Forum Settings
Forums
Dec 13, 2013 5:48 PM

I have been using a touchpad ever since I got my own laptop. Since I use my laptop in bed or when I'm lying down (in addition to where it's on flat surfaces) I've never bothered with a mouse, and I use a touchpad for everything. I don't find it so strange myself (since I'm used to doing it I guess) but people seem to be in shock when I say I play games like LoL and the like on my touchpad as well.

However I feel like I should get used to a mouse again, because frankly I find it unnatural to use now. I need tips for rehabilitation, what mice are good, I assume we've moved past the stage where we still have a small ball in a mice, so I've found a mouse from this decade, but I just can't used to it. Please help, my hand is unable to cope.

Dec 13, 2013 7:14 PM

Wondering about something.

Really wanna tell someone off about how bratty and immature they are, but have no idea how to go about it. And I'm in a situation where I can't really "avoid" them either. So they're just... there. Talking.
To me.

Ugh.

Of course, I've been tolerating it well. So if the advice is to just to "deal with it", I'm perfectly capable of that.

O yeah if you think it's you it probably isn't, but be paranoid about it anyway cause I like being super vague and passive aggressive and all that jazz. Totally.

Dec 13, 2013 7:17 PM

MellowJello said:

Really wanna tell someone off about how bratty and immature they are, but have no idea how to go about it. And I'm in a situation where I can't really "avoid" them either. So they're just... there. Talking.
To me.

Ugh.

Of course, I've been tolerating it well. So if the advice is to just to "deal with it", I'm perfectly capable of that.

[size-60]O yeah if you think it's you it probably isn't, but be paranoid about it anyway cause I like being super vague and passive aggressive and all that jazz. Totally.
You could try explaining why you're annoyed with this person. Don't yell at them or anything (assuming this irl)
you never know, they might listen to you. If it's to the point where you really can't stand the person, "dealing with it" won't last much longer. So I guess try to have a civil discussion with this person about the issue.

Dec 13, 2013 7:19 PM

They're the kind of person who doesn't "do" civil discussion.

Cause you know, they're bratty and immature.

Dec 13, 2013 7:24 PM
MellowJello said:

To me.

Ugh.

O yeah if you think it's you it probably isn't, but be paranoid about it anyway cause I like being super vague and passive aggressive and all that jazz. Totally.

Deal with it. Why should you spent more energy for someone that you don't even care about?

daintybiscuit said:
I retired from school, but i always studied quite hard the night before, slept (as much as you can) and review all notes quickly in the morning

i've never had anything below an A- in my whole life, so yah, that works for me

http://www.danielyerelian.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Infinite said:
I have been using a touchpad ever since I got my own laptop. Since I use my laptop in bed or when I'm lying down (in addition to where it's on flat surfaces) I've never bothered with a mouse, and I use a touchpad for everything. I don't find it so strange myself (since I'm used to doing it I guess) but people seem to be in shock when I say I play games like LoL and the like on my touchpad as well.

However I feel like I should get used to a mouse again, because frankly I find it unnatural to use now. I need tips for rehabilitation, what mice are good, I assume we've moved past the stage where we still have a small ball in a mice, so I've found a mouse from this decade, but I just can't used to it. Please help, my hand is unable to cope.

You will be fine with touchpads alone unless you are into PC gaming which involves precision and coordination by the player. But for browsing the internet and running non-intensive game applications, touchpad will function perfectly in these situations. Since you are comfortable with using touchpads and prefer it more than a mouse, why the need to change? Seems redundant to me.
Modified by worldeditor11, Dec 13, 2013 7:38 PM

Dec 13, 2013 7:26 PM

How much longer until you can avoid them? If it's not too long, you could consider just putting up with it.

- your friendly neighborhood conflict avoider
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Dec 13, 2013 7:26 PM

MellowJello said:

Hmm, yeah that could be an issue. If you're really fed up with this person, you could cut them out of your life, if possible, not sure on all the details of your situation. Or just have at them and give 'em a piece of your mind.

Dec 13, 2013 8:15 PM

daintybiscuit said:
I retired from school, but i always studied quite hard the night before, slept (as much as you can) and review all notes quickly in the morning

i've never had anything below an A- in my whole life, so yah, that works for me

http://www.danielyerelian.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Infinite said:

just a nerd. being in love with being a nerd.

Dec 13, 2013 8:16 PM

Kobapo said:
MellowJello said:

Hmm, yeah that could be an issue. If you're really fed up with this person, you could cut them out of your life, if possible, not sure on all the details of your situation. Or just have at them and give 'em a piece of your mind.
Well, I guess I'll do what most people do best.

Deal with it.

Dec 15, 2013 8:29 AM

I have a problem. This person I used to know and only occasionally see seems to have a problem with me. This person would always occasionally have a beef with me and I don't know why because sometimes we hang out like friends and suddenly like a coin toss he dislikes me.

One day we could hang out in a group of friends and have a laugh, then a day or two later this persons spitting venom my way or snide comments to undermine me. Should I just ignore this person? because we are connected through my flatmate so I feel like i can't say absolutely anything about my life in front of my flatmate because he will talk to the other person and he'll use it against me. I once said a harmless joke not even a joke about buying a novelty shirt for this person for Christmas and this guy went off on me in a message basically saying i was an asshole. I was only trying to do abit of buddy joking about like you do with friends.

I'm honestly not sure why this person has always disliked me. Its a Brian and Quagmire kind of thing.

Dec 15, 2013 8:39 AM

I think we all have met someone like this. Well I don't tolerate any shit so If they say something about me I just say something back at them which usually makes them shut up.If you don't do anything the person will feel like they're in control and will not stop.

What is there that you will tell to you're flatmate that can be used against you? If you're telling stuff like that then don't you think your flatmate could also use it against you? Frankly speaking I don't let people's words affect me and I don't think there's anything about my life that can be used against me and if there is I wouldn't tell anyone I know.

Dec 15, 2013 8:50 AM

I don't have much life experience, but I suggest you talk to him personally and ask him what his problem is with you. He probably just does it to seem "cool" to his friends. It'd probably be awkward for him if you talk with him 1 on 1 though. Either that or you'll have to try and ignore him, but I'm sure you don't want to do that.

source: regrets
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:02 PM

Dec 15, 2013 8:50 AM

RdfsSayNSlash said:

What is there that you will tell to you're flatmate that can be used against you? If you're telling stuff like that then don't you think your flatmate could also use it against you?

Just general things like if im having a hard time with my job, which usually results in a concealed insult on facebook when i post about something related about me not been able to handle things other people can. Like recently i left a job because of some issues and then a few days later posted how i couldn't afford something i found in town and got a response that "keeping jobs pays for things" which was just a way of telling everyone online that i cant handle my job. I didn't want it shared online.
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 15, 2013 9:04 AM

I my mates girlfriend was like that, had some serious venom stored up for me everyday, all you can do is smile and ask them how their day was. People like this normally are just trying to vent their own issues
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:04 PM

Dec 15, 2013 9:07 AM
BANKAI!!!!!!

Ok. That's probably not going to work. If I were you I'd just ignore him and not care about what he has to say. Let that guy know that your not gonna take any crap from him.

(Or you can just whip out a sword and end it there) xD

Dec 15, 2013 9:21 AM

Von_Struth said:

I my mates girlfriend was like that, had some serious venom stored up for me everyday, all you can do is smile and ask them how their day was. People like this normally are just trying to vent their own issues

Yeah the problem is I can never tell with this person, we get on really well some times we have a laugh and good nights out but then they turn all hateful and venomous at random points its like knowing two face you never know what side you're going to get but whatever the situation its clear this person doesn't like me at all and must only tolerate me on occasion whilst glaring at me when my backs turned but I don't know why I would have happily just have been friends but now I don't think so.
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:05 PM

Dec 15, 2013 9:26 AM

Ignore them or if you're a sadist or loves to piss anyone off, do something that they'll hate you more(Which that's what I'm doing if someone hates me for no apparent reason).
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:05 PM

Dec 15, 2013 9:28 AM

Kibura_Iburasa said:
Von_Struth said:

Yeah the problem is I can never tell with this person, we get on really well some times we have a laugh and good nights out but then they turn all hateful and venomous at random points its like knowing two face you never know what side you're going to get but whatever the situation its clear this person doesn't like me at all and must only tolerate me on occasion whilst glaring at me when my backs turned but I don't know why I would have happily just have been friends but now I don't think so.
He could just be bipolar and treat a lot of people in similar ways, contains him self around closer friends but lets rip around acquaintances, I like people being open, hate under the cover bitchyness.
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:06 PM

Dec 15, 2013 9:31 AM

If he's not particularly important to you, just ignore him. Some people are simply irrational and cannot be reasoned with. Or he has bioplar disorder.

Dec 15, 2013 10:12 AM

Eh I have the same problem too. I just ignore her, since acting nice towards her doesn't work.

Dec 15, 2013 10:28 AM

Haters gonna hate. My best friend's older sister hated me for no reason whatsoever and at first I am always polite and civil to her but avoid talking to her as much as possible, but now I sure as hell didn't take shit from her and since I called her out a few years back she avoids being rude to me now since I talked to her about it (kind of ranted on her), now I'm still polite and civil to her and she acts the same to me.

My advice call him out on his shit. Sit him down and have a man-to-man conversation about him and make sure he understands you're serious. If he doesn't want to do it or is still acting like a douche after you talk it out then don't ever acknowledge him when he's being a dick to you and just be polite and civil to him whenever you have to talk to him. At the very least make sure he understands that you won't take shit from him.

Dec 15, 2013 12:31 PM

I know this is wrong place to ask, but I am really, really out of options. If anyone, and I mean literally anyone can help me, I will be willing to receive that help. I need to write a topic, and my mark depends on it, but I am an idiot when it comes to French. So, if anyone can help me out these are the topic: 1) Des Medias, 2) Des dangers qui quettent les journess and 3) De la société de consommation, just send me private message, and please, don't tell me to use google translator, that won't do sh*t.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Dec 15, 2013 12:39 PM

what are you asking for?
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Dec 15, 2013 12:41 PM

I need someone to write me a topic for French writing exam. It doesn't have to be good, i just need to have it. One of three above. They mean exactly what they say. I am not sure about other 2, but under media, I can write whatever I want about media.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Dec 15, 2013 12:46 PM
I doubt anyone is actually going to write you an essay in French

You should have paid attention and studied more

Dec 15, 2013 12:48 PM

I don't need someone to write one for me
I need him to translate it. But you are right. God knows how much I studied it, but I still don't know it well. Our teacher is really bad. That is why I just want to get over with it. It literally has nothing to do with my college preparations.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Dec 15, 2013 12:48 PM

if i am not mistaken the first one is the media the second one is the dangers of journalism and the third one is a consumerist society. those are what those translate to
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Dec 15, 2013 12:51 PM

Yeah, that is it.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Dec 15, 2013 12:53 PM

Dimitrije1606 said:
Yeah, that is it.
so as it sounds you need to chose one of those 3 topics and write a paper on it

Dec 15, 2013 12:54 PM

Yeah...Unfortunately.....
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Dec 15, 2013 12:57 PM

so pick the topic you know the most about start writing it in english(or your native language) then later translate it into french. that is what i did when i was asked to do this. it takes longer but it is quite a bit simpler

Dec 15, 2013 12:59 PM
I have used this for an entire essay once and I got a C

http://translation2.paralink.com/English-French-Translation/

Dec 15, 2013 12:59 PM

Tried that last time..God 3 or C. I need good mark :P That is why I am asking :(

That will help, thanks. If nothing, I will use it.
Modified by Aversa, Dec 15, 2013 1:14 PM
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Dec 15, 2013 1:35 PM

alright I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I want to get something special for my girlfriend this Christmas. Something that is cool and fun for the both of us. I'm a huge anime fan but my girlfriend claims to hate it but I've caught her watching shows like claymore and death note for time to time. Should I get her a anime related gift or just play it safe?

Dec 15, 2013 1:38 PM
vithyansiva said:
alright I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I want to get something special for my girlfriend this Christmas. Something that is cool and fun for the both of us. I'm a huge anime fan but my girlfriend claims to hate it but I've caught her watching shows like claymore and death note for time to time. Should I get her a anime related gift or just play it safe?
Play it safe

Dec 15, 2013 2:12 PM

vithyansiva said:
"I-it's not like I enjoy anime or anything. Baka!!"
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.

Dec 15, 2013 2:30 PM

JD2411 said:
vithyansiva said:
Play it safe

Agreed.

nexusroves said:
Quite a serious problem but... What am I supposed to do when I know someone is being bullied but they are not doing anything about it nor are the teachers. I bring this up because I just saw them bullying the guy over Facebook. The problem is the guy is autistic and doesn't understand that he is being bullied. What am I supposed to do? Is this a matter for the police?

Are the teachers aware? Try talking to them first if they aren't. And if they are, ask what's being done about it. Ask if his parents know. I'm not sure the police are going to be much help unless it's really serious bullying.

Dec 15, 2013 2:30 PM

Dimitrije1606 said:
I don't need someone to write one for me
I need him to translate it. But you are right. God knows how much I studied it, but I still don't know it well. Our teacher is really bad. That is why I just want to get over with it. It literally has nothing to do with my college preparations.

If you're only talking about translation, I can do this for you. Or at least, try the most you can by yourself, and then I'll correct you and help with what you didn't manage to say.

Dec 15, 2013 3:01 PM

moaru said:

Are the teachers aware? Try talking to them first if they aren't. And if they are, ask what's being done about it. Ask if his parents know. I'm not sure the police are going to be much help unless it's really serious bullying.

hmm thanks for answering, I originally posted this on Yahoo Answers and got a tone of hate LoL. As for the teachers, I spoke to them and they just don't give a damn(my school has a reputation for this)
Never thought about talking to the parents, will try that approach, so thanks :)

Whats my age again? WHERE IS MY ASIAN FRIEND!!!!!!!

Dec 15, 2013 3:18 PM

vithyansiva said:
I would say play safe. If you can't tell 100% sure that she likes anime than don't do it.

nexusroves said:
Quite a serious problem but... What am I supposed to do when I know someone is being bullied but they are not doing anything about it nor are the teachers. I bring this up because I just saw them bullying the guy over Facebook. The problem is the guy is autistic and doesn't understand that he is being bullied. What am I supposed to do? Is this a matter for the police?
Inform the teachers and if they don't do anything about it, inform his/her parents and the police.

Dec 15, 2013 9:58 PM

nexusroves said:

For bullying outside school, teachers are unable to do anything about it. If it were me, I'd notify your friend's parents and see how they handle it. If the problem persists, call the police. I hope this helps and everything works out.
Wecc said:
All Hail HaXXspetten King of the Loli Traps!

Dec 15, 2013 11:09 PM
vithyansiva said:

If you can afford it, get her a safe present you know she will like as the main present and throw in an anime DVD that you think she will like for you guys to watch together as a secondary gift. The brownie points from the first will hopefully make her amicable about watching the second with you. Otherwise play it safe.

Kibura_Iburasa said:
RdfsSayNSlash said:

What is there that you will tell to you're flatmate that can be used against you? If you're telling stuff like that then don't you think your flatmate could also use it against you?

Just general things like if im having a hard time with my job, which usually results in a concealed insult on facebook when i post about something related about me not been able to handle things other people can. Like recently i left a job because of some issues and then a few days later posted how i couldn't afford something i found in town and got a response that "keeping jobs pays for things" which was just a way of telling everyone online that i cant handle my job. I didn't want it shared online.

Easiest way to deal with people like that is to cut them out of your life. Some people are simply not worth trying to maintain a friendship. You need to change your settings on FB so that only friends, not friends of friends can see what you write. If he is a friend on FB, unfriend him or change him to being unable to see your posts. IRL, give the basic civilities and then ignore him and do something else when he is around. He will probably continue to bitch but you won't have to hear it. I wouldn't worry too much about other people. You won't be the only one who feels this way about him.

Dec 19, 2013 9:49 AM

Where can I get fiberglass cosplay helmets for $100 or under?
Modified by Luna, Dec 19, 2013 10:34 AM

Dec 19, 2013 2:35 PM

I'm taking my drive license and today I lost/fail for the second time in the pratical exam. The thing is; I drive well and I barely did any mistakes both times I lost for "minor" things that almost nobody loses because of that. I have friends who bumped their cars in the exam against others or did a lot of mistakes and they still got approved, I just did a really tight curve a little out of hand, nothing serious.

There's a lot of people who have been sabotaging driving exams recently, especially drive schools and examinators because everytime we fail at a drive exam we have to pay 200€ to go again, so they earn more money and they need especially because of the huge financial crisis in here. Also the boss from my school hates my mother and he might as well talk to the examinator in order for him not to let me get approved (it happened before to other students!). Also no one understand their reason to fail me because it's just stupid no matter how you look at it, they never give a proper explanation. Here is one of the worse places to learn how to drive and even drive they should be more comprehensive but they are not, they are really mean.

I'm starting to get more nervous, I don't feel confident at all, I feel like I'm a disappointment and it's getting on my nerves. I feel like giving up but I already invested to much money also I love to drive. But I'm starting to believe that this is way too much already.

What would you do if it were you? I'm really getting desperate in here.
Modified by Yakuzaa, Dec 19, 2013 3:20 PM
There's no such thing as a painless lesson.
They just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary.
You can't gain anything without losing something first.
Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it,
you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle.
Yeah, a heart made fullmetal.
- Fullmetal Alchemist

Dec 19, 2013 2:57 PM

Is it possible to file a complaint about the outcome of your driving exam? It's been a few years since I took mine, but I can't remember having any trouble with it and the only thing I did wrong was that I drove almost 40km/h in a 30 zone. Also they are a business and what they did here, is that you have to renew your drivers license every 10 years or something, which basically means paying for a new one. I luckily dodged that, since I took it before the rule was made, but it's still pretty ridiculous.

The only thing I did was practice a lot at home. I don't know if you have the same, but here there are 20 pre-determined routes that they randomly choose from, so maybe ask some of your friends where they drove and try out the different routes, get used to them. Also try to keep your calm during the exam and don't stress out and get nervous, I know that is a hard request, but it's really important. Focus on the road and your surroundings and not on the examinator. Don't let other traficants stress you out, just ignore them, but of course not to the point where you run into someone.

Hopefully this helps and good luck on your next try!

Dec 19, 2013 3:00 PM

Yes, obviously the world is conspiring against you getting your driver's license.

Practice more on your weak-points and don't be unconfident nor overconfident. If you don't believe you can do it, it will likely be a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Also, this is probably the wrong forum area for this.

Dec 19, 2013 3:17 PM

Sounds like a people problem, not your own.

Is there another office you can get to for the test?
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Dec 20, 2013 2:33 AM

This ain't in the right forum for this kinda topic, but you should go ahead and file a complaint if you even have others backing you up for that shit.
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.

Dec 20, 2013 2:37 AM

Mikixa said:
There's a lot of people who have been sabotaging driving exams recently, especially drive schools and examinators because everytime we fail at a drive exam we have to pay 200€ to go again, so they earn more money and they need especially because of the huge financial crisis in here.

I heard this some days ago by a guy, so I think I can believe it.

Dec 20, 2013 3:06 AM

Nah just keep taking it till they pass you. Work on a flawless drive and they'll be forced to give it to you.

Is what I'd normally say...

But you're paying so much for each test? Wow wtf. That's blasphemy.

Pages (189) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »