Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 27, 2013 1:13 AM

Dec 2013
Im looking to start watching gintama but theres like four of them and i dont know which order to watch them in.
Also i really dont know much about it but if its better than naruto ill probably finish the series, are there any series ive seen that are comparable to it?
I'll Have You Know That I've Become Indestructible
Dec 27, 2013 1:19 AM

Jan 2010
Gintama --> Gintama' --> Gintama': Enchousen

You could also check the anime pages with the prequel/sequel thing. I don't know about the movies though, uh, for reason of I don't want to accidentally spoil myself.

And it's not similar to Naruto. Um, nothing on your list is really similar to it. Pretty much, expect a lot of classy fart jokes, parodies, gag humor, and the occasional serious arc featuring upgrades art/animation.
Dec 27, 2013 1:32 AM

Apr 2013
First of all, Gintama is a comedy so it's not very similar to other battle anime. Still, it has a couple of arcs which are more action packed, but they're few and far between and even though they're surprisingly good, those arcs are secondary compared to the comedic episodes.
Also, Gintama has a really mediocre start and it took me a while to start enjoying it, but when I did, it definitely became one of my favourite anime.
The order to watch it is something like:
Gintama, then the Benizakura movie, followed by Gintama', then Enchousen and finally the (for now) conclusive movie Yorozuya forever.
geraltDec 27, 2013 1:43 AM
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Dec 27, 2013 1:38 AM

Sep 2011
geralt said:
First of all, Gintama is a comedy so it's not very similar to other battle anime. Still, it has a couple of arcs which are more action packed, but they're few and far between and even though they're surprisingly good, those arcs are secondary compared to the comedic episodes.
Also, Gintama has a really mediocre start and it took a while to start enjoying it, but when I did, it definitely became one of my favourite anime.
The order to watch it is something like:
Gintama, then the Benizakura movie, followed by Gintama', then Enchousen and finally the (for now) conclusive movie Yorozuya forever.
pretty accurate

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 30, 2013 7:02 AM

Dec 2012
Thread moved from Anime Discussion Board.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gintama Episode 113 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Randomnamechange - Apr 13, 2009

113 by DigiCat »»
Apr 16, 2:59 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zerachroma - Jun 23, 2008

88 by decco6226 »»
Apr 16, 2:30 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 128 Discussion ( 1 2 )

llamaben - Aug 19, 2009

98 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 14, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 )

64 by ilovelidya »»
Apr 13, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Gintama Episode 123 Discussion ( 1 2 )

85 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Apr 13, 9:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.