nearly five minutes! The heck?! Even if they were those zany Japanese ads everyone's talking about they would have grown old by now, but they were so normal and subdued it felt like I've seen them a million times even before the first one was finished, and then they went on and on and on... Ugh! I guess not many advertisers are willing to pay for an ad spot this late at night.
vonPeterhofDec 28, 2013 11:23 AM
Dec 28, 2013 1:46 PM

Oct 2012
I could not believe that Episode 12 was even better than Episode 11.

At the start, they showed the sign
第58回卒業式
Dai 58-kai sotsugyōshiki
which means "58th graduation ceremony"

The calendar shows March. But the year is 20XX with March 1st being on
Wednesday.

The whiteboard drawing. Did they really erase the great detailed animal drawings
from last week and exactly re-draw that crude giraffe?

The two underclassmen presented bouquets to their graduating seniors.

Koharun found the old book with 8 club application forms with random club
names!

At some point today I noticed that the indoor shoes that the girls wear have a
color code:

3rd year - white and blue shoes
2nd year - white and red shoes
1st year - white and green shoes

Then there was that final scene, where Yua formally presented her silver flower
broch to Aoi and Hiina formally presented her silver hair-thing to Koharun. I found
it incredibly moving. It demonstrated the remarkable dramatic power of the
animation technique.

Then, in the closing credits, they mentioned the non-regular cast (キャスト)
members:

キャスト
園田萌舞佳 上田麗奈
園田萌舞音 上田麗奈
and 16 other sisters

Upon first seeing this, it seemed very, very strange. None of the pink-haired sisters
had appeared in the episode!

But then the closing credits were finished, and they showed a white sign saying:
第59回入学式
Dai 59-kai nyūgakushiki
which means "59th entrance ceremony"

Then I realized why 園田萌舞佳 and 園田萌舞音 were in the closing credits. Their
oldest sister, Mobuko-san (園田萌舞子), had been in third year, so she had
graduated. So Mobuko never spoke in the episode. So her name did not appear in
the non-regular cast credits. The six pink-haired girls that we did see walking by
were in 1st or 2nd year.

And of course finally we see that Aoi and Koharun have switched their chairs
according to their new positions in the club. And so the tradition continues...

I am hoping for a second season. Let's hope that the popularity of this highly-
deserving series will mushroom once the subbed version comes out. This is the
kind of groundbreaking work that will attract a cult following for years to come.
Dec 28, 2013 4:15 PM

Jul 2010
To me, this got better later as they found a good rhythm. Final episode was pretty touching.
May 1, 2014 11:56 AM

Dec 2011
That was oddly touching.

Wait. I used exactly the same word to describe it as the post above?

It's true though. And it's not something I would have expected from this series.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jul 11, 2014 2:35 PM

Jun 2013
I didn't expect it to be this good coming in to it, but it was funny, cute, and indeed
"新しい”. I got pretty attached to the characters. This episode was pretty emotional as well. Loved it.

Really cool to see how they perfected the dance in their ED. m/

Overall a great anime that left me feeling pretty happy :)
May 12, 2015 4:50 AM

Jan 2011
My thoughts on this.

"It's new."
Nov 29, 2015 2:18 PM

Oct 2010
This is by far one of the most underrated shows ever on MAL. Such a pleasure to watch!
Pi piru piru piru pipiru pi!
Aug 25, 2018 6:13 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
Agggh I really liked this! For the improv parts: the seiyuu are pretty darn good at improv-- or if they weren't good then they got good! I feel the need to check out more of their work.
From what I've been told, two of the seiyuu were veterans and the other two were younger-- like younger than me younger and I'm relatively young. Like born in the late 90's young as opposed to the early 90's. Because of that, I felt like this episode was even more sweet because it felt like the seiyuu were drawing parallels.
They're a very intelligent cast. Totally appreciate that.
Really great anime to watch!

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Feb 9, 2020 3:48 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I did not expect this anime to have sad moments, well it was good, I think it's really underrated, the way they were describing the different clubs was always funny and accurate

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tesagure! Bukatsumono Episode 1 Discussion

vonPeterhof - Oct 5, 2013

26 by jelloofhell »»
Aug 19, 2022 4:49 PM

Poll: » Tesagure! Bukatsumono Episode 8 Discussion

okanagan - Nov 23, 2013

10 by Ashhk »»
Feb 7, 2020 10:57 AM

Poll: » Tesagure! Bukatsumono Episode 5 Discussion

okanagan - Nov 2, 2013

8 by Ashhk »»
Feb 4, 2020 6:19 AM

Poll: » Tesagure! Bukatsumono Episode 3 Discussion

okanagan - Oct 19, 2013

12 by Ashhk »»
Feb 3, 2020 3:33 PM

Poll: » Tesagure! Bukatsumono Episode 2 Discussion

rederoin - Oct 12, 2013

14 by Ashhk »»
Jan 30, 2020 2:52 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.