New
Pages (198) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2014 2:21 PM

Jun 2013
yazio said:
PandaSaki said:
yazio said:
PandaSaki said:
For the past month and a week, I've been talking to a woman online. The more we talked, the more we got closer with one another. Basically, we fell in love with each other. We want to be together, but apparently distance is major problem for her, and we never met officially in person. Due to those circumstances, I reluctantly chose to remain friends with her since the pain would be too much for her if she and I got into a romantic relationship.

I've been through a lot of long-distance relationships before and things worked out okay then. I just feel sad when I talk to her now. I just want to be with her, but I can't due to work right now.
Not to rain on your parade but, don't you think that knowing someone for about month is too short to be talking about love?
For some people, it could be considered too short.
I'll take that as a no. Have you tried talking to her about how you feel?
I tried.. I felt like she wasn't listening.. She's the one who decided it wouldn't work out because she has trouble dealing with the pain of yearning.. She told me she feels depressed after talking to me because it only makes her want to be with me more.
"Say it again, but sexier." - TRQ

Apr 15, 2014 2:26 PM

Mar 2012
PandaSaki said:
I tried.. I felt like she wasn't listening.. She's the one who decided it wouldn't work out because she has trouble dealing with the pain of yearning.. She told me she feels depressed after talking to me because it only makes her want to be with me more.
Unfortunately, I can only see two options for this:

1. Wait until things settle down and then try to rekindle your relationship, friendship or otherwise, later on.
2. Cut off your contact with her.

Hopefully someone else can come with better alternatives...
Apr 15, 2014 4:11 PM

Aug 2013
PandaSaki said:

If you know it can't work or work in the foreseeable future, isn't keeping whatever it is you two are doing just going to keep hurting with no pay off?

StardustPhantom said:
I'm super depressed, and the biggest problem/cause is that I bottle up my feelings because I feel as though I'm burdening people when I ccomplain to them . . .I live my life, not to impress people, I am an individual and won't change. However, I don't have many real life friends and that too adds major depression to my mood. They say build your own happines, how do I do that?

Thank you!

Don't worry kid you'll survive. Although having friends is great ( I assume) you can't feel like lack of them is a bad thing. That will only make you depressed more without any change, best thing to do on that front is to think of this moment in your life, these weeks or months as a healin time. A time to focus on yourself, all it can take is to find one good friend and it will happen in time so don't put too much focus on it right now. Instead focus on your life look inward and start asking the big questions.

Who are you, what do you like, what can you change and what do you want to keep the same. When you figure that out even if your attitude or outlook doesn't mix with some people it will with others and these people will be suited to your personality. You already seem like you stand your ground on who you are so thats good.

As for happiness I'm not the best person to ask to be honest but I will say, happiness comes in many forms sometimes it doesn't make sense but whatever works, you gotta find those small things you like or at least if not make you feel happy makes you feel content for a short time. Face the world a day at a time and don't worry too much, just think nothing really matters as much as people pretend they do so don't panic, go at your own pace and you're not alone.
Tonight's just another night and we are all lost in this life Stardust. There's just those who are better at pretending they actually know what they are doing but we can just be a little more honest about not knowing what the hell we are doing with our lives.

Us depressed lost souls sort gotta stick together.
SpooksApr 15, 2014 4:30 PM
Apr 15, 2014 4:36 PM
Jan 2014
Kibura_Iburasa said:

StardustPhantom said:
I'm super depressed, and the biggest problem/cause is that I bottle up my feelings because I feel as though I'm burdening people when I ccomplain to them . . .I live my life, not to impress people, I am an individual and won't change. However, I don't have many real life friends and that too adds major depression to my mood. They say build your own happines, how do I do that?

Thank you!

Don't worry kid you'll survive. Although having friends is great ( I assume) you can't feel like lack of them is a bad thing. That will only make you depressed more without any change, best thing to do on that front is to think of this moment in your life, these weeks or months as a healin time. A time to focus on yourself, all it can take is to find one good friend and it will happen in time so don't put too much focus on it right now. Instead focus on your life look inward and start asking the big questions.

Who are you, what do you like, what can you change and what do you want to keep the same. When you figure that out even if your attitude or outlook doesn't mix with some people it will with others and these people will be suited to your personality. You already seem like you stand your ground on who you are so thats good.

As for happiness I'm not the best person to ask to be honest but I will say, happiness comes in many forms sometimes it doesn't make sense but whatever works, you gotta find those small things you like or at least if not make you feel happy makes you feel content for a short time. Face the world a day at a time and don't worry too much, just think nothing really matters as much as people pretend they do so don't panic, go at your own pace and you're not alone.
Tonight's just another night and we are all lost in this life Stardust. There's just those who are better at pretending they actually know what they are doing but we can just be a little more honest about not knowing what the hell we are doing with our lives.

Us depressed lost souls sort gotta stick together.

This is some quality piece of advice and I couldn't have said it better although I put in bold the most important thing to do.
Apr 15, 2014 4:51 PM

Jul 2013
StardustPhantom said:

Thank you!
Hey bae!
Stay strong, kay?

Well..... I guess it's time for some inspirational quotes. I have some anime ones I've been collecting.
Sakata Gintoki, Gintama said:

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you.”

I guess you kind of realize it with that "build your own happiness." But really bae, if you want things to be different for you, your life to be different, you yourself have to change first. Step out of your comfort zone. You can't just say you are "an individual and won't change." You really have to take the initiative and change yourself. Of course, people are going to judge my response, saying that you have to be yourself, but we all know that doesn't work. So just make sure you can change yourself before changing your life, aight?
Brook, One Piece said:

“No matter how deep the night, it always turn to day, eventually.”

Brook is right. Seriously, life's full of peaks and valleys, and maybe you're a bit stuck in a valley. Maybe you've hit rock bottom. Well that's great, isn't it? Because now, your life can only get better. You might have to stay in the valley for a while. But like brook says, your peaks coming.

I promise.

Hope you feel better about life in general. Life's pretty good tbh. c:
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Apr 15, 2014 5:18 PM

Aug 2013
atomsksbby6969 said:

Well..... I guess it's time for some inspirational quotes. I have some anime ones I've been collecting.
Sakata Gintoki, Gintama said:

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you.”

I guess you kind of realize it with that "build your own happiness." But really bae, if you want things to be different for you, your life to be different, you yourself have to change first. Step out of your comfort zone. You can't just say you are "an individual and won't change." You really have to take the initiative and change yourself. Of course, people are going to judge my response, saying that you have to be yourself, but we all know that doesn't work. So just make sure you can change yourself before changing your life, aight?
Brook, One Piece said:

“No matter how deep the night, it always turn to day, eventually.”

Brook is right. Seriously, life's full of peaks and valleys, and maybe you're a bit stuck in a valley. Maybe you've hit rock bottom. Well that's great, isn't it? Because now, your life can only get better. You might have to stay in the valley for a while. But like brook says, your peaks coming.
:

Its all good advice but It really depends where she is at the moment. The idea of changing yourself doesn't come into play with depression until they have enough stability with themselves to do it without causing further damage. Asking a depressed person to change who they are before they have accepted who they are first is like telling them that the problem lies with them been who they are, instead of coming to the decision to change themselves for their own reasons at a later point. Its still good advice to follow but it really all does depend on where she is currently, it might be too soon.

As for the it only gets better, you gotta take that with a pinch of salt. If you put hope in that and it fails it can destroy any base you started to build. I know I trusted in the idea that I could only go up from a certain point and made a decision that made me fall further and longer than I ever had before. It wasn't a complete waste, it show's me just how much extra bullshit I could put up with after I thought I had reached my maximum.

The Disney/anime lines are great for motivational speeches but again, depends where the person is. IF they are rock bottom then these inspiration words will ring like an insult more than a sign of hope. That life will take a good turn just because its bad but it doesn't work like that. Nor is it garenteed a person must first be strong enough to deal with where they are in the darkness before they can pull themselves out of it. To sit hoping that life will get better is not going to get someone anywhere. Life can be shit and remain shit, nothing is set in stone to get any worse or better.

I'm not trying to pick anything a part here, it is all sound advice its just advice for a certain stage in a persons life. It all really depends where she is at the moment. Hopefully she can take everything you said to heart.
Apr 15, 2014 5:21 PM
Apr 2014
Just think to buy new perfume, so I think to buy Acqua di Gio because I read a lot great reviews about it (example, so what's your opinion about best men perfume?

Girls?
Apr 15, 2014 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
mojper said:
Just think to buy new perfume, so I think to buy Acqua di Gio because I read a lot great reviews about it (example, so what's your opinion about best men perfume?

Girls?
If you go to Amazon, you'll see that there's a lot of great reviews on a lot of perfumes.

My opinion as a man not attracted to other men (yes that matters) is that you need to find something that doesn't exert your dominance or smell overwhelming. It just reeks of douchebaggery and "I smell like the cologne, the cologne doesn't smell like me." Subtlety is key.

Then again, I don't wear cologne (I just smell it a lot on campus). So take this opinion with lots of salt.
Apr 15, 2014 5:43 PM

Jul 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
atomsksbby6969 said:

Its all good advice but It really depends where she is at the moment. The idea of changing yourself doesn't come into play with depression until they have enough stability with themselves to do it without causing further damage. Asking a depressed person to change who they are before they have accepted who they are first is like telling them that the problem lies with them been who they are, instead of coming to the decision to change themselves for their own reasons at a later point. Its still good advice to follow but it really all does depend on where she is currently, it might be too soon.

As for the it only gets better, you gotta take that with a pinch of salt. If you put hope in that and it fails it can destroy any base you started to build. I know I trusted in the idea that I could only go up from a certain point and made a decision that made me fall further and longer than I ever had before. It wasn't a complete waste, it show's me just how much extra bullshit I could put up with after I thought I had reached my maximum.

The Disney/anime lines are great for motivational speeches but again, depends where the person is. IF they are rock bottom then these inspiration words will ring like an insult more than a sign of hope. That life will take a good turn just because its bad but it doesn't work like that. Nor is it garenteed a person must first be strong enough to deal with where they are in the darkness before they can pull themselves out of it. To sit hoping that life will get better is not going to get someone anywhere. Life can be shit and remain shit, nothing is set in stone to get any worse or better.

I'm not trying to pick anything a part here, it is all sound advice its just advice for a certain stage in a persons life. It all really depends where she is at the moment. Hopefully she can take everything you said to heart.

makes sense. it does depend where a person is at.
I've always been a fairly happy person my whole life, so these quotes push me to be better.

But OP bae, just make sure you're comfortable with everything around you. THere's no hurry. I mean, I'm just guessing, but you're not that old so, just know that you've got so much more ahead of you. So much more that is happier than what you're dealing with now.

Might I suggest indulging yourself in a religion? I mean, it's a weird idea. But I've grown up in a Christian church, and whenever I'm feeling down, I kind of stop everything I'm doing and pray or read a Bible passage, and it's really comforting. I know MAL is the last place to take religion into hand, and preaching feels weird, but God's always there, you know? Maybe you haven't been the most righteous person your whole life. I haven't either.

But it's never too late in God's eyes. He wants you to be with Him. And I think one thing that helps me get over anything upsetting is knowing that everything on this earth is temporary. It's not even just to a religious point. Think about it. When you die, what'll be left? Your clothes? Your popularity? Yeah no. But we do have that eternal life in heaven, which is supposed to be perfect, somewhere where God's going to wipe every tear off our faces.

And yeah, you're probably legit like 100% done with my sermon, but what do you have to lose if you believe in heaven and shoot for it? Heaven is available with those with faith in God, those who know that Jesus died for their sins, and what do you have to lose? Seriously?

Pause for a second. Realize something. If you die with the belief of heaven and you're wrong, you lose nothing. You were a good person and happy person your entire life, and thats a great accomplishment. But if you die with no belief of heaven and you're wrong, you lose EVERYTHING.

Sorry if that doesn't appeal for you. But feel free to comment or pm me if you want to know more about salvation and stuff. Or tumblr me. Or find me on other social media c:
Apr 15, 2014 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
MellowJello said:
mojper said:

Girls?
If you go to Amazon, you'll see that there's a lot of great reviews on a lot of perfumes.

My opinion as a man not attracted to other men (yes that matters) is that you need to find something that doesn't exert your dominance or smell overwhelming. It just reeks of douchebaggery and "I smell like the cologne, the cologne doesn't smell like me." Subtlety is key.

Then again, I don't wear cologne (I just smell it a lot on campus). So take this opinion with lots of salt.
"reeks of douchebaggery"

dat vocab

I don't really care about guys who wear cologne. Tbh if I can smell your cologne then its kind of gross

I think perfumes and colognes should just be more of a self confidence thing
Apr 15, 2014 5:48 PM

Aug 2013
Come on Atom, religion..ugh well if thats your advice for her I respect it.
I don't agree with it but its your advice and angle to give.
Apr 15, 2014 5:55 PM

Jul 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
its still hot stud guys just call me amanda or hot stud or smth

yeah ik religion is like taboo in mal, but you know, when people are really down and depressed, theres nothing else but that
Apr 15, 2014 6:03 PM

Aug 2013
atomsksbby6969 said:

yeah ik religion is like taboo in mal, but you know, when people are really down and depressed, theres nothing else but that

As a personal opinion I feel religion preys on the damaged, giving them a quick and false hope that someone wanting to die or depressed would cling to but its not facing the real problem, its pretending that god has you covered.

I grew up in a catholic school I know the indoctrinating shit they do. I also know that as a small child looking out at the sky, scraping away the skin on his arm with a skewer till it bled God never answered shit. If he exists hes got a wicked sense of humor I'll give him that.

I'd rather live in an ugly truth than a comfortable lie.

But everyone's entitled to their own belief.
SpooksApr 15, 2014 6:12 PM
Apr 15, 2014 6:06 PM

Oct 2012
StardustPhantom said:

Thank you!

If friends are what happiness means to you, then i'd recommend improving yourself to become more approachable. I don't suggest complaining to people. It is admirable that you don't care about impressing others, but that is possibly hindering your ability to attain companionship. If seeking friends with similar interests as you is difficult, then try seeking friendship outside of school or work.
Apr 15, 2014 6:10 PM

Mar 2014
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Part of my problem is giving it up. After playing Persona 4 I thought "yeah man truth woo gonna go search for it" and now I'm not happy with what I have. Being ignorant and letting yourself go with it is the best way to be. There's a reason it persists in all its forms despite the fact they can't all be true- they don't have to be. All, or possibly all but one, are wrong. But that's not the point.

If I could, I never would have questioned my beliefs, but it's too late now. Now I must suffer the idea of permanent death for the rest of my life.
Apr 15, 2014 6:11 PM

Jul 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
atomsksbby6969 said:

As a personal opinion I feel religion preys on the damaged, giving them a quick and false hope that someone wanting to die or depressed would cling to but its not facing the real problem, its pretending that god has you covered.

I grew up in a catholic school I know the indoctrinating shit they do. I also know that as a small child looking out at the sky, scraping away the skin on his arm with a skewer till it bled God never answered shit. If he exists hes got a wicked sense of humor I'll give him that.

But everyone's entitled to their own belief.
it does prey on the damaged.
You should read the book "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis. Theres one chapter where Screwtape talks about how as devils they prey on humans at their lows, but so does God.

I know how you feel with catholic school. The problem with religious schooling is that they try to stuff everything down your throat. I've been to a christian school before. It's not that fun.

The thing with the skewer. The thing is that God doesn't answer all the time. I mean yeah He's a great god and stuff, but he's not our slave. He isn't there to do everything for us. He'll answer things that He knows are best for you.

And it never hurts to ask God.

And yes, God has a pretty good sense of humor.
Apr 15, 2014 6:15 PM

Jul 2013
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Part of my problem is giving it up. After playing Persona 4 I thought "yeah man truth woo gonna go search for it" and now I'm not happy with what I have. Being ignorant and letting yourself go with it is the best way to be. There's a reason it persists in all its forms despite the fact they can't all be true- they don't have to be. All, or possibly all but one, are wrong. But that's not the point.

If I could, I never would have questioned my beliefs, but it's too late now. Now I must suffer the idea of permanent death for the rest of my life.
Are you saying that doubt is the reason you're not going to make it to heaven? Because it's not. You don't have to be a perfect person to get into heaven. You get a ticket into heaven by having faith.

And I actually asked one of the counselors at my church and she told me that doubts actually strengthen your faith and are proof of faith, because it shows that you are constantly thinking about your beliefs and are wanting to know more c:
Apr 15, 2014 6:17 PM

Oct 2012
atomsksbby6969 said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

Are you saying that doubt is the reason you're not going to make it to heaven? Because it's not. You don't have to be a perfect person to get into heaven. You get a ticket into heaven by having faith.

And I actually asked one of the counselors at my church and she told me that doubts actually strengthen your faith and are proof of faith, because it shows that you are constantly thinking about your beliefs and are wanting to know more c:

It just takes one or two people to ruin the image of a religion for many people.
Apr 15, 2014 6:19 PM

Aug 2013
atomsksbby6969 said:

The thing with the skewer. The thing is that God doesn't answer all the time. I mean yeah He's a great god and stuff, but he's not our slave. He isn't there to do everything for us. He'll answer things that He knows are best for you.

A god that doesn't answer or do anything to even show a young kid a sign to continue living, or that hes not some kind of monster that deserves to die isn't worthy of been called a God.

Religion is a man made invention to deal with the idea of inevitable perma-death. A comfort construction used to justify actions and crimes against other humans.

Seems this thread is turning all religious around here.
Apr 15, 2014 6:21 PM

Mar 2014
atomsksbby6969 said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

It's not that I fear being denied going to heaven, it's just that from what I learned and from what I've seen, there's no possible way religion can be true, therefore there is no place for me once my brain matter that had once been filled with happy memories are now worm food. I had lived my entire life believing death was just the beginning, and I failed to see why it was so bad, and now that has been flipped upside down. I almost don't even want to bother with life some days because nothing I do will ultimately matter and in the end, I'll be told that I don't have a place here anymore and my death won't even be a tragedy because "it was her time and its an inevitability" and then I'll be forgotten forever in a few years.
Apr 15, 2014 6:24 PM

Oct 2012
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

It's not that I fear being denied going to heaven, it's just that from what I learned and from what I've seen, there's no possible way religion can be true, therefore there is no place for me once my brain matter that had once been filled with happy memories are now worm food. I had lived my entire life believing death was just the beginning, and I failed to see why it was so bad, and now that has been flipped upside down. I almost don't even want to bother with life some days because nothing I do will ultimately matter and in the end, I'll be told that I don't have a place here anymore and my death won't even be a tragedy because "it was her time and its an inevitability" and then I'll be forgotten forever in a few years.

About the whole idea about suffering eternal pain in hell, and fire... all that imagery...

If i were dead, my nervous system would not function. I wouldn't feel any emotion, nor would I feel pain.

Apr 15, 2014 6:27 PM

Aug 2013
LadyRenly said:

I almost don't even want to bother with life some days because nothing I do will ultimately matter and in the end, I'll be told that I don't have a place here anymore and my death won't even be a tragedy because "it was her time and its an inevitability" and then I'll be forgotten forever in a few years.

LR if it matters you should know there are very few things in life I give a damn about and even fewer people, family some friends and even some users here. So even if it doesn't matter, know that I like having you around here on MAL.

Even if life is pointless doesn't stop you enjoying the time you got, you can still feel things even if after death it all goes away we are here today at least. Every day you exist is better than not, we can't hold onto life forever might as well use it as much as possible. So we are going to be forgotten, our generation will go out together and be forgotten together.

Class of the 20-21st century WOOO! And thats about as sappy as you are going to get outta me, gotta keep my hardass image you know.
Apr 15, 2014 6:29 PM
Jul 2018
PandaSaki said:
For the past month and a week, I've been talking to a woman online. The more we talked, the more we got closer with one another. Basically, we fell in love with each other. We want to be together, but apparently distance is major problem for her, and we never met officially in person. Due to those circumstances, I reluctantly chose to remain friends with her since the pain would be too much for her if she and I got into a romantic relationship.

I've been through a lot of long-distance relationships before and things worked out okay then. I just feel sad when I talk to her now. I just want to be with her, but I can't due to work right now.

It's a cold truth that everyone has to accept. Sometimes, it just isn't feasible to be with someone when extreme distance is involved. Waiting until your or her situation improves can sometimes work but it really depends on how long you both are willing to wait. Should your friendship become too strained due to the feelings of yearning, it may not be the best idea to keep talking to her. Now, a lot of people may see that as cruel, but deep down I feel if your very presence is going to hurt someone because they can't have you, then letting them go is the best way to show you love them. However, if there is a way for you two to meet, maybe live together or possibly create future plans then perhaps it can be worthy of the pain. Be mindful though if you do see her but are forced to go back home to continue working or other important personal obligations, it could make the pain more extreme on her end.

After all, getting a taste of the real deal then having it ripped away by distance is quite painful.

mojper said:

Girls?

That cologne smells really, really good. A few of my friends use it, and it's always seemed pleasant to my nose. Hugs are even better since she can bury her face into the mans body to get that scent.
Apr 15, 2014 6:31 PM

Oct 2012
Aylaine said:
PandaSaki said:

It's a cold truth that everyone has to accept. Sometimes, it just isn't feasible to be with someone when extreme distance is involved. Waiting until your or her situation improves can sometimes work but it really depends on how long you both are willing to wait. Should your friendship become too strained due to the feelings of yearning, it may not be the best idea to keep talking to her. Now, a lot of people may see that as cruel, but deep down I feel if your very presence is going to hurt someone because they can't have you, then letting them go is the best way to show you love them. However, if there is a way for you two to meet, maybe live together or possibly create future plans then perhaps it can be worthy of the pain. Be mindful though if you do see her but are forced to go back home to continue working or other important personal obligations, it could make the pain more extreme on her end.

After all, getting a taste of the real deal then having it ripped away by distance is quite painful.

mojper said:

Girls?

That cologne smells really, really good. A few of my friends use it, and it's always seemed pleasant to my nose. Hugs are even better since she can bury her face into the mans body to get that scent.

I can vouch about Aqua Di Gio, it's such a great perfume. A lot of people use it.

Go to a night club and I guarantee that you'll smell this scent everywhere.

Other perfumes I'd recommend.

-1 million

and

Bulgari's Aqua.
Apr 15, 2014 6:37 PM

Mar 2014
Tsuyuu said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

About the whole idea about suffering eternal pain in hell, and fire... all that imagery...

If i were dead, my nervous system would not function. I wouldn't feel any emotion, nor would I feel pain.

But that's exactly what I don't want. I like perceiving and being able to experience. If I have to go back to not existing, then I should never have existed in the first place. It's like giving food to a homeless person and then taking it from him...
Apr 15, 2014 6:39 PM

Oct 2012
LadyRenly said:
Tsuyuu said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
LadyRenly said:
atomsksbby6969 said:
Kibura_Iburasa said:

But that's exactly what I don't want. I like perceiving and being able to experience. If I have to go back to not existing, then I should never have existed in the first place. It's like giving food to a homeless person and then taking it from him...

This conversation is really making me uncomfortable.

Enjoy the time you have while you're alive.

Remember each second that passes is a second you're never gunna get back.

But I might say this type of mindset can either motivate someone to 'strive in life' or just demotivate someone entirely.
Apr 15, 2014 6:46 PM

Apr 2014
Ever get the impression that you'll never really die if you make an impression on the world? Just a thought.
Apr 15, 2014 6:49 PM

Oct 2012
FlowOfTime said:
Ever get the impression that you'll never really die if you make an impression on the world? Just a thought.

Knowing that when you're alive just give you more happiness when your alive.

Think of all the people who died before their work was actually realized.
Apr 15, 2014 6:50 PM

Sep 2012
FlowOfTime said:
I was never going to die anyway because the main characters never die.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 15, 2014 6:52 PM

Oct 2012
Korrvo said:
FlowOfTime said:

But every series ends eventually.
Apr 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Mar 2014
Tsuyuu said:
Korrvo said:
FlowOfTime said:

And the ones that don't, they fade into obscurity and the fans move on.
Apr 15, 2014 6:54 PM

Sep 2012
Tsuyuu said:
Korrvo said:
FlowOfTime said:

Even if that does happen, I'll be back for a second season, OVAs, and movies.

The fangirls love me.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Apr 15, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
I think we should take this discussion to its own thread we are clogging up general advice here.
Apr 15, 2014 7:01 PM
Aug 2011
FlowOfTime said:

Seeing as the chances of humans colonizing another planet seems to be very slim and the Earth isn't invincible . Also realizing that if we are correct, one day everything will return back to nothing. Can't say I am putting much stock in to the idea of living on forever through any amount of impression.

I like the idea of leaving a positive impression. Doing some good while I can. However I don't really care if I am remembered or not.
Apr 15, 2014 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
FlowOfTime said:
ill never die until i make a cool exit like saying yolo
Apr 15, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2013
Kibura_Iburasa said:
I think we should take this discussion to its own thread we are clogging up general advice here.
if you want. or we can just im/skype or smth
Apr 15, 2014 7:05 PM

Mar 2014
Kibura_Iburasa said:

I'm sorry, it was probably all my fault
Apr 15, 2014 7:09 PM

Oct 2009
Guys i have an annoying problem

Whenever I talk to a 3D girl, I can't stop wishing to be at home watching anime.

I am tired of having to have these thoughts run through my head. Does anyone have any tips for fixing this issue?
Apr 15, 2014 7:11 PM

Mar 2014
RandomChampion said:

Whenever I talk to a 3D girl, I can't stop wishing to be at home watching anime.

I am tired of having to have these thoughts run through my head. Does anyone have any tips for fixing this issue?

The 3d girls you associate with probably suck. Or maybe it's a sign you are an introverted soul who prefers to be at home. Or maybe it's some weird psychological trick your brain is playing and makes you think you want to go home because you are too embarrassed to be around girls you probably have a massive attraction to?
Apr 15, 2014 7:13 PM

Mar 2014
RandomChampion said:

You can either
A. Tell yourself there's no such thing as 3D girls
or
B. get a smartphone and watch anime on the go even in mid conversation
Apr 15, 2014 7:15 PM

Oct 2009
LadyRenly said:
RandomChampion said:

The 3d girls you associate with probably suck. Or maybe it's a sign you are an introverted soul who prefers to be at home. Or maybe it's some weird psychological trick your brain is playing and makes you think you want to go home because you are too embarrassed to be around girls you probably have a massive attraction to?

I know there is just so much.

I wish i knew what to do, this never happens with 2D girls
Apr 15, 2014 7:17 PM

Oct 2009
mclovinballz said:
RandomChampion said:

You can either
A. Tell yourself there's no such thing as 3D girls
or
B. get a smartphone and watch anime on the go even in mid conversation

wow these are great ideas thanks man. i will try these before i try taping their mouths shut and staring at them
Apr 15, 2014 7:17 PM

Jul 2013
RandomChampion said:
LadyRenly said:
RandomChampion said:

same whenever i talk to 3d boys they're never as good as 2d boys i feel u bro bro
Apr 15, 2014 7:21 PM

Oct 2009
atomsksbby6969 said:
RandomChampion said:
LadyRenly said:
RandomChampion said:

same whenever i talk to 3d boys they're never as good as 2d boys i feel u bro bro

i wish i were 2D boy
Apr 15, 2014 7:37 PM

Jun 2013
yazio said:
PandaSaki said:
Unfortunately, I can only see two options for this:

1. Wait until things settle down and then try to rekindle your relationship, friendship or otherwise, later on.
2. Cut off your contact with her.

Hopefully someone else can come with better alternatives...
The latter seems a bit extreme.

Kibura_Iburasa said:
PandaSaki said:

If you know it can't work or work in the foreseeable future, isn't keeping whatever it is you two are doing just going to keep hurting with no pay off?
I can see it working in the future, but right now I cannot travel to a far away place due to work.

Aylaine said:
PandaSaki said:

Well I'm willing to sacrifice everything.. I've done it before with another person, but that person did not share the same feelings and only manipulated me. But I am willing to sacrifice..
"Say it again, but sexier." - TRQ

Apr 15, 2014 7:38 PM
Aug 2011
RandomChampion said:

Find a girl who will watch anime with you. Maybe the ones you're talking to are not interesting enough so you lose interest and want to do something you consider fun. Other than that you just got to get your priorities straight. There is a time for anime and a time to socialize. Nothing wrong with thinking about doing other things while talking to people, but you don't want those hobbies affecting your life negatively.
Apr 15, 2014 7:50 PM

Oct 2009
Dr_Smurph said:
RandomChampion said:

Find a girl who will watch anime with you. Maybe the ones you're talking to are not interesting enough so you lose interest and want to do something you consider fun. Other than that you just got to get your priorities straight. There is a time for anime and a time to socialize. Nothing wrong with thinking about doing other things while talking to people, but you don't want those hobbies affecting your life negatively.

last time i watched anime with a 3d girl, she started moving closer to me and touching me. it was so annoying i could not even fully concentrate on the show. in fact it was so annoying when she laughed during the comedy parts and i could hear her breathing and moving too. i told her to stop all of this nonsense so that we could dedicate ourselves to anime, but she just got angry, called me a loser, and left. she had bad taste in anime too
Apr 15, 2014 8:22 PM
Aug 2011
RandomChampion said:
Dr_Smurph said:
RandomChampion said:

last time i watched anime with a 3d girl, she started moving closer to me and touching me. it was so annoying i could not even fully concentrate on the show. in fact it was so annoying when she laughed during the comedy parts and i could hear her breathing and moving too. i told her to stop all of this nonsense so that we could dedicate ourselves to anime, but she just got angry, called me a loser, and left. she had bad taste in anime too

Well for one, you should be glad that a girl wanted to be close to you and touch you rather than viewing it as a negative. Plus there are girls who could enjoy the same anime as you and be willing to actually watch, one bad experience shouldn't carry over to all. Two, maybe your issue is you're not truly interested in women, more asexual than you realize and are trying to meet to social conforms. You could also be a bit too unrealistic as to how a woman should act, since you seem to have a fascination with the idea of 3D and 2D girls.

I don't know you well enough to really get down to the issue. I guess it comes down to your priorities. If watching anime trumps being in a relationship or even just casual sex, than there is nothing wrong with that, but you should admit that to yourself.
Apr 15, 2014 10:45 PM
Jul 2018
RandomChampion said:

Show her your 3D resolve by sticking your tool inside her toolbox. Your anime thoughts will swiftly disappear in a wave of euphoria.

PandaSaki said:
Well I'm willing to sacrifice everything.. I've done it before with another person, but that person did not share the same feelings and only manipulated me. But I am willing to sacrifice..

You know why you must take precautions then. Someone willing to sacrifice for love is easily used. Sacrificing itself is precarious enough already. In that case, I would try to learn everything you can about her now, while you work towards a point in life where you can go see her frequently. Just so you don't travel to get your heart broken, you know? Also, if you cannot see her at a high enough frequency, it may lead to problems down the road. Ensure that you get a defined understanding of any smaller but potentially important details like that while you wait to improve your situation. After all, things change.
Apr 16, 2014 4:10 AM

Apr 2014
StardustPhantom said:

Thank you!

This post was made a little while back but it is something that I have felt before in the past so I would like to try and give my perspective if I may. Others have hit on many of the things I am going to say too but I'm going to say them and a few other things as well in my own way.

The problem I see is that saying 'won't change' and wanting to 'build your own happiness' actually conflict with one another. You attest that you are not happy now but the only way you can become happy is by changing who you are and how you perceive the world around you.

I myself raged a lot about this subject when I was younger. I also, being the stubborn person I was, felt that society was forcing me to change and be someone I'm not. It was not until later however, I realized I am changing whether I want to or not. The person I am today is not the person I was yesterday or an hour ago, or even a second ago. Life is all about change and it is happening whether we like it or not.

This realization made me think a lot about what is me anyway? What defines me? If I am always changing then am I really an individual or simply a collection of events? I thought about these things for quite some time and came up with a few things of note.

I realized that the individual that is me is the one who never tried in school until he realized that exceling in life requires putting in some effort on my part. I am the one who is currently looking at going back to school because I realize only now how much I improved as a result of it. I am the one who wants to become successful and more sociable so I can have a family of my own someday. I am the one who seeks a better life for myself even though those around me keep telling me some people just aren't cut out for some things. I am the one who will keep trying new things even if my peers think I am strange because I enjoy learning about people and things I have never encountered before. I am these things and much more and I intend to seize my own happiness no matter what anyone tells me or does. That is what makes me the individual I am today, yesterday, and every tomorrow to come.

Now, with all of that said it all really boils down to one thing you have to ask yourself. Do you intend to be happy and what are you going to do to make sure you are happy today and all of the tomorrows to come?
SGWApr 16, 2014 9:15 AM
If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident. — Hei
Pages (198) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's a book opinion that if someone had you would disown them?

vasipi4946 - Mar 30

43 by Nutella71 »»
12 seconds ago

» Anyone had a Drought Emergancy declared for their area?

vasipi4946 - 28 minutes ago

2 by Zettaiken »»
10 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - 4 hours ago

16 by logopolis »»
11 minutes ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

32 by LoveLikeBlood »»
17 minutes ago

» Is this forum dead? It seems like it.

DesuMaiden - Apr 17

36 by Firwik_Howlo »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.