Forum Settings
Forums

'Tamako Market' Movie 'Tamako Love Story' to Premiere on April 26, 2014

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 18, 2013 11:58 PM
Dec 2013
Thank you for sharing this will help me so much in my learning .I would very much like to hear more from you on this subject.
Dec 19, 2013 12:54 AM

Jan 2013
This is going to be easily the single most thrilling and action-packed adventure film of 2014!!!!!1!!!
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 19, 2013 2:42 AM

May 2010
So can I expect Mochizou x Tamako? Poor guy, never got his girl in the end
Dec 19, 2013 3:24 AM
Dec 2012
Please give us MidoriXTamako KyoAni!
Dec 19, 2013 3:55 AM

Jun 2010
Ill give it a 10 if the annoying talking bird dies.
Dec 19, 2013 4:03 AM

Dec 2012
-MgZ_ said:
Ill give it a 10 if the annoying talking bird dies.

Probably the bird will not die. So, get ready to give it a 5/10.
I like anime.
Dec 19, 2013 8:12 AM

Nov 2011
Red_Keys said:
I still can't see how people thought there are yuri vibes in the show.

Aside from the fact that one of the female characters is gay?

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Sep 2012
The most I saw in Midori was close friendship. She was very protective of Tamako from Mochizou, like any typical girl would be. And then that protection was also fueled by Midori's anxiety over possibly losing Tamako to Mochizou. You know, boyfriend barges in and ruins their close friendship. He "steals" Tamako away.

That's a very common theme in a lot of fiction, and also real life. I mean, have you never heard the term "bros before hoes"? Where do you think that term came from? Why do you think it exists? Hell, Toy Story has this same theme. Buzz "steals" Andy from Woody. They were best friends, until Buzz came and ruined it all. Then Woody feels jealous and upset about it. Was Woody gay? No. That's just ridiculous.

Unless I missed something and it explicitly stated that she was indeed a homosexual, no, there were no yuri vibes.
Dec 19, 2013 8:53 AM

Nov 2011
Red_Keys said:
The most I saw in Midori was close friendship. She was very protective of Tamako from Mochizou, like any typical girl would be. And then that protection was also fueled by Midori's anxiety over possibly losing Tamako to Mochizou. You know, boyfriend barges in and ruins their close friendship. He "steals" Tamako away.

That's a very common theme in a lot of fiction, and also real life. I mean, have you never heard the term "bros before hoes"? Where do you think that term came from? Why do you think it exists? Hell, Toy Story has this same theme. Buzz "steals" Andy from Woody. They were best friends, until Buzz came and ruined it all. Then Woody feels jealous and upset about it. Was Woody gay? No. That's just ridiculous.

Unless I missed something and it explicitly stated that she was indeed a homosexual, no, there were no yuri vibes.

Try to pay more attention next time you watch a series.

It even said/implied in the original announcement.
rederoinDec 19, 2013 8:59 AM

Dec 19, 2013 8:59 AM

Sep 2012
Red_Keys said:

If you'd direct me to something along the lines of "proof", you know, something a bit more substantial than vague empty statements that don't really mean anything, that'd help out a bit.
Dec 19, 2013 9:01 AM

Nov 2011
Red_Keys said:
Red_Keys said:

If you'd direct me to something along the lines of "proof", you know, something a bit more substantial than vague empty statements that don't really mean anything, that'd help out a bit.

Aside from the original announcement you mean? Which is all the proof I need.

http://i.imgur.com/QukDcBp.jpg

I disliked the series, but I'm surprised how many can be blind to this. It even was in the bloody announcement of the anime.
rederoinDec 19, 2013 9:23 AM

Dec 19, 2013 10:03 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Aside from the original announcement you mean?
Can you link that?

Ehhh.... ok. I can see how it's there if you're looking for it. But in all honesty, it's too subtle and scarce for them to actually do anything with it. This is what, five 20 second scenes out of the entire 12 episode anime?

And even then, these scenes are taken out of context. If you look at those scenes with the mindset "Midori is afraid of losing Tamako (as a best friend) to Mochizou", they all fit perfectly. Except for maybe the last one about flowers blooming.
Dec 19, 2013 10:25 AM

Nov 2008
it's a romantic anime i'm interested so will wait for more info
Dec 19, 2013 2:40 PM

Oct 2012
I'm interested but I don't know why KyoAni makes a film of Tamako, I watched the series and it was ok, with that bird on it... Maybe I'll watch it.
I'm learning English so maybe I make mistakes :)
Dec 19, 2013 6:40 PM

Sep 2013
Will watch if there's some actual love involved. I dropped the series cause there was just no romance at all. Hopefully the movie does better.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Dec 19, 2013 11:12 PM

Oct 2012
Will definitely watch it, such a fun relaxing show. I hope they worked on making Dera's antics funnier, though I won't get my hopes up.
Dec 20, 2013 12:15 AM

Oct 2007
Yuri ending. Please KyoAni. Do it for us. I'll even start liking Kyoukai no Kanata.
Dec 20, 2013 12:37 AM
May 2012
AndyRayy said:
Yes~

This sounds like it'll be really cute. Nothing mind-blowing, nothing that the 'critics' might call objectively good, but just something relaxing to watch with cuteness to boot.

And I'm totally fine with that.

Me too :))

I'll watch Tamako Market first.
Dec 20, 2013 10:21 PM

Mar 2013
I'm shocked they are even trying this due to how the anime semi-flopped (Haven't seen much talk about it in months compared to a anime like K-On or Chu-2).
I'm glad somebody else doesn't understand what's yuri about Midori as well. I may or not watch this (barely liked the show it's going to be based on).
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Dec 22, 2013 7:19 AM

Aug 2012
I don't dislike moe, but I barely finished the TV series. I hope this movie will be good.
Dec 24, 2013 7:51 AM

Aug 2009
YESS! I liked that guy who has a crush on her, I hope they will finally get together *w*
Dec 24, 2013 9:34 AM
Mar 2010
Lol it's like most females fan are for MochiXTamako while all the guys are there for the MidoriXTamako.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Dec 24, 2013 12:32 PM
Apr 2013
Anything but a Mochizou ending! I hate that guy. I'd really adore a Midori ending because that's my OTP, though I know that's probably impossible considering it's KyoAni and they never have canon gay couples...

I hope she stays single then.
Dec 24, 2013 8:38 PM

Jun 2012
Kyoani what are you doing?!?
Dec 24, 2013 9:33 PM

Sep 2012
How could anybody possibly hate Mochizou?

I'd understand if you're like some stupid ass loli fuckwit fanboy who is simply enraged at the fact that there are male characters included in the show. I'd think you're obnoxious and retarded, but I'd understand at least.
Dec 24, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Red_Keys said:
I'd understand if you're like some stupid ass loli fuckwit fanboy who is simply enraged at the fact that there are male characters included in the show. I'd think you're obnoxious and retarded, but I'd understand at least.

Boy you're sure mature.
No need to take things personally dude, I wasn't even referring to you.
Dec 24, 2013 11:27 PM

Sep 2012
"if"

^ Learn that word.
Dec 24, 2013 11:36 PM

Dec 2012
jmal said:
MrsKotobuki said:
Anything but a Mochizou ending! I hate that guy. I'd really adore a Midori ending because that's my OTP, though I know that's probably impossible considering it's KyoAni and they never have canon gay couples...

As much as I don't want a Mochizou ending, I don't hate him. He's alright, and if they had never brought up Midori's feelings, I wouldn't have an issue with him getting with Tamako. I tend to like lead males in KyoAni shows. He's a bit uninteresting, but a good guy.

Is the movie gonna have conclusive romance? or is this just speculations?
Dec 29, 2013 9:21 AM

Feb 2011
Yes! Every kyoani movie is amazing!
Dec 30, 2013 3:21 AM

Dec 2013
yeay i'm looking forward to! xD
Jan 8, 2014 12:56 PM

Jan 2011
i loved the easyness an fun of tamako market. o/ a conclusion was obvious and still i cannot understand, why everyone downrates the show so much. what did everyone expected to see? bloody ninja stuff? monster of the week? psycho duell to the death between the bird and a mochi? school harem? its designed to be a cute slice of life love story with a little bit of fantasy and they did it great. and i think the movie could do the same with a little bit more drama, wich could be a nice addition. if you want Tamako Bond 00mochi, than wach the real thing. ;P
Jan 8, 2014 6:06 PM

Nov 2013
summerwars said:
i loved the easyness an fun of tamako market. o/ a conclusion was obvious and still i cannot understand, why everyone downrates the show so much. what did everyone expected to see? bloody ninja stuff? monster of the week? psycho duell to the death between the bird and a mochi? school harem? its designed to be a cute slice of life love story with a little bit of fantasy and they did it great. and i think the movie could do the same with a little bit more drama, wich could be a nice addition. if you want Tamako Bond 00mochi, than wach the real thing. ;P

Wow...my thoughts, and more xD
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Today

21 by VanishingKira »»
4 hours ago

» 'Yuri!!! on Ice: Ice Adolescence' Anime Movie Cancels Production ( 1 2 )

DatRandomDude - Apr 18

95 by RobertBobert »»
6 hours ago

» 'Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou' Season 3 Unveils Additional Cast, First Promo

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

2 by BankaiGoku »»
Yesterday, 11:26 PM

» TAAF 2024 Anime of the Year Winners Announced

Snow - Apr 19

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:38 PM

» Netflix Announces 'Garouden: The Way of the Lone Wolf' Anime for May 2024

Hyperion_PS - Apr 21

10 by malvarez1 »»
Yesterday, 8:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.