Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2013 1:31 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So it's finally all out. It's not a bad read if you're a hardcore Alto-Sheryl shipper, but to be honest, it's not a very solid story. I wish Kawamori had commisioned a more talented mangaka to do this. But in any case, Macross manga have never been as good as the anime.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 11, 2015 9:08 PM

Jul 2012
Uh, yeah I never watched Macross or whatever its called so this was... confusing.

It was around ~20 chapters length (since every chapter was 80+ pages long) and I still felt like it wasn't fleshed out enough honestly. The main pair was really likable. Alto is such a hunk, tbh ♥

The concept of the story was amazing, but execution lacked.
Nov 2, 2015 9:37 AM
May 2013
The art is good , but if you read this while you haven't watched the original manga/anime is hard to enjoy since many things are left unexplained .

I like this ending better than 2nd movie/anime series's ending .

At least this has an conclusion and Alto seems less annoying here than in anime .
May 3, 2020 2:03 AM
Aug 2017
at chapter 7 before end . ranka brother said ' in fact u and i... ' .

what ? not blood related or what
Nov 5, 2020 8:44 AM

Aug 2017
Pineapple cake reference... Also, I wonder how did Sheryl manage to change all those outfits so fast...some stage technology?

Well, that was a cute comedic chapter. Overall, the manga was very decent in terms of its artwork, but not so much in terms of the story...however, I just assumed that some version of the story (Movie/TV/mix of both) was happening in the background, so it was fine. I treated this one like a bonus, and it made me smile quite a lot.

P.S. Klan mentioning that Ranka had a boyfriend really got me surprised...
St0rmbladeNov 5, 2020 8:52 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy Chapter 8 Discussion

Ericc_star - May 3, 2020

1 by St0rmblade »»
Nov 5, 2020 8:28 AM

Poll: » Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy Chapter 7 Discussion

St0rmblade - Nov 1, 2020

0 by St0rmblade »»
Nov 1, 2020 2:27 PM

Poll: » Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy Chapter 6 Discussion

St0rmblade - Nov 1, 2020

0 by St0rmblade »»
Nov 1, 2020 1:06 PM

Poll: » Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy Chapter 5 Discussion

St0rmblade - Oct 30, 2020

0 by St0rmblade »»
Oct 30, 2020 1:46 PM

Poll: » Sheryl: Kiss in the Galaxy Chapter 4 Discussion

St0rmblade - Oct 29, 2020

0 by St0rmblade »»
Oct 29, 2020 3:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.