Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 23, 2013 12:32 AM
Feb 2012
Korangi said:
GuiltyKing said:
Akidnas said:
WOW

am surprised that some people found this episode lacklustre!

really had me on the edge of my seat!

Firstly seeing Hakuryuu appear in such an aggressive manner, with flashbacks to his battles/slaughters on behalf of the Kou empire, and how he doesn't bow to Kouen.

It was fascinating to see more info on the Torran language and references to Solomon.

At first i thought the highlight of the episode would be scene where new emperor would be announced. i loved how it threw the whole room into turmoil! hakuryuu decision to submit somewhat confused me at first....

seeing his discussion with his sister Hakuei and her flat refusal of his terms just built up the emotional turmoil in his head

everything so far was leading up to the clash between him and his mother Gyokuen (with Judal's scheming..)

really hadn't expected that outcome, and how crushingly brutally powerful she was

and then if anyone had any last glimmer of hope that she wasn't evil and was just misunderstood, her face changed as she threatened to kill Hakuei!

I think i'm going to go rewatch this now....

I feel like this is directed towards me, so I'll just go ahead and answer.

You see, it's not the events themselves that lacked impact for me; it was their execution. While reading all those scenes in the manga, it sent shivers down my spine and had ME on the edge of my seat. The manga managed to impress me with drawings alone, while the anime couldn't do so even with the support of music and animation.
That is why it was lackluster for me personally. It didn't do the manga justice.

That would be because you already spoiled yourself reading the manga. What do you want? For the anime to make you forget everything and get you excited for what could happen next?

Anyway... great episode! As good as the last 11 episodes, pretty much all of them left me wanting more, Magi is going strong!

That made me giggle for a moment. 'Spoil myself with the manga' lol.

There's no need to comment on the rest since IronLobster already nailed it.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 23, 2013 12:39 AM

Nov 2013
OST this episode was great! I loved the dark piano build-up sounds.
Hakuryuu finally comes face to face with his mother and she looks evil as shit, I want to see what happens with them in the future.
I vote Magi season 2 as the best thing out this fall season. It seems like every episode is getting better and better as we go on and I hope it stays that way. Much better than the Labyrinth of Magic imo. 5/5

Looks like next week is about the blonde Magi princess or whoever she is, Can't wait.
Dec 23, 2013 1:45 AM

Aug 2008
Nice plot. Light hearted at times (the parts with Kou) but mostly very intense.

KamisamaNoYume said:
Overall a plot episode, Glad to see Koumei and Kouha Ren, glad its following the manga <3, I will be happy if Magi runs like HxH, I want to see 100+ eps x]

As much as I'd agree... once they start running out of material... it usually turns out crappy.
Dec 23, 2013 3:27 AM

Jun 2010
Wow, it's getting really good. I felt just as excited when I read it in the manga. I'm actually loving Hakuryuu's development.

And the dead emperor looked really gross, haha.
Dec 23, 2013 4:16 AM

Dec 2011
I really love how they adapted this part. Really good.
They made Gyokuen dangerous as I see her in the manga... and damn, Hakuryu attacking his mother. Very intense.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 23, 2013 6:02 AM

Jan 2013
omg Hakuryuu!

Well, great episode and can't wait for next to see what will happen with Hakuryuu and Judal...nothing good I guess
Dec 23, 2013 6:38 AM

Feb 2009
Kurogashi said:
i really like how that girl's attendant explained how the kouen family is structured, even though he was just explaining to loli princess lol. what a clever way of explaining by the author.

Yeah, it was pretty interesting but I think this Ka Koubun's flashback wasn't in the manga, does someone remember?

I'm also curious about the noise in her ears Kougyoku mentioned, it's must have something to do with Sindbad, which shows the the author must still have something big planned for her, can't wait!
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Dec 23, 2013 7:43 AM
Feb 2012
Danniel said:
Kurogashi said:
i really like how that girl's attendant explained how the kouen family is structured, even though he was just explaining to loli princess lol. what a clever way of explaining by the author.

Yeah, it was pretty interesting but I think this Ka Koubun's flashback wasn't in the manga, does someone remember?

I'm also curious about the noise in her ears Kougyoku mentioned, it's must have something to do with Sindbad, which shows the the author must still have something big planned for her, can't wait!

About the noise thing. It happened back then during her and Sinbad's fight in Sindria. That's all I'll say about that particular matter.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 23, 2013 8:27 AM
Dec 2012
GuiltyKing said:

That made me giggle for a moment. 'Spoil myself with the manga' lol.

There's no need to comment on the rest since IronLobster already nailed it.

Yeah, to me reading the manga would be spoiling myself because i prefer the anime over the manga. Anyway, that's different for every person i guess.
Dec 23, 2013 9:14 AM

Aug 2009
Danniel said:
Kurogashi said:

That part wasn't in the manga, but an omake. Last an omake was added was back in the episode where Kouha sweet-talked his female servants. It's nice how these little extras fit into the main story. There's a lot of interesting manga omakes that would be great to see animated.
Dec 23, 2013 9:50 AM

Feb 2012
Holy crap Hakuryuu o_o

That episode was pretty tense, I loved it!

Looks like Aladdin grew up a bit :D
Dec 23, 2013 10:29 AM

Sep 2011
Not sure why but I felt this episode went too fast.

Dec 23, 2013 11:20 AM

Dec 2008
Those words and that tongue! I almost died of laughter!!

Hakuryu's mother is insane and fuck! OMG!! No wonder he's coming undone!!

Sent with Mal Updater
Dec 23, 2013 12:06 PM

Mar 2013
I love that scene between Gokuen and Hakuryuu they did a good job of animating it. Much more interesting episode than last week, but it'll be nice to get started on the Magnostadt.
Dec 23, 2013 4:06 PM

Sep 2013
Oh please dont fall into depravity and die Hakuryuu! Youre so cold and awesome!
Dec 23, 2013 5:06 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, those internal family problems in the Kou Empire =o

It's building up ^^ really good episode!

Dec 24, 2013 7:05 PM

Mar 2012
I hate you, i hate you, i hate you Hakuryuu!
Hakuryuu is now the next Uchiha Sasuke, how horrifying!

And everything changed when the Kou Empire attacked! (gosh this is hilarious)
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Dec 24, 2013 8:07 PM

Mar 2010
orbbie said:
And here i taught Sindbad was OP. The power of Zagan is not enough now i see why Sindbad was reluctant in going to war with the Empire of Koh.

specifically with the empress. I'm sure he knows her involvement with al-thamen...my goodness hakuryu mother so gg ..that awesome superpower super shield was able to shield her from hakuryu djinn equip . That ost. I was astonished by the scene O___O

I guess next episode will have a new ending song...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 24, 2013 8:08 PM

Mar 2010
OnePieceQ8 said:
WOW.. Evil bitch..

(Y)!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAH AGREE!
Dec 24, 2013 10:16 PM

May 2010
Young Kougyoku is so cute. Ka Koubun was malicious even when he was young.

I thought, Haku's mom was going to kiss him... She is quite powerful, didn't expect that.

Aladdin has grown
Dec 25, 2013 8:47 PM

Jul 2009
did the king have syphilis?
I love this series
Dec 26, 2013 1:17 AM

Apr 2010
this is starting to become similar to naruto...
"Do not consider yourself deprived because your dreams were not fulfilled; the truly deprived have never dreams."
-Marie von Ebner
Dec 26, 2013 1:48 PM

Jun 2008
Awesome episode full of tension and insight into Kou empire. Hakuryuu's mom is such an unbelievable bitch that i absolutely love her in the sense that she really is an amazing villain.

marian11 said:
Was I the only one that thought that Hakuryuu's mom was going to kiss him while they were battling ? xD

Thought the same. Btw what was that defense she used? It looked very similar to what magi use. Was Judal putting a deference barrier for her or was that her power?

rev0lt said:
Milfs are dangerous. Fuck that bitch.

I wish.
MonadDec 26, 2013 5:58 PM
Dec 26, 2013 4:13 PM

Sep 2012
Monad said:
Btw what was that deference she used? It looked very similar to what magi use. Was Judal putting a deference barrier for her or was that her power.

Your first guess was right I think. It's a bolg, but it looks like it was corrupted with black rukh instead.

lolLIPopsz said:
this is starting to become similar to naruto...

Heresy!
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Dec 26, 2013 10:08 PM

Nov 2011
Monad said:

Thought the same. Btw what was that defense she used? It looked very similar to what magi use. Was Judal putting a deference barrier for her or was that her power?

Not just Magi, every magicians can use Bolg (the defense barrier thing). Gyokuen being able to use one is hint of her ability.

Dec 28, 2013 8:22 PM
Aug 2013
wow, I think I'm the only one who loves Gyokuen, I mean she's really bada**

Hakuryuu bb TT_TT don't go to the dark side, also Hakuryuu isn't the Magi Sasuke, I would love to deny that matter, yep, I deny it, Sasuke Magi version denied

also that scene with Hakuyuu and Hakuren wasn't in the manga, caught me totally off guard,

I'm gonna cry... I want to see more of those two TT_TT

and Alladin's magic, I'm pretty sure that wasn't ice, you can't make ice with HEAT and WATER
Dec 29, 2013 10:58 AM

Jul 2012
I love the "shits gonna get down" tension between the Kou empire's royals. Gotta find a family tree...
Dec 29, 2013 11:18 AM

Sep 2013
Aw dammit no episode 13 until 09/01/2014
Dec 29, 2013 3:20 PM

Jan 2011
Loved the episode. 3-4 more like this and the show will be up to 10/10 in my book :)
Dec 31, 2013 7:05 PM

Aug 2010
Damn. Hakuryuu's mom is such a bitch, but makes a great villain. He really needs to get his revenge one day.
Jan 2, 2014 6:18 PM

Nov 2012
Very good ep, so much tension, and it got really dark.
Jan 3, 2014 9:04 AM

May 2013
wow perfect episode
Jan 12, 2014 6:45 AM
Mar 2012
That moment when he djin transformed at the end was perfect, this is what I want to see in shonen, too bad it rarely happens.
Jan 25, 2014 10:27 PM

Feb 2010
This second season of Magi continues to be solid. Loved this ep + its intensity.
Feb 7, 2014 8:44 PM

Aug 2013
Hakuryuu really went all out. Gyokuen seems very powerful though, and her red eyes creep me out.
My Candies:
Feb 12, 2014 1:40 PM

Aug 2009
SolarStar said:
Can't help but feel for Hakuryuu, his own mother killed his brothers and tried to kill him so his grudge against her is valid. I think the only reason why he's being driven to the dark side is because he's alone and has no one to help appease his hatred (his own sister can't seem to understand).

This. Poor Hakuryuu
Great episode! Its getting so interesting now!
Hakuryuu's mom is an evil bitch who deserves to die. I wish its by his hands

Feb 20, 2014 3:09 AM

Apr 2013
HollowV2 said:
Great episode. Did Judal get bigger lol? He didn't seem that ripped in the first season.

It was the same in season 1, I remember myself thinking he's way too ripped lol

Ocelot117 said:
did any one else watch the credits and see Aladdin performance?

there's extra after the credits ...?? Now I gotta watch them all over again :D
Apr 2, 2014 5:13 PM

May 2013
Aladdin is getting more and more awesome. Damn hakuryu's mother is a bitch.
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 22, 2014 9:52 AM

May 2012
That's some fucked up development! Quite impressive and intense actually, I really wonder what he'll do next!
May 25, 2014 5:14 AM

Aug 2013
Well no wonder Hakuryu's all twisted. His sister turns her back on him and his mother is an evil bitch. I want to give him a hug now :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jun 10, 2014 3:25 PM

Jan 2013
Hakuyru going to the dark side?
Would't that contradict his plan of destroying Al Thamen?
Also, he would help with mother this way, wouldn't he?
Jun 24, 2014 1:06 AM

Nov 2011
Hoping Hakuryuu is redeemed soon, and he doesn't copy Cassim's pattern. By saying that, I don't mean any of his scenes were subpar of course. I'm liking the tension and build up here. Great episode.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Sep 1, 2014 5:05 AM

Jan 2012
aladdin u sexy mofo u...

great great anime so far.. alibaba Colosseum part was a bit derp'd tho
Oct 20, 2014 6:54 AM

May 2013
Can't get enough of how evil the Empress is. This anime does a great job of animating the action from the manga.
Fuck it. Every signature I upload ends up removed anyways.
Oct 20, 2014 1:07 PM

Nov 2009
Surprised that Hakuei sees unifying the world as some peaceful and noble thing . . . After literally threatening clan after clan with military might to either join or perish. Also excited to see what course of actions the siblings take after having the throne literally stolen from them, although it wasn't really theirs in the first place, and that bit with Gyokuen and Kouen was creepy beyond belief.
Jan 3, 2015 11:57 AM

Sep 2014
Mialu said:
marian11 said:
Was I the only one that thought that Hakuryuu's mom was going to kiss him while they were battling ? xD

No, you were not the only one. xD

Nope, same here ^^. Seems Hakuryuu is following Sasuke's footsteps :c.
Damn little Kougyoku too cute *u*.
Apr 4, 2015 12:26 PM

Nov 2014
Very intense episode Hakuryuu's mother is one evil woman!
Oct 20, 2015 12:58 PM

Jan 2011
I love how Gyokuen is brutally honest with Hakuryuu and even "fights" with him without any fluff like "if you attack me i have to arrest you" or anything like that villians in such situations often use.

After all, she told him everything years ago already, so hiding anything now from him would be bit pointless. But i wonder what her plan is. Surely not just to have "cute little Hakuryuu" around. Even if that would be a believable goal for one such as Gyokuen, she just made a point how Kouen is occupied due to the unification war going on, so Hakuryuu would be away most of the time, too.

And either she isn't particularly lacking in dungeon capturers (her stepkids, starting with Kouen), or aassuming they are opposing her, she should kill them too, like she did with her sons. So she must have plan on how to use her stepkids without corrupting them, and how to use Hakuryuu *by* corrupting him. And Hakuei is just..there. Not particularly involved, beisdes maybe to keep Hakuryuu in check.
Mar 18, 2016 11:44 PM

May 2013
Hakuryuu has become so powerful... It was sad to see that he couldn't kill his mom, she's so intense and strong with that joker like smile she had the whole time lol. It was actually kind of sad and I'm hoping for a bigger powerup where he could easily take his mom and rightfully so for becoming an Al Thamen puppet, she's so corrupt. It was interesting seeing Judal and it looks like he's interesting in having a partnership alliance with Hakuryuu. All of the main characters have grown so much in quite little time and I can't wait to see where things go from here... This is becoming easily one of my favourite animes of all time!

Mar 22, 2016 10:41 PM

Mar 2014
Revenge at the Palace of the Emperor .
Monologue of failed underhanded tactics .
Successions of the Throne .
Legacy of King Solomon .
A King's Vessel . "His Majesty's Will ." such utter nonsense .
Wickedness and Despair .
VERY GREAT EPISODE . One World , One King .
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2014

273 by phantom346 »»
Apr 15, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2014

176 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 11:44 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 16, 2014

142 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 10:47 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

88 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 8:49 PM

Poll: » Magi: The Kingdom of Magic Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

108 by phantom346 »»
Apr 14, 7:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.