Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 21, 2013 6:40 PM

Oct 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Filler episode.. :o Breed isn't a really interesting villain, but the situation at the end of the episode was quite interesting..

and Momonosuke is so damn lucky :D
RiukixDDec 21, 2013 6:44 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:49 PM

Aug 2013
I'm with you. The villain doesn't look interesting.

I found this episode enjoyable; I laughed quite a bit.
Dec 21, 2013 6:55 PM

Dec 2011
The only part that I found interesting is the Kung Fu Dugong forming his own pirate crew of sea monsters.

The villain is quite boring, and the power too.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2009
Filler with LAw ;) waited for that anyways now that luffy and law also got this things around their next they surly will punch the shit out of each other

wonder if its just two ep filler or a longer one

anyways liked it ~~
Dec 21, 2013 7:12 PM

May 2013
i find this episode quite annoying.. damn.. guess no choice but to wait..
Dec 21, 2013 7:13 PM

Jun 2009
seems like every time law looks at chopper he misses pepo a bit ;D
Dec 21, 2013 7:16 PM

Dec 2013
Wait is out already? Gotta watch it!
Dec 21, 2013 8:01 PM

Oct 2013
I wonder how they get out of the mess. Hmm
Dec 21, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
-how the hell did that enormous ship managed to appear out of nowhere in just seconds?? it came from underwater?
-another bastard with a..unique laughter style (nothing can beat shurororororororo though)
-awwww that cute puffy kung-fu dugong!!
-a pirate crew of sea creatures??? hahahah guess this is expected.. this is One Piece after all
-peto-peto fruit... "pet"... wtf.
Dec 21, 2013 8:13 PM

Nov 2012
Love this change of scenery I was so sick and tired of Punk Hazard.
Dec 21, 2013 8:18 PM

Jul 2013
dat laugh.... is annoying
i like white beards laugh the most
Dec 21, 2013 9:03 PM

May 2013
Well, it's not like Law could just take off everyones collars with a quick use of room... oh wait, he totally could do that from the very beginning. -_-

Sorry but that guy's ability is so obvious, yet still they act like they don't get what's going on even after it was used on Chopper right in front of them, only for the sake of making that filler enemy much more of threat than he actually is (like glowing red eyed and glowing green collar wasn't a indicator enough).

Come on now, One Piece, there are some really good filler enimies out there (that mushroom guy from the movie with Chopper's backstory for example) and that is the only thing you came up with, generic "can manipulate other people against their will"-guy? And he uses a army of strong animals like that wasn't already in the Strong World movie.
I'm all for cool, original abilties and even the basic stuff always seems interesting in One Piece... But this is like "Hey, about we do just a bad, uninteresting filler this time like everybody else?"
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Dec 21, 2013 10:30 PM
Dec 2012
PrimeX said:
-how the hell did that enormous ship managed to appear out of nowhere in just seconds?? it came from underwater?
-another bastard with a..unique laughter style (nothing can beat shurororororororo though)
-awwww that cute puffy kung-fu dugong!!
-a pirate crew of sea creatures??? hahahah guess this is expected.. this is One Piece after all
-peto-peto fruit... "pet"... wtf.

- They were fighting the ragtag animal pirate crew and got distracted by how adorable they were, it sailed along with the moon.
- Another unique laugh does spark up and I agree that it fails to reach the greats before
- When I saw his shadow and outline on the Sunny Go I got excited, followed by seeing the "X" across his chest I lost myself to laughter
- The Animal Pirate Crew should be a family ship/crew to the Straw Hats and be composed of Kung Fu Dugongs due to their size, loyalty, and ability to learn haki so they can give Kaido a run for his money with the animal army

The villain is lame, silly about the animals, and the ship was bigger then Thriller Bark but One Piece filler came out on top with the Navarone Stronghold Arc so I am hoping for something nice.
Dec 21, 2013 10:45 PM

Jul 2013
Kung Fu Dugong for next nakama.

Alright episode. I liked the scenery of the ship. 3/5
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 11:56 PM
Nov 2013
so this was a filler after a long time but i laughed a lot ,,,, hope its a 2-3 ep filler anyways njoyy till the awsm arc starts nxt year should be fun......
"Will of D would...definitely....bring forth another storm." - Trafalgar Law
Dec 22, 2013 12:17 AM

Jul 2013
Hana-ya!(Nose)
Best part of this episode.
Dec 22, 2013 1:00 AM

May 2012
DancingJack said:
Well, it's not like Law could just take off everyones collars with a quick use of room... oh wait, he totally could do that from the very beginning. -_-

well he clearly can't. you shouldn't just assume law's power is absolute in being able to affect and move everything.

the episode was pretty nice. animation and art looked good. more content with law and caesar is always awesome. throwbacks and characters from alabasta - even better. this filler is not bad at all.
Dec 22, 2013 1:46 AM

Mar 2013
I've actually been kinda hoping for a filler arc or even short hiatus. I'm praying this gives Toei time to gear up for the Dressrosa arc and hopefully improve animation quality in comparison to Punk Hazard.

KUNG FU DUGONG FTW
Dec 22, 2013 2:19 AM

Aug 2013
PE TO TO TO TO TO TO TO
Dec 22, 2013 3:17 AM
Mar 2007
At least this filler is not as bad as Naruto/Bleach fillers were. Just hoping that this arc won't last like half a year or so..
Dec 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
I love the filler in One Piece.
Haha Usopp screaming was amazing.
Dec 22, 2013 3:44 AM

Mar 2012
Drakewinm said:
I wonder how they get out of the mess. Hmm

I think, it is not a problem for Law; he can cut his neck, remove the ring and put his head back to his body. And, since Luffy is gomu, he can simply move his head through the ring easily.
Dec 22, 2013 5:08 AM

Nov 2011
Well, its a filler. Not like I didn't see it coming. Dressrosa arc is still undergoing in the manga so they need more time. Nothing can be as worse as Naruto's filler anyway. Beside, we got more Law.

Dec 22, 2013 5:19 AM

Aug 2011
This episode seemed better than normal... it seems they put more effort into fillers than canon.

Frankmans said:
At least this filler is not as bad as Naruto/Bleach fillers were. Just hoping that this arc won't last like half a year or so..

No need to worry, there will only be three filler episodes, we return to canon on episode 629.
Dec 22, 2013 5:38 AM

Jan 2012
The first 30 seconds were cannon lol
anyway it was an enjoyable filler,I knew that was the seal from Alabasta
I don't mind them dragging this filler if it means they will animate Dressrosa justice
Dec 22, 2013 6:03 AM

Jan 2012
Ahh well thank you retarded staff, you’ve just ruined law’s character!!
Dec 22, 2013 6:48 AM

May 2013
Eltrik said:
DancingJack said:

well he clearly can't. you shouldn't just assume law's power is absolute in being able to affect and move everything.

He didn't even try it yet so please don't tell me "he clearly can't". At very least he could cut off his own collar with room and his sword even if he couldn't move it... Why would Law's devil fruit ability be weaker than the one of that guy.
"The fool who believed in miracles now walks among the dead." ~ Blade of the Phantom Master
Dec 22, 2013 6:58 AM

Mar 2013
I falled of the chair when I saw the scar on the kung fu dugong chest
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Dec 22, 2013 7:03 AM

Aug 2009
Nice episode! it was entertaining, I even chuckled a few times too. Nice change of pace and scenery. Didn't really want a filler but its not too bad so let's see how they get out of this one!

Dec 22, 2013 7:21 AM

Aug 2010
Lol'd at the Dugong with the scar and the crew XD

Nxt ep Law vs Luffy. Had to happen XD

Well at least I'm enjoying this filler since we get more Law :D

And is it just me or the animation and art is better than it was in the whole PH arc XD
Dec 22, 2013 7:34 AM
Jul 2013
Entertaining filler episode!!

Law vs Luffy vs Chopper O_O
Dec 22, 2013 8:16 AM
Oct 2013
nice intro to boring filler, I already see it coming- Law tries to use his devil fruit but he fails as his "masters" doesn't let him do it and later either crew comes iin and saves them or they use haki and cancels peto-peto powers.
Dec 22, 2013 8:30 AM

Sep 2013
This episode was better than 90% of the fishman and punk hazard arcs, because it wasn't slow as hell.
I rather have a season of filler rather than a slow @ss pace.
Dec 22, 2013 9:07 AM

Jun 2009
marshalloo said:

why ??
Dec 22, 2013 9:08 AM

Apr 2009
I watched the Alabasta arc so looong ago I forgot the kung-fu dugong, even the flashback scenes in this episode didn't help juggle my memories back, still the dugong managed to elicit some chuckles from me. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Dec 22, 2013 11:36 AM

Oct 2013
Well quite an ok filler episode, I just hate when stupidity is so obvious... All this could end with Law's ability(he just could take the collars off...). But no people so strong as Luffy and smart as Law just will get their necks tied with this green collar shit as if they couldn't expect it....
"Laugh, and the world laughs with you; Weep, and you weep alone". Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Dec 22, 2013 12:07 PM

Jul 2010
Damn fillers ... I will watch it because of Law but a part from that I'm not that interested.
Dec 22, 2013 12:16 PM

Jan 2012
Kannei said:
marshalloo said:

why ??

just look at his actions and reactions totally out of character !!

an example,is when he asked chopper the reason he came with them, that is a thing that law would never do.
Dec 22, 2013 12:29 PM

Jan 2013
If i had that power and used it on Nami and Robin..and every other hot female...

Lol the peto peto can be used in amazing ways, if you know what i mean
Dec 22, 2013 12:57 PM

May 2012
DancingJack said:
Eltrik said:
DancingJack said:

He didn't even try it yet so please don't tell me "he clearly can't". At very least he could cut off his own collar with room and his sword even if he couldn't move it... Why would Law's devil fruit ability be weaker than the one of that guy.

i'd say law would have instantly removed the collars with his power after seeing what it did to chopper but he didnt.

so i'll change from his power can't remove them to it wouldn't be allowed to happen. assuming law still has some control over his body, breed sees law activate his power and then controls law to stop him, or he uses luffy to stop law.
Dec 22, 2013 3:58 PM

Oct 2013
nice change of pace with the filler. I like it though I agree the villain isn't very interesting I do find the situation interesting.
"Listen up… You can pour drinks on me, you can throw food at me… You can even spit on me. I’ll just laugh that stuff off. But… Good reason or not… Nobody hurts a friend of mine!!!"-Shanks
♠♦♣♥~My Anime List!~♥♣♦♠
Dec 22, 2013 4:26 PM

Jun 2012
Fiji said:
The only part that I found interesting is the Kung Fu Dugong forming his own pirate crew of sea monsters.

The villain is quite boring, and the power too.

I'm with you on this one.
Dec 22, 2013 6:36 PM

Dec 2012
This filler ain't bad. Law makes it better :)
Dec 22, 2013 6:58 PM

May 2013
Eltrik said:
i'd say law would have instantly removed the collars with his power after seeing what it did to chopper but he didnt.

so i'll change from his power can't remove them to it wouldn't be allowed to happen. assuming law still has some control over his body, breed sees law activate his power and then controls law to stop him, or he uses luffy to stop law.

I agree with you on the second part... Law will probably try now to use his ability when it's already too late and the bad guy will just order him to stop.

But I still think it's stupid that Law didn't realize it when they fought the animals and talked to them or atleast when it was used on Chopper right in front of them. I can believe that Luffy wouldn't realize it right away but Law? Up until this point he was build up to be a pretty intelligent character and that he would use his ability to his advantage without hesitation.
Dec 22, 2013 9:47 PM
Feb 2013
The power that this villain has is interesting, I'll give them that for this filler, but what is with the villains and their laughs. Can't any of them have a simple laugh?
Dec 22, 2013 10:20 PM

Nov 2007
Law was going to use his power to either rescue Chopper or just prevent him from attacking, but Luffy misinterpreted his actions... and then it was too late. Sure, Law should probably have figured it out earlier, but whatever, he doesn't really seem the type to be interested in anything but his goal, which at that time was recovering Caesar.

I would have preferred a "goof around and have hijinks" filler rather than a rather bland villain. But we'll see. I wish it would have been longer. ^^; Not with this guy, but just filler in general, so the main plot can have a decent pacing.
Dec 22, 2013 10:44 PM

Jul 2008
I always loved the kung fu dugongs, and now I remember why. Anyone else think that this island ship looks like something from Strong World?
Dec 23, 2013 10:46 AM

Jul 2011
Luffy vs Law in the next episode? I can't wait to watch it even if it's just a filler.
Dec 23, 2013 10:48 AM

Oct 2011
Thank god Punk Hazard is over but this little filler part is just going to be annoying. But one awesome thing this series does is bring back characters from long ago and connect them to the current story!!
Dec 23, 2013 1:17 PM

Mar 2011
Ok so this random dugong guy found some sea animal friends and casually got to the new world before the straw hats and can now use haki which only 3 of the straw hats can use and that was only after 2 years of training. Seems legit.

This filler may be ok, we will see, better than nothing ;P.
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

IzanaSolos - Apr 6

166 by ImSOCraziRandom »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 145 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VARIAchan - Jan 1, 2010

54 by kejora »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 360 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mulderman - Jul 4, 2008

73 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 359 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 26, 2008

46 by gannoncannon55 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 899 Discussion ( 1 2 )

blank - Aug 24, 2019

54 by scarywolf143 »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.