Forum Settings
Forums
New
Does anyone have seen the rented or bought the complete uncensored Fist of the North Star U.S. VHS
Dec 9, 2013 11:36 AM
Dec 2013
Hello? As you may well know, the original 1986 movie anime; Fist of the North Star (Hokuto no Ken) was one of the bloodiest and most amazingly animated films that had been released uncut in Japanese theaters since 1986. Since the movie was sold to children and family, they complained and had the graphic violence toned down with rainbow color blurs and filter. It was censored even more when released on home video. In Japan, the home video versions had the alternate edited ending instead of the original theatrical ending that was shown in theaters, but other countries had the original ending since it was based on the theatrical version. The out-of-print Italian VHS was semi-uncensored and contain no video censorship, however some graphic scenes still have rainbow colors. The U.S. VHS versions were censored, but some of them interestingly were released completely uncensored sourced from the original theatrical print. The older VHS releases (including re-release on DVDs) had the red tinted censored print and other U.S. VHS releases had the normal colored temperature print with all of the uncensored scenes intact.

I know that some of them had seen the complete uncensored copy on U.S. VHS since they rented or bought them at Blockbuster stores. From IMDB message boards: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142371/board/thread/179824494

If anyone has seen or have the original VHS copy that contains complete uncensored theatrical cut, be not afraid to speak out. Let's have a nice discussion!
Dec 9, 2013 11:43 AM

Mar 2013
Fists of the north star had an American release? Huh. I guess you learn something new everyday.
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Dec 9, 2013 11:52 AM

May 2012
The version I saw had the rainbow and blur shit on it, unfortunately.
Dec 9, 2013 12:08 PM
Dec 2013
Yes the rainbow blurs are annoying. The censorship filter destroyed much of the original violent scenes!
Dec 9, 2013 2:35 PM

Jun 2009
Topic Moved
Moved under the anime being discussed

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Dec 9, 2013 4:19 PM
Dec 2013
Finding the original VHS copy of the full uncensored version of the movie in U.S. would be very hard to find, just to let you guys know.
Sep 4, 2021 1:58 PM

Nov 2013
Unfortunately the scenes are censored/distorted even in the bluray release.
You all need to watch Nami.

More topics from this board

» Is it just me or does the blood and gore in the 1986 Fist of the north star movie look extremely graphic?

EmperorDemonGava - May 17, 2012

2 by SAT_KUMAR »»
Aug 11, 2023 7:39 PM

Poll: » Hokuto no Ken Movie Episode 1 Discussion

Fronzel - Nov 24, 2012

13 by Fronzel »»
Jun 5, 2021 8:39 PM

» Fist of the North Star the movie 30th anniversary

Egon1982 - Dec 26, 2016

3 by Shocked »»
Dec 28, 2016 5:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.