IS: Infinite Stratos 2 Episode 12 Discussion
Dec 20, 2013 6:45 AM
Dec 20, 2013 6:53 AM
Dec 20, 2013 7:34 AM
Dec 20, 2013 7:40 AM
Dec 20, 2013 8:30 AM
Dec 20, 2013 9:51 AM
Dec 20, 2013 10:40 AM
Dec 20, 2013 10:59 AM
Joined: Nov 2013
The action this episode was GLORIOUS.
The ending was funny, but there definitely a lot of loose threads.
The ED was great, all 7 girls. This show definitely has the best cast of girls ever.
Overall, I enjoyed IS 2 but it was a really big let down. I know this probably is selling like crazy. I honestly would love to have another season, but one with more plot and more glorious action scenes, not pandering bullshit.
Dec 20, 2013 11:00 AM
Dec 20, 2013 11:10 AM
Dec 20, 2013 11:16 AM
Dec 20, 2013 11:29 AM
Dec 20, 2013 11:31 AM
Dec 20, 2013 12:07 PM
Dec 20, 2013 1:28 PM
Dec 20, 2013 6:38 PM
Dec 20, 2013 7:35 PM
Dec 20, 2013 8:40 PM
Dec 20, 2013 8:50 PM
Dec 20, 2013 9:26 PM
Dec 20, 2013 9:37 PM
Dec 20, 2013 9:44 PM
Dec 20, 2013 10:18 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
look what they did! epic action at the last episode!! what a genius. seriously if most of the episodes are like this and not boring shit and forced fanservice then I would've gladly given this an 8 or maybe even a 9.
looks like Tatenashi became part of his harem after all... and also this is how they and it??? pathetic. if not for the epic action this episode I might've given this a 5.
if ever they plan on making yet another sequel I HOPE that they focus more on the plot and action and maybe romance but if they plan on making something like this again.. pls don't bother.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2013 11:05 PM
Dec 20, 2013 11:10 PM
Dec 20, 2013 11:49 PM
Dec 21, 2013 1:54 AM
Dec 21, 2013 2:08 AM
Dec 21, 2013 2:09 AM
Dec 21, 2013 2:25 AM
Dec 21, 2013 4:03 AM
Dec 21, 2013 4:05 AM
Dec 21, 2013 5:20 AM
Dec 21, 2013 6:23 AM
Dec 21, 2013 7:15 AM
Dec 21, 2013 7:38 AM
Dec 21, 2013 7:48 AM
Dec 21, 2013 8:23 AM
Dec 21, 2013 11:42 AM
Dec 21, 2013 12:56 PM
Dec 21, 2013 3:39 PM
Joined: May 2009
This reminds me of the finale of the first season so much. Anyway, I have a theory. IS's are magical, or something. I dunno, but that constant dream land is such a strange addition. I don't understand what the **** it means, why it's relevant or why it would be included as a feature in an IS.
So, little run down of points:
1) So Madoka wants to kill Chifuyu, okay, fine. However, is she simply unaware of the bomb on the train, or does she just not care? Maybe she wants to do it with her own hands?
2) "The system is being hijacked", wasn't it hijacked to start with? Like, isn't the entire situation a result of the train being hacked? Wut?
3) The banter between Kanzashi and the scorpion tailed IS yellow haired pilot person was absolutely shit. Like, the worst insults and comebacks, ever.
4) "There's a bomb on the train!" -> A timer appears out of nowhere on queue for no reason. It's like the bomb itself has said "okay, the jigs up, let's tell them how much time they have".
5) Why would you have a timer anyway in this day and age, just set it as a remote detonated device. Not exactly hard. Like, especially since they were kinda keeping the bomb a secret. How come it started timing when they recognised its existence? Does that mean that it would have been fine if they were ignorant of the bomb?
6) How come the IS's they have are so shit? Like, everyone else seems to have much better IS, and the army have the shittest IS ever. Like, they aren't even personalised. How can an army even casually send out ten IS's when there are less than half a thousand in the entire world?
7) The heat signature can recognise specific individuals, all whilst she spins around and around endlessly for no good reason, but then she isn't at all. Why is the camera spinning then when it's clearly not the thing searching? Why would it continue searching after it found it's intended target?
8 ) Army IS pilots cannot shoot for shit. ****, stationary targets are hard man!
9) Army IS pilots know not of the concept of dodging, evasion or maneuvering. Did they learn nothing in training?
10) "A mass of energy", otherwise known as... mass. Can't she figure out it's an IS? Also, it didn't shoot anything down, it laser sworded them.
11) "You are to stand by BECAUSE I SAY SO! I don't care if it doesn't make sense, I will tell you to do something later or summin".
12) All of the previous 11 points came within the first 5 minutes, including the OP sequence.
13) Cecilia and the angry enemy woman both know very little about dodging, fortunately they both can't shoot for shit either.
14) Oh wait, she does shoot 9 down with a massive beam cannon. Of course they don't think to dodge, or move, or shoot. They are literally just stood in place waiting to die.
15) "Aww shit, this train is about to be shot, I could start up my IS and defend the train, but that sounds like a hassle" - every girl on the train.
16) Casual block of the laser cannon. Like, if it's that easy to block then why bother dodging, how come that laser was able to mow down 10 IS instantly, but it doesn't even scratch Orimura's?
17) Why is Orimura being told about the bomb? He can do **** all to help, even if he wasn't been attacked. He couldn't do more than the people currently on the train at least.
18 ) "Please hold out until then" = "Please wait around on that ticking time bomb, even though you could all have flown to safety by now, or started doing something productive".
19) Why are cecilia and Houki coming to "help" when they haven't even dealt with the ****er that's assaulting them yet?
20) Wait, so the doors were locked? That's why they were waiting around? Right.... something doesn't seem right here.... Hmmm, it's almost like they could have just busted out the roof or something with an IS when this started.....
21) The one chasing Houki shoots in the direction of Houki, but not at Houki, but something past her which explodes. I don't know what this something is, and why it was so important to it took precedent over the stationary Houki, but whatever.
22) "A brother who can't protect his sister can't even be called a man!". Hmmm. Here I thought we lived in 2013, not the 20th century.....
23) Given that you spent so long in the train doing **** all, couldn't you have thought to run through the plan beforehand, so you didn't need to do it when time was really really tight?
24) How does she locate the bomb with hacking, or a computer in general? So the people who placed it made it a timed device, but made it so it produced signals? Wut?
25) Yeh, I can accept that Ichika would be stupid/shocked enough to forget about the enemy right behind him because of the explosion.... but what about Houki and Cecilia who were there watching her shoot him? What were they doing? They are like 5 meters away as well (all of a sudden, since when were they there?). They actually want him to die don't they?
26) This happened last season in the finale (Ichika being knocked out and going to magical land). It kind of takes the tension away when they go through the exact same routine all over.
27) Cecilia, the long range IS pilot, challenges the other pilot from point blank. Probably needs that range in order to hit. Oh wait, she moved further away in a different shot, without moving....
28) Ichika's IS didn't explode, but all of the army IS units did, why? In fact his unit looks fine considering he just got shot in the back point blank. Did she miss the easy shot on purpose?
29) She keeps grabbing their faces and using it as a leverage point to fling their entire IS unit into the ground. How heavy is the IS? It looks pretty heavy, at least 300 kg. Think about the amount of strain that Cecilia's neck would have to endure in order to be able to swing the IS around whilst grabbing her head. If that didn't rip her head off, she'd have a broken neck. Why is Cecilia still alive?
30) So Charlotte managed to surprise Madoka with her appearance even though she appeared in front of her, but Laura didn't think to take her rear by surprise. She could have ended it right then and there. Also another casual block of the cannon. Also Laura, don't scream if you are trying to surprise her. Maybe you weren't going for surprise, I dunno your German tactics.
31) Ichika is in the magical mystery land, again. What the **** is the magical land? Houki has magical tears?
32) 10 o'clock is so ****ing stupid when you're fighting in 3 dimensions. Plus doesn't the IS have a tracking system anyway? It can apparently find specific people by their heat signatures from 500m easily, but an enemy IS? Nope, no luck, have to tell each other. More to the point, who's 10 o'clock? In IS battles where you are constantly turning and spinning, 10 o'clock one second ago would mean another direction fraction of a second later.
33) Mountain Storm is shit.
34) Dream land is a bizarre place that makes no sense. Like literally what the **** is this whole dream sequence shit? He sees his older sister, but then it goes black, starts killing him but he prays to the lady with white hair and shit's cool? Wut?
35) Cecilia regained consciousness? That was fast. Why is she blowing up streets?
36) How come there are no cars.... oh wait, this battle has being going on for over half an hour now I suppose..... no parked cars though?
37) Lots of buildings with lights on, meaning they are at home. God, so many must have die- oh wait no buildings were hit. Miraculous. In a huge city with packed buildings in all directions, a massive gun fight in the sky above lasting a significant amount of time has no stray bullets that hit any buildings.
38 ) Oh wait shit, they just crushed some poor guy's house, oh wait, several. So projectiles missed, but IS's can hit them? Got it. Like the OP shockwave move.
39) Kanzaki unveils a laser cannon as if it had been there since forever. Did she know that this was going to happen all along, and that the train would stop at that exact place? ****ing genius!
40) She somehow only grazes with the huge beam cannon.
41) Ichika uses his deus ex machina move.
42) His dues ex machina move is shit.
43) All the girls just left the other one to go save Madoka. They were like "**** this I'm done already".
44) Houki appears without a sound, out of nowhere. She also starts saying "Phantom Task escaped" as she stands there, letting them escape.
45) It turns out the reason the student's IS's are so shit is because the maker of them is an asshole. She and her white haired buddy like shit stirring the entire world for some reason.
46) "Oh look, the signs are on the wrong way round, let's not check to make sure there aren't any men or women already in the baths!".
47) Zero causalities. SEEMS LEGIT. Must have been no one in the buildings that the IS's destroyed by being shockwaved into them.
48 ) They don't really seem too bothered by Phantom Task all things considered. They kind of treat it like an annoying kid that bothers them every so often rather than an actual serious threat when they speak of it in hindsight. "Such a bothersome day". Maybe the subbers fault. I doubt it.
49) I suppose it isn't Infinite Stratos if they don't close on a fanservice scene.
50) Ichika faints, sinks under the water, travels unnoticed all the way over to the girls underwater, then suddenly resurfaces, all whilst he's unconscious.
Well I liked the ED sequence sped up by 1.28 times. It's a lot more likely.
Let's see, score.... 3.
Agreed with most of these. Also a 3 in my book.
But what does the century have to do with a virtuous brother wanting to protect his sister? Did that bother you that much? IIRC, IS takes place decades ahead of 2013, not like it makes a difference. It seems old-school cameras are back in style, though.
Dec 21, 2013 3:46 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:08 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:41 PM
Dec 21, 2013 6:50 PM
Dec 21, 2013 8:51 PM
Dec 21, 2013 9:24 PM
Dec 21, 2013 10:21 PM
Joined: Sep 2011
So let me get this straight Tabane Shinonono upgraded her IS . So what if Houki Shinonono had been killed along with the Chifuyu Orimurae and the kids on the train, you telling me Tabane Shinonono is all cool with her sister and friend being killed because it's all just shits and giggles for her no matter who or how many people get killed as longs as it's interesting. If this is the case then why isn't she portrayed to be more evil in this show since she just basically toying with everyone like some God and basically doesn't really care about anyone?
Modified by ColdXClue, Dec 21, 2013 11:01 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 21, 2013 10:33 PM
Joined: Nov 2009
People saying that this show is a piece of crap and a waste of time even though they watched all 12 episodes amuses me.
Even though the plot was terribly executed, I still find myself enjoying the fanservice of the show even though Ichika is a complete retard of a main character.
And the amount of plot holes in this last episode is actually hilarious lol so much inconsistency in the last fights. Like where the the f*ck are the people in the city LOL
Dec 22, 2013 1:30 AM