Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion

Dec 21, 2016 6:10 PM
I still don't get it. Why Miroku wants to kill Akihito or what was his mission ? Why he stoled the Hollow Shadow ?

Dec 27, 2016 9:53 AM

So they won't explain how did she back?? Fuyukai-des~~
not even what did Izumi-nee san do?? Fuyukai-des~~
and A LOT of other unexplained stuff?? FUYUKAI DES!!!!!

Mar 22, 2017 5:46 PM

What an unbelievably stupid clusterfuck of a show. 3/10

May 4, 2017 2:10 AM

I came and expected to be disappointed, still got disappointed. This show is better than mediocre, but barely, by the skin of its teeth. It's kinda like the poor man's Monogatari, except Monogatari is a well-written series with interesting and complex characters. At least the animation and the character designs are top notch - I mean, it's a Kyoani show - and the music is pretty good, but that's it.
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.

Jun 23, 2017 7:49 PM

This final was a mix of action and feels.

Overall it was a good show, a bit dull at the beginning, but it kept getting better from there. The animation was splendid, OSTs about average, only the ending was really awesome.

Would have rated this with a 7, but Mirais little comeback made the whole drama pointless, though I have to admit I was glad to see a happy end and I even had to shed a tear when the ending song kicked in.

Well, despite asspull it's still a solid 6/10.
Kokoro did nothing wrong.

Jul 22, 2017 11:14 AM

I think this series did well. My one problem was they dropped a lot of bombs at us in the end and left us hanging. Izumi has a dreamshade inside her but there was no explanation or significance about that provided? Hopefully there's a season 2 or an OVA or something where this gets touched on more. And Fujima has one too and the destructive nature of dreamshades is suppose to be the motivation behind all his actions? That's just lazy writing to me, I expected him to be more twisted and complex rather than just some antagonist who wants to destroy the world.

I kind of wish Sakura learned how to fight without that weapon, because she's already shown she's highly proficient in combat. She still had a great character though.

I think the ending of the series would have been more poignant if they didn't revive Mirai as well. It just kind of trivializes all those emotional goodbye moments from before. But I guess it makes sense since Akihito gained control of Beyond the Horizon so of course his feelings revived her. I thought his mom was gonna provide more background for us when she arrived but...I guess that's a pipe dream too.

However I think the story was told in a pretty nice way. One of my favorite moments has to be the explanation behind Mirai's moe-ish "don't talk to me" behavior in the beginning of the series. I'm gonna say 8.5/10 and round it up to 9/10.

Edit: just looked and saw that there's a movie sequel and an OVA prequel? Hopefully that will deliver all I'm looking for!
Modified by Chanaynay, Jul 22, 2017 11:18 AM

Sep 9, 2017 8:42 AM

Thus they re-united ... kind of a meh ending, would have loved it if they explained why rather than just saying maybe it was fate / Mirai making it come to true or his feelings reached her.
Or just don't revive her at all.

Still though, solid show, had a lot of awesome scenes and actually a pretty coherent story.

9/10

Sep 25, 2017 8:16 AM

Mira's comeback does not make sense to me, it has no logic we just bring people back without logic for anime fans to be satisfied with the end hey? The show was fine for me and the fight scenes made me enjoy it but story wise it was stupid yeah I said it was very stupid. so to be lenient I would rate 6/10.
"You know the rules, kill them all and keep moving "--- Lil Wayne- John

Oct 11, 2017 3:44 PM
Pretty good anime, not what I was expecting considering I found it via someone's best "ecchi" anime list on the Youtubes, but good nonetheless. Not sure if it is one I will buy or not, but will rate it at 7/10 as it was a pretty decent anime.

Oct 30, 2017 12:38 PM
Wha..what?? Oh, I get it...no wait I don't...I guess that makes sense...HUH?

Basically, my thought process while watching this show. The characters were likable, but the plot started off interesting and then just transformed into this giant mess. It's too bad because this was some of the best animation I've seen out of an anime. Seriously, it was top notch.

Oh, well. I give it a 6/10.

Feb 4, 2018 7:56 AM
Hey guys check this link out. I think this explanation makes a lot of sense. Pls share your views.

http://beyondtheboundarytheories.tumblr.com/post/74023309153/how-did-mirai-come-back-to-life/amp

Mar 22, 2018 9:54 PM

I was genuinely surprised when we thought Mirai was gone for good. It would have made for a plausible ending.

But seeing her come back makes me believe is she's truly real or something more menacing or simply in Aki's head.

Still I guess a happy ending is a happy ending.

And it everything comes down to the glasses.

Dec 17, 2018 9:11 AM

Great show with a fairly good ending!

I’m very uncertain on what those final couple of minutes or so was implying but I, personally, think that Kuriyama is not alive in real life simply because she clearly said that her real body is long gone and it wouldn’t make sense for it to just came back since the ‘shade’ has returned back to Akihito. Could it all be inside Akihito’s head, rooting from regrets and dissatisfaction?
Plenty more Questions even from here onwards:
- Who exactly is Akihito’s mother and what kind of a background has she had with Akihito and Izumi? Moreover, where is she off to now and in order to do what exactly?
I honestly this is one of the biggest mysteries surrounding the story because his mother surely knows exactly what’s up with Akihito.
- How did Mirai not collapse?
Clearly, she used a lot more blood, like tetra gallons of blood, than before and it seemed as though using that little amount had a lot more affect. Even if it was because of her getting the hang of her power or becoming stronger, there was little to no implications on that.
- Why is Izumi contaminated with ‘shade’ and where on earth has she disappeared to?
Does it have anything to do with extra power? Probably not, but I’ll just thrown it in here anyway in case that minor possibility is actually legitimate.
- What was the motive of Fujima? Would the destruction of the world have helped him in any way or was he planning to control the beast afterwards?
And more...

All in all, a really good series despite this little lapse in the conclusion.

- Storyline/Plot Development: 5/10
Honestly, this felt a bit flat throughout. For starters, the world building aspect of the show was awful and I have no idea how the whole Spirit hunting association and such works. Meanwhile, I, for one, really adored episode 6 but it, and another episode or two, were clearly side-stories which were not a part of the overarching plot and even the timing for them was a bit off. Ending of the show was haphazard too with a lot of things thrown in to the mix and some of it wasn’t really backed up with enough details sadly. Still, a average to fairly good department regardless.
- Characterization/Character Development: 7/10
It could’ve easily hit the high 8s and possibly the 9/10 and even the 10/10 mark had it focused a bit more on the antagonists and the final trump cards, that is Akihito’s mother and Izumi for instance. Main cast were an intriguing bunch, meanwhile, and the side-story episodes really made me adore this bunch a lot more! I think what really sold them to me was the realism that KyoAni managed to perfect in this show. Overall, a bit disappointed but adored the main cast anyway.
- Art/Animation Scale: 9/10
KyoAni simply providing what they provide best, and that is evidently gorgeous animation! Battle scenes were eye-candy to watch and the action sequences totally mesmerising, there were so many instances when I would replay a certain scene just to go through the experience again! Basically, it delivered whenever it was required and was above par throughout! Great stuff!
- Sound Department: 9.5/10
Op and ED, along with all the soundtracks, were top tier! Really, amazing stuff! Op had this really nice moody feel to it and the ED was great to hear after each and every episode! Soundtracks during the comedic scenes were really well placed and accurate, and likewise for battle scenes. The eerie soundtracks made me really invested into the heavy intense moments. I’ll definitely miss the cameo of these two last two Departments!
- Personal Enjoyment: 8/10
I really enjoyed the show, truly! I would’ve given this an easy 9 had the conclusion for the show been handled better, but it was still brillIant! Plot twist there at Episode 10 revealing the backstory leading up to Episode 1 was, in particular, an amazing ride! Directing of that episode was great and it just had the right mood to it, I guess. Comedy aspect of this show was cho-very hilarious and a great and memorable company(I won’t forget Episode 6 for a while for sure), especially when Akihito and Onii-Chan would be in sync! Overall, definitely going to miss this show!

-> Overall Final Score: Solid 7.5/10!
Looking forward to seeing the sequel movie tomorrow morning(or probably not anytime before afternoon, it seems)! I know that not all of my Questions will be answered but I hope at least some will. In particular, I really hope we get to know more of Akihito’s mother.
Modified by _MushiRock11_, Dec 18, 2018 1:38 AM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 30, 12:22 PM
How unpleasant! It's done now. Time for the movies to see how things really ends!

Pages (11) « First ... « 9 10 [11]