Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 10, 2013 3:49 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome character building episode for Meruem. I hope he becomes more and more human.

TheDodo said:
Komugi being attacked by that eagle was quite random though, it's the same in the manga. I wish that part made a bit more sense.

+1

SusuBitesYou said:
I loved the King's badass-ness when he said he was the most powerful. I'm soooo sooo sorry for having a dirty mind. The King's last line "What do I want to do with her" when I read it in the manga I had the same reaction as when I watched it. I'm soo sooorrryy. lol.

Don't feel sorry, I had malicious thoughts too.
I bet in a few episodes we will see The King singing "All you need is Love".
Dec 10, 2013 4:08 PM

Jan 2013
SusuBitesYou said:
I loved the King's badass-ness when he said he was the most powerful. I'm soooo sooo sorry for having a dirty mind. The King's last line "What do I want to do with her" when I read it in the manga I had the same reaction as when I watched it. I'm soo sooorrryy. lol.

Hahaha me too
Dec 10, 2013 4:09 PM

Jul 2013
Akanezora said:
I bet in a few episodes we will see The King singing "All you need is Love".
Instead of "All You Need Is Kill"? :P
Dec 10, 2013 4:14 PM

Jun 2013
TheDodo said:
Lol Tsundere King XD... "It s not like I don't want to kill you or anything~~ Baka!" *blushes*

Komugi being attacked by that eagle was quite random though, it's the same in the manga. I wish that part made a bit more sense.

Well the hawk saw the fucking kings Aura,it got crazy as simple as that

then it randomly entered from that square window into komugi's room and attacked her because its mind got fucked up

Thats the only explanation I can give myself
Dec 10, 2013 4:24 PM
May 2013
Aaronide_ger said:

then it randomly entered from that square window into komugi's room and attacked her because its mind got fucked up

Could it be somehow the same hawk that saw Netero's nen?
Because that one was clearly shown flying.. unnaturally in that scene.
Getting near Meruem sure didn't help him get any better.
Or is it a hawk attracted to strong nen users? That would explain why he's attracted to the palace, and to Komugi since she's a nen user herself.

Could it be that the hawk wants to have his nen awakened by stimulation, and thus seeks nen users driven by his lust for power?

MonteGabarDec 10, 2013 4:28 PM
Dec 10, 2013 4:36 PM

Jul 2011
SusuBitesYou said:

same here.... XD
Dec 10, 2013 4:39 PM

Aug 2013
So,The King is basically Accelerator in HxH world.

Really can't wait for the coming invasion.
Dec 10, 2013 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
This arc is really surprising me. Normally a villain like the king would just be a powerhouse bent on power with no real development, but this guy is anything but that. And despite how evil he's been, it's all working and believable.
Dec 10, 2013 4:50 PM

Nov 2013
OMG wtf is the king gonna do with Komugi?? I was sad, I for sure thought he was gonna kill her. Then he saved her and said all those weird (coming from him) things. He's gotten a lot more complex now which is totally awesome!
Dec 10, 2013 5:11 PM

Sep 2011
TheBigL said:
OMG wtf is the king gonna do with Komugi?? !

Not kill her apparently.
Dec 10, 2013 5:15 PM

Apr 2007
Satire said:
TheBigL said:
OMG wtf is the king gonna do with Komugi?? !

Not kill her apparently.

Dec 10, 2013 5:34 PM

Jul 2013
MonteGabar said:
Aaronide_ger said:

Could it be somehow the same hawk that saw Netero's nen?
Because that one was clearly shown flying.. unnaturally in that scene.
Getting near Meruem sure didn't help him get any better.
Or is it a hawk attracted to strong nen users? That would explain why he's attracted to the palace, and to Komugi since she's a nen user herself.

Could it be that the hawk wants to have his nen awakened by stimulation, and thus seeks nen users driven by his lust for power?

Nope. It wasn't the same bird, from what was shown in the manga.
Dec 10, 2013 5:45 PM
Aug 2012
I seriously feel like that gay Royal Gaurd is going to kill Komugi and be like "it was for you King, I don't care if I die but atleast I saved you from corruption -tears running down face-" or some stupid cheesy line like that.

Then the king cuts his head of hahaha
Dec 10, 2013 6:37 PM
Feb 2013
Mereum and Komugi.

Such likeable characters.
Dec 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Oct 2011
Meurmem changed so much through Gungi and Komugi. Amazing!!!!! Does Pouf noticed Merumem's sudden change in character???? Is that why he was crying?
Dec 10, 2013 6:54 PM

Dec 2012
How is Komugi so adorable?

Dec 10, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
the chimera ant king loves komugi lol
Dec 10, 2013 8:23 PM

Jul 2013
Meruem's heart is changing, really strange to see someone as evil as him turning into somewhat who would worry about a little girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 10, 2013 8:45 PM

Dec 2012
OMG, I loved the ending of this episode. The King is awesome. He is getting feelings. gotta love his development. 5/5
Dec 10, 2013 8:46 PM

Aug 2013
I absolutely love Pouf. His dramatic conclusions" What have I done!? If I killed her now she would be a statue representing that the King is forever a loser in Gungi. " Solution= Play violin incredibly fast.
Dec 10, 2013 8:50 PM

Dec 2012
The selection process is about to begin. Seeing the King show off his nen shows how powerful he really is. The preview looks interesting for next week. Knov's got grey hair.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Dec 10, 2013 9:03 PM
Jan 2013
Just... wow at Meruem's chara development.

And Pouf please take this "Most dramatic anime character of the year" award trophy, like lmao those sparkly tears tho.

The next episode seems to be interesting as well.
Dec 10, 2013 9:18 PM
Jun 2013
Pouf was freakin hilarious LOL..
Dec 10, 2013 10:21 PM

Jan 2008
Waiting all these years to see Komugi and Meruem animated was worth it. This is so good.
Dec 10, 2013 10:41 PM

May 2013
AnimeFan500 said:
Meurmem changed so much through Gungi and Komugi. Amazing!!!!! Does Pouf noticed Merumem's sudden change in character???? Is that why he was crying?

Yeah he can 'read minds' remember or atleast he knew what Pitou was thinking back in NGL. Thats why he is freaking out.
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 10, 2013 11:01 PM

Jul 2009
LOL i love how Youpi caught both Pouf and Pitou being weird. He's like....the fuck?
Dec 10, 2013 11:07 PM

Apr 2012
Panaru said:
Waiting all these years to see Komugi and Meruem animated was worth it. This is so good.

^THIS. I really felt so emotional during the latest episode. I already know what happened between Komugi and Meruem's relationship and to me, their relationship is just severely well-written. Out of all Togashi's Villain, Meruem is definitely my favorite.
RedgraveGilverDec 10, 2013 11:11 PM
Dec 10, 2013 11:09 PM

Jan 2013
Looks like Cell is starting to become emotional...
Dec 11, 2013 1:11 AM

Oct 2012
ahahah, that's the power of love!
Dec 11, 2013 1:32 AM

Jan 2011
I'm touched.
The king is like "I'll kill her now!". Then his true feeling surfaced when he saw her getting hurt even though he doesn't know what this feeling is all about..
hokaruDec 11, 2013 1:38 AM
Dec 11, 2013 2:21 AM

Sep 2012
Hi, does anyone know the name of the song that starts at 16:38 of this episode?
Thanks in advance!
Dec 11, 2013 2:35 AM

May 2012
The ultimate embodiment of strength, finding a true equal within the ultimate embodiment of weakness. Brilliant stuff.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Dec 11, 2013 2:59 AM

Feb 2008
Komugi showing why she's the best character in the series. She evokes such emotions that you can't help fall in love with her even if you're one hell of an evil bastard.

Forever_A said:

Meruem and Komugi for best characters of the year

Easily, Komugi especially is a one in a million character. Really should make room for her in my top 10 characters list.
Dec 11, 2013 3:06 AM

May 2013
The last minutes of this episode prove, once again, that HxH is the best shonen ever written. It is not based on all fights, the events are highly unpredictable and the characterization of the characters is incredibly well done. If "shonen" was a genre, HxH would be a deconstruction of it.
Dec 11, 2013 3:11 AM

Dec 2012
Pouf or whatever that faggot is called is so fucking annoying. Jesus, I hope he is the first one to die.

The episode was meh until the last few scenes and holy shit, Komugi and the King relationship is by far the best thing that is happening since the chimera ant arc started. Just brilliant, I care more about them than anything else happening on the arc. The episode really made me start liking the King, he was somewhat boring before he met Komugi and I love her infulence on him, it adds a lot of depth to his character.

Also I don't get why people are saying it's love or w/e. It's clearly not that.

5/5 in a while just for the well done scenes between Komugi and Meruem.

Vogue- said:
I detest the ever generic Pouf, and his gay over the top dramatic nonsense. Violin, blonde string hair, butterfly wings, and all.

I'm really glad that someone else thinks this way. He has a lot of annoying generic traits that I've seen and hated before.
tsudecimoDec 11, 2013 3:16 AM
Dec 11, 2013 3:50 AM

Dec 2012
DEMS Feels. The king is lolicon

Dec 11, 2013 4:11 AM

Oct 2012
finally a fast paced episode -_-'
My biggest regret is using my real name as my user name.

The continuous pursuit of finding that genuine thing.
Dec 11, 2013 4:15 AM
Oct 2011
tsudecimo said:

Also I don't get why people are saying it's love or w/e. It's clearly not that.
People like to ship.

Again people, just because someone cares about you doesn't mean he/she has THAT kind of love for you. (wants the D/P)

The relationship between Komugi and Meruem is simply that of a mother-child kind of relationship, or that's how I view it. Meruem just realized for the first time in his life what care and love are, the motherly kind. and to relate more, remember Gyro:
Candor123Dec 11, 2013 4:59 AM
Dec 11, 2013 4:43 AM

Jan 2012
Man I was waiting for the king to bitch slap that fruity butterfly ant again. Dude needs to know his place. Every royal guard has been bitch slapped except for the red one. I need to see the king bitch slap those royal guards some more XD
you sound poor
Dec 11, 2013 4:46 AM
Feb 2012
And if you really think that the relationship between Meruem and Komugi is that of mother and child, you should re-read the arc.

Beautiful episode once again. I cannot get enough of Meruem and Komugi interactions.

Mod Edit: Removed untagged spoiler.
LunaDec 12, 2013 3:20 AM
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Dec 11, 2013 4:50 AM
Oct 2011
GuiltyKing said:
And if you really think that the relationship between Meruem and Komugi is that of mother and child, you should re-read the arc.
It's not entirely a mother-child relationship I give you that, but it's still not the lovers/partners kind of love.

Mod Edit: Modified quote.
LunaDec 12, 2013 3:20 AM
Dec 11, 2013 5:36 AM

May 2013
Komugi and the King, are probably the best part of this arc, but I can't say for sure since I didn't read the manga.
Loved the episode, Pouf is a little annoying tho.
Dec 11, 2013 6:26 AM

Oct 2008
Vogue- said:
I detest the ever generic Pouf, and his gay over the top dramatic nonsense. Violin, blonde string hair, butterfly wings, and all.

He was my favorite royal guard until this episode. Now I have to reconsider. What happened to the calm, collected know-it-all? Why couldn't he read Meruem's mind? His nen ability isn't really matching up with his personality.
Dec 11, 2013 7:15 AM

Jul 2012
This episode was great! I really enjoyed the King's character development. Loved his sudden change in mindset when he saw the hawk attacking Komugi. Really looking forward to more!
Dec 11, 2013 10:14 AM
May 2012
n10sity said:
He was my favorite royal guard until this episode. Now I have to reconsider. What happened to the calm, collected know-it-all? Why couldn't he read Meruem's mind? His nen ability isn't really matching up with his personality.

Because out of respect for the King, Pouf wouldn't read his mind ever. As for his nen matching up with his personality, the craziest ones are those who seems 'proper' and 'nice'. Just look at Gon.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of a deleted post.
LunaDec 12, 2013 3:15 AM
Dec 11, 2013 10:49 AM

Apr 2010
so, another disappointing episode.
i hope the battle starts next episode ~
Dec 11, 2013 12:33 PM

May 2013
Raidol said:
Hi, does anyone know the name of the song that starts at 16:38 of this episode?
Thanks in advance!

^^ Does anybody know the name of that ost?????

I have been looking for it my self but can't find it :(
''We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are. That's what death is, don't you think?'' - Uchiha Itachi
Dec 11, 2013 12:49 PM

Oct 2012
I'm starting to grow a soft spot for the king... dammit
"Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to my Madoka anime. Pink lesbian saved time lesbian and now they're about to fight Walmart"
Dec 11, 2013 1:47 PM

Sep 2013
Ok, let me just let out some steam first, no action again in this episode but still...
LIKE HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS... THIS WAS LIKE THE BEST EPISODE EVER!
Damn, only HxH can change the story's direction like three times in half an episode! :D ...or I mean first we think Meruem's starting to like her then he's gona kill Komugi and then minute later he's basically melting for her XDDDDDD oh god, I'm sensing the most wicked pairing ever to be developing XDD
I really wonder what's gona be Komugi's role on the place invasion. I think she will be on king's side, but probably she has something to do with king's defeat :o well, just guessing. But I'm absolutely certain I'm not gona be dissappointed and I can see so, so many awesome options for how this arc might possibly end.

And oh man! The palace invasion is just about to begin??? Gon has a plenty of ideas for the previews???!! ...what? No, but damn it's gona get intense!

Vogue- said:
Instead of spamming spoilers like dbags, why not just go stroke each other off on the wikapedia or something. Or possibly.. gasp.. a far fetched idea I know....but maybe visit a forum dedicated to the manga. :O!!?!!

Oh man, glad I saw that, better not read more of this thread then :S If there's one thing I don't want to get spoiled for me, it's how this arc will turn out.

But now excuse me, going to add Meruem to my favs!
Life left to go
Dec 11, 2013 3:09 PM

Sep 2011
The King will be checkmated in a whole different game... ^_^

Welp! Time to sell some shipping goggles again... ^_^
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 126 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

780 by InkDruid »»
Apr 16, 12:40 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 59 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FrostToaster - Dec 15, 2012

154 by red-tomato »»
Apr 16, 6:25 AM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 111 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2014

516 by DF_BR »»
Apr 15, 9:31 PM

Poll: » Who is your Favourite character?

PushedCaraway - Mar 29

42 by Sorachin »»
Apr 15, 2:32 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 148 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Sep 23, 2014

914 by cube98 »»
Apr 13, 10:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.