Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2013 3:28 AM
Jan 2013
RIP to I-400 and I-402.

Now what, you got the US Fog Fleet in front and Kongo from behind, so how will the guys get away from them?
Dec 17, 2013 3:53 AM
Jan 2008
I just google "tsundere class heavy cruiser" and the second result is the wikipedia page about the real Takao-class cruiser of the Imperial Japanese Navy. Does this mean that "tsundere class heavy cruiser" is officially recognized term? XD
Dec 17, 2013 4:28 AM

Sep 2008
Damn, an awesome episode again, now there's just one left, i don't want this show to end ;_;

Now i kinda feel sorry for 400 and 402, and even more for 401, losing her sisters 'cause she had to sink them, that's hard.
However, the outcome of the fight was kinda clear from the beginning, 5 ships on Gunzous side against 400 and 402, still was an amazing battle.

I wonder how the "American" fog ships will be, i'm sure it'll be a tough fight. Maybe i'm sensing a second season here?

Also, "Deathstar-Kongou" arriving at the battleground and she's fucking pissed. I wonder what she'll do and if she's gonna assist Iona & Crew or not.
Dec 17, 2013 5:26 AM

Aug 2013
Even though Takao is now just a 2D model, she's still cute when Gunzo's talking with her, hhahaahhaa.

Dat opening attack, Epic use of Super Gravity Canon.

However, it Feels when 400 and 402 died. And it looks like 402 was changing, having her own feelings, according to 400 which for her was an unnecessary thing for them.

Dat Kongou and Maya's fusion, was that the Humongous ball in the end? wow WTF. Looks like Iona and the gang will be dealing with the Final Boss. And I thought there'll be a chance for them to be allies... Tchh

It would be dem feels next week, cos a lot of animes will be ending its course.
Dec 17, 2013 6:23 AM

Apr 2011
I love how everyone was silent when they mention Takao, then she suddenly appeared on the monitor. Takao! How I missed you! <3

Epic Maya x Kongou!

Well, the bigger and badder the final boss the better.
Dec 17, 2013 6:49 AM

Aug 2013
lol .. Takao is alive
was already feeling lack of the openness

lol .. Takao esta viva
ja estava sentindo falta da abertura
Dec 17, 2013 7:49 AM

Aug 2008
Motherfuckin Takao is motherfuckin back! I knew that she didn't die... ;___;

And srsly, AMERICA.
Dec 17, 2013 9:12 AM

Apr 2013
It looks like The Blue fleet is in deep shit right now. Well, at least Takao is alive :)
Dec 17, 2013 10:05 AM

Aug 2013
R.I.P sisters , hmm it was boring episode I guess 4/5 finally 1 episode only left

LCWS | SCS | TCO | NC | DNC
Dec 17, 2013 10:21 AM

Aug 2012
Damn, after the best episode in the series (episode 10), we get a rushed piece of garbage. The writers made room for a second season only to squander it in this episode.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Dec 17, 2013 3:17 PM

Apr 2011
I hope this gets a 2nd season! Takao is still alive!!!!!!!!!! Excellent epd.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Dec 17, 2013 4:15 PM

Oct 2010
I just can't get enough of Takao. That fashion and quirky personality. Glad to see her alive and still kicking.

The conflicting emotions between the duty to battle and the desire to save loved ones. What a spectacular demonstration of tragically conflicting ideals.

Look at Kongou go. Lockdown? Bitch please. Gimme a sec.
FUCKIN DEATH STAR.

Goodness gracious everything is right with this anime. Everything is right.
HowTragicDec 17, 2013 4:19 PM
Dec 17, 2013 5:01 PM
Jul 2012
HowTragic said:
I just can't get enough of Takao. That fashion and quirky personality. Glad to see her alive and still kicking.

The conflicting emotions between the duty to battle and the desire to save loved ones. What a spectacular demonstration of tragically conflicting ideals.

Look at Kongou go. Lockdown? Bitch please. Gimme a sec.
FUCKIN DEATH STAR.

Goodness gracious everything is right with this anime. Everything is right.

^LMAO I thought the same thing about the Death Star.

Another great episode. It's obvious they're gonna end with many things unanswered. I really hope this gets a second season. This anime is underrated and it definitely deserves one!
Dec 17, 2013 5:48 PM

Mar 2013
Takao \(^0^)/
RIP 400 & 402 T^T
Dec 17, 2013 6:52 PM
Oct 2012
gamer2710 said:
Damn, after the best episode in the series (episode 10), we get a rushed piece of garbage. The writers made room for a second season only to squander it in this episode.

It was never their intent to make a second season. It was a niche manga in a niche market, without too much expectation to it. We should be happy that they even made one. This is why they diverted from the manga and went for a complete story. There will not be a second season.

That said, they sell 20-30K BDs, ghosts will rise from the dead, however as much as I like this show, I think it is still only tracking to do 3-4K (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).
Dec 17, 2013 7:55 PM

Aug 2013
Hey who knows? Ship girls are pretty popular in Japan nowadays right? If they do make a second season for this, it'll probably in 2015. I'm sure the producers won't want to release this or its BDs while KanColle is airing or the its volumes still selling.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 17, 2013 8:42 PM

Dec 2008
Poor Iona. It sucks to see that the first two actual ships you actually sink (without them miraculously coming back a la Hyuuga and Haruna) are your own sister ships. Hopefully she's not shaken enough to the point where she derps against the American Fog Fleet and Kongou simultaneously.

Gahhhh next week's the last episode...this sucks. I really loved Ars Nova. I looked forward to this and Non Non Biyori every week, those two single-handedly made my Mondays bearable.

I'm hoping for at least a decent conclusion before I move onto the Manga adaptation once this wraps up. <3
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Dec 17, 2013 10:37 PM

Mar 2012
Takuan_Soho said:
gamer2710 said:

It was never their intent to make a second season. It was a niche manga in a niche market, without too much expectation to it. We should be happy that they even made one. This is why they diverted from the manga and went for a complete story. There will not be a second season.

That said, they sell 20-30K BDs, ghosts will rise from the dead, however as much as I like this show, I think it is still only tracking to do 3-4K (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong).

I dont know about 20-30k but according to varies sources this series is doing pretty well in japan and the pre-orders for it are one of the highest at the moment and u dont need to sell 30k to get a second season i know series that got more seasons with more below average numbers than that as long as it sells above the manbi line which is 2899there is still a chance it will still get it

Besides has anybody noticed yet they displayed there planned route they are planning on going to hawaii to re-supply and than go to san diago and on the displayed it showed they just left japanese waters and with 1 episode left there is still potential for a second season :)
Dec 17, 2013 10:42 PM
Feb 2009
definitely in need of a second season
Dec 17, 2013 11:24 PM

Jan 2013
Another great episode. Nice strategies and emotions.
Dec 18, 2013 1:42 AM
Jun 2013
WOW kongou! so badaass.

im very sure kongou will SINK all that american fog, she already say, the 1 who will sink 401 is "me" im prety sure she will wipe all that american fog then she will fight with 401 until dead.

and that kamikaze what he want? become king of the world? o.O
Dec 18, 2013 2:15 PM

Dec 2011
And Takao is here. I thought she is gone for good. Oh well. I love how I-401 have upgrades because of Takao.

They sure have dealt with the sisters quickly. I wonder how will they escape the ships on the end?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 18, 2013 3:39 PM

Jan 2013
Heh, told ya. They messed with Kongou and pissed her off. Now she's become several times more dangerous. Still, I didn't expect her to break free from that lockdown so fast and then just force-fuse with the real Maya... to become a floating ball of "you're so screwed" xD
Being badass doesn't even begin to describe it ^^

However, I'm somehow confused as to how coming into contact with Iona REALLY messes up fog ships within seconds. It's like human emotions are like a virus to the fog that they have ZERO means of defending against.
Dec 18, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
Kongou + Maya = Death Star? XD

That battle with the sisters was great, though kinda sad. I was hoping one of them would survive.. if only they had more time to spend with Iona, i bet they would understand her feelings and decisions..

This series is definitely getting better and better!
ChoroshiDec 18, 2013 5:43 PM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Dec 18, 2013 7:41 PM

Jul 2010
YES TAKAOOOOO.

What the hell, Kongou and Maya fused together to make a Death Star-like?
Kongou has lost her mind, I hope she won't die in the next and last episode.
Dec 18, 2013 8:05 PM
Oct 2012
-ShadowClaw- said:
I dont know about 20-30k but according to varies sources this series is doing pretty well in japan and the pre-orders for it are one of the highest at the moment and u dont need to sell 30k to get a second season i know series that got more seasons with more below average numbers than that as long as it sells above the manbi line which is 2899there is still a chance it will still get it

Besides has anybody noticed yet they displayed there planned route they are planning on going to hawaii to re-supply and than go to san diago and on the displayed it showed they just left japanese waters and with 1 episode left there is still potential for a second season :)

I would be overjoyed if there was a second season, so I am hoping for good sales.

Sales Numbers are not a good indication of what gets a sequel, shows with 3K in sales can get one, shows with 15K may not. A lot has to do with ties ins, but more has to do with how strong the production team behind the show is, and unfortunately the production committee for this show has too many players in it, this greatly reduces the change of a sequel being made.

Now this doesn't mean there may not be another Aoki series, but I think the artist and the publisher would want a reboot to more closely follow the Manga than having this show divert even further from the series, so we won't probably get a sequel of this particular interpretation. Of course if this studio produces a massive hit out of the series and it drives sales of the manga, then all bets are off.

I should say that I am just spouting my opinion here, which is worth no more than anyone else's opinion.
Dec 18, 2013 9:03 PM

Apr 2008
xchee said:
Hey who knows? Ship girls are pretty popular in Japan nowadays right? If they do make a second season for this, it'll probably in 2015. I'm sure the producers won't want to release this or its BDs while KanColle is airing or the its volumes still selling.
On that. It could just turn into the "opening dish" for KanColle. After all, the later is currently a bigger name and will probably drown this in the next season.
There's lots of consumers with short attention span these days.

Takuan_Soho said:
Sales Numbers are not a good indication of what gets a sequel, shows with 3K in sales can get one, shows with 15K may not. A lot has to do with ties ins, but more has to do with how strong the production team behind the show is, and unfortunately the production committee for this show has too many players in it, this greatly reduces the change of a sequel being made.
*sigh*
Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon III
*crossing fingers*
Dec 19, 2013 6:11 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Fireworks in this penultimate episode.
Narrative full of drama, but for my taste, it was gone too fast in closing parenthesis of the sisters.
The plot is fast-running seems to point us much more than it actually can give us one episode! ^ ^ "
Whether it's a prelude to a second season? * _ *
I'm so sorry for I400 and I402! When a villain is not a real bad in the end always sorry for it to end! T_T
Kougo is really pissed off, if built his own personal super cannon? WOW!
I am very excited! : D
terrablu2003Dec 19, 2013 6:18 AM
Dec 21, 2013 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
The battle between the 402 and 400 with 401 was very disappointing.
I expected more of them, they did not prepare any strategy or defense, they just kept shooting. The death of them was sad, I thought they were going to get more into anime.
Dec 21, 2013 9:20 AM

Oct 2009
IMO this was rather weak, while it had its moments it did feel very filler-ish. Feels like their rushing through this even with anime original content.
Dec 21, 2013 12:34 PM
Oct 2012
AkanthaNero said:
The battle between the 402 and 400 with 401 was very disappointing.
I expected more of them, they did not prepare any strategy or defense, they just kept shooting. The death of them was sad, I thought they were going to get more into anime.

Their battle was perfect, it was exactly as it should have been. In the very first episode Kongou explained that Fog won only because they had superior weapons, but that given equal firepower the humans would have defeated them. This was why the Fog created Mental Modes and installed emotions into them: to learn how to develop tactics. 400 and 402, in isolating themselves from any human "contamination", had not developed any tactics. They fought the way the Fog fought, relying on their superior weapons. Against human fleets this would have been still been effective, but they were not fighting a human fleet, they were not even fighting a Fog fleet, they were, for the first time, fighting an enemy that not only had superior tactics, but superior weapons.

Their quick and total defeat was inevitable, they were not capable of anything else. They were (for the most part, 402 had one moment of humanity) unthinking weapons until the end, and that was how they died. That is in large part why their deaths were so sad.

(Following Takao to Iwo To and then surprising 401 was not tactics, it was were merely a logical conclusions- they knew Takao would find Gunzou (and thus Iona)).
Dec 21, 2013 6:55 PM

Feb 2013
I would have called BS on this show if they had killed of Takao while nobody else ever dies... I'm glad that didn't happen :) ... she seriously couldn't keep enough nanomaterial to maintain her mental model? really?...

Nice battle against the submarine twins. That Kongo+Maya merge = blimp?... should be interesting next episode. I expect lots of lasers.
Dec 22, 2013 6:18 AM

Jun 2013
Yatta!!! Yeah!!!! She Is Alive, She Is Alive!!! TA-KA-O! TA-KA-O!! TA-KA-O!!! And Feeling well I See, even if She does not have Physical Body. X)

o.O..O.o...O.O....HOLY FUCK!!?! K-K-K-KK-KONGOU DIID WHAAT!? Okay..Ladies and Gentleman..Please Rise To Welcome Super Battleship KONGOU!!! Can't wait to see if Maya will be same as Takao is Currently in Iona, in Kongous System...I hope so...I want see Funny Living Maya Again...not the Glitch...

So..this will be goodbye between Iona and her Sisters...Sayonara 400, 402, You are one my favorites in Manga.
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 26, 2013 1:46 AM

Jun 2011
Holy crap, Gunzou so OP! Kongou turned yandere, probably became one with her.

My only problem is 400, 401, and 402 showed too much emotion, for a reason I don't know. Sad to the point of crying? Really? 400 and 402 seems like they were set up as characters who were without emotions but develop one all of the sudden, out of nowhere. Otherwise pretty great episode. P.S. Can the dude stop shouting already every freakin time something happens?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 9, 2014 3:09 AM

Oct 2012
Lol, I just love how everyone treated Takao like she's already dead
Aw, R.I.P. 400 & 402

I don't know how they'll wrap this last battle...
Obviously after last ep the stories still continued... On manga
"Signature removed"
Jan 9, 2014 8:53 AM

Nov 2010
400 & 402 gone permanently?
I'm glad Takao is back, she needs her mental mode back!
Apr 5, 2014 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
She is alive.Not with a body but she is alive! Takao is alive :D She might don't have a body but still she is alive and maybe she can be repaired :)
400 & 402 are destroyed but i only feel bad for Iona,because she said them to don't fight...
Kongou is back with even more power and she have a plane now? WOW xD
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Apr 7, 2014 10:43 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode I really wonder what the last episode will bring us!
Apr 12, 2014 11:31 AM
May 2012
I told ya, Takao will be back, though she doesn't have that hot body of hers now, but she'll get that back :3
Iona was crying :O I didn't expect that.
402 was developing some emotions but she died :/ 400 is a hard one, she did reach out her hand though.
Too bad they died, it would be cool if they joined the Harem fleet.
Kongou now has a more pimped ship, it looks scary and powerful.
It's a motherfucking carnival at the end!!!
Jun 9, 2014 8:19 AM
Jul 2018

One of the best scenes in the show.
Sep 28, 2014 12:12 AM

Jul 2008
Of course Takao survived that, no body but the soul remains. Even in the end the sisters did not choose to fully realize and Kongo has gone psycho and turned into a....space station?! This is going to be bad...
Nov 14, 2014 8:23 PM

Feb 2013
The battle with the sub sisters isn't as intense as the others because, well, we already knew they would lose. Instead, they made it more of a tragedy with Iona losing her sisters, and 400 and 402 losing each other. They are also the first ships with mental models to actually get destroyed.

And yea... that gravity cannon sweep at the start... awesome!
Dec 9, 2014 6:32 PM

Feb 2013
Takao lives! Yeah! She's still a tsundere though. lol Nothing wrong with that. I guess that the end of those twin ships. And Kongou is back! And she created the Death Star!? lol

Good episode.
Sep 20, 2018 3:16 PM

Mar 2016
The name of this new ship is 'Ars Nova' huh... It not only looks cooler but the power difference can be seen. The supergravity cannon it has pretty much just wiped off some Nagara class ships like the scrubs it is.

I miss the OP, and now it's back yay!

Wait wait wait! Takao's software is still intact HER CORE IS NOT DESTORYED?! Aw hell yeah, this possibility never crossed through my mind because the last episode is literally trying to make the audience believe into thinking that Takao died for real. I'm glad she's still around though!

What monstrosity is this, instead of a hybrid kind of ship, Kongou and Maya created this huge spherical thing?

Iona destroying her sisters and keeping all that pain to herself, only staying sane because of reassuring that she's Gonzou's ship. Gonzou, man take notice, please.

Talk about shitty timing. After just destroying her sisters and experiencing painful sorrow, Iona has to fight off a bunch of American-ships based Fog ships AND fight off the monster hybrid of Kongou and Maya. A Fog USS Iowa will give them some bad time for sure.
Aug 30, 2019 10:41 AM

Apr 2012
Looks like the only option to take down Kongou/Maya fusion is to use the weapon they were supposed to deliver. Makie is still alive so she can still make a replacement.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Feb 25, 2020 2:55 AM

Jul 2016
Flaecy said:
definitely in need of a second season

Hmmm... not so sure about that one.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2013

127 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 23, 2023 4:23 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

109 by Ilfracombe »»
Apr 15, 2023 5:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

196 by Gendolfas »»
Feb 14, 2023 12:49 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 14, 2013

153 by TechOtaku »»
Nov 23, 2022 1:06 PM

Poll: » Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Elite60 - Oct 7, 2013

242 by Ashhk »»
Aug 27, 2020 6:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.