Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 21, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another nice episode! I loved that dance. I think they are adapting the first few chapters of volume 3 now. Not bad. Those dance moves are pretty nice.

Gotta love Akatsuki's ninja skills also. I love the way this episode explores some of the dungeon mechanics. Also samurai class...nice.

ELEGANT episode. I like this samurai class tbh and the action is picking up now.
Dec 21, 2013 12:54 AM

Nov 2007
Trying to be proper during the party. That another strategic megane guy getting near the princess at the end.

Adventure time for the filed trip group, and meeting undeads.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 21, 2013 2:43 AM
Dec 2013
Wow I love this episode!!!!!!!!!! JUST AS WHAT I HAD IMAGINED WHILE READING THE LIGHT NOVEL!!! =)

and for the next episodes to come....... I WILL 10000000% GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Note:

I love the skeletons.... looks like the monsters in Payon Dungeon Level 1 in Ragnarok Online... =)
shindayukiDec 21, 2013 2:56 AM
Dec 21, 2013 3:24 AM

Dec 2013
Shiroe and Henrietta nice dance.

Crusty did the first move onto Lenessia-hime.
Also the first dungeon try of Minori's group seemed to fail hard, letting Rundelhaus behind, haha

I think it's going to be more exciting in the coming episodes, myself I'm really excited and can't really wait another weeks for it..

all in all again nice episode
Dec 21, 2013 5:20 AM

Aug 2013
I found this episode to be quite boring.
Eh, guess it was only me.
Dec 21, 2013 5:24 AM

Jan 2011
I feel like Crusty has some ulterior motive in talking to Lenessia.

Shiroe should've danced with Akatsuki!!!

Kinda expected the guys to be rash and act like a boss esp Rudy. Kinda expected them to fail the first run and then they'll listen to Minori's advice and own the dungeon.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Dec 21, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2012
Noobs scrubbing up their first dungeon.... Nostalgia from my EQ2/Vanilla WoW days kicked in hard there

The Round Table having to keep their up their appearances for politics was fun to watch too
Dec 21, 2013 5:36 AM
Nov 2013
the princess too cute ><
Dec 21, 2013 5:37 AM

Mar 2012
Haha loved this episode perfect balance in this one a bit of comedy, a bit of action and a bit of politics,

The dancing scene was really wonderful couldn't have gotten at around a better time for me due to recent events hehe

you have got to love Rudy he makes this series even more fun even if he is a bit of self centered goofball :P

Earlier i thought of choosing the samurai class if i had the opportunity but seeing the bard skill in action i think i prefer that one what a better combination using music for supportive as well as attacking roles perfect combo

oh man i cant wait for the upcoming episodes there going to be even more epic.

Why is the pain of waiting getting stronger its now up to the point of murdering me XD
Dec 21, 2013 5:39 AM
Dec 2013
HybridMBL said:
Noobs scrubbing up their first dungeon.... Nostalgia from my EQ2/Vanilla WoW days kicked in hard there

The Round Table having to keep their up their appearances for politics was fun to watch too

hahaha yeah I remembered my old days in RO, CABAL, FLYFF and Eden eternal LOL
Dec 21, 2013 5:39 AM
Nov 2013
i still cant see a reason why would someone pick Enchanter over Bard.
hipster Shiroe
Dec 21, 2013 5:40 AM
Dec 2013
SkyTate said:
I feel like Crusty has some ulterior motive in talking to Lenessia.

Kinda expected the guys to be rash and act like a boss esp Rudy. Kinda expected them to fail the first run and then they'll listen to Minori's advice and own the dungeon.

Looks like....... *spoiler* LOL...

but not exactly... just a tiny bit.. XD
Dec 21, 2013 6:00 AM

Dec 2009
That dungeon run reminds me of running with bad pugs ;_;

Still enjoying the series a lot :D
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 21, 2013 6:13 AM

Jul 2009
shindayuki said:
HybridMBL said:

hahaha yeah I remembered my old days in RO, CABAL, FLYFF and Eden eternal LOL

Played quite a few MMORPGs, but I can't really remember having that much trouble with any lvl 20-30 dungeon, but that might just be me.

And still, withdrawal... Maybe I should go into coma to avoid having to wait every week...
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 21, 2013 6:20 AM

Feb 2013
they run when shit goes down, pretty accurate
Dec 21, 2013 6:29 AM

Aug 2010
Fun episode :D...Lol'd at the start when Crusty made Shiro dance XD

That was a really nice dance with Henrietta though. Loved everyone's reactions.
Akatsuki is jealous <3

The second half with the kids and the dungeon was funny XD...They're totally not in sync hahaha. They do have potential to become a force to be reckoned with after they level up and get used to working together though.

Although Rudy's personality is the type I dislike usually, I don't dislike him. He's hilarious with his overconfidence and Engrish XD His attack is strong but lol'd at how he was left alone while all of them ran away at the end hahaha. Well not bad for a start. They'll get stronger soon ^^

The end with Crusty and Lenessia caught my interest. Lenessia hasn't spoken a word yet but I'm already in love <3...She's so friggin adorably cute >.< <3
Dec 21, 2013 6:40 AM

Aug 2013
Marow said:

Same here haha. It's either they don't listen or they refuse to talk.

Rudy's supposed to be the annoying party member right? I can't help but like him though. Must be the hair...it's so fluffy! I want to pat his head :)

When Touya was like 'oh noes' I was like "oops aggro shifted to Rudy." Two seconds later Minori says the same thing :D

Akatsuki getting mistaken for a kid ahaha. Hey kid, did you just ask the assassin-tracker to play hide and seek? XD!!

Bards unite! My favorite class besides rogues. Isuzu's part of CMA? I thought she'll be with LH. Maybe a certain event will happen in the future hmm.

Lenessia's pretty. I laughed when they said "her dream is to lie in bed" ahaha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 21, 2013 6:52 AM

Jul 2013
Haha Crusty forcing Shiroe to dance xD
Dat dance, you go Shiroe and Henrietta!
Akatsuki and her complex about being short :p
Akatsuki is jelleh!
LOL Rundelhaus this guy
Going enjoy seeing him around a lot more in future episodes
First attempt in Forest of Lagranda was fail, lol
Next time 'round they'll get it right for sure
Lenessia's dream lol
xchee said:

Bards unite! My favorite class besides rogues. Isuzu's part of CMA? I thought she'll be with LH. Maybe a certain event will happen in the future hmm.

Dec 21, 2013 6:59 AM
Nov 2013
warning to anyone who mainly watch only Log Horizon anime version plz avoid Log Horizon Wikia. just read up few minute ago. they spoil all Rundelhaus secret in first line of his page. lol
dobinzDec 21, 2013 7:03 AM
Dec 21, 2013 7:04 AM

Sep 2012
This is starting to get really interesting. I love this political subplot. I wonder what Crusty is up to.

Also, Rudy is awesome.
Dec 21, 2013 7:04 AM
Jun 2010
xchee said:
Marow said:

Same here haha. It's either they don't listen or they refuse to talk.

Rudy's supposed to be the annoying party member right? I can't help but like him though. Must be the hair...it's so fluffy! I want to pat his head :)

When Touya was like 'oh noes' I was like "oops aggro shifted to Rudy." Two seconds later Minori says the same thing :D

Akatsuki getting mistaken for a kid ahaha. Hey kid, did you just ask the assassin-tracker to play hide and seek? XD!!

Lenessia's pretty. I laughed when they said "her dream is to lie in bed" ahaha.

I can so relate, especially with Minori since I play either the tank or healer a lot. Most of the time, it's the DPS that goes out of control from my experience. It's frustrating to have DPS that don't protect the healer, and always blame the healer for dying and failing to heal the party when the healer died. bad healer does not watch boss AoE range and often heal inside boss range, and complain about them getting stun all the time. This end up making a 15 minute dungeon take 2 hours to complete literally >_> I don't like ditching parties.
Dec 21, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2011
What an ELEGANT dance, really lovely to watch and it's educational at the same time, delving deeper into the Bard class.

The entire dungeon fiasco was a funny misadventure, I was waiting patiently for those skeletons to reanimate and launch a surprise attack, apparently not. Didn't expect them to choose the option to actually run away.

I wonder if like other MMORPGs does LH also follow the law whereby support characters healing and casting buffs on undead mobs would actually deal damage and debuffs.

shindayuki said:

Note:
I love the skeletons.... looks like the monsters in Payon Dungeon Level 1 in Ragnarok Online... =)

I was reminded of Ragnarok Online's Payon Dungeon too but I remembered the sufferings of Payon Dungeon Lvl 2 because of the Skeleton Warrior and Skeleton Archer mobs rather than Lvl 1.
If Log Horizon's final boss guarding the treasure is similar to Moonlight Flower, I would really have a good laugh, too good to be true, I know.
Dec 21, 2013 7:26 AM

Aug 2012
Typical noob mage attacking before the tank gets enough threat. I remember when I was in his position, topping the DPS charts and taking flak from angry hubris-fueled tanks who think they're all high and mighty.
---------------------
On Shiroe's end, it's a battle of wits, deception, and politicking. It's interesting to see two sides try to get even the slightest advantage on one another using non-violent methods.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 21, 2013 7:33 AM
Jun 2010
When I play mmorpgs, I have a habit of playing every since class to learn about them, but these days I do not have the time. Knowledge of every class really helps a lot in both dungeons/raids and especially in PvP =) Unfortunately this causes me to spread myself thin and not master any class since I become a jack-of-all-trade player, therefore I cannot perform as well as someone who has a complete mastery of their character.

I am trying to learn to play only one character, since I'm lucky if I even get 4 hours a week to play games. I paid two month of subscription to Final Fantasy XIV and spending 0 hours playing it for the two month because I was busy with school, lol. I had to cancel my subscription since I do not want to waste anymore money for nothing.
LazyLuongDec 21, 2013 7:37 AM
Dec 21, 2013 7:44 AM

Jun 2010
Running in a dungeon never works lol.

Crusty doing some moves. I guess he'll seduce the princess.
Dec 21, 2013 8:02 AM

Oct 2013
shindayuki said:
Wow I love this episode!!!!!!!!!! JUST AS WHAT I HAD IMAGINED WHILE READING THE LIGHT NOVEL!!! =)

and for the next episodes to come....... I WILL 10000000% GOING TO LOVE IT!!!!

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!

Note:

Oohh, u made me remind old good time, it was good time
Dec 21, 2013 8:07 AM

Mar 2012
This episode is comedy gold in the trainie part.

Really ELEGANT episode.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Dec 21, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2013
The princess is pretty. I thought Akatsuki would've been jealous. The bard class seems interesting too.
Dec 21, 2013 8:25 AM

Nov 2012
I wish Shiroe would have danced with Akatsuki, but I'm sure they'll have their moments together soon enough. Crusty had one devious smile on his face before he approached the princess. I just hope he doesn't plan on building a relation with the princess to betray the round table in some way. The whole dungeon part was interesting in tackling more of the game's mechanics. I think they're establishing the dungeon with the beginner parties so that eventually a dungeon battle with the pro parties like Log Horizon can just get straight into the fighting without too many explanations flying around during the battle. Or it could just be we're seeing the entire journey to reaching the maximum level in Log Horizon.
Dec 21, 2013 8:41 AM

Dec 2011
Can't wait to see now what the People of the Land would do to persuade the Round Table... and to see what's Crusty's ulterior motive.

Tohya saying he is gonna tank. Hell yeah, I remember playing as a Swordsman in Ran Online. Whoo. I should play again.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 9:10 AM

Jul 2009
Loved it when Tohya tried to go all Leeroy Jenkins on that ranged skeleton. This show really makes noobs look entertaining :D
Dec 21, 2013 9:34 AM
Feb 2013
Boring ep
Dec 21, 2013 9:37 AM

Dec 2012
Good change of pace compared to all the politics we have. Thought it was a little too heavy for the last 2 episodes.
Dec 21, 2013 9:46 AM
Nov 2013
i notice how only us viewer can see player status screen.
because Touya was asked Rudy about his class and level so i guess player in the world cant see other player stat info screen?
Dec 21, 2013 9:51 AM
Oct 2012
just went from an 8 to a 9
Dec 21, 2013 10:09 AM

May 2013
Don't understand how people think this episode was boring while the last episodes didn't really have any action (not that it bored me). C'mon this episode was elegant. You go Crusty, getting the princess on the Adventurers' side. She's cute and her dream is to lay all day in bed in her pajamas. That sorcerer needs to learn his lesson with teamwork. I wanna see a summoner or an archer (if they have that in this game) fight.
"Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself." ~ Kamina (TTGL)

“You should enjoy the little detours. To the fullest. Because that’s where you’ll find the things more important than what you want.” ~ Ging (HxH)
Dec 21, 2013 10:10 AM

Apr 2010
This-fucking-anime. I'm in love.
Dec 21, 2013 10:40 AM

Jun 2013
Can't say I'm that interested in the dungeon crawling, I'd rather see more politics. Although it did remind me of running Dead Mines in vanilla WoW ^^ I guess never WoW players might have a hard time grasping that there was a time when even low level dungeons where not guaranteed clears every time xD

Also I might pick up the books soon even if I was going to wait til the anime was done. I can't stand these week long wait xD
Dec 21, 2013 10:41 AM

Oct 2013
Hmm, this ep well spread among the rest. Not very focus on Shiroe. I missed his one-man...
Dec 21, 2013 10:51 AM
Dec 21, 2013 11:16 AM
Oct 2011
SkyTate said:

Akatsuki is too short, can't dance, doesn't look as pretty/elegant as Henrietta and they would just step on each others toes and fall down. They're trying to set an image here for the npc and the bard effects made it even better. There is no way a dance with Akatsuki could even touch that and besides the people of the land would probably think Shirou was a lolicon anyways.

Don't hate, but Henrietta has a better chemistry and confidence with Shirou IMO.
Dec 21, 2013 11:34 AM

Jun 2013
So Rundelhaus is a sorcerer. Finally someone who deals real soviet damage! But please dude, let the tank properly grab aggro first. As someone who always tanks in MMOs let me tell ya that there's nothing more annoying than a trigger-happy mage.
Dec 21, 2013 11:55 AM

Jul 2013
Nice dancing skills Shiroe, but thanks to Henrietta :D. Something is up for the People of the Land so Shiroe send Akatsuki for a recon mission.

Its dungeon exploring time but Tohya and Rundel were a bit cocky about themselves and retreated afterwards.

Lenessia is pretty but I wonder what Crusty is going to talk about.

Dec 21, 2013 11:57 AM

Aug 2012
Good episode. Enjoyed it. Especially the dungeon scenes. Had me laughing haha
Dec 21, 2013 12:09 PM

Jul 2012
There's only one thing left! (Epic character slash scene)... RUN!! LOL
Dec 21, 2013 12:19 PM

Apr 2012
The running away reminded me of this! lol. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZwuTo7zKM8
Dec 21, 2013 12:27 PM

Apr 2012
mages op, where is the hand of salvation or blessing of protection *nerdy wow references*

Dec 21, 2013 1:33 PM

Aug 2010
OMFG that dungeon scene. I was taken back into Vanilla/BC WoW, when dungeons still meant something. I was also taken back to mages using all their trinkets and Arcane Power Presence of Mine Pyroblast a mob before the tank (me) even reached the mobs -.-

Also, that bodypull =/ Somehow that reminded me of running vanilla scarlet monastery with a noobish tank where I (DPS Pally) had to bodypull the groups because the tank usually would pull 2 or 3, usually resulting in our premature expiration
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Dec 21, 2013 2:15 PM

May 2012
love that dungeon hunting.. this series is truly rpg..

Dec 21, 2013 2:21 PM

Jul 2009
that crusty. what a man
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.