Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Dec 16, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was a fun little sleepover with the snow outside tbh. :3

Well not entirely fun I guess but the snowy weather sure felt refreshing. Beautiful/5. Hotaru is adorable. Lol was that a snow angel? Looks awkward. Ending made me hungry.
Dec 16, 2013 9:38 AM

Oct 2012
Wow ! Hotaru got to share a futon with Koma-chan !
h t t p://satake.bglb.jp:81/cap/131217-0216410146-1440x810.jpg
I think that the above URL for the photo won't work as an offsite link. So just cut
and paste it into an open browser with h t t p changed to http. It is really worth
seeing the expression on Hotaru's sleeping face. But sempai seems to be oblivious.
You decide for yourself whether or not this is the most Yuri moment in the series
thus far. On the other hand, perhaps they are just cold and sleepy. However, they
started with two futons and a sleeping bag. Each futon can hold two people. Five
people had to sleep there. So . . . what is the probability that Hotaru would just
randomly end up sleeping next to her "sempai"? You do the math!
okanaganDec 16, 2013 9:52 AM
Dec 16, 2013 1:00 PM

Dec 2011
So NOW they have snow fall. Heavy snow fall. With them stuck in school eating ramen. Or Ren-chon is, anyway.

Kazuho just wants to go to sleep.

And Hotaru wants to sleep as well - with Komari.

Love how Komari's ahoge twitch.

Arm wrestle to determine who gets to sleep with Komari. Natsumi vs Hotaru. And, after Natsumi getting bigged up as really strong, Hotaru wins instantaneously. It must be the strength of Hotaru's desire.

Hmm the kettle is steaming on the radiator behind Natsumi. Could that be Suguru's work?

And Ren-chon's twitch as well. Nanon.

Got bored of commenting for a bit after that. Watching it raw means I miss a lot of stuff anyway. Stupid 70 kb/s internet connection stopping me being able to stream it. And doubly annoying when people keep walking into the room and talking to me in English...

Lol they put Kazuho in the wrong way around. And then solved the problem by all getting in together. Much better.
3 "oyasumi nasai" and 1 "oyasumi nasai nanon". You legend, Renge.

Hotaru wakes up in the night. It's stopped snowing but all the settled snow has built up, and makes Hotaru excited. But it also makes the room cold.

Set the picture of Hotaru under the stars as my new desktop background. It's beautiful. I don't think I've ever seen that many stars in the sky either. Even when at my grandparents' house.

Natsumi claims she's calling out to aliens though. It's meant as a joke but Komari believes her. So innocent. Turns out that the two of them are the real alien, though.

Flying Ren-chon! That'll wake Kazuho up.

No school, so time to sleep play in the snow! Going skiing. Ski suki?

And the candy store gains another function. Or two. Or five.

Suguru pro skiier. Natsumi giving lessons to the others.

Komari gets scared and panics. Hotaru rushes after her, doing everything wrong in the process, in order to rescue her, not that she needs rescuing. But Komari is too caught up in the moment to remember that... Hotaru promptly starts dragging Komari, who has lost her poles, down the slope. By her jacket. Backwards.
Wrong idea to put your faith in her...

And it turns out Natsumi didn't know what she was on about either and begs Kaede to teach her. Kaede gives her lesson the hard way - booting Natsumi down the slope.

Hotaru getting way too hyper.

Wow they built an igloo. With a mini snowman inside.

And cooked a meal inside.

Going to have to rewatch this episode but no idea when I'll be able to.
kuuderes_shadowDec 16, 2013 1:32 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 16, 2013 1:40 PM

Sep 2008
Oh... after watching this series...
I wish I could live in the countryside
and do such things like they do *.*
Dec 16, 2013 1:43 PM

Dec 2011
SD anime watching! Still freezing occasionally but let's see if we can get through it. Update at the end: we can! Excellent. That means I'll be able to watch other stuff as well. If I don't mind the individual pixels being clearly visible on the screen, that is.

Hmm so the school was kitted out to deal with snowstorms? Sounds sensible, if there's a risk of them being caught up like that.

Noone wants to sleep in the sleeping bag.
Lol "fight over the futons" and then gets into one by herself.

Komari's shortness actually gives her an advantage for once.

That's Hotaru's first attempt an arm wrestle? Super strong. Although like I said before it's more likely just down to Hotaru's desperation to sleep with Komari.

So THAT's what the American Pelican thing came from. Completely confused me watching through raw.

Asking Renge for an example of impersonation. Was that really the best idea? Couldn't catch what she said last time I watched it, but that is... why is it tilting?

Hmm didn't say anything on the impersonations before because I couldn't work out what Natsumi was. After watching with subs I still don't know.

Hotaru wins twice and Natsumi demands the futon?

Take off the skis and you won't fall over while skiing! Brilliant, Natsumi.

And the seasons comes around again to complete the year for the final episode of this wonderful, wonderful series. Nanon.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 16, 2013 2:18 PM

Oct 2013
I was wondering "where the hell is Onii-chan"
Turn out he's sleeping with skeleton
Really crack me up
haha
"Burn the heretics"
Dec 16, 2013 2:25 PM

Apr 2012
Ah my Monday evening is complete...What? the last one is next week!? Nooooooooooo!!!!
Dec 16, 2013 2:26 PM

May 2013
Excellent episode, loved the interaction with all the characters.

I expected Hotaru to do an impersonation of her beloved senpai, but her Renge impersonation is good enough I guess.

Kazuho is sure a heavy sleeper, it's somewhat slightly surprising how the students managed to get her into the sleeping bag without waking her up...despite it being upside down.

Only one more episode to go.
Dec 16, 2013 2:30 PM

May 2012
Oh my gosh!
SNOW
And tons and tons of Hotarun and Komari!!
I really couldn't ask for a better episode~
Easily my favorite of the season!

Only one episode left T_T
It looks really good though!! I guess this is a case of saving the best for last?
Dec 16, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2013
A sleepover at the school. Renge's sister sure loves to sleep. Komari face asking for help while skiing down was funny. Man there is only one episode left.
Dec 16, 2013 3:07 PM
Jul 2013
The futon scene xD
SPARTA! (Dat reference)

The background scenery is freaking amazing as always.
Dec 16, 2013 3:09 PM

May 2013
ASJDKHSKF Ren-chon holding chop sticks <3
That was just too much >.<
Dec 16, 2013 3:11 PM

Mar 2009
Another warm and refreshing episode. The skiing part is quite funny ^^

My favourite part for this episode:
http://i.imgur.com/0prb6nQ.jpg
Dec 16, 2013 3:25 PM
Aug 2013
Sp-Sp-Sp-Spar... My sides. Help, can't breathe.

*Edit: I can breathe again, woo.
Good episode, background art was once again stunning, and they somehow even managed to make a winter theme look bright and lively. One of my favorite episodes so far... Although of course there's only one episode left... Such a shame :c
UnknownUser-Dec 16, 2013 3:34 PM
Dec 16, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
A nice episode featuring all the main characters. It was quite appropriate since yesterday we had almost a foot of snow/ 30cm fall here.

This ended up being a Hotarun and Natsumi episode. They seemed to get most of the best lines. I really liked Hotarun's adventure outside at night enjoying the snow and gazing up at the stars. Natsumi's antics in the school were funny and it was classic when she reveals she has never skied, but had just picked up the instructions somewhere or other.

Those girls made one heck of an igloo!
Dec 16, 2013 4:30 PM

Dec 2009
Winteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Dec 16, 2013 4:58 PM

Jan 2011
haha, the alien! ^^ and when you didnt expect it, nii-san appears and you have to smile. xD Hotaru so adorable and the snow scenes at night remind me on some nights at my home in the countryside (snow, i am alone, nightsky with stars, its cold and dark). also the going to sleep scene. right now its cold, no heating and the only warm place is my bed that looks like a futon at a little higher position and around me there are nearly the same colors like they have in their room. i felt like lying next to them. *lol ^^
Dec 16, 2013 4:59 PM

Jan 2013
only one more episode :(
Please check my music out on SoundCloud! There's something for everyone.

Dec 16, 2013 5:34 PM

May 2013
Such a chilax episode, Renge is way too funny
Next one last episode =(
Dec 16, 2013 5:59 PM
Mar 2012
Another enjoyable episode. Going to be sad when it ends next week
Dec 16, 2013 6:44 PM

Feb 2012
Lol never thought I'd see a 300 reference in an anime.

Bit bummed next ep is the last :(
Dec 16, 2013 6:52 PM

Nov 2012
Lol @ Natsumi rolling on the floor.

Putting Kazuho in the sleeping bag *Clap,clap,clap genius.*

Snow,ohh Hotaru is so adorable<3.

Calling aliens XD.

Gotta love Ren-chon
http://imgur.com/CyphtRy

Felt like crying once this episode ended,next week is going to be so sad cause itt's the last episode ;___;
Dec 16, 2013 7:29 PM

May 2013
TBT I expected to see Hotarun sleeping while hugging Komari :/ (I mean, it was supposedly very cold and that school must be full of holes).

It was nice to see Hotarun monstrous strength, the only question is whether it is natural or lust induced :3

I suspected oniichan had stayed home for some reason, but then we saw him sleeping in a normal bed with the (plastic?) skeleton, it has been established that by default he gets the short end of the stick always.

Time sure goes by fast, if I am not mistaken by next episode Hotarun would have spent already a whole year in the village, I expect to see them realize she has grown even more (while Komari has stayed the same size in all her three dimensions).

BTW, has anybody noticed that besides oniichan there has been no other human male? I am not complaining, but maybe it is the village of yuri couples! what do you mean by "you forgot to remove your goggles?" ^^;
mangamuscleDec 16, 2013 8:29 PM
Dec 16, 2013 9:10 PM
Apr 2012
Uno mas. D,:
Dec 16, 2013 10:28 PM

Sep 2013
Ren-chon's reaction to the snow alien was awesome :3

We didn't get to see Renge sled :( other than that excellent episode! To bad only one episode left :{
Dec 16, 2013 11:13 PM

Aug 2013
Hotarun's monster strength, kind of saw that coming. Ren-chon's pyramid impersonation left me with "wait what?" reaction haha.

Looks like Suguru was the only one who got to sleep properly on a bed (with a skeleton?!).

Natsumi thought Hotarun was calling aliens. Well if I saw someone doing something like that in the middle of the night, I'd be creeped out.

Candy Store does everything, even renting out futons lol.

Did Ren-chon really say "her boat's made of mud?" She's really smart XD

I don't want this to end :( When the final episode airs next week, I'm going to suffer from NNB withdrawal for sure. Second season announcement for Christmas please <3
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 16, 2013 11:26 PM

Dec 2011
mangamuscle said:

BTW, has anybody noticed that besides oniichan there has been no other human male?

Not quite true. There was a farmer who walked across the path pulling the cow in episode 1.

Aggron said:

We didn't get to see Renge sled :( other than that excellent episode! To bad only one episode left :{

Yeah, one moment she was at the top, next she'd vanished and reappeared later at the bottom.

We didn't see Kazuho go down either. Or Kaede for that matter.
kuuderes_shadowDec 16, 2013 11:29 PM
Dec 17, 2013 12:48 AM
Oct 2012
This is Sparta!

I died XD
Dec 17, 2013 1:15 AM

Nov 2012
Haha sparta joke made my day, never thought I'd see that reference in a random SOL like this. Epic XD Going to be sad when this is done, great mood lifter.

Dec 17, 2013 2:31 AM

Nov 2010
Oh my god .. this anime is killing me.
watched the episode 3 times now. can't get enough of it.
i really really hope there's a second season ...
Dec 17, 2013 4:01 AM

May 2010
Hotaru's superhuman strength, hahaha. Poor sensei, I just saw it coming

That alien, hahaha. Poor nii-chan. Oh my God, that snow; I want to eat it, it's so beautifulll

That ski scene, hahaha, Poor Komari. Hahaha, Natsumi you so trolled them. "Sparta" xD

Next week is last episode, huh... I don't want it to end at all, it's my fav anime of this season- no this year! So relaxinnggg
Dec 17, 2013 5:28 AM
Jul 2013
The funniest episode so far.
Dec 17, 2013 7:25 AM

Nov 2012
ren-chon's disappointed face at hotaruns imitation killed me.

last episode next week :( nooooooo
Dec 17, 2013 8:03 AM

Apr 2010
The moment they but the teacher upside down in the sleeping back i could not stop laughing it looked so funny.
Natsumi's arm wrestling wasn't very successful either seeing how she was in pain for a moment, that she would lose was expected tho.
The skiing part was also nice, Natsumi and her big mouth.
Dec 17, 2013 9:33 AM

Nov 2010
Hotaru is back with her love for Komari after 2 episodes
It was nice with the snow and sleepover at school
Not as good as usual though

Finale coming up...
Dec 17, 2013 10:17 AM

Dec 2011
Aversa said:
The moment they but the teacher upside down in the sleeping back i could not stop laughing it looked so funny.

I hope she managed to get out okay. I doubt she could have got out by herself.

Then again with her attitude to life she probably wouldn't even try.
Dec 17, 2013 10:21 AM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
mangamuscle said:

BTW, has anybody noticed that besides oniichan there has been no other human male?

Not quite true. There was a farmer who walked across the path pulling the cow in episode 1.

He must have been from a nearby village and came because he sold/bought a local cow, I know because an uncle had cows and you do not get only one cow at a time to pasture >_< and the only farm I have seen with only one cow was in "Remi, nobody' boy" ;_;

p.s. Poor delinquent-san, so desperate as to make a personal infomercial for Hotarun lol
Dec 17, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2012
My grandfather was a farmer and he only owned one cow. So, it is possible.
Dec 17, 2013 2:52 PM

Jan 2013
So sad that this anime is ending. It was my escape from the harsh reality of Real Life.
I freaking lost it when everyone was trying to figure out who sleeps in the futons and sleeping bag, then Sister-Sensei claims one futon for herself and instantly falls asleep. Eventually they gave up fighting, and placed Sister-Sensei in reverse position in the sleeping bag while she was fast asleep.
Dec 17, 2013 6:18 PM

Oct 2012
Wow Kazuho gets to sleep fast
Dec 17, 2013 8:36 PM

Dec 2008
Despite the lack of Komari + Hotarun cuddling, this episode was so heart-warming and good, it pains me even more to know that next week is the last episode.

Definitely no Kiniro Mosaic, but this is definitely one of the better Moe Slice-of-Lifes I've come across in recent memory. I'm going to miss this series. It made my Mondays so much better knowing I had this and Ars Nova to come home to wind-down to every week.
Will I fall in love someday? I wonder?

Dec 18, 2013 6:00 AM

Apr 2013
SUPARUTAAAAA
Dec 18, 2013 12:27 PM

May 2012
HitoriTomoyo said:
Despite the lack of Komari + Hotarun cuddling, this episode was so heart-warming and good, it pains me even more to know that next week is the last episode.

Definitely no Kiniro Mosaic, but this is definitely one of the better Moe Slice-of-Lifes I've come across in recent memory. I'm going to miss this series. It made my Mondays so much better knowing I had this and Ars Nova to come home to wind-down to every week.

Yeah, it's definitely been really great!

But KinMoza still reigns supreme for 2013~
Dec 18, 2013 12:55 PM

Oct 2012
I won't express any opinion about whether Kiniro Mosaic is better than Non Non
Biyori. However, in terms of classifying its genre, Non Non Biyori can be said to
be Comedy, Iyashikei (i.e. healing), Slice-of-Life. Cute Girls Doing Cute Things
(CGDCT), Moe and some Yuri. It turns out that 2013 has been a fantastic year
for CGDCT. Here is my semi-complete list of CGDCT series over this past year:
okanaganDec 18, 2013 1:01 PM
Dec 18, 2013 2:49 PM

Jan 2013
Well, good episode as always.
Nice slice of life fun.
Dec 18, 2013 8:25 PM

Apr 2012
very nice episode, I don't like that it ends next week :(
Dec 19, 2013 4:16 AM
Mar 2013
Natsumi should have remembered how strong Hotaru was on the episode 5.
http://homepage2.nifty.com/htsuji/NonNonBiyori-05_snapshot_19.27-s.jpg
Hotaru was able to run holding Komari under her arm -- not arms.

htsujiDec 20, 2013 7:46 PM
Dec 19, 2013 6:02 AM

Dec 2011
^I'd forgotten about that too, admittedly...

I wonder how she came to be so strong
kuuderes_shadowDec 19, 2013 6:21 AM
Dec 19, 2013 7:44 AM

May 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
^I'd forgotten about that too, admittedly...

I wonder how she came to be so strong

IRL the only answer would be that her father is a foreigner (google paula suzuki to get an idea the difference genes make), sadly it probably will never be addressed :/

BTW, even if there is a second season, next chapter is probably oniichan's last appearence since at the speed the series is moving they will end with the graduation ceremony.
Dec 19, 2013 12:23 PM

Jan 2011
I totally expected the brother to do a sick backflip or something.
Also, who the fuck opens the windows when it's cold as shit? Logic where? ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2013

263 by Lowsttt14 »»
Mar 30, 10:52 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 28, 2013

234 by bassyey »»
Mar 2, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 9, 2013

192 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 12, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2013

261 by edudddu »»
Jan 11, 10:07 AM

Poll: » Non Non Biyori Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 18, 2013

157 by Shikkakku »»
Jan 11, 2:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.