Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Want a remake?
Dec 14, 2013 11:51 AM

Jan 2013
Hello,

So as all of you who have seen both the anime and read the manga u know elfen lied at some point take difrent paths in the anime/manga, however just like for example Full MetalAlchmist and Hellsing have a remake who follows the manga closer is there any change Elfen Lied ever get something like that? i know its a long shot seeing how long ago this was made but i wanne hear your options and reasons about it.
Dec 14, 2013 12:08 PM

Jun 2013
In my opinion the ending of Elfen Lied had a perfect ending and I have never seen anything like it. A remake is just not necessary.
Dec 14, 2013 12:45 PM

Jan 2013
Takkyon said:
In my opinion the ending of Elfen Lied had a perfect ending and I have never seen anything like it. A remake is just not necessary.
while yes i do agree quite a bit with you, i really think the ending of the Elfen Lied anime is great it was really emotional and all but we could have a alternative like explained above
Jan 21, 2014 12:06 PM

Mar 2012
definitely not
this anime was perfect including the ending
I just checked some episodes of manga but when I saw that the plot is a bit different I just stopped, this anime is a masterpiece and doesn't need anything to add or remake
Mankind’s greatest fear is Mankind itself.
Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

REAL LIFE Anime videos on my channel:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCof9ppdHcniLAS_pFoRkqfw
Jan 21, 2014 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
i love it and i want to see more the ending was amazing but i would like to see what happens if they were to remake it just as much.
anime with cute girls is my thing.
Feb 16, 2014 12:03 PM
Feb 2014
I would love this to happen. Although i loved the anime end, after reading the manga ending it is so incredible and alot better imo. Its perfect <3 so i would love to see this happen
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 16, 2014 12:57 PM
Sep 2013
The anime had a perfect ending. Ambiguity is a powerful tool when used correctly, and they fuckin nailed it.

I think this show just needs to be cleaned up and polished. Better visuals, voice acting, and removal of needless trashiness. Shit if I had the money to pay for it, I'd do it lol.
Feb 22, 2014 4:28 PM

Apr 2013
After reading the manga, I do want a remake. The thing about the manga, it didn't have the great music box motif that was one of the greatest parts of EL. The ending to the anime was perfect as well.

That being said, a canon remake would be great, especially since since the end of the manga does a great job of tying everything together,.
Feb 22, 2014 4:31 PM

Jun 2011
nah, ppl love the original, i don'tsee why this would need to happen any time soon. maybe one day but yeah not likely anytime soon...
Feb 22, 2014 4:37 PM

Sep 2011
Can there be an opposite of a remake and just delete the series completely?

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
Feb 27, 2014 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
Perfect ending to a perfect series? fuck no.
Would like to see a remake following the manga correctly this time. Would also prefer madhouse did it instead of arms.
I shit excellence.
Apr 3, 2014 3:35 PM

Dec 2013
joelislol said:
Would like to see a remake following the manga correctly this time. Would also prefer madhouse did it instead of arms.

Ikr, the ending was so goddamm dissapointing, i rahter know what happened than having a bullshit IMAGINE YOUR OWN ENDING crap. I like confirmed things, not shit i make up.
Apr 3, 2014 3:40 PM

Sep 2011
b00m666 said:
joelislol said:

Ikr, the ending was so goddamm dissapointing, i rahter know what happened than having a bullshit IMAGINE YOUR OWN ENDING crap. I like confirmed things, not shit i make up.
then read the manga which gives a definitive and straightforward ending

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Apr 5, 2014 4:27 PM

Jul 2010
*People saying the anime ending is perfect*

Um... I... huh? I don't... but... alright, I guess...

I have some serious issues with the Elfen Lied anime, and the ending was one of my biggest problems with it.

While I wasn't big on the manga either, a straight adaptation of the manga would be much better than the anime and I would be interested in seeing it, just as long as they cut out that bullshit epilogue.

Oh, and Nozomi, who managed to be even more useless than Mayu.
Apr 7, 2014 12:36 PM

Dec 2007
The ending? Perfect?
That famous sudden ending credits ending is perfect?

I loved Elfen Lied to death, but the ending wasn't anything good enough like in the manga. A remake is more than welcome.
Apr 16, 2014 8:05 AM

Feb 2014
If the remake also leaves out Nozomi, the incontinent version of Minmay, I would be all for it!
Apr 30, 2014 2:33 PM

Mar 2014
Only thing O.K in this show was Lucy. In my opinion , the ending was bad.
There were too much blood and too many nude scenes in my opinion too. It's annoying... :/
Oh , and did I mention characters are just... stupid ?
I think this anime needs a remake , because the story was good , and Lucy's character was really fine. Still deserves a 5/10 , but they could have done better.
May 2, 2014 6:43 AM

Nov 2013
Am I the only one who thinks that mangas ending was almost the same and even worse;
May 2, 2014 8:27 AM

Feb 2014
sadfacelv said:
Am I the only one who thinks that mangas ending was almost the same and even worse;

Sounds strange to say this, but
So the manga ending was BOTH better AND worse... but I didn't think it was "almost the same" in any way.
May 13, 2014 9:11 PM

Oct 2013
To all the people saying the Elfen Lied anime is great and doesn't need a remake that more closely follows the manga, I'd like to point out FMA. The 03 series was great, everybody loved it, but that didn't stop a remake that is more generally considered better.

I haven't read the manga yet, so I'm silent on the topic, but I definitely wouldn't be against it.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
May 13, 2014 11:18 PM
Oct 2013
I prefer the anime ending more to be honest.
May 14, 2014 5:02 AM

Apr 2014
I also consider the anime ending better, though maybe it is just because I'd wish Lucy to survive :D

If there is no remake, or season 2, I'd love to see some follow-up OVA as with Mirai Nikki.
May 14, 2014 5:21 AM

Jul 2013
chthonianghost said:
To all the people saying the Elfen Lied anime is great and doesn't need a remake that more closely follows the manga, I'd like to point out FMA. The 03 series was great, everybody loved it, but that didn't stop a remake that is more generally considered better.

I haven't read the manga yet, so I'm silent on the topic, but I definitely wouldn't be against it.
Go read it now. It's much more depressing than the anime. And there are extra characters that didn't appear in the show. The artstyle would be awful at first but trust me, it gets better.

But if you completed the anime and you want to continue where the anime left off, proceed to chapter 61.
Jul 14, 2014 8:47 PM
Apr 2014
As far as a remake of Elfen Lied goes, I'm game for one. When you get right down to it, the original series has WAY too many problems. The two biggest ones I can narrow it down to are:

1) Short length
- Yes, you can easily complete the show in a day. However, 13 episodes is NOT sufficient to tell a story like Elfen Lied's, especially considering all of the plot elements and such that were introduced but never really elaborated upon. That meant that the story effectively relied on plot conveniences and coincidences quite heavily AND that the ending would pretty much suck and will show up right when shit was starting to get good.

2) Both dubs are HORRIBLE
- While I can't comfortably speak and understand Japanese, I do have it on good authority from my Japanese/Korean friends who are fluent in the language that BOTH dubs are absolute shite. That didn't exactly do many favours for getting the story across, especially considering how short and rushed it actually turned out to be. The English VAs did such a piss poor job at acting their roles to the point where it's almost unwatchable, like Higurashi no Naku Koro ni's dub.

As far as how the remake should happen, I'm game for it going down in a manner similar to Hellsing Ultimate. 1-2 hours to adapt a volume, based on how long it is and this time, having a company like Madhouse or Production I.G in control, rather than the same studio that brought us such masterpieces like Ikkitousen, Queen's Blade 2, and Gokukoku no Brynhildr
-
Nov 13, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2014
olha2 said:
Hello,

So as all of you who have seen both the anime and read the manga u know elfen lied at some point take difrent paths in the anime/manga, however just like for example Full MetalAlchmist and Hellsing have a remake who follows the manga closer is there any change Elfen Lied ever get something like that? i know its a long shot seeing how long ago this was made but i wanne hear your options and reasons about it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4036718/?ref_=nv_sr_1

i found this while doing some searching, i really do hope it's real because if so that would be amazing
Nov 20, 2014 5:15 PM

Apr 2013
Zadion said:

Yeah, but fma 2003 was almost completely different from the manga. Elfen lied, however, just didn't adapt a bunch of chapters and was basically the same as the manga. A second season would be more fitting, but I consider the anime ending to be conclusive anyway.
Jan 18, 2015 10:52 PM

Nov 2014
no,they better not to remake it!!
enough shit already!!
Jan 19, 2015 11:52 AM

Jul 2014
I wouldn't want a remake since the series was truly amazing. However, I would really like a season 2/ending/movie or just something that could continue the story from the anime. Like when the
is just stating that the story has just begun.

As far as I know, it's a money problem, so if they had the money, they would probably do it. I wish they started some sort of Kickstarter campaign like the Clannad English visual novel who got almost four times the amount of the goal. This just shows that the fans are willing to pay for it. I would gladly support a project that would continue the story of Elfen Lied, and I'm pretty sure many others would too.

Damn I enjoyed that anime. Lucy may be my favourite anime character of all time...

Edit:
Found this petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/elfenliedseason2

Hopefully it'll get enough signatures.
DrudkhJan 19, 2015 2:54 PM
Jan 20, 2015 12:50 AM
Jan 2015
olha2 said:
Hello,

i dont really care for a remake, i just want the series to continue. I love the ending, dont get me wrong. It was super emotional and brought me to tears. But there are still un answered questions. Such as will the government release more weapons to get #7? Did Lucy/Nyu really survive? Who was at the door? And what will that director with the horns do now? I love this seriess i dont want a remake, i just want more :'(
Jan 21, 2015 7:28 AM
Sep 2012
Just signed for the hell of it

Jurge92 said:
I wouldn't want a remake since the series was truly amazing. However, I would really like a season 2/ending/movie or just something that could continue the story from the anime. Like when the
is just stating that the story has just begun.

As far as I know, it's a money problem, so if they had the money, they would probably do it. I wish they started some sort of Kickstarter campaign like the Clannad English visual novel who got almost four times the amount of the goal. This just shows that the fans are willing to pay for it. I would gladly support a project that would continue the story of Elfen Lied, and I'm pretty sure many others would too.

Damn I enjoyed that anime. Lucy may be my favourite anime character of all time...

Edit:
Found this petition:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/elfenliedseason2

Hopefully it'll get enough signatures.
Sep 18, 2015 10:26 PM

Jan 2015
Imagine a remake by Madhouse, they'd do a great job (like always)!
Oct 28, 2015 9:37 PM
Oct 2015
i want a new story in elfen lied
i dont like the previous story because khota like his cousin
i want a remake that khota will stay with lucy san forever
and nana san with his father(actually not her real father)
Oct 31, 2015 9:08 PM
Oct 2014
Wiziliz said:
Imagine a remake by Madhouse, they'd do a great job (like always)!

Lol.
Nov 10, 2015 8:26 PM

Sep 2013
Why not?
Alot of older series are getting remakes/reboots, maybe as more time passes it'll be considered.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Sandgolem - Aug 26, 2007

139 by ssangy »»
Apr 3, 12:36 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Chelle - Aug 21, 2007

199 by vikivill »»
Apr 1, 1:49 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Nov 30, 2007

105 by GarlicDead »»
Mar 31, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

then - Dec 4, 2007

429 by DigitalCoin »»
Mar 11, 3:41 PM

Poll: » Elfen Lied Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Dec 4, 2007

111 by HiljainenSipuli »»
Mar 11, 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.