Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2013 9:04 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was fun.
The cast is pretty high tier. Tomokazu Seki, Horie Yui, Suwabe Junichi, Okamoto Nobuhiko, to name a few. I neither like nor dislike Seki as Korosensei but I'll live with it. His range is still so excellent.

And it covered the school trip arc. Guess this is for manga readers as most of the intro of the cast were in the earlier chapters, down to why Bitch-sensei is called Bitch-sensei(I love this name) and why those weapons are different.
That thick guidebook was a perfect weapon alright. And so detailed down to predicting the possible hiding spot. I want a book like that.
I loved it when Sensei joined in the swordplay skit. And the color changes with his mood are so fun to see. Plus those nonsense weakness.
In the end, he's really a nice guy with all his life lessons and full support to the students. Really wonder why he wants to destroy the Earth.

Great episode. Would really want a proper adaptation.
belatkuroDec 27, 2013 9:10 AM
Dec 27, 2013 9:21 PM

Apr 2012
aaah so they just did the kyoto arc...
mmm... korosensei's voice is kinda weird idk... but if there is to be an anime they'd probably stick with this voice.
it was pretty good for a special. shouldn't have A+ animation expectations so it was pretty decent, went pretty much just as i thought it would.
Dec 28, 2013 5:53 AM

Aug 2010
Enjoyed it a lot :D...Koro-sensei's voice is not what I was imagining. Not saying it was bad at all. On the contrary, I actually liked hearing Gilgamesh as a sensei lol XD

Dat guidebook. The dream of every student XD If only it wasn't so thick lol XD

Nagisa's voice is a bit too girly too. Well to be expected XD ^^;

Really love Koro-sensei. The part with Red Eye and the Bath was so hilarious XD
This guy is too cool :D
Dec 28, 2013 9:07 AM

Aug 2010
Yay, finally~! ^^
It wasn't bad, but I expected something, hmmm... I don't know... But I think there's no comparison between anime and manga. Manga is just perfect :D
But I liked it. So relaxing and funny. It was nice to hear amazing Okamoto Nobuhiko-san as Karma-kun. His voice is so sexy and evil <3 And I also think that Nagisa-chan's voice shouldn't be that girly... But he's a cute trap, so it's ok XD
Well, 7/10 from me.
I hope that someday we will see the whole story in anime version. I'm looking forward to it :)
suixdreamDec 28, 2013 9:14 AM
Dec 28, 2013 9:52 AM

Aug 2013
Well, frankly, I am very disappointed with this adaptation.

The seiyuus are awesome (Seki tomokazu!) but don't suit the characters. Yeah, with a voice like this...Nagisa... you became so girlish :3

Art was so so. Was it done by amateurs ? Maybe I am a little bit harsh, but I expected a better OVA !Otherwise, still enjoyable.
Dec 28, 2013 6:53 PM
Oct 2009
Agreed completely with everyone. The seiyuus certainly did not do a bad job but I felt like Korosensei and Nagisa really did not match those voices. The rest ranged from ok to a great match (Karma! xD), though.

I think the art style was a tiny bit upgraded from the manga? Or maybe the colors just really looked good? Anyway, it mostly looked pretty good. The animation itself was sadly pretty minimal, but there are few eye animations that I noticed as being really nice.

I guess they'll stick with the same cast for a full anime adaptation at some point, but I wish they'd reconsider~ x3
Dec 29, 2013 10:54 AM

Nov 2007
I was a bit surprised at hearing Toyama Nao using such a girly voice for Nagisa considering she can and has in the past used a much deeper and manlier tone to voice a boy character in a drama CD for a different series. Damn you sound director.

But overall this was a decent OVA. A real TV series should not be too far off.
Dec 29, 2013 11:12 PM

Dec 2013
Nagisa's voice is just too girly/ not fit for him to be honest.
Koro sensei's voice was 50/50 it was alright but not the best.
Karma's voice was perfect but i hoped for a more senile voice actor but oh well.

This adaption was 6/10 at best for me. Animation quality was kinda bad and needs work. A real 1~2 cour anime adaption might make it better but if they do adapt this anime into a TV series, they need to change A LOT of things tbh.

"If I don't have to do it, I won't. If I have to do it, I'll make it quick."
-Oreki Houtarou
Jan 1, 2014 2:31 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't expect that voice for Korosensei, but Nagisa's was fine, since his own classmates doubted he wasn't a girl until the swimming pool arc.
Jan 1, 2014 1:31 PM
Jul 2013
God, special so funny.

This scene gave me a good laugh, as happened with women:
http://i42.tinypic.com/vr9e9l.jpg
Jan 1, 2014 4:35 PM

May 2013
This special was really really enjoyable O_O , made me want to read the manga!
Korosensei was just hilarious XD, when is this becoming a series ;____;
Jan 2, 2014 9:03 PM

Jun 2008
I always felt Koro-sensei's voice was like Lelouch's for some reason - or at least more authoritative, this higher pitched voice sounds very very uncanny~.

P.S. Nagisa looked more awesome with white hair, than that oddly irritating shade of blue.
Jan 6, 2014 8:14 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, I really enjoyed this special, it covered the Kyoto Trip arc well and I like Koro-sensei's voice, although it wasn't what I was expecting. Although I honestly couldn't stand Nagisa's voice, it was way too girly, I wonder what Nao Toyama was doing. But this was a fun special, although the animation wasn't that great it still presented all the gags and jokes well, so I give it an 8, and I hope that later on down the line we get a full adaption (With better animation of course).
Jan 12, 2014 9:34 AM

Oct 2010
Good episode! It was interesting to see the Kyoto arc animated. Had a lot of range with the events and characters. Loved seeing Korosensei animated as well!
Though I have mixed feelings about his voice. There were parts were I liked it and and parts where I hated it. By the end, I had gotten pretty used to it though....
Hmmm...
I really hope this turns into a full series! XDDD
Jan 12, 2014 4:46 PM

Sep 2012
damn...it was good...cant wait for the series...if I have any complaint...it would be koro-sensei seiyuu...IMO it's just wont fit his character...i was imagine Koyama, Rikiya (Shinigami from Soul Eater) doing his voice >.<...I mean...i want him as koro-sensei!! T_T
Jan 13, 2014 12:04 PM

Sep 2010
lol Nagisa's voices I died when I heard it xD The voice needed to be a bit lower it will take some time to get used to when they make it into an TV series.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Feb 3, 2014 12:47 AM

Dec 2008
I so wish they will make this into a show after the mangas finished...Good stuff. 7/10
Feb 5, 2014 11:15 PM
Jul 2013
Nagisa's voice sounds...... girly... well, that's acceptable since he's practically a girl with a guy's organ.
And the moment where Korosensei's voice changes after answering Nagisa's phone call was awsome.
"There is no love greater than when he lays down his life for his friends."..... It seems I am not a good lover.
Feb 13, 2014 2:33 PM

Jul 2012
I really liked this. Fun show. Only problems I had were that the characters very forgettable (both their char design and personalities). I only remember Suwabe's character, Bitch-sensei and Koro, but I can't remember any of the students. :S 8/10

Would love an actual series for this.
Feb 14, 2014 4:06 AM

Nov 2009
The whole time I thought Nagisa was a girl, until that scene where the boys are in their room.

I haven't read the manga so I thought it had a gloomy atmosphere. Turns out it's the opposite. I really liked Koro-sensei. Will definitely read the manga.

Nurufufufufufu
amplifiedFeb 16, 2014 1:12 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2014 12:15 PM

May 2012
Pretty decent special, it has an interesting setting but the pace is rather on the slow side and other than the alien the characters are rather casual. It was nice but not really that wow.
Mar 8, 2014 9:09 AM
Dec 2012
why is there no series for this manga
Mar 8, 2014 10:36 AM

Jan 2012
Leio said:
The whole time I thought Nagisa was a girl, until that scene where the boys are in their room.

Same... ^^"

And really to me it seems they will get attached to the teacher and they seem that serious with their attempts... though it must be hard oO
Wonder if he really will destroy Earth oO he doesn't seem to be such a bad guy
Mar 8, 2014 1:56 PM

Nov 2011
When I was watching this, my head was screaming to me "Full TV series adaptation when?!"

Anyways, it was nice to see most of the main characters and Bitch-sensei Irina sensei. I thought the OVA was pretty fun. Well the part with those thugs wasn't fun. Good thing sensei was there though. What a boss.

Overall, 7/10.
Mar 8, 2014 2:05 PM

Oct 2011
Make this into a series!!! I want to know why Koro-sensei reason to destroy Earth.
Mar 8, 2014 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
Well, these 30 minutes made me sure this series is a waste of time. Still better than wasting time of couple of episodes to come to the same conclusion. Although you can't really expect much from a series basing one of its jokes on calling one of lame characters 'Bitch-sensei'... I wonder what was the last title that made me not give a single damn during a whole episode.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Mar 8, 2014 2:57 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
Lol didn't know they used a female VA for Nagisa, I was wondering who it was narrating at the beginning...it kind of works for him I guess. Animating the Kyoto field trip was a pretty good idea, it was one of those parts that I remember very clearly. I would love to see this as a series, though if that were to happen, it would probably not be until after it hits chapter 100 or so.
Mar 8, 2014 6:47 PM
Mar 2012
I'm pretty interested in seeing this adapted into a full TV series. The OVA was more interesting than I expected. Sucks that it didn't go too much in the backstory.
Mar 8, 2014 8:26 PM
Oct 2010
Honestly i was bit surprised with the voice actings but i dont gave a damn...this OVA is awesome
Mar 8, 2014 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
This is a pretty good OVA, though I wished they put it as an anime. Pretty diggin with the story and characters in here. I'm going to check out the Manga if I have some free time.

8/10.

Mar 8, 2014 11:37 PM

Dec 2011
I haven't read the manga yet because I'm waiting for it to get more chapters build up or be completed but it was pretty fun none the less..

I thought the blue haired person was a chick the entire time though until I saw him in the boys room at the end..

Also I don't understand if they are assassins how come they got kidnapped so easily in the first part?
Mar 10, 2014 10:39 PM

May 2012
Meh.
6/10 for this special.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Mar 18, 2014 1:01 PM
Aug 2011
Nagisa sounds way too feminine. I know he's not the manliest character you'll ever see but still.
Aside from that I didn't expect to hear a nice cast of veteran voices in this.

I've read a few chapters and it had some moments but this is the kind of thing that can get old and tired for me quickly.
Would still watch a TV series if they made one though.
Mar 25, 2014 2:11 AM

Jan 2012
it was nice i'm gonna read the manga or wait for it to get an anime
Mar 29, 2014 1:00 AM

Dec 2010
This was pretty fun! I've been reading the manga for forever, so its nice to see it get adapted in some form at least! I like the majority of the cast, but I feel like they made Nagsa a bit more ambiguous than he already was, which could be a slight problem...

All in all, I'm looking forward to when the series finally gets created! I imagine they will redo the Kyoto Arc and make it a bit longer.
Apr 8, 2014 12:38 PM

Jun 2011
I still can't see what's so great about this series. The first half was meh, the kidnappers were lame, trying to rape some middle schoolers. Second part with the sniper wasn't that great either, but better than the first part, and I enjoyed the last part the most, but that doesn't say much, really. "Bitch-sensei"
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Apr 19, 2014 8:06 AM

Apr 2013
Bitch-sensei is way better looking in the manga.
the special is okay overall.
May 18, 2014 2:51 AM

Feb 2011
That was pretty awesome :D Hoping for a full series because it deserves it.
Jun 25, 2014 7:35 AM

Apr 2012
Enjoyed it, though Koro-sensei's and Nagisa's voices seemed rather off to me. Gradient hair looked rather cheap...

Nonetheless, it's animated nicely and is fun to watch. A good manga adaptation.
Sep 22, 2014 3:10 PM

Jun 2013
Well I actually enjoyed that quite a lot. Hopefully the animation is better when the TV adaptation comes out.
Nov 7, 2014 2:19 AM

Dec 2011
This seems rather interesting to be honest and Koro-sensei's really hyped for the trip XD.

Nagisa looks pretty much like a freaking girl...

They're assassins but got beaten by delinquents... seems legit...

So Kanzaki once had a rebellious phase in her life because of her strich father eh.

Dat guidebook doe...

Koro-sensei's pretty epic himself XD.

I still can't get used to the name "Bitch-sensei"...

The episode was nice overall and I can't wait to see more.
"Let justice be done, though the heavens fall."
Nov 7, 2014 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
Why am i enjoying this so much
Nov 15, 2014 7:23 PM
Dec 2013
Why is nagisa looked like a genuine girl with voiced by touyama nao?
At first i thought nagisa is a girl but after watch and read the character description, they use 'he' instead of 'she' to pronounce nagisa
damn it
Nov 23, 2014 7:49 PM

Nov 2012
Looked really cheaply made.

But sure the actual TV series will look and be better.
Dec 21, 2014 6:32 PM

Jun 2012
Jan 9, 2015 10:46 AM

Dec 2010
....why is Nagisa voiced by a girl?
Jan 13, 2015 3:19 AM

May 2010
I actually watched this OVA by mistake, thinking it's the actual series. I liked it quite a bit.
Jan 23, 2015 12:34 PM

Sep 2013
Is this anime the same thing as this one: http://myanimelist.net/anime/28405/Ansatsu_Kyoushitsu_(TV):_Deai_no_Jikan

?? did they just show the same video 2 different years?
There's no magical spell to save someone's life.
Jan 30, 2015 1:38 PM
Content Admin
Overkilled Red

Aug 2013
Aside Koro-sensei, Red Eye was quite awesome too. Despite failing his assassination mission, he was still pretty chill.

Also, his VA made his character twice as great! (^^) Hope to see him soon in the TV series.

Mar 2, 2015 5:31 AM

Jan 2013
I don't like koro-sensei voice on this special.
And the animation.

That aside, was a rather fun.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» An alternative opening to Assassination Classroom

Faragoo - Aug 6, 2016

2 by Kotarou_ »»
Aug 6, 2016 4:59 AM

» Should I Start Ass. Class.

RuffyKun - Jul 13, 2015

5 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 15, 2015 6:36 AM

» Full TV series Confirmed!

Stark700 - Jun 23, 2014

6 by Zephyroths »»
Jun 23, 2014 8:24 PM

» Casts

SilentTruth - Sep 25, 2013

2 by Stark700 »»
Nov 27, 2013 9:04 AM

» Should I watch this if I haven't read the manga?

Ando - Sep 30, 2013

3 by Gigglepud »»
Oct 18, 2013 2:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.