Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]
Post New Reply
Poll: White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion

Apr 23, 2019 6:20 AM

Well, I expected some hardcore NTR. But wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost."

Apr 30, 2019 2:42 AM

First half of this show was much better when it was about the music and forming their friendship. Then it all just went overly dramatic and ends on this note. Bit disappointed with the ending.

Aug 29, 2019 9:37 AM

I'm speechless. Made me think. Heartbreaking. 10/10.

Oct 5, 2019 5:37 AM
Tragic. The two that loved each other most cant get together due to hasty decisions and a guilt trip. Honestly, the scene in the music room after the gig was when Haruki missed his chance. But the lesson here is that it's better to say no even if u aren't sure if the other person you like more will take you. Doesn't matter what people think, the story is that he loved Kazusa more and she loved him too. So that's where he should've ended up. When they first bump during the gig, u can see Setsuna in the background realising she has to move fast. It's not a race. That's childish. The thing that makes me favour Touma is the kiss in the music room and how she played the piano to help him improve. That was nicely done.
Modified by Gab5, Oct 5, 2019 8:55 AM

Nov 17, 2019 12:24 AM

I thought its a pretty realistic show. Questions in our heads, "Why did he accept Setsuna if he likes Touma?" no answers but I could understand that sometimes people don't know what they feel about themselves. Haruki is that type of person who cares too much about others but dont know what hes actually feeling. When Touma made the distance, he miss her and he realize that she actually likes Touma. Its unfair to blame it all on Haruki or Setsuna, everyone has their own share of faults here including Touma herself who's the first victim here. I dont play the VN but I'm 100% this isn't the example of a good adaptation because to be honest the story and writing is actually good.

7.8/10 by MAL seems like a fair rating. 8 would be too high while 7.5 would be too harsh.

A small cake that tastes better than many other but no cherry on it. Expensive too.

Mar 3, 2020 3:51 AM
What I really wanted to know: what is the title of the insert song during their kiss and Satsune's monologue?

Mar 22, 2020 5:01 AM

What can I say, this is a good anime, very simple story with likeable characters which I cannot even hate after the series ends. It is sad that all of them got a bad end, I just didn't like the part when Haruki says he loves Kazusa because it doesn't feel real at all, but thanks to Setsuna explaining it at the last part.

May 17, 2020 7:50 AM
leev said:
I thought its a pretty realistic show. Questions in our heads, "Why did he accept Setsuna if he likes Touma?"

If love is war, I would call her move an encircling movement plus some blitzkrieg. She cornered Haruki to think that she deserves the love, put some speed in her actions towards him, and what you get is a confused boy on whom to choose.

Jul 21, 2020 3:45 PM
Iconic ending, I mean the kissing in the airport scene.
First 5 minutes were so passionate, like they don't care anything.

I was expecting this sad ending, but lol it really exceeded my expectations. Love Beyond Reach, trully.

I had some character expressssion issue, I think they could have done better with Kitahara. So I'm giving it 9. Probably gonna rewatch after a few months. Happy watching.

Jul 23, 2020 8:47 PM
Watched this when I was a kid. I honestly liked Setsuna more and no matter how much I looked at it, Haruki was an idiot.

Aug 16, 2020 6:51 PM

I am glad that my worries did not come true. I worried that Setsuna will kill herself or have accident, like start running away when she saw them and got into car crash. Or other that she is deadly sick and Kazusa and Haruki will have hard time living after knowing this.
So now will they never see Kazusa again and Setsuna still want to be with Haruki? Can he?
Is there continuation of this story somewhere?

Really great and original story. 9/10
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)

Aug 17, 2020 11:48 AM

Thyriad-oPPailov said:
I am glad that my worries did not come true. I worried that Setsuna will kill herself or have accident, like start running away when she saw them and got into car crash. Or other that she is deadly sick and Kazusa and Haruki will have hard time living after knowing this.
So now will they never see Kazusa again and Setsuna still want to be with Haruki? Can he?
Is there continuation of this story somewhere?

Really great and original story. 9/10

There's the VN if you want

Sep 12, 2020 4:11 AM
Despair_Queen said:
I know this is late since the anime aired like 5 years ago, but I just finished the anime and want to throw in my two cents. Many on this thread are bashing on Kazusa and pitying or sympathizing with Setsuna. Honestly though, I think Setsuna is at fault here, and this is just fitting punishment for her. Haruki making out with Kazusa in front of her was horrible, yeah, but she already knew that Haruki loves Kazusa and not her. Yet, she selfishly decided to take advantage of Haruki being an indecisive wimp who wouldn't reject her, and confess to him. This is what happens when you interfere with the relationship of two people mutually in love. She should have seen this coming. I'm not saying that Kazusa and Haruki aren't at fault here, but I personally think that Setsuna is the most at fault.

Overall this anime was a 9/10, really enjoyed it but the ending was bad, why did Kazusa still have to leave :( Also, for those hating on Kazusa because she just "upped and left", I honestly can't blame her for wanting to escape from this love triangle bs, and the way I see it, she left so as to allow Setsuna to have back Haruki due to seeing Setsuna as a best friend. The whole cheating thing was just to let herself have Haruki for a while before allowing Setsuna to have him, but she wouldn't be able to handle seeing Haruki with Setsuna, and Kazusa's presence in Japan would cause Haruki to be unable to fully devote himself to Setsuna, which is why Kazusa left. For the sake of Setsuna... Dammit kazusa why do you have to be so self-sacrificial :( meanwhile Setsuna is a selfish bitch

And before you say that Kazusa and Haruki were shit friends by betraying Setsuna, Setsuna was the shit friend first by interfering with Haruki and Kazusa. A true friend would wish for the two of them, who are mutually in love, to be together and have true happiness, not try to get in between them which in turn caused all of them to have a bad end.

^basically this,i like it when someone just straight forward explaining the truth/fact instead of complicated things,dont get me wrong,it is not as simple as it look,specially the character and their situation and reasoning,but still setsuna "deserved" what comes to her in the airport,in fact thats the whole point of that scene,i dont play vn and i dont need explanation for that airport kiss.

basically airport kiss mean to show "haruki true love or the one he love so much is kazusa to begin with and that is his eyes only for her in the end" meanwile at the same time setsuna saw what is the harsh truth,yep thats "love triangle with someone interfere between to people in love that come back to her in the end" with a BANG(they kiss passionately right in front of her face).

Sep 22, 2020 12:41 PM

zerokarasu said:
Despair_Queen said:
I know this is late since the anime aired like 5 years ago, but I just finished the anime and want to throw in my two cents. Many on this thread are bashing on Kazusa and pitying or sympathizing with Setsuna. Honestly though, I think Setsuna is at fault here, and this is just fitting punishment for her. Haruki making out with Kazusa in front of her was horrible, yeah, but she already knew that Haruki loves Kazusa and not her. Yet, she selfishly decided to take advantage of Haruki being an indecisive wimp who wouldn't reject her, and confess to him. This is what happens when you interfere with the relationship of two people mutually in love. She should have seen this coming. I'm not saying that Kazusa and Haruki aren't at fault here, but I personally think that Setsuna is the most at fault.

Overall this anime was a 9/10, really enjoyed it but the ending was bad, why did Kazusa still have to leave :( Also, for those hating on Kazusa because she just "upped and left", I honestly can't blame her for wanting to escape from this love triangle bs, and the way I see it, she left so as to allow Setsuna to have back Haruki due to seeing Setsuna as a best friend. The whole cheating thing was just to let herself have Haruki for a while before allowing Setsuna to have him, but she wouldn't be able to handle seeing Haruki with Setsuna, and Kazusa's presence in Japan would cause Haruki to be unable to fully devote himself to Setsuna, which is why Kazusa left. For the sake of Setsuna... Dammit kazusa why do you have to be so self-sacrificial :( meanwhile Setsuna is a selfish bitch

And before you say that Kazusa and Haruki were shit friends by betraying Setsuna, Setsuna was the shit friend first by interfering with Haruki and Kazusa. A true friend would wish for the two of them, who are mutually in love, to be together and have true happiness, not try to get in between them which in turn caused all of them to have a bad end.

^basically this,i like it when someone just straight forward explaining the truth/fact instead of complicated things,dont get me wrong,it is not as simple as it look,specially the character and their situation and reasoning,but still setsuna "deserved" what comes to her in the airport,in fact thats the whole point of that scene,i dont play vn and i dont need explanation for that airport kiss.

basically airport kiss mean to show "haruki true love or the one he love so much is kazusa to begin with and that is his eyes only for her in the end" meanwile at the same time setsuna saw what is the harsh truth,yep thats "love triangle with someone interfere between to people in love that come back to her in the end" with a BANG(they kiss passionately right in front of her face).

I haven't visited the thread of the final ep of my fav romance of all time in ever, but imma just leave a brilliant comment by mdz here on reddit:

There's not quite one person at fault within the dynamics of this relationship.

Setsuna's the good girl -- that's what everybody constantly iterates. The audience thinks that she's a good girl. Haruki and Kazusa thinks that she's a good girl. Every minor character, every passerby thinks that she's a saint.

In a sense, she is. In another sense, she's absolutely the most manipulative character in the series. White Album 2's visual novel isn't the highest rated visual novel on EGS [Japanese Visual Novel rating site] without a reason.

Setsuna believes that she betrayed Kazusa. Haruki is not aware that Kazusa had kissed him first. In fact, this is an incredibly large spoiler that's only revealed in Coda. The IC in the visual novel was bereft of most of these details. The anime chose to adapt it.

Kazusa and Haruki know that they betrayed Setsuna. How much more blatant of a betrayal can there be, other than physically cheating [not to say the emotional cheating that went on prior]. What happens when someone cheats? The other party breaks off relationships, and gradually, things rebuild after being shattered.

But what occurs in this case? Setsuna absolutely does not take it out on them. In fact, she thinks that she's the guilty one. This results in Kazusa and Haruki staying in the past. They cannot get over the fact that Setsuna's such a good girl -- that they chose to betray such a good girl.

But such a good girl selfishly refuses to allow the two to move on. Haruki and Kazusa are not sociopathic, they cannot move on without guilt. Setsuna is very important to them. If they were to continue dating, they'd only hurt Setsuna further. If they were to break up, then Setsuna would not have that -- she wants the three of them to be together, she wants genuine love. She wants the impossible, and she'll aspire for the impossible. The two want to be punished, to be condemned vitriolically -- that itself will be cathartic for all parties. If it never happens, it's the same as a boiling kettle never blowing.

Setsuna in the train scene, refused to allow Haruki to further speak. Even when he did enunciate further, his blatant disloyalty, she refused to scold him. She never exploded. She never allowed the built-up anxiety, the built-up guilt to shatter. She never allowed them a cathartic moment. In a sense, she operates benevolently in that she refuses to scold her friends. In a sense, she operates absolutely selfishly, because she wants her desired ending.

Setsuna's without a doubt the most complex character within the series. Everyone calls her 'good', but she believes herself to be the absolute worst. White Album 2's realistic in that it doesn't go for the simple cop-outs. Nobody's going to commit suicide. Nobody's going to go blatantly insane.

A period of bliss is followed by a lifetime of suffering. Pleasure and love will never supersede, will never ameliorate that suffering. But, it will keep the characters going.

Sep 27, 2020 5:36 AM
*clap* *clap* *clap* I'm speechless. So speechless that I can't write a review for this.

10/10.

Nov 10, 2020 10:22 AM
I heard that he ended up with Setsuna in the end and decided to choose it .... Is that right? Is it the true end of the anime?

Nov 20, 2020 10:37 PM
abo_5aySuS said:
I heard that he ended up with Setsuna in the end and decided to choose it .... Is that right? Is it the true end of the anime?
There are 3 ending of the final chapter of the visual novel.
In one he ended up with Setsuna, in another with Kazusa. I forgot about the 2nd route because the story was more fucked up there.

To give you a clue, Kazusa's route has longer gameplay than Setsuna's and it also received multiple after story and drama cd.

Dec 21, 2020 6:47 AM

For the god's sake, he banged my waifu.
A future is not given to you. It is something you must take for yourself.

Jan 4, 9:15 PM

Still can't believe how they got the balls to be kissing right in front of Setsuna like that lmao. Tbf Setsuna meddles right into the other two's progressing relationship, knowing fully that they love each other, and then capitalized on the Haruki's indecisiveness and got him to accept her feelings in the heat of moment.

A triangle love story that ended up making everyone involved miserable, they all got their own share of faults and the way the series ended is so much realistic. The characters felt alive and I don't regret giving this series a 10/10 rating (might want to check out the VN later)

Jan 8, 9:05 AM
The most truest ending i've seen 10/10

Jan 12, 8:11 PM
I mean, anime was great (ep13 ending was shit tho) but it just lacks something that i can't really pinpoint on what it is. 7/10

Jan 15, 11:31 PM
I was like really shocked that haruki and touma did that, but at the same time I feel pity for setsuna. Haruki is a bastard for me, i like touma at first but in the end nah... I like the story and drama before festival and I hope they get happy ending.

7/10
I like the songs but not character

Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]