Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Dec 28, 2013 5:23 PM

Nov 2009
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
^Is that a spoiler? Because he/she didn't identify himself/herself. But he/she was voiced by a voice ACTRESS. So I think it's a girl. Futsuu nara...

...No, it's not a spoiler.
You need to rewatch the scene, I guess.

Ok...I rewatched. So?
I think you're the one who needs to rewatch it. Kaiki was just guessing that it could be the Sengoku's boy.

The guy who killed Kaiki said "Ougi was right".
We don't know who the guy is, but it's confirmed Ougi was behind this.
Irritated there are people who never think nor pay attention to the dialogue and just and just start asking the most pointless questions over the most simplest things that can be answered on the same episode...

Also the problem here is that you need is to re-read Sovietcong's original post that you quoted, not the scene from this episode.
Dec 28, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2013
Emnay said:
pkKodama said:

^Is that a spoiler? Because he/she didn't identify himself/herself. But he/she was voiced by a voice ACTRESS. So I think it's a girl. Futsuu nara...
You totally need to watch that scene again. The guy clearly says "Ougi was right" or something along those lines.

The **** clearly says "Ougi was right".
That doesn't mean it's a guy. What do you mean? That it is not Ougi? Yes, I already said "It can't be Ougi".
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 5:27 PM

Nov 2013
Emnay said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?
I think you're the one who needs to rewatch it. Kaiki was just guessing that it could be the Sengoku's boy.
I just watched it again.
The first thing the boy says is
"It's just like Ms. Ougi said."

jeez I know it's not Ougi, why do you keep repeating that?
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 5:28 PM

Apr 2013
pkKodama said:
Emnay said:
pkKodama said:

You totally need to watch that scene again. The guy clearly says "Ougi was right" or something along those lines.

That doesn't mean it's a guy. What do you mean? That it is not Ougi? Yes, I already said "It can't be Ougi".
When he says "Ougi was right" he means that Ougi told him Kaiki came back to town.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 5:34 PM

Oct 2013
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?

Yeah, and why do you question Kaiki's assumption?
Dec 28, 2013 5:38 PM

Nov 2013
Emnay said:
pkKodama said:
Emnay said:
pkKodama said:

When he says "Ougi was right" he means that Ougi told him Kaiki came back to town.

"When he/she/it says "Ougi was right" he/she/it means that Ougi told him/her Kaiki came back to town."
ok...I never denied that. What I meant was that the one who attacked Kaiki could not be Ougi.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 5:39 PM
Jun 2012
I didn't like the ending. First, Kaiki risks his life to save people he doesn't even like, and then he gets killed off? He's walking in the middle of nowhere, couldn't he see a little kid coming, or at least hear him?
Dec 28, 2013 5:43 PM

Nov 2013
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?

Because that's one of his assumptions, not a fact. And even Kaiki said "nanokamoshirenai"...he's just guessing.
ColtBuntlineDec 28, 2013 5:47 PM
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 5:49 PM

Sep 2013
Sengoku's reaction to Kaiki mentioning her manga was too damn funny.

Agreeing with everyone else here, the animation in this episode took a turn for the worse, even comparing it to the rest of this arc.

I'm glad we got to see some more Koyomi before the season ended but it's a shame it was lacking some Shinobu.

All signs of evil are pointing to Ougi, and I was quite fond of her after her first appearance, not sure now..

Overall not my favourite arc of the season, but a fantastic season overall, 9.9 for the whole thing (10 if they touch up the animation in this episode, it was really quite lame at times). All that's left for the future is Kizumonogatari, Hanamonogatari and Monogatari: the final season.
Dec 28, 2013 5:50 PM
Oct 2013
The final episode wasn't nearly as good as it should have been....
First of all, you can clearly see that they ran out of money and that they "improvised" for this episode.
Second, Nadeko was really annoying, i mean, what is wrong with that girl. She isnt a god or a killer, she is just a spoiled brat which never knew how to work hard for something.
Kaiki was awesome, that voice acting and those lines, man, gotta love that man.
Id love to say "What goes around, comes around" but i dont really feel like it, the ending was kind of hard on the viewers:
Dec 28, 2013 5:53 PM
Oct 2010
Emnay said:
Tsundere-lover said:
Who the hell is Ougi exactly and what is she planning!
I'm surprised people don't know who Ougi is.
There are different levels of "knowing" who someone is. So far, Ougi's exposure has been intentionally on the low side.

Unless you've read the novels, I believe it's impossible to know for sure what she is after... or who she really is. For instance, if what Kaiki said about Meme is true, then she cannot be his niece.

... so who is she? (rhetorical, don't answer if you've read the novels)
pkKodama said:
Because that's one of his assumptions, not a fact. And even Kaiki said "nanokamoshirenai"...he's just guessing.
He did see a snake curse on the kid, so it's not like it's a baseless guess.
YamiCodenamed said:
Id love to say "What goes around, comes around" but i dont really feel like it, the ending was kind of hard on the viewers
Yeah, cause in this case it feels more like a "no good deed goes unpunished", considering the timing.
AjunkyDec 28, 2013 5:57 PM
"Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain"
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 28, 2013 5:55 PM

Jan 2012
I loved this episode. RIP Kaiki, they had to kill him when I was starting to like his character more. :( I wonder if Gaen knew this was going to happen and was actually trying to prevent this. Also, damn you Ougi! D:
Dec 28, 2013 5:56 PM

Jan 2013
What a powerful ending.
I loved every episode. 10/10
Dec 28, 2013 5:57 PM

Oct 2013
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?

And who was the "hitman" according to you? A random girl? Just because it was a voice actress?
Ajunky said:

Yeah, it was explicit said that the kid, who put the snake curse on Nadeko, would get affected by his on curse because Araragi couldn't catch the escaping snake in Bakemonogatari.
V0ltgDec 28, 2013 6:05 PM
Dec 28, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2013
Damn, that ending scene, Kaiki just won my sympathy, and gets beaten by some person... Dammit all!

Well I have nothing else to say about this season, this gives me a perfect 10/10. Just every arc is so damn entertaining with some character interactions, character development, and those supernatural beings that are present in all the characters. Though just a minor letdown that some characters like Hitagi gets less screen time in the season, but just minor.

It will take some time to make another season but now I'll be waiting for Hanamonogatari, and Kizumonogatari movie.

Dec 28, 2013 6:01 PM

Dec 2012
Loved it. 9/10 Not much else to say other than, bring on the next one, my body is ready.
Dec 28, 2013 6:04 PM
Nov 2013
Poor Kaiki.

But you know what they say. Curses, like chickens, come home to roost.
Dec 28, 2013 6:09 PM

Nov 2009
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?

And who was the "hitman" according to you? A random girl? Just because it was a voice actress?

You guys... just stop.

ORIGINAL QUOTE:

Emnay said:
pkKodama said:
Emnay said:
Sovietcong said:
Awesome dialogue by the man Kaiki. Shame he died at the command of a person named Ougi? I'm wondering who that is and RIP Kaiki; you will be missed. That is if the death was part of the disclaimer you made at the start of the arc...
Ougi is the one Nadeko talked to before becoming a god, Araragi also talked to her at the end of Shinobu Time.
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131108002534/bakemonogatari1645/images/9/94/Ougi.jpg
Does this ring any bells?

The girl sounded mad, that can't be Ougi.
It wasn't Ougi. I'm pretty sure Ougi told the junior high kid that Kaiki came back in town. And the junior high kid got deceived by Kaiki so that's the reason why he was attacked.

I said that pkKodama interpreted Sovietcong's the wrong way, either that or he didn't even read it; that's what caused this whole thing...
Just re-read and stop arguing about how Ougi was or wasn't that random person who killed off Kaiki... and just accept Kaiki's assumption that it's the boy with the snake that caused Nadeko's first snake issue. VAs have nothing to do with the character's gender.

Also it isn't a baseless assumption because this:

huuuh said:
Ajunky said:

Yeah, it was explicit said that the kid, who put the snake curse on Nadeko, would get affected by his on curse because Araragi couldn't catch the escaping snake in Bakemonogatari.
Dec 28, 2013 6:12 PM

Nov 2013
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?

A random girl or a random boy among the ones deceived by Kaiki. Or the one who cursed Sengoku. But only because it has a snake doesn't mean it's him. It's not 100%. You don't know what happened during all this time. But so far in monogatari series every girl got a voice actress while every man got a voice actor. and it was moving like a girl and mad like a girl IMO, that's why I think it's a girl.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 6:13 PM

Jun 2007
Anyway, 9/10 and my personal pick for best show of 2013 (in retrospect, this was a bit of a down year...of 26 shows completed and 4 shows still running, I had zero 10s and only two 9s).
Dec 28, 2013 6:16 PM

Jan 2011
Wow. That was a great arc. Still not as good as the Bake (there are just personal reasons I'm sure) but still very very good and will thoroughly enjoy re watching it once I have all the BDs.

Wait anxiously for more Monogatari.
Dec 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Nov 2013
MagicFlier said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:
huuuh said:
pkKodama said:

Ok...I rewatched. So?

You guys... just stop.

ORIGINAL QUOTE:

Emnay said:
pkKodama said:
Emnay said:
Sovietcong said:
Awesome dialogue by the man Kaiki. Shame he died at the command of a person named Ougi? I'm wondering who that is and RIP Kaiki; you will be missed. That is if the death was part of the disclaimer you made at the start of the arc...
Ougi is the one Nadeko talked to before becoming a god, Araragi also talked to her at the end of Shinobu Time.
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131108002534/bakemonogatari1645/images/9/94/Ougi.jpg
Does this ring any bells?

The girl sounded mad, that can't be Ougi.
It wasn't Ougi. I'm pretty sure Ougi told the junior high kid that Kaiki came back in town. And the junior high kid got deceived by Kaiki so that's the reason why he was attacked.

I said that pkKodama interpreted Sovietcong's the wrong way, either that or he didn't even read it; that's what caused this whole thing...
Just re-read and stop arguing about how Ougi was or wasn't that random person who killed off Kaiki... and just accept Kaiki's assumption that it's the boy with the snake that caused Nadeko's first snake issue. VAs have nothing to do with the character's gender.

Also it isn't a baseless assumption because this:

huuuh said:
Ajunky said:

I am reading the posts, you're the one who isn't. I never caused any kind of confusion. And again Kaiki was just GUESSING. I don't know if you need stupid subs to watch anime and if that's confusing you but Kaiki never stated that as a 100% fact.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 6:23 PM

Jul 2013
Great work Kaiki!
Great arc
Aww, Kaiki is dying :'(
Why u kill off our favourite villain?!
Can't wait for Hanamonogatari or w/e there is to come :D
Dec 28, 2013 6:23 PM
Oct 2010
pkKodama said:
A random girl or a random boy among the ones deceived by Kaiki. Or the one who cursed Sengoku. But only because it has a snake doesn't mean it's him. It's not 100%. You don't know what happened during all this time. But so far in monogatari series every girl got a voice actress while every man got a voice actor. and it was moving like a girl and mad like a girl IMO, that's why I think it's a girl.
If we are using meta arguments, then I'll say it is far more likely for it to be the boy that cursed Nadeko simply cause it would be tying loose ends.
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 28, 2013 6:31 PM

Jul 2012
Ajunky said:
pkKodama said:
If we are using meta arguments, then I'll say it is far more likely for it to be the boy that cursed Nadeko simply cause it would be tying loose ends.

LOL when visual cues and verbal confirmation aren't enough for us to deduce exactly who that person was. I suppose we get deniers everywhere in life
Dec 28, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2013
10/10 overall for this season.
A little disppointed on the snake CG and I agree with the one that said that the secret behind sengoku's door was anti-climactic but oh well u cant have it all. We can be optimistic instead and wish that they are focusing on Hana and Kizu.

And my jaw dropped when blood gushed out from kaiki's head.
Dec 28, 2013 6:33 PM

Nov 2013
Ajunky said:
pkKodama said:

And why would he be so mad like that if he's the one who started it? I don't think he should be able to survive for so much time, that could be his sister who got the snake the moment he died and then went to avenge his brother. There are many possibilities.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 6:35 PM

Nov 2013
plushkin said:
Ajunky said:
pkKodama said:

LOL when visual cues and verbal confirmation aren't enough for us to deduce exactly who that person was. I suppose we get deniers everywhere in life

There was no "verbal confirmation".
― Saint Augustine
Dec 28, 2013 6:40 PM
Oct 2010
pkKodama said:
And why would he be so mad like that if he's the one who started it?
There are not many kids who can accept their own guilt when something bad happens to them as a consequence of their own actions, much less would I expect it from someone who cursed a girl just cause she rejected him.
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 28, 2013 6:49 PM

Jul 2012
pkKodama said:
plushkin said:
Ajunky said:
pkKodama said:

There was no "verbal confirmation".

Kaiki: I see. He's one of the many junior high kids that I deceived last time I was in this town. What's with this kid? Did he get inflicted with a reverse curse?
Dec 28, 2013 6:53 PM

Apr 2013
One of the best anime this year. Kaiki being killed off at the end and Nadeko turned back to normal. Looking forward to Kizu now.
REALITY IS A CRAPPY GAME

Dec 28, 2013 6:57 PM

Oct 2009
So when's SURUGA-DEVIL ?
Dec 28, 2013 6:59 PM

Apr 2011
Holy shit what an ending. And we're still not done yet with the whole story. Is Kaiki really dead now?
"Ogon’ po gotovnosti!"
Dec 28, 2013 6:59 PM

Jan 2011
So many wonderful Arcs this season 9/10 for me shame my boy kaiki had to go out like that

but seriously Ougi twice now she has brought people to their ends!
Dec 28, 2013 7:01 PM
Oct 2010
RedInv said:
So when's SURUGA-DEVIL ?
It's been announced (Hanamonogatari).

It's still too early to know when it's coming though, but don't worry, it is coming.
Friedrich Schiller
Dec 28, 2013 7:05 PM

Jul 2010
I think it was the best ending of this season. Just for this it deserves a nice score.
Too bad the first 5-6 episodes were annoying as fuck and pretty useless imo. I almost thought of dropping it, but I'm glad I didn't.

Regarding Kaiki, I think he saved the show. His character was brilliantly executed, and actually he was the icing on the cake of the show.
Also, we must really praise his voice actor too.

The talk about the "Gold" was the most memorable thing imo (kind of enlightening), aside Kaiki's death.

Ruriair said:
I didn't like the ending. First, Kaiki risks his life to save people he doesn't even like, and then he gets killed off? He's walking in the middle of nowhere, couldn't he see a little kid coming, or at least hear him?

Well he saved Senjougahara, and I think he liked her. Not in a romance way, but he did.
Dec 28, 2013 7:12 PM

Oct 2013
pkKodama said:

Saying that it's surely a girl just because we never had a voice actress playing a male character in Monogatari before is just absurd. You know, it's the first time in Monogatari that we hear a 14 year old boy talking and it's totally common in anime that young male characters get their voices from female Seiyuu's. As MagicFlier said, VAs have nothing to do with the character's gender.
And what do you even mean with "it was moving like a girl and mad like a girl"?
Anyway, this discussion feels very pointless since it doesn't matter if it was that certain guy or a new guy who "coincidentally" suffer from the same shit. (Though I still believe it's obviously the boy who cursed Nadeko during Bake.)
V0ltgDec 28, 2013 7:21 PM
Dec 28, 2013 7:29 PM

Jan 2008
Wtf Ougi? Also, F*** that kid that did Kaiki in. He should have died when he cursed Nadeko, after ending up being cursed himself. Kaiki better not be dead...we still haven't seen his entire back-story involving Kanbaru's mother yet. Again, F*** that junior high kid. Hope he bites the dust, that hypocrite. Dammit, now the series is over. Now all I can do is pray they make another season, hopefully explaining some unanswered questions.

Edit: Did people who watched this, not watch the very first season, where Nadeko was afflicted with 2 snake curses, each from a different person? My god. Seriously, it was the damn kid (boy) that cursed Nadeko from a while back. This is called Second Season for a reason you know, so it's not a stand-alone series you can watch along and get all that's going on. As for his voice actress, she's voiced plenty of shota characters. Plenty more females have voiced male characters...some even rare vice-versa (males voicing female characters). Your argument in invalid. F*** it. I'm tired of dealing with idiots.
Estoy_GordoDec 28, 2013 7:40 PM
Dec 28, 2013 7:33 PM
Nov 2013
Why are people arguing over the gender of the kid at the end as if it determines whether there is a direct relation to Nadeko? Or matters at all?

Boy or girl it doesn't matter. Nadeko was struck by two curses, one from the boy she turned down and one from a girl jealous she wasn't the one confessed to. Arguing over which one of them decided to knock Kaiki over the head is quite pointless.
Dec 28, 2013 7:33 PM
Jun 2013
Holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck.

KAIKI PLS DON'T BE DEAD.

I am so depressed right now.

I loved the foreshadowing of Oshinos whereabouts and return.... Hanamonogatari needs to come sooner.
Dec 28, 2013 7:42 PM

Jul 2013
Akanezora said:
I think it was the best ending of this season. Just for this it deserves a nice score.
Too bad the first 5-6 episodes were annoying as fuck and pretty useless imo. I almost thought of dropping it, but I'm glad I didn't.

The first 5-6 episodes of the season as in the whole entire Neko Shiro arc? Damn... you don't have to like Hanekawa but it's the second most popular arc of the novels for a reason buddy. Gotta at least acknowledge Nisio's work in the arc.
Dec 28, 2013 7:45 PM

Jul 2013
Ahh I'm gonna miss this one... one hell of a season...

I'm always surprised at monogatari's ability of making me like and care for every single character (except Hanekawa, but hey nothing is perfect). this last arc is a perfect example, didnt use to give Kaiki much credit, now that I got a deeper look at him he sure will be missed.

I guess now all that is left is wait for the movie and Hanamonogatari, btw does someone know which will come out first ? (or at least is scheduled to come out first)

One last thing, I am seeing some complaints about the execution of the animation... Really ? I thought I would only find graphic whores in games forums, but I guess not... oh well
Dec 28, 2013 7:47 PM

Apr 2013
Patureau said:

I guess now all that is left is wait for the movie and Hanamonogatari, btw does someone know which will come out first ? (or at least is scheduled to come out first)
It's slated for 2014, though who knows, it could end up like Kizu and be delayed, though somehow I doubt it will.
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 28, 2013 7:51 PM

Aug 2013
Manga in Nadeko's closet? I thought it would have been a diary, oh so close! But totally called it on something anticlimactic and seemingly insignificant.

Goodbye Kaiki :(

What a season. I think Mayoi leaving was the first time (in a verry loooong time) that I cried while watching anime.

10/10. Yay! Peace! Peace!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 28, 2013 7:57 PM

Jul 2011
Whats the negative comments about the animation? Be happy that it didnt go on a break this week but instead finished no matter how it looked.
Being mangaka was a truly insignificant dream and Kaiki getting killed just like that seemed to fit the situation to me (not to mention that it opened another path so we have the story to go in a different way from here on). Cant wait for more now :D
Dec 28, 2013 8:02 PM

Aug 2012
^Your avatar is keeping me from navigating away, well done.

Wow, I don't have any words..I want to think he's dead because it was so fitting and "poetic" that the boy who cursed Nadeko(there is absolutely no point in arguing this matter) killed him, but I could also see him writing himself off that way as to say that that should have happened to him, but since his character is no longer needed in the story he decided to write himself off this way. Though it makes more sense that he is dead because I can't see him really using the Ougi angle since that's just like her to scheme that, and Kaiki doesn't have near enough information on her. But this is Kaiki, so who knows..

Something's really making me wonder though. I think it's no coincidence Kaiki was thinking about Oshino until he got cracked, and then the first thing the kid says confirms Ougi is behind Kaiki's death. I mean I was almost expecting Oshino to appear with how focused Kaiki's monologue was on him.. I dunno, I love Oshino and know he is a true bro, but something is fishy about his connection to Ougi(if there really is one and she isn't just using his name) and it seems the direction of that ending was hinting at that. Way too soon to speculate on that though. I can't see any reason for him to have wanted Nadeko to be the god rather than Shinobu, and I wouldn't want it to be true.
AlexTheRiotDec 28, 2013 8:32 PM
Dec 28, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2013
Emnay said:
Patureau said:

It's slated for 2014, though who knows, it could end up like Kizu and be delayed, though somehow I doubt it will.

Wait, which one is due to 2014 ? kizu or hana ? or both ?
Dec 28, 2013 8:04 PM

Aug 2010
Don't get why Ougi will want to kill Kaiki...Also, that ending pissed me off so much....was hopping Kaiki will have a run in with kanbaru or explain why he wanted to visit her...but oh well. Waiting for the next installment

9/10 for the series for me
Dec 28, 2013 8:06 PM

Nov 2013
Oh hell naw, that bitch did not.

Ougi needs to go down, and I didn't even have to remember the name, just the antag from last arc.
Dec 28, 2013 8:11 PM

Apr 2012
Just when I am starting to like this guy.

RIP Kaiki
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Pages (15) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Yesterday, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 24, 2013

222 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 3:24 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2013

220 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 4, 3:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.