Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 7:30 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
SHAFT RUINED CHRISTMAS

A LITTLE LATE BUT STILL

AHHHHH KAIKI
Dec 28, 2013 8:15 AM
May 2013
Been waiting for this day time to marathon.
Dec 28, 2013 8:24 AM

Apr 2013
Can't wait till it's available for streaming.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 8:35 AM

Nov 2008
Does anyone have info on the continuation?
I just can't wait to see them in university!

Even thought I didn't like you R.I.P Kaiki.

edit:
I just found out that hanamonogatari will be animated in 2014! I don't know if it's a real info but I really hope it is!
Shakkin-shitsujiDec 28, 2013 9:11 AM
Dec 28, 2013 8:42 AM

Mar 2010
Hmm... Didn't turned out what I expect the 'Kaiki being punched and kicked' to be... A little disappointing but after watching this episode I realized that I have missed important plot device while reading the novel back then.

The one who is pulling the string... could it be... shit...
Dec 28, 2013 8:44 AM

Jan 2013
Deeply disappointed. the chapter apportionment was really bad, wtf-ly bad. The snakes CG was horrendously done. I didn't even like Kaiki's acting in this episode. Maybe I expected too much.
DawnJDec 28, 2013 11:27 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 28, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2010
There came the cool BGM "Iroboke neko" and too dialogue heavy arc has finished finally. Kaiki's mental attack persuasion was good, things were settled down decently and the bridge to the sequel was made.
Dec 28, 2013 9:13 AM

Apr 2013
So manga was in the closet? That's... anticlimactic but it makes sense.

Fucking RIP Kaiki, I wonder if it was Kanbaru at the end? It would be kind of ironic how Kaiki did it for Kanbaru and Kanbaru ended up killing him, maybe due to her arm acting up again? I don't know, I just hope they adapt the Final Season novel.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 9:15 AM
Dec 28, 2013 9:21 AM

Mar 2010
Emnay said:

Fucking RIP Kaiki, I wonder if it was Kanbaru at the end? It would be kind of ironic how Kaiki did it for Kanbaru and Kanbaru ended up killing him, maybe due to her arm acting up again? I don't know, I just hope they adapt the Final Season novel.

Kanbaru lol.
The voice is pretty different there.
Dec 28, 2013 9:29 AM

Apr 2013
yukaru00 said:
Emnay said:

Kanbaru lol.
The voice is pretty different there.
Obviously.
It's just me fantasizing and guessing, judging by clothes and the ending scream was kinda reminiscent of when Araragi fought the rainy devil.
Also I swear I've seen this screen before. But I can't be 100% sure, not to mention Hanamonogatari focuses on Kanbaru.
BadLuckBeckyDec 28, 2013 9:34 AM
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 9:32 AM

Nov 2012
OMG OMG OMG finally it has end :""""""""""""""
SERIOUSLY GONNA MISS THIS SHOW.. :"
well hana is on the way :p

btw..
kaiki!!!!!! its so sad seeing him get beaten like that..
HOLY SHIT KAIKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHO THE FUCK IS THAT?! :""""
and that closet.. and that dream~
OH WAIT! so its true that kaiki has a feeling for senjougahara?! CMIIW

hanamonogatari, final season.. I WILL WAIT YOU!!!! :D
nice show second season
Dec 28, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2011
Holy shit Kaiki ;.;

And it finally ends indeed. Rating the show 9/10. Might give the novels a try in the future. Also can't wait for the movie to finally debut..
Dec 28, 2013 9:36 AM
Oct 2010
The animation quality was horrendous this episode.
As for the story part I liked the conclusion of this arc, except Kaiki's "death".
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Dec 28, 2013 9:39 AM

Nov 2012
Emnay said:

no I think its not kanbaru, its a boy who give nadeko snake before on bakemonogatari.. hmm because the snake is on his/her arm.. you know, in bake.. the snake is return to the "owner".. idk if this guy involved with the "organization" :/
I heard they will adapt all season of monogatari.. dont worry :)
Dec 28, 2013 9:40 AM

Mar 2010
SymbolicLayer said:
As for the story part I liked the conclusion of this arc, except Kaiki's "death".

kaiki's death lol
Dec 28, 2013 9:40 AM

Apr 2013
makarov52 said:
Emnay said:

no I think its not kanbaru, its a boy who give nadeko snake before on bakemonogatari.. hmm because the snake is on his/her arm.. you know, in bake.. the snake is return to the "owner".. idk if this guy involved with the "organization" :/
I heard they will adapt all season of monogatari.. dont worry :)
Oh.. well there goes my theory..

Thanks for the heads up.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 9:42 AM

Nov 2012
yukaru00 said:
SymbolicLayer said:

kaiki's death lol

why you lol-ing :"" its so sad you know :"" we will not see kaiki anymore :"
Dec 28, 2013 10:00 AM

Sep 2012
How can Kaiki narrate his own death, eh? Hmm... think about that...
Dec 28, 2013 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
Oh look, a casual ocean of snakes and Nadeko beating the shit out of Kaiki...(someone make a gif compilation of the beating please) the animation was kinda sloppy I guess. Hopefully when the BD's release they'll fix some corners.

God I'm missing this show already :( It's been one hell of a half-year. Hopefully Hana won't get delayed and will release sometime in January. And Shaft.... please... animate Kizu already. You've been teasing us for the past 4 years now(?)

I'm still shocked it was manga drawings this whole time. Even still, after I read this years ago.
Dec 28, 2013 10:07 AM

Mar 2010
ihusmal1234 said:
Oh look, a casual ocean of snakes and Nadeko beating the shit out of Kaiki...(someone make a gif compilation of the beating please) the animation was kinda sloppy I guess. Hopefully when the BD's release they'll fix some corners.

God I'm missing this show already :( It's been one hell of a half-year. Hopefully Hana won't get delayed and will release sometime in January. And Shaft.... please... animate Kizu already. You've been teasing us for the past 4 years now(?)

I'm still shocked it was manga drawings this whole time. Even still, after I read this years ago.

Well from my understanding of Nisio's exact words, Kaiki should be flying high before he is being kicked and punched to the face by Sengoku though. Yeah, the animation in this episode is pretty lazy and lousy.
Dec 28, 2013 10:35 AM

Nov 2012
Was a pretty cool last episode, Kaiki's deception was pretty awesome in its own right, making her choose to be deceived. Anyway was a pretty good show, loved the Shinobu parts. Somehow I felt Araragi was missing too much, far too few Senjou x Araragi conversations which is why I fell in love with the series in the first place. Also, Kanbaru where are you? I liked Nadeko's opening and Kaiki and Senjou's opening was pretty funny as well. Have to give the show respect for Hachikuji's departure episodes, first time in this series it brought tears to my eyes.

Anyway will give it 8/10.

Dec 28, 2013 10:55 AM

Jun 2011
We have been fooled by Sengoku Nadeko's PV...

Just when we thought everything is resolved nicely,
Kaiki....
Why you must do this after you get us attach to the character.
It hurts, it really hurts.
Dec 28, 2013 11:12 AM

Aug 2010
Are u fucking shittin me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's the ending of the season O_O!!

Kaikiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TT___TT RIP! Best character this season no doubt!

Damn u Ougi!!!!!!!!

The way he convinced Nadeko was awesome! Lol'd at how he was taking all those cute punches and kicks while talking XD Nadeko's reaction to the whole mangaka thing was hilariously cute <3

Loved how Kaiki owned Araragi too. "I just told her the usual stuff, and there's nothing u can do for her"

Anyway, Kaiki needs more love. He's one of the most BA characters I've ever seen in my life. Going to my top10 for sure. Especially after that death ;_;

For the series an easy 10/10. Loved it from start to finish. Every arc I kept saying best arc XD Glad to see it's high ranking on MAL too ^^

Now to wait for Hana, Kizu and Final season.
Dec 28, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2012
Whats the deal with this damn Ougi bitch. Kaiki was the realest nigga in the show i'm mad they killed him like that. So dumb
Dec 28, 2013 11:31 AM

May 2013
Woah did not expect that ending. You will be missed Kaiki. Great series.
Dec 28, 2013 11:34 AM

Feb 2012
Kaiki can survive the lashings of a god, but not the stabbings of a normal middle schooler. lol Give us Kizu now please.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Dec 2012
The whole episode I was like "fuck you,Nadeko". I didn't like her from the very beginning in Bakemono. Hopefully he managed to 'deceive' her.
But
Goddammit,Araragi shows up to be annoying now?
"What did you do to Nadeko,why did you tell to Nadeko".
She was planning to kill you and your harem and you're still worried as hell about her. Okay,you feel responsible,but just let the good man to do his job,you were useless anyway.

And that end. Wtf. Really,really,that child... killed Kaiki. I had a feeling he wouldn't continue living (I had some hope at least).
steponmebakuraDec 28, 2013 11:41 AM
Dec 28, 2013 11:36 AM

Mar 2010
mugi said:
Oh my god, what's up with those crappy visuals?

Well done. You are the fourth person who said the same thing in this thread.
It is really that awful. Very much disappointed by it. Shaft turned lazy again.
Dec 28, 2013 11:53 AM
Mar 2009
hpulley said:
How can Kaiki narrate his own death, eh? Hmm... think about that...

He totally bribed someone in hell, remember he said that he made some "pocket change"....

Or, he is just deceiving us about his mortality.
Dec 28, 2013 12:03 PM

Dec 2011
SO that is the secret behind the closet? Hahaha. Looks like that became an asset of Kaiki to deceive Nadeko. He may have finished his job, but he didn't deceive Nadeko in the end, seeing she saw through Kaiki's lies.

And when Kaiki is an awesome character... I can't believe he will die like this.

Ougi is the person behind all of this after all. I can't really wait when the series deals with her.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 12:06 PM

Apr 2007
So, is Kaiki's killer a significant person or just some random who got burnt by one of his old scams? My guess is the latter.

And +1 to all the 'visuals were terrible' comments. What the hell, SHAFT?
Dec 28, 2013 12:20 PM
Oct 2010
Damn. Kaiki was an awesome character (even if he is still somewhat evil), it feels like a loss for the show to have him die.

Although I can't blame Senjougahara (it's a life or death matter for her and Araragi), I'm a bit pissed at how manupulative she is.
Eeveelicious said:
Goddammit, Araragi shows up to be annoying now?
Well, this was from Kaiki's perspective, so of course Araragi is going to be annoying. XD
ona said:
So, is Kaiki's killer a significant person or just some random who got burnt by one of his old scams? My guess is the latter.
I consider Ougi as Kaiki's killer, her weapon was that forsaken boy with the returned curse.
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 28, 2013 12:21 PM
Dec 2010
What's with all the negatives on the visuals? this is SHAFT they are pretty well known for over doing their budgets so last few episodes are always down in quality. But, doesn't matter episode was great and Kaiki earned alot of love in these few episodes, really sad to see him go like that.

Though I will say his ending was kinda ironic, since he was killed by the middle schooler that Nadeko rejected and originally had her jynx placed onto her by.. who was assumed dead by the Snake that Araragi let escape in Bakamonogatari.

R.I.P Kaiki

Sep 2012
kickmesign said:
Kaiki can survive the lashings of a god, but not the stabbings of a normal middle schooler. lol Give us Kizu now please.
It was a steel pipe, not a knife. Blunt force trauma... still not very nice...

And people are forgetting the first things he said this arc...

May 2013
RIP to Kaiki one of the best characters in the whole series damn ;______;
Dec 28, 2013 12:30 PM

Mar 2011
Someone infect that kid with the Weightless Crab, Rainy Devil, Lost Cow, Bakeneko, and Fire Bee. Clearly only the Jagirinawa is not enough suffering for him for what he did to Monogatari's Dark Knight.

What a wild ride this season has been! Easily the best thing I've seen in a long time, and is my AOTY for 2013, no doubt. 10/10
Dec 28, 2013 12:31 PM

Feb 2012
I want to say R.I.P Kaiki but these suggestive comments are giving me hope. Can maybe someone tell me if hes still alive? ^^
Can't wait until the next arc.
Dec 28, 2013 12:32 PM
Oct 2010
hpulley said:
That the story had a mix of truth and lies?

Are you saying he's making up his death? @.@
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 28, 2013 12:45 PM

Mar 2012
Watched the beginning of 21 again, so I really hope Kaiki isn't dead.
Dec 28, 2013 12:47 PM
Dec 2013
Senjougahara is better off with Kaiki then Koyomi.
Dec 28, 2013 12:48 PM

Jul 2010
Holy shit, that ending! I love how this arc turned kaiki from villian into an likable anti-hero. The dialogue between him and Sengoku was amazing even if it was (as Kaiki said) him stating the obvious. The Mangaka reveal was pretty unexpected. Out of all the things that could have been in the closet I never would have guessed that becoming a Mangaka would be Sengoku's greatest secret. I also really liked how it as Kaiki, not Senjougahara who got Araragi to realize that he couldn't do anything about Sengoku and that shes better off not associating herself with him.

The BGM's used during throughout the episode were great as usual. Specifically the piano and cello version of Kaiki's theme and the piano arrangement of the OP were my favorite tracks.

I also thought that it was really awesome how Kaiki's death was brought back to the resolution of Nadeko snake in Bakemonogatari. I always wondered what happened to the kid who got reverse cursed after Araragi saved Sengoku. We now get to see that it led him to kill Kaiki with some help from Ougi telling him that Kaiki was in town.

I think it's pretty safe to say now that Ougi is going to be the final boss of the series. It makes me wonder just who exactly Ougi is, why does she have the Oshino name and where is Oshime Meme? So many huge things are going on in this town and he's nowhere to be found, where is he and what is his doing?

With this arc done I can confidently say that that Monogatari: Second Season is just as good if not better than Bakemonogatari.

10/10 I can't wait for Hanamonogatari, Kizumonogatari, and the third and final season of the Monogatari series.
Dec 28, 2013 12:54 PM

Apr 2011
Can someone please confirm whether or not Kaiki really did just die...
Dec 28, 2013 12:55 PM

Apr 2013
Nopan snake god spotted.

The ending didn't feel like an ending at all but it's forgivable, since apparently Hanamonogatari is going to be animated.
Dec 28, 2013 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
WTF

WTF

WTF

WTF

WTF

WTF

W.T.F

NUFF SAID.
Dec 28, 2013 12:59 PM

Apr 2007
Ajunky said:
hpulley said:
That the story had a mix of truth and lies?

Are you saying he's making up his death? @.@

Maybe this arc is told from the perspective of a dying man whose life (or at least, past few months) is flashing before his eyes.

I like Kaiki and it's a shame he died, but I think bringing him back would feel cheap. Not that people coming back to life is impossible in this series, but Kaiki got a karmic, sort of poetic ending, and I think simply "undoing" that wouldn't feel right. This series, man... making us all like Kaiki before offing him as unceremoniously as possible. Well done.
Dec 28, 2013 1:03 PM
Dec 2012
Wait, WTF just happened??? somebody please explain this huge mess
Dec 28, 2013 1:18 PM

Nov 2012
"You should constantly be weary of what's true or not in this story", is what Kaiki said at the beginning of this arc, so hopefully that means my favourite character for this series isn't dead. As for the anime, I loved Monogatari Series: Second season and hope the next instalment in the series produces the same level of quality.
Dec 28, 2013 1:23 PM

Apr 2012
His past truely came back to bite him on the arse. Hope he lives though.
Dec 28, 2013 1:24 PM

Dec 2009
Wow. That was unexpected. 4.5/5 this episode. 7.5/10 overall.
Pages (15) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

220 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 4, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2013

104 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 3, 3:23 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.