Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 22, 2013 12:24 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Holy shit Hakuryuu !

Episode was okay I guess. This whole war thing is escalating at its prep stages.
Oh well at least they adapted the part with Hakuryuu right. Gotta take back the nation :o Nice to see Judal again of course. I miss this guy tbh.

Ending was pretty tense. Dat OST. Judal's offering to lend a hand creeps me out tbh. Nice to see Aladdin though again. I love his new outfit.
Dec 22, 2013 12:28 AM

Nov 2007
lol @ SuzuKen's character. That guy that looks the oldest (Nakamura-san?) wanting Hakuryuu to be the king? Wow, the king's body... Now that lady (the mother) is the next king (queen)? It seems like she's like Kimura-san's character (with black magois).

ED moving to Aladdin's final exam. So those two also survived.

Next ep. on January 5, 2014.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2013 2:08 AM

Jun 2011
And here i taught Sindbad was OP. The power of Zagan is not enough now i see why Sindbad was reluctant in going to war with the Empire of Koh.
Dec 22, 2013 3:15 AM

Sep 2009
Hakuryuu. I think he has black magoi now. His plan totally back fired.
Dec 22, 2013 3:19 AM
Feb 2012
The only things I enjoyed about this episode were the choice for Gyokuen's seiyuu and that particular OST that played during Hakuryuu's attack on said woman.
Other than that the episode simply lacked impact in so many ways; Kouen declaring his desire to unite the world, or the stand-off between his household and Al Thamen, to name a few. They even got the color patterns of Kouen's household members wrong.

Whatever, as long as it gets people to read and buy the manga, I'm satisfied.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 22, 2013 3:33 AM

Sep 2011
That OST during Hakuryuu and his mom's face off, eargasmic.

The ending song fused with Aladdin's mass improvement.

Is it just that the robes make him look bigger or has he actually grown up a bit?
Dec 22, 2013 3:42 AM
Feb 2012
dreadknightnero said:

The ending song fused with Aladdin's mass improvement.

Is it just that the robes make him look bigger or has he actually grown up a bit?

It's the latter. He's grown quite a bit.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 22, 2013 3:50 AM

Feb 2011
dreadknightnero said:

I was thinking the same. And I kinda like Hakuryuu , he could go to such lengths to see his revenge fulfilled.
Dec 22, 2013 3:59 AM

Jul 2013
did any one else watch the credits and see Aladdin performance?
Dec 22, 2013 4:05 AM
Jan 2013
Fuar wish I hadn't read the manga now :/
Dec 22, 2013 4:40 AM

Sep 2011
Damn! Hakuryuu going in for the kill>.<

The first part is kinda weak but the 2nd HOLLY SHIT! THAT BITCH......

Next ep~ titus ~
Dec 22, 2013 5:15 AM

Jul 2012
Judal is back and he is scheming to use Hakuryuu against his mother.

Great episode!!!
Dec 22, 2013 5:17 AM

Mar 2013
Hakuryuu looks so great, very cool XD
and Hakuryuu's mother like a whore, go hell you bitch >.<.. tsk
VadNAPDec 22, 2013 5:21 AM
Dec 22, 2013 5:36 AM

Aug 2010
That was an absolutely brilliant episode!! So tense :D

Loli Kougyoku was Kawaii <3 and Ka Kobun's monologue was so lol with his alternative motives XD

Kouen's conversation with Hakuei and Hakuryuu was nice and interesting. Kougyoku listening to it was funny and cute :3...I wonder what Sinbad did to her seeing as how she's hearing weird sounds?

The part with who will be the emperor was really intense!! Damn, Gyokouen's such a bitch!!! Her VA was brilliant! Just makes u hate her guts which is what I think is their goal and boy they did it well ^^ I hate that bitch and her acting, My reaction was exactly like Kouha when she was hugging Kouen Blaaagh <_<

Once again, Hakuryuu got rejected by a girl, this time his sister. Every girl close to him rejects him and then his meeting with his mother was so epic!!! She's so OP!!
Totally got his ass handed to him O_o? But no wonder he's gonna be joining Judal now. He'll surely hate his destiny and go to the dark side completely. Dat OST!!

The build up and foreshadowing for Kouen attacking Magnostadd was nice too.

The last scene with Aladdin was so friggin EPIC!! gave me goosebumps with how BA he's becoming and everyones reaction hehe. Dat mirage :D

Nxt ep Titus!! He looks so girly XD
Dec 22, 2013 6:14 AM

Jan 2013
Was I the only one that thought that Hakuryuu's mom was going to kiss him while they were battling ? xD
Dec 22, 2013 6:42 AM

Jun 2013
marian11 said:
Was I the only one that thought that Hakuryuu's mom was going to kiss him while they were battling ? xD

No, you were not the only one. xD
Dec 22, 2013 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
marian11 said:

It was similar in the manga, but it looked more legit in this episode.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Dec 22, 2013 6:58 AM

Oct 2013
Aladdin!!! Longer hair I think. Wow.

I like the 3 brothers talking.
Dec 22, 2013 7:13 AM

Jun 2011
WOW.. Evil bitch.. HAKU is freakin impressive!
amazing episode 5/5
Dec 22, 2013 7:15 AM

Dec 2012
Great episode! The tension continues to build and the intensity is amazing. Just like the OST during the fight. The chorus was awesome!
Dec 22, 2013 7:29 AM

Aug 2013
SwordBlader said:
Fuar wish I hadn't read the manga now :/

I know right, I feel the same way. It'd be way cooler to see this stuff for the first time
Dec 22, 2013 8:11 AM

Dec 2013
Hakuryuu's personality really changed.

Things are getting heated up now, Hakuryuu's mother became the next king instead of Kouen.
Kouen's plan to make Hakuryuu the next king, it seems that it won't work.
Also Hakuryuu's plan seems to has failed, now the only thing we can expect is the war, while the Kou-Empire is controlled from behind by Al-Thamen.

Now Hakuryuu's mother even want to kill Hakuei..

After finishing this season, I'm going to read the manga for sure!!
Dec 22, 2013 8:50 AM

May 2013
Dang Hakuryuu's pissed. That was a nice ice tower that Aladdin made at the end. Looks like we are going to see Titus next episode.
Dec 22, 2013 9:37 AM

Dec 2013
Overall a plot episode, Glad to see Koumei and Kouha Ren, glad its following the manga <3, I will be happy if Magi runs like HxH, I want to see 100+ eps x]
Dec 22, 2013 10:09 AM

Dec 2009
Can't help but feel for Hakuryuu, his own mother killed his brothers and tried to kill him so his grudge against her is valid. I think the only reason why he's being driven to the dark side is because he's alone and has no one to help appease his hatred (his own sister can't seem to understand). Nonetheless I give this episode 4/5 Djinn Equip :D !!
Dec 22, 2013 10:45 AM

Jul 2010
Oh poor Hakuryuu, I feel deeply for him. Blinded by the hatred, without his sister support and such no wonders he's so lost.

Btw, Hakuryuu's mother is a bitch. I always thought that but now it's certain.

UnbornMVs said:
dreadknightnero said:

I was thinking the same. And I kinda like Hakuryuu , he could go to such lengths to see his revenge fulfilled.

Based-Sagisu Shiro guys.
Dec 22, 2013 10:56 AM

Jun 2010
THERE HE IS. Titus my precious baby, I've been waiting for this!!!
Dec 22, 2013 11:28 AM
Oct 2012
Such an awesome episode!
Hakuryuu is turning in to a beast! >:D
Dec 22, 2013 11:38 AM
Apr 2010
WOW

am surprised that some people found this episode lacklustre!

really had me on the edge of my seat!

Firstly seeing Hakuryuu appear in such an aggressive manner, with flashbacks to his battles/slaughters on behalf of the Kou empire, and how he doesn't bow to Kouen.

It was fascinating to see more info on the Torran language and references to Solomon.

At first i thought the highlight of the episode would be scene where new emperor would be announced. i loved how it threw the whole room into turmoil! hakuryuu decision to submit somewhat confused me at first....

seeing his discussion with his sister Hakuei and her flat refusal of his terms just built up the emotional turmoil in his head

everything so far was leading up to the clash between him and his mother Gyokuen (with Judal's scheming..)

really hadn't expected that outcome, and how crushingly brutally powerful she was

and then if anyone had any last glimmer of hope that she wasn't evil and was just misunderstood, her face changed as she threatened to kill Hakuei!

I think i'm going to go rewatch this now....
Dec 22, 2013 12:11 PM

Sep 2012
Gyokuen is freakin' dangerous Oo.
Dec 22, 2013 12:23 PM

May 2013
:)
Dec 22, 2013 12:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Pretty intense episode. What a lovely and closeknit family, huh? Gyokuen is evil personified and will probably get the rest of her kids killed to further Al-Thamen's goals.

And Hakuryu's turning to the dark side is quite sad to see.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Dec 22, 2013 12:49 PM
Feb 2012
Akidnas said:
WOW

Firstly seeing Hakuryuu appear in such an aggressive manner, with flashbacks to his battles/slaughters on behalf of the Kou empire, and how he doesn't bow to Kouen.

It was fascinating to see more info on the Torran language and references to Solomon.

At first i thought the highlight of the episode would be scene where new emperor would be announced. i loved how it threw the whole room into turmoil! hakuryuu decision to submit somewhat confused me at first....

seeing his discussion with his sister Hakuei and her flat refusal of his terms just built up the emotional turmoil in his head

everything so far was leading up to the clash between him and his mother Gyokuen (with Judal's scheming..)

really hadn't expected that outcome, and how crushingly brutally powerful she was

and then if anyone had any last glimmer of hope that she wasn't evil and was just misunderstood, her face changed as she threatened to kill Hakuei!

I feel like this is directed towards me, so I'll just go ahead and answer.

You see, it's not the events themselves that lacked impact for me; it was their execution. While reading all those scenes in the manga, it sent shivers down my spine and had ME on the edge of my seat. The manga managed to impress me with drawings alone, while the anime couldn't do so even with the support of music and animation.
That is why it was lackluster for me personally. It didn't do the manga justice.
Dec 22, 2013 1:01 PM

Aug 2009
Here's a heads up if you want to know how much time passed by in this arc:
-Aladdin completed his physical training in 2 months, at the same time Alibaba reached Liam gladiator grounds.
-It wasn't stated in episode 11 but Morgiana did spend a lot of time in Katarg and at the Toran village before going through the Great Rift.
-A month after the announcement of the Emperor's death, Hakuei and Hakuryuu arrive at the Kou Empire.
-At the end of episode 11 we hear that Hakuei was joined by Hakuryuu 6 months beforehand, so our heroes have already been separated for that long.
-Finally at the end of episode 12 there's another time skip by 6 months. (Slightly taller) Aladdin is taking his exam for his first year as a magician.

A whole year passed by in only 6 episodes! Amazing right? ;)

Great episode, the Kou Empire is so full of tension. Hakuryuu is broken, angry and alone. All his built up emotions are getting to him, and it's really sad that Hakuei can't do anything for him. He's loosing his beloved sister whom he promised to protect. Since he is far from strong enough to fight his mother, the offer Judal gives him begins to sound tempting.

I like how this episode also squeezed in a scene from an extra manga story about the meeting between young Ka Kobun and young Kougyoku. Alternative motives or not, I'm glad he gave her confidence to evolve from a twitching little messy girl to the beautiful warrior princess she is today.

(I'm also glad they remembered to add the buzzing sound Kougyoku is hearing inside her head, it's important later on)

Edit: I just have to comment on how powerful the animation and sound are this time. The combination of the pouring rain, the thunder and the choir made everything about Hakuryuu's hatred towards his mother so powerful!
mikadocsDec 22, 2013 2:46 PM
Dec 22, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2009
i really like how that girl's attendant explained how the kouen family is structured, even though he was just explaining to loli princess lol. what a clever way of explaining by the author.
Dec 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Feb 2012
Damn that no good milf, not only did she stole the throne, but she's now jumping ships from father to son to Judal.

Loved the fight, done pretty nice.
Dec 22, 2013 1:49 PM

Sep 2013
I loved this episode so much! I can't even put it into words! Just... oh I can't wait to see where this goes next.
Dec 22, 2013 3:08 PM

Oct 2011
OMG. Internal conflicts within Kou Empire : 0. Aladdin is progressing well in his magic training.
Dec 22, 2013 3:30 PM

Oct 2011
Great episode. Did Judal get bigger lol? He didn't seem that ripped in the first season.
Dec 22, 2013 3:41 PM

Sep 2012
CurryTeddy said:
Hakuryuu's personality really changed.

Things are getting heated up now, Hakuryuu's mother became the next king instead of Kouen.
Kouen's plan to make Hakuryuu the next king, it seems that it won't work.
Also Hakuryuu's plan seems to has failed, now the only thing we can expect is the war, while the Kou-Empire is controlled from behind by Al-Thamen.

Now Hakuryuu's mother even want to kill Hakuei..

After finishing this season, I'm going to read the manga for sure!!

Just to be clear though, Kouen never planned to make Hakuryuu the next emperor. He only asked Hakuryuu whether he wanted to be the emperor because he wanted to know whether Hakuryuu was his ally or not. Kouen has the support of his nearly all of his siblings, including Hakuei, so he probably wanted Hakuryuu's support too.

Dec 22, 2013 4:33 PM

Oct 2012
Can't wait for the next episode I want to see the new opening already :3
oh and you Go Aladdin!!!! oh oh Alexis toooo I want to see you!!!
Dec 22, 2013 4:57 PM
Feb 2013
Kurogashi said:
i really like how that girl's attendant explained how the kouen family is structured, even though he was just explaining to loli princess lol. what a clever way of explaining by the author.

Yes the Kou family can be a bit complicated to know who is who if you don't pay attention. Here's some elaborated and explained info on the overall family structure. The first emperor had 1 wife and 4 children (the emperor and the eldest 2 sons were killed off via Gyokuen the wife and Al Thamen).

Gyokuen then remarried the 1st emperor's younger brother, who himself had several mistresses and multiple children (his oldest son being Kouen and youngest daughter being Kougyoku). Since Gyokuen became his legal wife, her children from the first emperor remained heirs to the throne (though Kouen being the oldest remained as 'first prince'; however since Hakuei is the oldest daughter she established herself as 'first princess')

Regarding Kougyoku's childhood, because her mother was a prostitute, she was for the most part ignored by the court, though her older sisters also tended to bully her, thus cementing her more or less fear of new people until Ka Kobun turned her around. She holds a special admiration for her oldest brother Kouen as he was one of the few who treated her kindly when she was younger.

As for all of the heirs, they all traveled to the funeral as a group, you can see all the named ones as well as the other daughters of the second emperor. The main identifying trait you can note is the children of the first emperor have black hair and the children of the second have red hair.
AxxenDec 22, 2013 5:12 PM
Dec 22, 2013 5:32 PM

Mar 2012
I absolutely love the story surrounding Hakuryuu and the royal family of the Kou Empire, but this episode somehow felt underwhelming. It wasn't quite executed with the intensity I was expecting. I enjoyed it nonetheless, but I found it a tad disappointing to watch.
Dec 22, 2013 6:53 PM

Nov 2011
Can't help but feel pity for Hakuryuu. Can you blame him for falling into the darkness? His mother is an evil bitch and his sister don't want to help him and she doesn't seems to believe him much. Oh, he got rejected a while ago. Bad Luck Hakuryuu. Who can understand him now?

With no one to support him right now, its easy to be lure to darkness.
Kaiser-chanDec 22, 2013 7:30 PM

Dec 22, 2013 7:31 PM

May 2013
Whoa--Gyokuen pisses me off not only because of what she's doing and her involvement with Al-Thamen, but also because she's 48 and looks like she's in her twenties.

Ah, well, it turns out even with a full body djinn equip, Hakuryuu can't beat her, and it seems like Kouen and his brothers are starting to get on board with her being interim Empress, but there's probably only about 4 more episodes until war breaks out....

Anyway, I'm really excited to see more of Alibaba in Leam, Aladdin in Magnostadt, and of course, the really cute Magi Yunan.
Dec 22, 2013 7:33 PM

May 2013
VadNAP said:
Hakuryuu looks so great, very cool XD
and Hakuryuu's mother like a whore, go hell you bitch >.<.. tsk

Hmm, I'm actually sorta worried about Hakuryuu, you know? I feel like he's at this point where he'll break and go insane....

I do agree about Gyokuen, though....
I swear I thought she was going to kiss Kouen, and then I thought she'd kiss Hakuryuu.
I'm not surprised, since she seduced Kouen's father into making her his second wife.
Dec 22, 2013 8:23 PM
Dec 2012
GuiltyKing said:
Akidnas said:
WOW

You see, it's not the events themselves that lacked impact for me; it was their execution. While reading all those scenes in the manga, it sent shivers down my spine and had ME on the edge of my seat. The manga managed to impress me with drawings alone, while the anime couldn't do so even with the support of music and animation.
That is why it was lackluster for me personally. It didn't do the manga justice.

That would be because you already spoiled yourself reading the manga. What do you want? For the anime to make you forget everything and get you excited for what could happen next?

Anyway... great episode! As good as the last 11 episodes, pretty much all of them left me wanting more, Magi is going strong!
Dec 22, 2013 9:05 PM

Sep 2012
Korangi said:
GuiltyKing said:
Akidnas said:
WOW

That would be because you already spoiled yourself reading the manga. What do you want? For the anime to make you forget everything and get you excited for what could happen next?

Anyway... great episode! As good as the last 11 episodes, pretty much all of them left me wanting more, Magi is going strong!

Well no, I get what he means. In the manga, it felt like shit was gonna hit the fan, and that a brawl was gonna break loose, that's why Hakuei wanted to stop it. It kinda lost it's impact in this episode, and there was also literally no music playing in that scene.

At least the rest of the episode was really strong.

Dec 22, 2013 9:12 PM

May 2012
Freaking intense episode. Can't wait for more.
marian11 said:

Nope
Dec 22, 2013 10:00 PM
Nov 2013
Milfs are dangerous. Fuck that bitch.

If Hakuryu, Hakuei or Kogyoku die I will not be able to contain my rage.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.