Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Dec 24, 2013 8:50 PM

Aug 2013
woah, Dat Gravity Canon.

Nice fight.

and in the end.. Takao is back! and gave Gunzo a hug! hahaha lucky one... Will they have a sequel? Hmmm, maybe no, but it'd be better if it does.

Oh well, There'll be a KanColle upcoming, just like this. Gotta prepare for that.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Dec 24, 2013 11:17 PM

Jul 2013
Nice battle
Lol Iona ninja jumping on those missiles.. "WOMAN YOU CRAZY"
Takao is back! And gives Gunzou a hug lol
Good way to end the season, would like to see a 2nd season, but wouldn't mind if it didn't get one either.
(I wouldn't want the 2nd season to ruin how good it's been so far)
Dec 25, 2013 12:58 AM

Mar 2012
What an awesome final episode~! Definitely my favorite of the whole show, everything was nicely concluded and what an awesome battle~!
Dec 25, 2013 1:02 AM

Dec 2013
Great ending that felt complete! Wouldn't mind if there is a season 2 though. We might see Kongou join the fleet in the next season or maybe not. Who knows.

All in all, an excellent anime series.
Dec 25, 2013 4:04 AM

Sep 2013
the last episode we see the ability of Iona , which is the main character in the anime , she done great moves of leapings , they finally showed some action from Iona
Dec 25, 2013 7:28 AM

Jun 2011
Wow Dere Kongou is too cute. The fight scenes were epic. That giant heavygravity cannon is too badass, it annihilated an entire fleet with 1 shot and could fire again so quickly.

Takao hugging Gunzou is too good, had to rewatch that several times.

Overall AWESOME series. Was doubting to watch this mid season but boy am i glad i did. Every episode had me wanting more. The CGI was weird to me at the start but it grew on me and looks so natural now. OP ED and Inserts were awesome one of the best this season, great job nano and Trident.

Hoping for a season 2 though i wonder how they will continue it since it deviated quite a lot from the manga. 9/10. Goodbye my weekly dose of Takao T_T
Dec 25, 2013 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
Pretty good finale overall, and I heard this show lead away from the manga later on? Hopefully it doesn't ruin its chances for another season, because I'd be okay w/ another season.

7/10.
Dec 25, 2013 5:42 PM

Mar 2010
HNNGGGGGHH!!! Kongou was so f**king cute in this episode. I wanted to hug her just as Iona did. And that hug was adorable as well.

The fight was awesome and Dat budget! And even though the ending was predictable from the last few episodes, it was still great.

Haters gonna hate the ending. My final score for this anime is 9/10.
Dec 25, 2013 7:03 PM

Oct 2013
Brego1 said:
An unexpectedly decent series. I'm hoping for a second season ( I'm really curious about the Fog and the origins of Iona and her relationship to Gunziu's dad). At the very least an Ova featuring the Tsundere Heavy Cruiser Takao (wasn't she adorable jumping on Gunziu's when's he got her body back?).

pretty this, incredible serie, awesome, DESERVE a Second season
Dec 25, 2013 7:41 PM

Feb 2012
Came into this show expecting something mediocre given its choice of art/animation. I leave satisfied and impressed. I didn't expect CG in an anime to be done so well to the point where I wouldn't even notice it after a few eps. The plot and battles were decent, and the characters were likeable ( Takao <3 )

I wouldn't mind seeing more full CG anime like this as long as it fits the show and is done well. It's unfortunate that there are people out there that dropped the show early on due to the CG and I don't blame them. I was very skeptical at first but I am glad I stuck with it.

Overall a good show, 7/10.
Dec 25, 2013 8:08 PM

Jul 2012
Solid is the one word I'd describe this series. I certainly didn't expect the character development to be as good as it is. I usually don't mind CGI so it wasn't a turn off for me in the beginning anyways, but I must say that I like how it has been incorporated in the show.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Dec 25, 2013 10:08 PM

Oct 2013
lol "that's no battleship", I thought Kongou's ship looked like the Death Star but I didn't expect them to reference Star Wars.

I like that they restored Takao in the end but Kirishima stayed in her bear form, most likely for Makie which is really sweet.

I watched this show entirely because of nano, and I'm glad I did. I was a little put off in the beginning because of the lack of character development for Gunzou and his human crew, but I understood later that they were really the supporting characters to the Fog in this version (not sure about the manga).

I do feel this is a good ending for the show, but I'm hoping for a second season anyway. I would love to see more.
Dec 26, 2013 1:34 AM

Aug 2008
Nice confrontation there. The only thing though, I wonder what is Kongou's status now (in the anime). I don't think the FOTF are gonna take it kindly that she obliterated that American Fog fleet. And she isn't with the Blue Steel fleet.

A freelance? Hmm.

And I gotta say, even though the animation style is non-standard, the general quality standards were consistent. Whereas in regular 2d you can notice "mistakes" here and there pretty often, I don't recall seeing anything like that here.

The OST was nice too. I loved this show.
Dec 26, 2013 3:03 AM

Jun 2011
Wow great ending. If they're going to make a sequel, I'd be sure to sit through it. The last scene was awesome, the sea is huge! I was lost during the Iona vs Kongou battle, lots of plot armor and willpower imo, but whatever, they got their happy ending, so all's fine. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 26, 2013 3:06 AM

May 2013
I really like the OP of this anime :D
But there was no OP in the last episode so i decided to watch the OP :D

Kirishima will be a teddy bear forever?
Takao was Revive :D
And the Bad Guys are now Good Guys :D
I like this anime :D
Dec 26, 2013 3:34 AM
Feb 2012
Truly one of the season's best shows. A very entertaining experience to say the least.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 26, 2013 4:37 AM

Feb 2010
Possibly one of the underdogs, great end. :)

Everyone here is even so generous they give praise and give the series a 6 or 7 lol. Just admit it already.
CashdaxDec 26, 2013 4:45 AM
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 26, 2013 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
The origin of the Fog stays a mystery and the action was over the top in this episode.

Overall 5/10.
Dec 26, 2013 8:24 AM

Jun 2013
Very good episode and a nice ending to the series, will really miss it.

Hoping for a second season and I'll definitely buy the BD!
Dec 26, 2013 11:30 AM

Dec 2011
it was good but the end was kinda cheesy
Dec 26, 2013 4:20 PM

Apr 2011
Amazing show! I wasn't even going to watch this show either. This was the suprise of the season for me. I can't wait to buy the manga when it comes out in June of 2014 in the US. Takao 4 life. 10/10
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Dec 26, 2013 9:13 PM

Apr 2012
this anime was pretty ok, but it's not my genre. 7/10 ^^
Dec 26, 2013 11:30 PM

Jan 2011
That was good shit through and through. Enjoyed each week. Although Death Star Kongo was a little stupid it was a good finale.

Thoroughly enjoyed this series. Didn't expect it to be a stand out this season. 9/10
Dec 27, 2013 12:38 AM

Oct 2010
Introducing BATS.

Best
Anime
This
Season

I kid you not. The amount of feelz in that swept me away, which rarely happens.
Dec 27, 2013 12:48 AM

Apr 2011
I loved the ending! Was actually rather surprised when Iona convinced Kongou to give up her rampage of revenge. The action budget was through the roof, I loved watching Iona running along the missiles and plunging towards Kongou's physical form. They made Kongou's final form way too OP, only Friendship No Jutsu was going to save the day this time.

Really loved this show, beautiful animation, beautiful girls, and dat tsundere battleship. Mmm, Takao.

10/10
Dec 27, 2013 1:33 AM

Oct 2009
That battle!! That was pretty dam good even though it was cheesy, Kongou is awesome <3

This series was really surprisingly WAY better than I expected. I was going for an 8/10 but I didn't feel some of the last episodes.

7.5/10
Dec 27, 2013 4:49 AM

Nov 2010
The scene i401 appears from an explosion and runs over the missiles seems a speeded up version of the aerial combat in "009 Re:Cyborg". At least, the production is the same. Beautiful.
Dec 27, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2012
Terrible episode and ending, the only bit i liked was the credits as it revelled how everything finished.

Overall the anime show was Great, but this episode- was shockingly bad in my opinion.

Dec 28, 2013 7:41 AM
Jun 2010
Lame. very pretty and flashy, but lame and totally predictable.

Kind of frustrating to see another interesting setting and setup wasted on this kind of plot and ending. But who am I kidding, it was perfectly clear from at least the fanservice episodes they weren't going for anything serious anyways.

Would have been worth watching just for the fights, if they involved more strategy and less shounen-powerups and blatantly ignoring how protagonist's sub should have sank several times over.

Oh well, at least this proves that great things can be expected of CGI in the future
Dec 28, 2013 10:06 AM

Jul 2012
I actually never started this series, until I was setting up my shanaproject follows and gave it a try. Sure glad I did. Loved it. Want more
Dec 28, 2013 10:07 AM
Photojournalist

Apr 2007
I have COMPLETED Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova. FINAL SCORE: 4/10. I had to give this anime a 4/10, I had no other choice. The Anime was poorly made. I had some hope that the Anime would be good based off the preview. The character development sucked, the animation was choppy(don't do CGI!!!) and the show left more questions than it answered. Why are the Fog really attacking humans? Some code doesn't sound like much of a reason. Who/what gave Iona the order to do what Gunzou says? Why did Iona lose her memories? What is her background story? How did Gonza get the other humans crew to join? What are their history? Do things improve with the Fog and Humans? I could go on! I've seen hundreds of Anime and this Anime might be one of the most poorly made Anime I have ever seen that wasn't a 100% random show. I liked Iona but aside from her and the action scenes, this Anime sucked.
Dec 28, 2013 4:31 PM

Feb 2013
That was great!

So much pretty lasers...
Iona dancing on missiles...

Takao got her body back... but why didn't Kirishima? Shes still in the teddybear...

I had a lot of fun watching this show. :) Definitely my favorite of the season.
Dec 28, 2013 6:38 PM

Jun 2011
Lolicon said:
I have COMPLETED Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova. FINAL SCORE: 4/10. I had to give this anime a 4/10, I had no other choice. The Anime was poorly made. I had some hope that the Anime would be good based off the preview. The character development sucked, the animation was choppy(don't do CGI!!!) and the show left more questions than it answered. Why are the Fog really attacking humans? Some code doesn't sound like much of a reason. Who/what gave Iona the order to do what Gunzou says? Why did Iona lose her memories? What is her background story? How did Gonza get the other humans crew to join? What are their history? Do things improve with the Fog and Humans? I could go on! I've seen hundreds of Anime and this Anime might be one of the most poorly made Anime I have ever seen that wasn't a 100% random show. I liked Iona but aside from her and the action scenes, this Anime sucked.

Man, not all anime have a conclusive ending, the manga is still on going so if you want to know more, read the manga, that, or wait for a sequel. This whole season could probably be seen as nakama recruitment, where conveniently all of those battleships kinda formed an attachment to Gunzou, somehow became their ally.

And don't just hating on the CGI just because it's CGI, it's used very well in this show.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Dec 28, 2013 7:30 PM

Jan 2013
Lolicon said:

Rather harsh, eh? The animation looked fine to me. Did you somehow miss all the nice battles, amusing comedy, and decent drama?
Salmon is delicious.
Dec 29, 2013 1:36 AM

Apr 2011
Magebane said:
Lame. very pretty and flashy, but lame and totally predictable.

Kind of frustrating to see another interesting setting and setup wasted on this kind of plot and ending. But who am I kidding, it was perfectly clear from at least the fanservice episodes they weren't going for anything serious anyways.

Would have been worth watching just for the fights, if they involved more strategy and less shounen-powerups and blatantly ignoring how protagonist's sub should have sank several times over.

Oh well, at least this proves that great things can be expected of CGI in the future

In that case I would recommend you read manga, wich is seinen and doesn't make stupid mistakes in execution.

ToG25thBaam said:
Lolicon said:

Man, not all anime have a conclusive ending, the manga is still on going so if you want to know more, read the manga, that, or wait for a sequel. This whole season could probably be seen as nakama recruitment, where conveniently all of those battleships kinda formed an attachment to Gunzou, somehow became their ally.

And don't just hating on the CGI just because it's CGI, it's used very well in this show.

You are wrong here, anime vastly deviated from it's source into point it's completely different story, so inconclussive ending and unanswered question can't be handwaved with such excuse. In first place these deviation WAS MADE to have conclussive ending in first place.

Even as fan of Arpeggio I don't particulary mind creative changes, some of them was even interesting, but unfortunetely Ars Nova doesn't get even close to it's original . 6/10 out of benevolence.
Tenzen12Dec 29, 2013 1:43 AM
Dec 29, 2013 1:39 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Too bad, I do not know if because of the sub Italic, but the much-vaunted dilemma, does not seem well developed in words. In fact, neither satisfies me, perhaps I have seen many of the same conduct, it seemed like half of déjà vu.
Narratively speaking seemed to see Rocky, the good that seize from Apollo to the end, then click the final quarter of an hour, where good wins over evil! LOL
I do not know I wanted something that would be more elaborate and there was a strategy, really! ^ ^ "
Visually it was not well-developed battle against a superpower like that, at least a pair of aces in the sleeves had to leave it free to resent, and instead, they could argue, without even a scratch! Crazy! XD

Graphically it was good, and the animations are not dropped that much, compared to the first episode was very melgar anyway.
erie souls who waited a lot, I have met in the middle because of the good initial clashes, which then gradually became too easy and obvious to the plot a bit at the end. The characters were not bad, too little time to develop them well, even graphically were well characterized, a shame to end.
I hope there is a second season much, much more substantial and more intriguing.
Since they are magnanimous vote for this episode is 5/5, but I would have given 4/5, while the final one goes from 6/10 to 7/10 by reserving the right to revisit the series in BD version and evaluate it better.
Dec 29, 2013 9:30 PM

Jun 2013
Okay...this was good ending to Oc Anime....many things were left from Manga or changed but this was Pretty good series. Like the Manga better tough, More mysterious...

So Iona got trough Kongou and Now she was left somewhat to their Side. and So We did not see Return of Maya. Pooh.

Lol, Takao really did not waste Time when she got her Body back.XD Jump hug to Gunzou!!! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 29, 2013 11:12 PM

Mar 2012
To all those people who dropped this anime saying about the animation being CGI.

They missed out a great anime
Dec 30, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2012
power of friendship saves the day!! cliche, but it was still nice.
overall, a nice show. kind of wished we'd got more backstory, like how the members of the fleet came together, but i guess the focus was on the shipgirls after all. teddy-bear kirishima was my personal star of the series!!
7/10
Dec 30, 2013 9:45 AM

May 2013
Nice series ending seems anticlimatic -1

But overall a great anime
abit disappointed for diverging from manga

9/10
Dec 30, 2013 12:37 PM

May 2008
Just finished the show. I think I'll continue to read manga. Could anyone tell me which chapter is continuing from the end of anime? Or should I read it all over since the anime is deviated too much?
Dec 30, 2013 2:21 PM

Apr 2011
You should read it all over, but if you are too lazy you can start from chapter three.
Dec 30, 2013 9:44 PM
Oct 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Loved it sooo much >.<

Iona showing emotions just makes her seem so different. She's much more lovable now. That near death experience made her adorable <3...Dat smile at the end made my heart fluffy :)

The Battleship action and Kongou vs Iona one on one combat this episode were just friggin top notch and screw every CG hater for this series. It was EPIC!! Iona's agility flying and jumping of rockets and how she kept dodging Kongou's OP spamming of abilities and dual wielding was so damn amazing!! Loved the animation there. EPICNESS OVERLOAD!!

I felt really bad for Kongou at the start. Iona just opened her Dere tap when she touched her, and damn her dere side is just to friggin cute >.<...Loved the part where Iona hugged her. So Kawaiii <3...Dem tears :*) At the end when she was smiling holding her hand was adorable. Dere Kongou is <3

Good to see Takao back too ^^...Lol'd at the end with Iona telling Gunzou he was pathetic XD

Loved the series overall. 8.5/10 :D

Totally agree, such a FANTASTIC show.

Agreed, -ShadowClaw- and everyone else, I'd so totally love for more, I really think the show has done well enough to deserve another season.
DangerMouseDMDec 30, 2013 10:19 PM
Jan 1, 2014 9:50 AM
May 2012
Despite the CG art, it was not really bad, the visuals were amazing, Preety decent sci-fi overall.

7/10.
Jan 1, 2014 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
Amazing last episode. Show is an easy 9. It was a great surprise, and I hope it sells really well.
Jan 4, 2014 10:24 PM

Apr 2009
It's always exciting to watch somebody jump and walk/run over the bodies of incoming missiles, rockets and torpedoes. Reminds me of parkour, though in this case, the buildings and obstacles are missiles which are trying to blow you in the first place to kingdom come. XD

...and they live happily ever after. *yawn* Despite the moefication, I watched this for the naval ships, tactics and maneuvers, I think I got some of those so this series was still OK by me. 7/10

The end title card was cute though...there's lots of them still. >_<
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 5, 2014 2:31 PM

Aug 2012
The action, art, characters, cinematography, music, the plot and its progression, ship maidens... this series is so great.

The CG animation generates dazzling and glorious scenes, including the naval armaments and battles, and especially Takao's beautiful underwater display of pure endearment. I shed some magnificent tears that scintillated in the setting sun, reflecting the hope of humanity through a rainbow prism of crystal as it cascaded down my rosy cheek.

Nothing but enjoyable, and a contemporary production that only complements the show's genre and purpose. High regards to Arpeggio, and aptly so.
Jan 6, 2014 6:45 AM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
It was a good ending, especially the epilogue.

Vooo said:
Really liked it! I hope season 2 with the Crimson team comes.

So I've started reading the manga. Cannot find any news of a 2nd series. Would love to see it. Has anyone heard anything?
Jan 6, 2014 2:59 PM
May 2013
I never saw that missile parkour coming 0.o (As well as Kongou absorbing Maya and the Nagara ships in the last episode)
Jan 6, 2014 7:00 PM

Jul 2012
And I thought I already learned this lesson a while back. But I still held a faint glimmer of hope. BUT KNOW THIS! NEVER! EVER! EXPECT TOO MUCH OUT OF AN ANIME ORIGINAL ENDING!!!!! It was OK over all but it made the entire series seem a bit too cheesy and cliche that I fear the anime only viewers who are less than impressed w/ that aren't going to be up for reading the manga. Haaah.... Oh well. To those who are having second thoughts about reading the manga after watching this I encourage you to do so. It's too different. Like the difference between Everest and the Marianas trench. Cheers guys.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2013

124 by djharvey »»
Jun 13, 2020 5:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.