Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jun 16, 2016 9:27 PM

Jun 2015
I cannot believe people are saying this was a trainwreck. One of the most beautiful endings i have seen for an anime. Almost as good as the code geass ending. The message behind the ending. Honestly the ending gave me many vibes that you would get from tales games. The theme of the anime, coexistance is the exact same theme used in all tales games, although unlike those games, this had a more bittersweet ending. While the end caused lots of chaos, it gave a glimmer of hope for the future which the kamitsuki will hope to bring. I honestly think they couldnt have picked a more perfect ending for this anime. And stop complaining about plot holes. I understood the story just fine. You may need to fill in a few blanks but its obvious that it was intended that way and many of the blanks arent that hard to fill
Grimgar season 2 please!!!!
Jul 31, 2016 11:07 AM
Dec 2013
3 years later and it still hurts.
Feb 12, 2017 3:38 AM
Aug 2016
Whose kid was that at end of last episode (with grey hairs)
Feb 12, 2017 3:39 AM
Aug 2016
daze3x said:
I cannot believe people are saying this was a trainwreck. One of the most beautiful endings i have seen for an anime. Almost as good as the code geass ending. The message behind the ending. Honestly the ending gave me many vibes that you would get from tales games. The theme of the anime, coexistance is the exact same theme used in all tales games, although unlike those games, this had a more bittersweet ending. While the end caused lots of chaos, it gave a glimmer of hope for the future which the kamitsuki will hope to bring. I honestly think they couldnt have picked a more perfect ending for this anime. And stop complaining about plot holes. I understood the story just fine. You may need to fill in a few blanks but its obvious that it was intended that way and many of the blanks arent that hard to fill

Its good that you like it but o don't think its gud to compare it with code geass like this show is a flop
Mar 22, 2017 11:42 PM

Jun 2009
"You're my friend." Cue the tears. I'm glad A-Drei lived and it's so cute that L-Elf was a best man.
Jul 18, 2017 3:21 PM

Jul 2015
This is, yet again, another series that I really want to like, but all the plotholes and what not make it so difficult... ugh. There's still a lot of question up in the air, which sucks because it doesn't seem like we'll be getting any answers any time soon. As a shipper, I was left very unsatisfied haha. But that aside, it was still unsatisfying. The ending is laughable. I'm really sad in the way this anime turned out, because of the misused potential. Welp, in spite of all these things, it was still enjoyable to some extent, therefore, I am indeed going to miss characters such as Rukino Saki and L-Elf. Leaving this with a 6/10.

caught in the wonder
Jul 29, 2017 11:24 AM

Nov 2009
Thought it was fantastic by the end, everything just seemed to come together for me especially Haruto who bugged me in both seasons for just not accepting his situation which just took too long but when he finally did it was very satisfying.

9/10
Dec 5, 2017 1:42 PM
Nov 2015
Is it me,or does the Prince look like the child of L-Elf and Haruto?It haw L-elf's hair and Haruto's child.Do you think it could be the genetically engineered child made of L-Elf's and Haruto's genes?
Dec 17, 2017 7:00 AM
Nov 2017

the little kid who is his father and mother
Dec 26, 2017 9:13 AM
Aug 2015
I completely hated how it ended. They didn't apologize to haruto nd he saved them FUCK THEM ALL!!!
Jan 31, 2018 1:57 PM

Jul 2013
The ending was an absolute trainwreck (especially those two aliens Shoko confronts at the end, like, WTF), but, considering that the series was practically one, it's not surprising. I think they should have made another episode/OVA to expand on the ending and explain things better instead of cramming everything in the last minutes, but, well...

I'm just happy L-elf, A-drei, Kriemhild (who deserved more screentime) and the president of the student council (who even married his waifu like a true man, after all the things he had to stand through the series, he sure deserved some relief) survived. Too bad X-eins had to die, though.

This series was sure a ride. It was fucking ridiculous and cheesy, but, for that same reason, I couldn't stop to watch it. I genuinely enjoyed it, even if the ending wasn't the best. I would have liked to watch this when it was airing, since the discussions here are hilarious, but, no one is perfect after all. Also, the openings of both season were fucking awesome.
IllyricusMay 26, 2018 12:34 PM
Mar 17, 2018 9:04 AM

Sep 2014
As much as this whole thing has been a mess, a mess that barely holds together, it was still a surprisingly nice watch. A vast cast of likeable characters, on both sides of the conflict, cool mechas and ideas behind them (the consuming of memories, life and all that for power), some edge and cheese every now and then made it never get boring, and had me drawn in at all times. The designs of characters and robots were great, so was the music.
It definitely could have been better, could do with less school stuff, and instead explore the important ideas, but it was a very enjoyable experience, and that's important to me. Together with Cross Ange, these are the shows with huge discrepancy between quality of writing and coherency, and the enjoyment of watching.

And I have to admit, L-Elf calling Haruto his friend made me shed a tear.

7/10, had a good time.
Aug 26, 2018 1:07 AM

Apr 2015
I just finished watching the anime.
For the people that said that Saki is a worst girl
Think about it, she's always in love with Haruto even after 200 years..
She's telling the person she love to confess to Shoko even though it will only hurt her feeling
And I really admired her character for still keeping a promise even after 200 years
Jun 24, 2019 12:43 AM

Feb 2014
This show was so wrong that it felt so good. Haruto was an idiot of an MC till the end. Saki was too loyal to the one who understood her. And those extra students were the worst to bite the hand that fed them. RIP Yamada, Haruto and the fallen heroes.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 28, 2019 1:44 PM
Mar 2019
Fucking ending
Hero Die die die whyyy???????
Sep 27, 2019 8:23 PM
Jul 2018
Wow I can't believe people are spewing nonsense about this anime, it's like they are just copying the negativity from the same person. That's why I hate these kind of forums. You gotta see it from both sides and make your call. I really enjoyed the show, the action scenes were one of the best for a mecha genre. A lot of suspense through out the anime. There are some unexplained things for sure, but it doesn't mean they are the same as plot holes - they are completely different. All in all, a great show
Feb 9, 2020 1:52 AM
Feb 2020
Ok here's some answers first for the Marie and Haruto only losing memories is because of Pino in Unit 1, Pino gets hungry so she must take more runes than the other Valvrave
At the last battle with Unit 2 (Cain) had caused a leak of runes for Haruto's Valvrave so he lost his memories even though he took some of L-elf's runes... Hope that pretty much sums it up..
Now for the pendant of Saki it must have a picture of Haruto inside(just a guess)
For the mysterious prince at the flashforwards it must be the son of A-drei and his wife...not sure about the wife though, the wife of A-drei can be Akira or Saki...A-drei probably got married because he caught the flower at Takahi's wedding
That's all i have to offer, I hope it helps with your questions...
If I'll rate this anime it would be 8/10 pretty tricky with the plot holes there..it took me a day to process the whole thing
Sep 11, 2020 6:18 PM
Jun 2020
Dude where is the rest of the story? Did the LN and manga spinoffs ever answer any questions? At least make a movie or something come on.
Jan 26, 2021 2:13 PM

Jul 2013
binge rewatched this and I just wanna say I appreciate this more now, from a high 9 --> 10/10. Even Geass had too many dull moments and fillers while every second of Valvrave you're just taken aback. The story first and foremost is about their struggles, the emphasis on how they solve the conflict which made the show so good instead of giving more unnecessary backstories for every enemy killed shounen style.
Feb 18, 2021 7:15 AM
Apr 2020
Welp.. That was a really sad way to end the series based on what Shouko said at the last minute of the ep. But hey atleast they didn't die in vain, so I guess this is still a good ending.

7+1/10=8/10 overall, considering the anime's good wrap-up. Pretty average Action-Mecha anime but still a lil bit entertaining series.
Mar 30, 2021 5:14 PM
Nov 2014
too bad haruto had to die, but it was coming since he was already dead since the first ep lol. it was good to see everyone else had happy endings, arus president deserved worse but glad to see the magius got screwed.

power of friendship beaten cain, not bad. i wish we have an extra episode in ova style, just to see what happens after haruto died and how the marriage between satomi and takahi take place. the epilogue went by too fast.
Feb 20, 2022 5:16 AM

Oct 2010
decent ending, at least saki survived and the school evolved into a galactic empire. RIP haruto, he was annoying
6/10
Jul 11, 2022 7:07 PM

Feb 2020
lol'd a bit when eru erufu called haruto his friend. since when have you fuckers been friends?? it was almost as funny as the scene where he was punching haruto through the space suit

so who's kid was that in the end? I'm guessing a descendent of one of the white haired dudes. not like it really matters though
Jun 22, 2023 9:36 AM

Jan 2019
if not for Shoko Sashinami, then perhaps Haruto would have had a chance to survive this war and, most likely, he would have started a relationship with Saki, as he realized that love for Sashinami is, as they say, a “gone train”
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
I totally forgot this was a bad end. Really liked this series, gonna watch it a third time in 10 years
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

336 by AZakuII »»
Aug 10, 2023 9:31 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

142 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 28, 2021 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.