Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
Everyone, you're perfect people, right? Yeah, that's what everyone tells me. Some kind of intelligence, some kind of condition that makes you superior in physical activity, etc. However, do we ever point out our own flaws at times?

I can, pretty easily. I know I'm socially awkward, I'm openly racist, and I have the tendency to be a huge prick. I'm also not the smartest person out there.

Yeah, I won't even make excuses.

So my questions to you are:
-Could you point out your own flaws, if asked to?
-If so, do you have any examples you'd like to share?
Just need to find out how to quote this every time so I can dodge the stupid 30-character limit.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Aug 2012
I'm not actually that smart, I don't try to be, and I accept when I've either misunderstood or lost an argument.

I'm also an asshole whenever I feel like being grumpy, prone to "being drunk" without actually being drunk (for shits and giggles), and I'm introverted, which I perceive to be a weakness in this sort of world.
======

I think this one time my weaknesses started flaring out was when this one girl I was with finally told me she "didn't like it when I kept pointing out her flaws". Keep in mind I've known her for months at that point. Now until that point, I 1) didn't realize I was doing that, and 2) didn't realize that was a bad thing. She has every right to do the same thing, because in my circle of friends that's regular behavior (feel free to judge; whatever). I explain to her that it was in good humor, but that obviously didn't blow over well.

Needless to say, that behavior of mine mostly stopped, even with my good friends (irl friends, anyway). So... yeah.

In retrospect, I have every right to keep doing that now that she's not part of my life anymore, but for some reason it feels like "changing for someone you don't care about anymore" is a lot better than "remaining an arrogant prick".
Dec 6, 2013 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
im not that smart either and i do not have very good english skills and yep im socially awkward too to the point of being asocial
Dec 6, 2013 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm I guess i'm too aggressive... or at least that's what people say. Also I get mad easily, but then again i'm to nice. I can't think of anymore right now.
Dec 6, 2013 6:57 PM
Jul 2018
I have no flaws, I'm absolutely flawless like George Michael
Dec 6, 2013 6:58 PM
Jan 2013
I try to look smart by using good grammar.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 6, 2013 6:59 PM

Aug 2013
A real touchy topic for some people.

Let's see... I'm very emotional. I have the tendency to read between the lines through people's words/actions, a bit too much. I get really melodramatic sometimes. Hell, I remember last year with my "girlfriend".... I really wanna shoot the kid I was.
Conversely, I can also be a real dick to those who bug me even the tiniest. Yeah, emotions get in the way too much.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 6, 2013 7:04 PM

Aug 2013
- I'm often late for appointments.
- I have terrible short term memory.
- I have a severe caffeine addiction.
- I have OCD, which often results in the first flaw I mentioned.
- Due to 10+ years of organized football (soccer), my knees are broken and they won't fix themselves unless I have a surgery. I frequently experience pain, and I can't put my knees under lots of stress, for example when carrying heavy objects.
- Bad attention span.
- I enjoy being cruel towards people I think deserves it.

That'll have to do.
Dec 6, 2013 7:08 PM

Apr 2013
° Impatient
° Always late -> work, school, a night out with my friends, anything.
° I get mad easily

That's about it.
Dec 6, 2013 7:09 PM

Jun 2012
Nobody has ever realized without me saying it, but my right eye is slightly bigger than my left eye. Nothing drastic, actually, I only realized it this year. It's not even noticeable unless you stare at me for a good 5-10 minutes, but it still bothers me.
I lack empathy, someone could be crying for my help and I'd walk away like nothing ever happened. I have OCD and freak out if something is not exactly as it's supposed to be. My sense of humor never stops, even at the worst of times, I laugh and make jokes at the worst of times, like I could be at a funeral and I'll start laughing because I thought of something funny.
Dec 6, 2013 7:10 PM

Aug 2008
When others challenge me is when I learn the most, so often criticism is welcome in that regard.

I am horrible at receiving compliments and kindness, and it often causes me to lose my composure. Example: Someone complimented my monologue performance in theatre and from the stage (physically standing over them, just afterwards) I talked it down in a textbook example of self-deprecation, instead of saying "thank you."

If I am not sure about something, or do not know much about it, I try my best to make that clear before speaking as to not mislead others, but it makes me sound as though I lack certainty, which is unprofessional.

I am far too focused on acquiring knowledge, and have such limited ability to focus on one topic, that at times projects can be pushed to their deadline as I spend hours on Wikipedia researching whatever piques my interest.

Repairing electronics is one of my great passions, but once I complete a project it never leaves my possession.

In discussion, I tend to dominate and emphasize my own findings, regardless of whether they are noteworthy. You could say that I am not humble, but this extends into things that are not necessarily achievements of my own, just things I would like to discuss and so I force others into discussion.

OCD and hygiene affixed as well, cannot work in a messy area and cannot coexist with bad smells or dirty (especially hygiene related) appliances. Hands must always be dry and clean, face cannot be oily, etc.
DeseradaDec 6, 2013 7:30 PM
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Dec 6, 2013 7:14 PM

Sep 2013
I'm

- unreliable
- moody
- lazy
- a social introvert
- bad at sports
- shy
- insecure
- hot-tempered
- spoiled
- compulsive

That's enough for now.
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.
Dec 6, 2013 7:19 PM

Sep 2011
Eh, I have a number of flaws that I'm trying to change, but... eh, I just gotta prioritize.

I think one of my worst is that I'm really bad at replying to texts, emails, and phone calls-- as in I hardly ever reply unless you bug the poop outta me.
Dec 6, 2013 7:23 PM

Sep 2013
I have trust issues, suck at English, may act excessively apathetic/logical to hide my emotions, judge books by their cover, am generally pessimistic but choose to hide it since logically it'll cause problems socially, hopeless romantic, am uncomfortable in large groups, create stress and pressure for myself, and have difficulty getting motivated to do stuff.
Dec 6, 2013 7:30 PM

Apr 2013
i am a flawless human being
an egomaniac and a fool

Dec 6, 2013 7:32 PM

Sep 2011
sometimes it takes me a while to admit im in the wrong, more so than i like to admit

Though i can list my flaws easily, i probably do it alot here

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 6, 2013 7:33 PM
May 2012
iSheep said:
I'm openly racist

I don't see this as a flaw. Well, I guess it could be.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Dec 6, 2013 7:44 PM

Apr 2012
-Adopt a lazy attitude toward things that can are important.

- Often procrastinate

- have a hard time admitting that i am wrong in areas that i think i am knowledgeble in (or care deeply about)

-spoiled --> don't know a lot of stuff (like chores) that normal people would know

- sheltered --> sometimes ignorant of stuff that an average person living in modern society would know

- uncomfortable in large groups that I am not familiar with (more like that I just feel I don't belong)

- read between lines of people's action and words (most circumstances are okay but sometimes too much)

i'll add more when i think of it.
bunny1ov3rDec 6, 2013 10:44 PM
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Dec 6, 2013 7:49 PM

Nov 2008
I have a serious love-hate relationship for mobile gaming, I can't help it that I'm afraid mobile will take most if not all the developers I like. Doesn't help that stuff like this is slowly happening. No dabbling in mobile gaming has really alleviated the fear significantly although it's easing very slowly but I'm still fearful and sensitive.

I'm a financial and political pessimist, while it's healthy to be a financial or political pessimist, the flaw comes from my speaking of realistic but the very worst case scenarios. I have a hard time thinking positively when it comes to any government not just my own.

I'm just an overall pessimist when it comes to society, I just have less faith in it than I had 10, 15, 20 years ago.

Dec 6, 2013 7:50 PM

Jul 2012
I'm VERY narcissistic. I love talking about myself and thinking of myself as amazing and awesome and awesome at things (that I may not necessarily be good at).

I'm extremely and perhaps overly trusting of others. It could get me into trouble at some point in the future.

I'm overly obsessive about some interests and I'm overly obsessive about some of my goals. I'd push towards my goals even when it hurts me because I want to get what I want to get done done.

I'm very introverted and have trouble talking to people.

I'm a lazy procrastinator, and this hurts my grades.

If you consider it a flaw, I'm EXTREMELY idealistic. Thoughts and feelings are constantly based on how I think the world should be, often ignoring or downplaying how the world actually is.
Dec 6, 2013 7:56 PM

Aug 2013
Battlechili1 said:

I'm overly obsessive about some interests and I'm overly obsessive about some of my goals. I'd push towards my goals even when it hurts me because I want to get what I want to get done done.

I'm a lazy procrastinator, and this hurts my grades.

I can relate to the first one in so many ways! I can get so obsessed over some interests that I just get ahead of myself. Also, even if I know if I'm weak at something I wanna be good at, my pride just gets in the way.
Fight Club > Anime
Scott Pilgrim > Manga
Death Cab for Cutie > Yuki Kajura

"Who'd you rather be? The Beatles or The Rolling Stones?"

MY REVIEWS! READ THEM. http://myanimelist.net/profile/StillSwingin007/reviews
Dec 6, 2013 8:07 PM

May 2010
My flaws...

-Arrogant
-Pushover
-Argumentative
-No ambition
-Reclusive
-Childish
-Insecure
-Nosy
-Emotional
-Procrastinates
-Effeminate
-Depressed

I was trying to think of more and then it made me depressed. THANKS MAL.
(I was already depressed, so j/k)
Dec 6, 2013 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
A few I can think of: I have a hard time saying no when a person is overly persistent, don't speak my mind when I should, either too nice for my own good or a real bitch, laugh things off and have a habit of taking on more than I should then caving to pressure/stress and giving up. Too many to list tbh.
Dec 6, 2013 8:11 PM

Oct 2013
I'm not forgiving and hold huge grudges. I easily drop friends/people if they do anything to lose my trust
Dec 6, 2013 8:18 PM

Oct 2012
flaws

-i'm a dumb bitch
- shy
- apathetic
- pushover
- procrastinate
if it is a weakness i'm an realist i dont dream of anything good i see things for what they are
Battlechili1 said:

If you consider it a flaw, I'm EXTREMELY idealistic. Thoughts and feelings are constantly based on how I think the world should be, often ignoring or downplaying how the world actually is.

no offense but i think this is a flaw
RRRRRRRRRR
Dec 6, 2013 8:26 PM

Jun 2013
I'm a bit of a push over, I'm not that smart, and I am bad at keeping promises. I have lots of flaws but I dont like to focus on them.
WHAT IS THIS
Dec 6, 2013 8:43 PM

Dec 2012
- low interest in face-to-face conversations with most people, which usually results in me walking away while they are in mid-sentence. I consider it a good opportunity for the other person to realize how boring they are in reality.
- anti-social when it comes to talking to others in public
- you do something to lose my trust once and you lose all trust you will ever get from me (I don't consider this a flaw)
- not really ambitious
- possibly speak my mind too much such as calling someone arrogant/obnoxious to their face, regardless of what anyone else thinks
- little remorse for others (I don't consider this a flaw)
- impatient when I do not have my laptop with me
- bad at small talk
- lack motivation in anything that I do not find interesting
- lack of common sense and denial of the obvious extremely irritates me (I don't consider this a flaw)
- more flaws I suppose, but these are the ones that came to mind first
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Dec 6, 2013 8:55 PM

Nov 2013
Socially awkward, I get pissed rather easily, I procrastinate so much.
"I'm going to have to work harder to open your eyes, aren't I?" ~Erudito
"You're here because you want to feel like something you're not, a hero."
"Do you feel like a hero yet?" ~Konrad
Dec 6, 2013 8:58 PM

May 2012
I'm too great a person.
Dec 6, 2013 8:59 PM

Sep 2012
I'm actually really insecure.

MellowJello said:
I accept when I've either misunderstood or lost an argument.
Bull fucking shit.
Dec 6, 2013 9:12 PM

Apr 2013
It's no secret. I have a problem with emotional relationships. Fear of attachment.
Dec 6, 2013 9:15 PM

Dec 2012
I can be pretty excitable or get annoyed or angry quickly at stupid things. I'm quick to misunderstand and I find it very difficult to form a close relationship with anybody. That some that I can think of at this moment :P
Dec 6, 2013 9:16 PM

Nov 2011
My only flaw is being too fabulous.
I luv u
Dec 6, 2013 9:22 PM

Jun 2010
I'm impatient, short-tempered, stubborn, sensitive, and clingy. I have low self esteem, a fear of commitment (or something like that, I'm just a raging bitch in relationships and I generally do not want to be in one. I don't ever even tell someone when I have feelings for them because if they feel the same and we enter a relationship, I'm afraid I'll turn on them). I hate any form of physical contact. I'm lazy. I'm overweight. I'm childish. I drink too much. I have a very short attention span.

I think that's enough for now.
Dec 6, 2013 9:32 PM

Nov 2013
1) I'm lazy and weak-willed, so it takes a great amount of motivation to work hard.
2) I was and am still a little shy in public cuz I stutter sometimes. But maybe that's cuz I been secluded from other ppl for awhile.
3) I can be very emotional very easily. I don't cry like a little bitch though.
Dec 6, 2013 10:09 PM
Sep 2013
Emotional, shy, and no motivation for anything.
Dec 6, 2013 10:09 PM

Aug 2012
Red_Keys said:
MellowJello said:
Bull fucking shit.
I forgot to say "irl" to literally every example.

Also, no. Nice try though.
Dec 6, 2013 10:18 PM

Dec 2012
Flaws are like aids, unless my doctor tells me about, I'm not admitting shit.

Dec 6, 2013 10:39 PM

Apr 2012
I'll try to keep it short. I'm not very smart, i'm socially awkward, i'm sensitive, i'm childish and my short term memory is pretty bad.
Dec 6, 2013 10:40 PM

Sep 2012
MellowJello said:
Red_Keys said:
MellowJello said:
Bull fucking shit.
I forgot to say "irl" to literally every example.

Also, no. Nice try though.
See?
Dec 6, 2013 10:53 PM

Apr 2013
Red_Keys said:

Fucking called it.
Dec 6, 2013 10:57 PM

Sep 2012
Arararraragi-kun said:
Red_Keys said:

Fucking called it.
Brilliant detective work. You're a regular sleuth.

Oh, and I've called you out on things before too. Like being a giant twat.
Dec 6, 2013 11:01 PM

Sep 2011
I just thought of one that causes me a number of problems actually, I'm very non-confrontational, a little wuss I am-- despite my stature.
EeyoreDec 6, 2013 11:05 PM
Dec 6, 2013 11:13 PM

Apr 2010
Socially awkward, memory is fucking terrible, and my cognitive reasoning is hilarious to watch. Some physical flaws as well, but no point harping about those.
Dec 6, 2013 11:26 PM

Oct 2013
I sometimes get it into my head that my opinion actually matters
I'm rather lazy
Due to speech impediment, not many people can understand me when I talk
I'm horribly impatient, but fortunately, slow to anger
I have trouble focusing on doing just one thing, which often leaves me with dozens of unfinished things
I daydream far too often
Dec 6, 2013 11:30 PM

Jul 2012
I secretly hate everyone.
Dec 7, 2013 12:14 AM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
My flaws: I'm lazy, shy and I lack empathy.
Dec 7, 2013 12:33 AM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
monster7foot6 said:
- low interest in face-to-face conversations with most people, which usually results in me walking away while they are in mid-sentence. I consider it a good opportunity for the other person to realize how boring they are in reality.

Oh my god

Jaguer91 said:
My only flaw is being too fabulous.

That's funny stuff man, nice one.
Dec 7, 2013 12:55 AM

Apr 2012
not ambitious enough
indecisive
more introverted than i want myself to be :\
gets distracted easily

Dec 7, 2013 12:56 AM

Sep 2013
-lazy
-I lie more than I should
-procrastinator
-I hate admitting it but I was/am spoiled
-extremely picky. Possibly food neophobic
-depressed
-tries to act smart to cover up stupidity
-schizoid/avoidant personality
-apathetic
-I've had trust issues for as long as I remember

...I'll stop here
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» If you are going to Dubai and need a car, enter here

cotetowemixx - Apr 9

6 by cotetowemixx »»
2 hours ago

» How do you know other people actually exist?

purple_rayn - 4 hours ago

1 by Hikinekomori »»
3 hours ago

» Are you e-famous? Are you an Internet celebrity?

DesuMaiden - Today

19 by MalchikRepaid »»
4 hours ago

» Do you post your own original artwork onto social media?

DesuMaiden - Apr 10

23 by Lost_Viking »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » Do you live with regrets?

Lightskynight - 10 hours ago

11 by Lost_Viking »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.