Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
RomeoxJuliet
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 8, 2013 2:42 AM

Feb 2013
Well done. Really liked this series. The last episode was a nice way to end it although I wish they showed a little bit more of the aftermath but hey beggars can't be choosers. Also I was pushing for AntonioXRegan for the ending but darn they didn't show.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jul 8, 2013 5:18 AM

Jul 2013
i cried like a fool even if i've always well known how it was supposed to end ç_ç
Oct 26, 2013 7:51 AM

Jul 2013
I cannot believe I put myself through this self harm. What a load of bull. This has been one of the worst animes I have watched, on par with Amnesia. What a way to ruin one of the most beautiful stories of all time. I don't even know how the heck those dumbasses didn't realize that the island was floating, it's not even that big...
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
- Doflamingo
Nov 15, 2013 5:31 AM

Dec 2008
Why.Couldn't.They.Stay.Alive

I'm crying so hard now T^T
Nov 16, 2013 1:11 AM

Jan 2012
The ending was wonderful, everything fit to place, it wasn't rushed nor boring. No one really expected most of what just happened. I just couldn't accept that their both dead! The whole series from episode 1 gave us so many clues that they will live happily ever after, but I was mistaken. It just hurts me to see the two main just die in that one episode compare to seeing them ever time in the other 23 episodes. At least the city is at its safe and has finally landed on the ground. And every one lives peacefully. You could also say that Romeo and Juliet will always be together and happy without any more worries forever. Cheers you two, thank you for a great series, I overall enjoyed this very much! Q.Q
Dec 8, 2013 7:43 AM
Nov 2011
Is it just me..... or i seems like they died for nothing..... since the land just ended up to be landing on another part of the land.... so basically they wouldn't have been destroyed even if Juliet didn't die..... or have i totally missed the point??

But i guess as it didn't end with a normal 'happy ending' where they are alive and have kids etc etc so its better..... I like the fact that Francisco took their place to rule the place.....

Fav character: Tybolt!!! the cool one >_<

overall good i guess ^_^
Dec 9, 2013 1:24 AM

May 2013
At first I thought this anime was gonna be crap but in the end it was pretty damn great only a few things I disliked but over was great way better than I expected
Dec 31, 2013 2:52 AM

Jan 2013
I cry everytime T_T

However, the ending wasn't really surprising since i have seen the movie.... Overall, a solid adaption.
Feb 7, 2014 7:33 PM

May 2012
Pretty damn epic ending I must say, totally different though from what I was expecting as I though the ending would be more true to the original story being their deaths by drinking poison but I do have to say this ending is way more impressive and satisfactory than the original story ever could bring us!

All by all this adaptation of Romeo and Juliet in anime form is rather nice, I quite liked the overall development of both story and characters but the episode pacing might have been better if it would've been sped up a bit more.

Other than that I really enjoyed marathoning this anime! 8/10
Mar 27, 2014 2:06 AM

Oct 2011
This is a nice adaptation, glad I picked this up. 8/10
Apr 5, 2014 10:14 PM
Oct 2013
That...was not where I thought this was going
May 1, 2014 11:22 AM

Mar 2012
That was lame. How unfortunate, was enjoying it in the beginning but started going downhill for me around the time Romeo and Juliet escaped together.
May 3, 2014 6:44 AM

Oct 2013
Summary:

"Romeo?"

"Julieto?"

"Romeooo!!"

"JULIETOOOOO!!"

"Romeoo~"

"Romeoo~~"

"Julieto~~"

"Julieto."

"Romeo."

"Jelietoo!?"

"Jelietoo!?"

"Jelietoo!?"

"Romeo."

"Julietooooooooo!!"

"Julieto!!"

Romeo is kill
no.
Yes.
"ROMEOOO!"

Side character all together:
"Julietooooooooo!"

The End

Still can't believe how I could finish this shitty series
"Burn the heretics"
Jun 20, 2014 4:14 AM

Dec 2011
Awesome...love how they add fantasy in it and overall that was an amazing adaptation of Romeo and Juliet.
Jun 24, 2014 12:02 PM

Dec 2013
better ending then i thought. it took me 3 days to watch this.
Jun 28, 2014 10:01 PM

May 2014
I was a little disappionted at the ending. I was expeccting the two of them to die, (Because everyone does, DUH.) but their deaths REALLY weren't the last resort. There were several things to do to avoid Escalus' death. If Neo Verona was a floating island why didn't everyone just jump on a dragonsteed and fly to the land below? Why did Juliet have to be sacrificed? If Escalus demanded Capulet blood why didn't they just throw Tybolt at it? (By the way, was I the only one who wasn't fond of them making him Romeo's half brother? What was the point of that plot twist?!)
Either way, I enjoyed this anime, even if I was disapointed that Juliet got most of the spotlight instead of both she and Romeo... going on my top 10 list!
Sep 18, 2014 1:40 AM

May 2014
I cryed
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 10, 2014 9:07 PM

Jun 2013
Oh wow. What a terrible ending. They really should have stuck to Shakespeare's ending. I mean, I'm glad they both died, but how fucking ridiculous. Would have been 7/10 or 8/10, but this brings it down to 6/10.
Dec 14, 2014 6:02 PM

Jan 2013
The tree plot was retarded. Completely retarded. I'd rather they stick with Romeo x Juliet committing suicide because of the warring feud between the Montagues and Capulets, not because of some "We gotta save the world shit". And even with how out of place the plot for the tree was, the little oracle's acting was out of character. There was no explanation as to why she had to act evil other than for just being evil "cuz". I said I'd give this an 8/10 if they committed suicide, but they didn't actually commit suicide either. Shakespeare would be rolling in his grave if he saw this shit. If the anime cut out the tree plot this could have been shorter and a whole lot better.

6/10 for having a unique first half but completely farting on my hopes and dreams of an anime actually doing a good Shakespeare adaptation. Oh and for having a shitty second half.
Feb 19, 2015 7:21 PM

Mar 2012
Basically what the person above me wrote, this is hardly a tribute or even really another take on Romeo and Juliet, i didn't expect a copy, in fact i actually enjoyed the entire story up through maybe episode 16 or so despite the major differences, when the tree became more of the focus, it just to me went downhill...it wasn't a tragedy at all, completely changed the meaning of the play by switching it to a "saving the world" thing, just didn't sit right at all.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Mar 1, 2015 3:41 PM

Apr 2014
well....it was okay. overall it was a 7.5/10 for me. the best things for me that came out of this series was Tybalt (thank god they didn't follow the original story for him....) and the first ending song.

I was hoping Romeo would confront Tybalt about that one time he was hugging Juliet but I guess it wasn't important (although they made it dramatic when it did happen and Romeo seemed shocked... he forgot or something??)

it was worth a watch, but it could have been better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 22, 2015 6:17 AM

Nov 2014
3rd time rewatching. A great end, really sad.
Aug 22, 2015 7:03 AM
Aug 2015
i also liked this anime alot; i cried for like the first time at something thats not real. the petruchio's siblings on the dragon steed aww so cute. TYBALT AND CURIO ARE HOT OK BYE IM SAD I DIDNT WANT JULIET AND ROMEO TO DIE I WANTED THEM TO BE TOGETHER AND RULE OVER NEO VERONA TOGETHER AND HAVE CHILDREN AND BE HAPPY OMG WHY
Aug 25, 2015 8:23 AM

Aug 2008
So for people who didn't understand the ending, from what I got.
Neo Verona is a floating island. That tree was holding it up so it doesn't fall. People of the Capulet family have been offered to the tree so that it holds up the floating island.
I find it funny how the show doesnt reveal that the place is a floating island which is good. Lucky I didnt read the synopsis of this anime lol. Since its a big spoiler.
Juliet gets absorbed by the tree, romeo kills the fairy that protects and makes sure the tree is alive. Juliet grows wings with the power of the tree and makes the island decent to the sea graceful meaning the floating island doesnt break and everyone dies.
At the end we see romeo and juliet alive in front of the tree. Not sure if they are still alive somehow maybe because of the power of the tree. Such a lovely couple. So many twists though at the end.

I never really liked Shakespeare but this was a pretty good adaptation.
Mar 4, 2016 10:53 PM

Mar 2015
Nice series overall that was 10x better than the original play. The Escalus tree ending I didn't like because we only find out Juliet is a sacrifice quite late in the play without much explanation. Otherwise a very lovely love story.
“Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth. But the world isn't perfect, and the law is incomplete..." -Alphonse Elric

"Then and now, what I protect has never changed!" -Sakata Gintoki

I'll take anything like The Pet Girl of Sakurasou. Anything as good as that.
Jun 4, 2016 4:56 PM

Apr 2012
:(

(side note: why didn't anyone realize that they were flying? I'm sure people would have fallen off...)

This was a really bad adaptation of Romeo and Juliet. Most of the characters were hopelessly naive (and dumb). The anime took itself way too seriously. I was not impressed

I think part of what happened was that they were trying really to make an interesting and unique setting with lots of extra conflict not in the original (partly too make it longer probably) but that really took them away from what romeo and juliet is all about.

Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet is about two dumb kids being reckless and ruining everyone's lives, leading to their premature and unnecessary demises. Romeo x Juliet took their love wayyyyyy too seriously. So everyone comes off as being naive and dumb.

Also I wasn't sure whether or not to take their relationship seriously. In Shakespeare's you clearly aren't but in this one it's supposed to be super genuine yadda yadda ??? ughh

The character designs were really ugly to me lmao. Noses were too long haha. Romeo was super annoying. I had to force myself to continue (strict no drop policy). I just did not enjoy this

sorry for not articulating my ideas super well. I just finished watching and need to be angry for a bit >:((

I love the play Romeo and Juliet. This just made me unhappy.

5 or 6 ish / 10
Aug 23, 2016 5:19 AM

Dec 2012
Ah, yep. Damn, I've even seen this before and knew they would die. But it still hurt like hell to watch. Romeo died protecting Juliet and Juliet sacrificed herself to save the world where she met Romeo. The world that both of them cherished so much, but that meant nothing without each other. I really liked the epilogue despite being brief. It had those subtle moments that show what Romeo and Juliet have left behind. The children playing while dressed as the Red Whirlwind, Cielo flying over his own family with Tybalt and Petruchio's siblings. The wind that blew gracefully throughout each scene. And my favorite - the iris and rose arrangement at Curio's shop in the market. A symbol of the undying union between Romeo and Juliet.

Putting it plainly, I much prefer this version over the original story. The anime manages to combine tragedy with hope, creating a very bittersweet yet fulfilling finale. As opposed to the morbid ruin that is wrought in the play, love conquers all. It brought inner peace and resolve to the star crossed lovers. For Romeo, it was his conviction to abandon his title and status to work hard and live for the one he loved. For Juliet, it was inner peace that allowed her to abandon hatred and hesitation because she knew her promise to Romeo would give her strength and courage. In the words of Willy, "Strife, hatred, sorrow, pain. Something that can bring all of those things to an end. That is love."

When I first saw this in August 2010, I was strangely inspired but couldn't put my finger on the direction it was taking me. Now, six years later, I can see a more clear vision of what it is I took away from this. After seeing Romeo work hard and persevere, it made me want to take action in my own life. What got me the most, however, was how Juliet was transformed by her love. Particularly when she told Tybalt that she loved Romeo so much, she could no longer feel hatred. I somewhat relate to Montague in the sense that I too have been afraid of love. But now I think about how wonderful it must feel to let go of everything negative to live for someone. It makes me want to find it.

Raising my score from an 8/10 to a 9/10. Well deserved, I can't even listen to the OP without tearing up anymore.

(Happy 10,000th post)

Edit: Had to come back & watch this again two years later. 10/10 and an easy favorite.
ZekkenshinAug 16, 2018 6:10 PM
Jan 14, 2017 7:46 AM

Jul 2014
This anime ended BEAUTIFULLY. It was so damn sad and I shouldn't have bothered hoping it could/would end on a happier note (I mean this show is based on a tragedy after all.. ugh) but because it didn't, the entire show wrapped up even better. If it didn't end in a tragedy, it would've also taken a big chunk of what made Romeo and Juliet's original story so heart-wrenchingly great anyway.

If not Romeo and Juliet, I'm at least glad the rest of the surviving characters are living happily now. Tybalt, as always is awesome. He and Francisco are my favorite characters in this anime. (Plus points in that they looked even hotter after everything was over, Tybalt in light clothes and Francisco in a ponytail made my heart melt~ eep!). And I'm so glad we got to see Cielo again as well. I was expecting him to make some kind of grand return earlier on to be honest. lol

That said I also have to express my exasperation with regarding Romeo and Juliet's deaths. Don't get me wrong, I still think the end and the manner of their deaths was done beautifully but I also can't let go of the WTF?!! thoughts I had as I watched it.

Romeo fought off Ophelia and died because he didn't want Juliet to sacrifice herself to save Neo Verona and died in the process... after which Juliet sacrifices herself anyway because she can't live without Romeo and also to save Neo Verona at the same time. So it made Romeo's efforts pointless which is kinda sad. Really the only reason why I'm somehow "fine" with what happened was because I'm convincing myself that Romeo killing Ophelia before Juliet sacrificed herself made a big difference to Juliet's future than having her sacrifice herself while forced by Ophelia, that maybe she'll be living not in eternal pain as Escalus' replacement now with Ophelia gone.

That's just my optimistic thinking though. All in all I still enjoyed this anime (despite the frustrating parts where I wanted to slap more than one character for being so pathetic at some point. lol) and I'm glad I watched it!
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 20, 2017 10:25 AM
Dec 2014
What i didn't get is why does romeo even fought ophelia and died, in the end the exact thing happend what ophelia wanted.
It would have been a better ending if both romeo and juliet turned into two new sacred trees.
rakin043May 29, 2019 8:49 PM
May 10, 2017 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
I thought it was a really great ending!

I felt bad for Romeo, especially since you couldn't really tell how Ophelia had managed to stab him with her branch which ultimately led to his death.

It was beautiful what said to Juliet as his dying words about being glad to have known love thanks to her! Awww, bless! ;_________________; so touching! :3

It was so sad he died, then Juliet decided to save Neo Verona to be with him forever by becoming one with Escalus.

The wings of the Goddess which she used to bring Neo Verona literally back down the Earth, was a nice touch which I didn't expect, so the rest of the world really did still exist below them but the tree had taken them soaring up in to the skies for some reason, which I guess we'll never know.

It's sweet that they ended their lives together like that, it wasn't what I expected when I started the series but it was a beautiful ending to it.

I was happy for how all the other characters ended up as well. They seemed to have happy endings.

And Francisco had his pony tail band higher up at the end, he ended on a high note lol. He was so cute and Tybalt in the end with the kids :3

I also kinda wished they had made it a happy ending instead for a change, but I guess Romeo and Juliet always has to end the same, with both of their deaths, dying in each others arms as in this version as it is a tragic love story, it's always bound to me. No one wants to change the ending to a happier one.

Well, the show dipped at times for me, some episodes felt unnecessary to the overarching plot and were boring but it the last few episodes were great. I wish it had kept up that momentum the entire series, I think it maybe could have done with less episodes, I think maybe 18 or so would have been sufficient. I enjoyed most of it but not quite all of it, which is a shame as I loved how it started off and ended. It just waned a little at times in between.

Overall, maybe a 7 or 8.
Jul 17, 2017 2:57 PM

Mar 2017
I mean..
Jul 18, 2017 1:19 PM

Dec 2014
I always wondered why I kept seeing a random floating island when it appeared sometimes. How did the riders of dragonsteads not eventually realize there was much more to the world.

Feels very fairy tale-ish, much different from the play. It's more like having an entirely separate story and pasting the same names onto the characters. With that being said, I enjoyed this spinoff Fire Emblem story

edit: Also, have to say the English dub was great, compared it to the first few episodes of the sub and I have to say I preferred the dub for once.
LeMastaJul 18, 2017 1:27 PM
Aug 10, 2017 4:34 AM
Aug 2017
There's a little diference at the Manga's end. Romeo doesn't die before Julieta. They die together in a kiss, and this death is not really showed, which for me is less painful to see.

Does anybody knows a love story powerful like this with a happy ending?

ahahahah really cheese question, but in these days I'm in need.
Nov 10, 2017 3:03 PM

Nov 2016
While this show was srather dry at some parts there were also some highs and amongst them this episode. Great finale for a rather average show.

Didn't expect that Romeos and Juliets death would hit me like this,really bittersweet.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 17, 2017 4:20 AM
Nov 2017
Hahahahaha i really can not stop laughing.. how it ended..
they both died in the end.. i thought they would live T^T
Mar 25, 2018 6:46 PM

Oct 2011
the impact of this series is real. made me sad.. orz

Apr 3, 2018 2:38 AM
Apr 2018
Hello to people from 11 years ago! I just finished Romeo X Juliet today although I was trying to save it up for tomorrow because April 4th was when the first episode first aired so I at least wanted to end it on 4th as well but temptation is present so I couldn't stop myself. LMAO.. I'm staring into thin air right now. LOL
May 11, 2018 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
I thought they wouldn't die here but they still died.

Ophelia was crazy as always.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Sep 28, 2018 4:56 AM

Nov 2017
It isn't the worst thing I've seen but it isn't great either simply mediocre 5/10
Oct 26, 2018 2:53 PM

Jan 2010
The world ending plot was questionable, Tybalt and Mercutio situations compared to the play are backwards, the dialogue's period was inconsistent, "You Raise Me Up" was used so much that it lost its impact overtime, the series nearly abandoned all sense of dramatic irony, demonizing the Montagues while exalting the Capulets still feels wrong, and turning a straightforward love story into one about revolution completely oversteps the scope of the original work.

...But, at the end, I really loved Romeo x Juliet. As its own interpretation of the work, as well as by giving it its own spin, Romeo x Juliet exists as a unique version of the famous story, still managing to somehow secure that starcrossed lovers' ending while keeping things fairly optimistic. It went from a tragedy to something more bittersweet. I recall the words William mentioned somewhere in the middle of the series, where he challenged Juliet to usurp the tragedy she was written into. The writers of the series characterized Billy Shakes as a flamboyant buffoon, but one who takes his stories seriously. As such, in a twisty meta way, they had William, who would have written Romeo and Juliet in his own way, offer a challenge to his own characters to break free of the tragedy set forth by fate, or in other words, William's own narrative. I'm not sure if Romeo x Juliet is sacrilege before the original play, but I'm happy that both exist. The original exists in its infamy, and this version exists as a fantastical retelling. Either can be enjoyed on their own, and I certainly enjoyed both.

In many ways, I abhor this anime, but it made me love it nonetheless. Damn it all.
Dec 15, 2018 1:11 PM

May 2013
Awweeee, I'm very satisfied with this ending <3 This anime is cheesy af LOL

Some things could've been done better, but I'm glad they died together or it wouldn't have been as well received

7/10. Rest well, my babies <333333333
Jan 28, 2019 5:46 PM

Jun 2012
Wow this had one of the nicest endings Ive seen in quite awhile.
Apr 1, 2019 7:08 PM

Mar 2019
Someone approved "I'm a tree, you're a tree. We're on a floating island." The fall would've had to be very very slow if my understanding of the physics of stuff not tied down for people etc not to fall off. Magic writes off gravity. Just different enough from Romeo and Juliet. Entertaining, it would be a bit odd to call the series a tribute to the play. 8/10
Eris-w-Apr 1, 2019 7:12 PM
Aug 5, 2020 5:37 AM

Feb 2017
I’m feeling a low-mid 8/10 for the show as a whole. Really liked a lot of this anime; it was surprisingly heartfelt and fresh. A bit meander-y at times and a lot of elements never felt fully fleshed out, but alas.

My only particularly major gripe is how they went full-on ‘End of Treevangelion’ for the conclusion; it’s jarringly nonsensical/out of place at best. At least the cast got some nice resolution scenes after that nonsense.
Feb 20, 2021 6:20 AM
Apr 2020
A tragic end for the two but a beautiful end all,as well as the anime itself. I thought Gonzo will make their alternate ending and I wouldn't like that but thankfully, they stick to Shakespeare's way of how he end the story for Romeo and Juliet.

Man, this was great. Really really great. I NEVER thought that I would enjoy this so much that you'll not get bored of the low quality and a bit of old animation. Thanks for this perfect adaptation, Gonzo. I'm so satisfied with this. 10/10 overall (been a while since I gave a perfect score for an anime. )
Oct 12, 2021 7:22 AM

May 2015
This was a nice re-watch. All I remembered of this series was a sad ending of both of them dying but re-watching it they do it in more of a happy light.

Overall a very solid story and romance were always so cute. It's not too re-watchable cause of all the drama and its length but a very solid series. I'm glad I decided to give this a re-watch and experience it all again.

P.S That Raise me up song is SO GOOD!!! I remember it was played during episode 7 or so and now and both times were great.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 12, 2021 2:14 PM
May 2021
The shittest way to end a great series
Oct 16, 2021 9:01 PM

Sep 2020
If they somehow keep the ending same as the original one it would have been much better.

Anyway really enjoyed everything else.
Overall 9/10
ZXEANNov 18, 2021 4:11 AM
Apr 2, 2022 8:30 PM
Mar 2019
They Both Die ( Romeo & Juliet ) And i did not care one bit.
This was hard work, at least i could fast forward the soppy bits.
Glad to be done with it.
Never seen the original and now after this, probably never will.
May 7, 2022 6:50 AM

Jun 2020
I wouldn't give this more than a 5.5 to be honest.

The original story outline of Romeo and Juliet is basic and lame to begin with (that's all the anime used), the plot just feels shallow, there was hardly mystery/suspense, no interesting themes were explored, it was all really cliche and predicable, there was clear “good and evil” and not really any grey areas, the ending sucked ass as it made no sense, they just randomly threw in the Escalus nonsense at the end when there was no prior development related to it in like 70% of the plot, this tree thing is just really lame and weak, then at the end the island ends up surviving but on water, so like whats the point of Escalus or the island ever floating?????! it was all pointless...

And why was Juliet the only one who could save it or the only one with the mark?? there is also Romeo and Tybalt who could have had it as they also have Capulet blood and not a single drop of Montague blood (nobody in the story did).

The villain’s sob story was just the most lame and weak, its the kind of story that would make you a good man not a bad one (he had to have been tortured or abused as a child, but nope), and hes just a villain in general, not just to Capulets (wanted revenge since a Capulet man fucked his prostitute mother (who was a prostitute willingly lol, just another customer for her basically, im sure shes had several more noblemen as customers)). (They basically just recycled Tybalt's reason for revenge here)

I hate that she let herself die at the end, even though Romeo worked hard to sacrifice himself to save her (in the original story neither of them actually sacrificed themselves for the other so it was a tad bit better, in a way), then everyone else survives…annoying and unsatisfying ending tbh.
A suggestion to an alternative tragic ending: If the world was utterly destroyed because of their selfishness then perhaps it would have been a cooler ending as it would add another layer to the plot and it would be more realistic in a way.

The only actually good thing about this anime: is Juliet and her progression/development, shes not a damsel in distress nor a mary sue, has her weaknesses and strengths, I liked her as a strong female character.

Romeo on the other hand was a bit annoying and very unremarkable, throughout most of the plot, all he did was think about being around Juliet, even after he learned that his father was actually gonna kill his friend, he never really does anything (except for wanting to kill his father at the end lol), I just felt his all righteous, pure, goody two shoes personality was kinda shallow and could have been more dynamic.
Hydre_ItoMay 7, 2022 7:48 AM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Xinil - May 22, 2007

56 by SakuraTetis »»
Apr 27, 2023 2:07 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kanashimi - Apr 12, 2007

57 by x1drownd »»
Apr 10, 2023 4:03 AM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 9 Discussion

Kanashimi - Jun 8, 2007

29 by Evan_Gorgon »»
Feb 25, 2023 12:13 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 6 Discussion

MasterChief - May 13, 2007

39 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 5, 2022 10:44 PM

Poll: » Romeo x Juliet Episode 2 Discussion

itainteazy - Apr 16, 2007

29 by brokeweeb123 »»
Sep 9, 2022 5:25 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.