Forum Settings
Forums

Would you mind if your significant other was bisexual?

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Would you mind if your significant other was bisexual?

Dec 6, 2013 12:09 AM

Virtual_BS said:
Absolutely zero tolerance.
That's just so sick and disgusting on so many levels.

Aside from that, it's impractical also:
They'll never be satisfied with just one gender, so you'll have commitment issues later on.

The fact that you're in the "Loli club" and you find bisexuals sick and disgusting is quite ironic. At least bi people aren't jacking off to cartoon children.

Dec 6, 2013 12:10 AM

Nihilfist said:
Virtual_BS said:

They'll never be satisfied with just one gender, so you'll have commitment issues later on.

The fact that you're in the "Loli club" and you find bisexuals sick and disgusting is quite ironic. At least bi people aren't jacking off to cartoon children.

zinggggggggggg

Dec 6, 2013 12:10 AM

Nope

IntroverTurtle said:
As long as she doesn't cheat on me, it doesn't matter.

Her being bisexual might increase the odds of her cheating on me but if she is someone who I truly consider my significant other, that probably wouldn't be a problem either.
"Relying on someone, helping each other out, and supporting each other. Most would say that's the right thing to do. However, that's just idealistic. In reality, someone always gets the short end of the stick"

http://p1.i.ntere.st/3b9596c6911c1c6844478fe7ace4e887_480.jpg

Dec 6, 2013 12:16 AM

Nihilfist said:
Virtual_BS said:

The fact that your mind makes the association between lolis and jacking off really says something about you.

My love for loli is nothing more than admiration for their cuteness - I've stated that in several places on the forums already.

Dec 6, 2013 12:17 AM

Virtual_BS said:
Nihilfist said:
Virtual_BS said:

The fact that your mind makes the association between lolis and jacking off really says something about you.

My love for loli is nothing more than admiration for their cuteness - I've stated that in several places on the forums already.

That is a goddamn LIE!

Dec 6, 2013 12:18 AM

Virtual_BS said:
Nihilfist said:
Virtual_BS said:

Lol that's bullshit and you know it. In case you forgot, loli is short for lolita complex aka pedophilia.

Dec 6, 2013 12:18 AM

Almost as sick as lolicons.

lolololololol

Dec 6, 2013 12:19 AM

Tsundere-lover said:
Her being bisexual might increase the odds of her cheating on me
How does this even begin to make sense?

Dec 6, 2013 12:19 AM

Yeah, probably I'd mind it, it would be weird if we both are interested in pussies. I prefer my girl straight, it's just a matter of taste I guess. I wouldn't break up with her because of that though.
I luv u

Dec 6, 2013 12:20 AM

Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:
There is a far greater chance of someone who identifies themself as bisexual to realize that they are actually gay. I'm not sure that means that they would cheat on you rather than just leave you though.

Dec 6, 2013 12:21 AM

Jaguer91 said:
it would be weird if we both are interested in pussies.

It just means you two have something in common.

Dec 6, 2013 12:21 AM

Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:
There is a far greater chance of someone who identifies themself as bisexual to realize that they are actually gay. I'm not sure that means that they would cheat on you rather than just leave you though.
No, there is zero chance for somebody who is bisexual to be gay. Because they're bisexual.

Dec 6, 2013 12:25 AM

Red_Keys said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:
No, there is zero chance for somebody who is bisexual to be gay. Because they're bisexual.

Lies. Everyone knows that being gay is a choice. Hell I choose to be gay right now.

Now I choose to be straight again.

Dec 6, 2013 12:26 AM

Red_Keys said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:
That's not even close to true and you know it. Many people are unsure of their sexuality and people are more likely to "choose" straight because they think that's what they're supposed to be and/or they feel pressured. Saying they're bisexual can easily be a cop-out for not admitting that they are really gay and it could be a transitional stage for someone who thought they were straight but is slowly discovering that they lean more to the other side.

Don't you yourself hide the fact that you like guys in real life?

Dec 6, 2013 12:27 AM

Nihilfist said:
Jaguer91 said:
it would be weird if we both are interested in pussies.

It just means you two have something in common.
The problem is I don't want to share that with her.

Red_Keys said:
^ stop trying to be lupadim.

What? Did you mean me?
I luv u

Dec 6, 2013 12:27 AM

If someone is bisexual i think it is wrong because the Bible clearly states that people can only be attracted to the opposite sex to be accepted into Heaven. So I would break up with her for even considering being sexually active with another female.

Dec 6, 2013 12:28 AM

Holy shit sly can you be my psychiatrist? I love how well educated you are in the field.

Dec 6, 2013 12:28 AM

yadayada said:
If someone is bisexual i think it is wrong because the Bible clearly states that people can only be attracted to the opposite sex to be accepted into Heaven. So I would break up with her for even considering being sexually active with another female.

Huehuehue...
/人 ‿‿ 人\

Dec 6, 2013 12:29 AM
Personally for me? Extremely, yeah.

Dec 6, 2013 12:30 AM

Where's the "op is a faggot" option in the poll?

Dec 6, 2013 12:30 AM

-Atomsk- said:
Holy shit sly can you be my psychiatrist? I love how well educated you are in the field.
Thanks. Did you know that I have a PHD?

Dec 6, 2013 12:31 AM

-Atomsk- said:

Dec 6, 2013 12:31 AM

Nihilfist said:
Virtual_BS said:
Nihilfist said:
Virtual_BS said:

Lol that's bullshit and you know it. In case you forgot, loli is short for lolita complex aka pedophilia.

Since when is liking nicely-drawn lolita anime characters equivalent to being sexually attracted to children.
- you've got issues if that's the first conclusion you jump to.

You've also got issues if you deny that pics like this are cute:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/2etpgans8bijbl8/LY7z9uL_7c/Anime/Girls/moe%20182474%20sample.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/sh/2etpgans8bijbl8/rSDOLdUzCA/Anime/Girls/shinobu.jpg

By your logic, admiring a work of art for what it is, is now considered sick and disgusting.

FYI, I do not have a lolita complex, nor am I attracted to children.
I simply believe that lolita characters are the cutest that anime gets and I'm not afraid to advertise that.

Getting back on topic:
Virtual_BS said:

To all the people that disputed this:

I'm only interested in committed monogamous relationships.
I do not believe that a girl who's attracted to other girls would not, after a few years, get tired of the D and crave some pussy.

Dec 6, 2013 12:45 AM

Lolis are cute though, that's the truth.
/人 ‿‿ 人\

Dec 6, 2013 12:47 AM
Yeah, I would.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Dec 6, 2013 12:59 AM

It'd give me an uncomfortable feeling and I'd be a bit suspicious about her at first but if I get to know her better and find nothing dislikeable then why not?
Proud founder of the 20+ virgins club.

Please visit my manga blog for manga updates and more!

Mup da doo didda po mo muhfuggen bix nood

^ Need someone who can translate this. Pm me pls.

Dec 6, 2013 1:05 AM
well bi sexual means ur into both boys and girls....? if i ever get a gf and shes bi does that mean shes down with orgies?? cause girl-girl-boi yes im fine with bis which male wouldnt be??

Dec 6, 2013 1:08 AM

xDaboi said:
if i ever get a gf and shes bi does that mean shes down with orgies??
Yes, that is exactly how it works...

Dec 6, 2013 1:09 AM

xDaboi said:
well bi sexual means ur into both boys and girls....? if i ever get a gf and shes bi does that mean shes down with orgies?? cause girl-girl-boi yes im fine with bis which male wouldnt be??

My head hurts.
/人 ‿‿ 人\

Dec 6, 2013 1:21 AM

Slyr3do0n said:
That's not even close to true and you know it.
No, it's completely true. A 45º angle doesn't have "higher chances" of spontaneously transforming into a 90º angle, just because it is half way between 90º and 0º.

I always love how bisexuality is always associated with homosexuality. Like, when people hear "bi", they instantly think "GAYYYY". But the other half of bisexuality, you know, the part that's not gay, the part that's attracted to the opposite sex, the part that makes it bisexuality, gets utterly and completely rejected. How do you not see how fucking ridiculous this is?

It amazes me how people can say "bi people are really just gay" and think it makes sense, and yet if somebody says "bi people are really just straight", that wouldn't make any sense at all. Really, if one makes sense, than the other one has to make sense. You can't accept one but not the other. The reality of it though, is that neither of them make sense.

It's like calling a bicycle and a unicycle the same thing.

Slyr3do0n said:
Many people are unsure of their sexuality and people are more likely to "choose" straight because they think that's what they're supposed to be and/or they feel pressured. Saying they're bisexual can easily be a cop-out for not admitting that they are really gay and it could be a transitional stage for someone who thought they were straight but is slowly discovering that they lean more to the other side.
Ok, if somebody is lying about their sexuality (in the closet), for any reason, then they aren't whatever sexuality they are claiming to be. If I say "I'm bi", but I'm actually gay, then guess what? I'm actually gay. Not bi.

So when the thread asks, "would you mind if your significant other was bisexual", that means "would you mind if your significant other was bisexual". As in, they are bisexual. So your assumption that bi people, or "many" bi people, are just "secret gays" or whatever doesn't even fit in the parameters of this thread.

Furthermore, if you actually think about that, it doesn't even make sense. At all. If somebody is saying they're bisexual, but they're really gay.. they're gay. Right? Ok. So if they're gay, why would they pursue romantic partners of the opposite sex? As in, why would they be going out with people who they are not in any way shape or form attracted to?

I mean, if them "realizing they are gay" and leaving you is the concern, that would imply that they willingly put themselves in a heterosexual relationship. If they're using bisexuality as an excuse to hide the fact that they're really gay, why would they date somebody of the opposite sex? What would be the purpose of claiming to be bisexual? Wouldn't it make more sense to, if they were really so bent on hiding their true sexuality to go so far as to date somebody they have no romantic or sexual feelings for, to claim that they are straight? As this thread clearly demonstrates, the general public reaction to bisexuality, and the negative stigma surrounding it, is hardly better than the reaction to homosexuality. And sometimes even worse. Why would somebody claim to be bisexual to hide their homosexuality and then get involved in a heterosexual relationship? It makes absolutely no sense.

It'd be like if you were at some extreme food critic convention, and there are two food options: lasagna and grilled cheese. Now, at this convention, the community is very uptight, and is completely unaccepting of anybody with a plebeian pallet. They all despise grilled cheese, and anybody who likes grilled cheese is completely and utterly disgusting in their eyes. A worthless person who they would rather see having a rope hung around their throat, than more food go down it. Lasagna is the only true food worthy of consumption! You, it just so happens, unfortunately, have a particular fondness for grilled cheese, and absolutely hate lasagna. It repulses you. But you wouldn't dare let the others around you know that. After all, you like this community and want to be a part of it. You want them to like you too! So what do you do? What can you do? Ah ha! A solution! Say that you like both! Yes! That way, you can indulge in the grilled cheese all you want, but you can still deny accusations of being a filthy plebeian when it comes to food! Because you said you like both. You also "love" lasagna, so it's still sort of ok.

So, even though you receive scrutiny from your community for coming out and "admitting" that you like both, the time comes for you to choose your meal. Finally, you can enjoy the grilled cheese without feeling guilty for it! You won't be looked down upon (well, you still will, but not as much)! You won't be hated (well, you still will, but not as much)! That's all you ever really wanted: to do what your natural instincts want you to do, without being dehumanized and looked down for it!

Oh, but for some odd reason, even though you went through all the trouble to say you liked both, you still choose the lasagna. Even though it's the grilled cheese you want, and the lasagna is repulsive to you, and you went through public ridicule because you said you liked both, you still picked the lasagna. Just to "fit in".

Wouldn't it have been simpler to just say "I like lasagna" if you were going to choose the lasagna to fit in anyway?

Why would somebody who wants to escape public scrutiny pretend to be bisexual, and still go through public scrutiny, only to end up getting involved in a heterosexual relationship? If you're going to lie about your sexuality, wouldn't it make more sense to lie and say you are heterosexual? Especially if you get in a heterosexual relationship?

How would a gay person claiming to be bisexual benefit them in any way if they're just going to pretend to be straight?

Slyr3do0n said:
Yes.. but I don't see how that's relevant.

Dec 6, 2013 1:28 AM

Red_Keys said:
Slyr3do0n said:
That's not even close to true and you know it.
No, it's completely true. A 45º angle doesn't have "higher chances" of spontaneously transforming into a 90º angle, just because it is half way between 90º and 0º.
That's one of the worst comparisons I've ever heard. Your sexual orientation is not a number, it is not rigid, it is not necessarily even set in place, and most people are not fully sure what their sexual orientation is. That is exactly why people "experiment".

I always love how bisexuality is always associated with homosexuality. Like, when people hear "bi", they instantly think "GAYYYY"....

It amazes me how people can say "bi people are really just gay".
I neither said nor implied that though.

And the point is that a straight person (or at least someone that believes they are straight) could decide that they are gay over time and leave you. All I said was that it is more likely with a person who is bisexual.

Dec 6, 2013 1:32 AM

Oh no it's the attack of the..the...WALL OF TEXT

Dec 6, 2013 1:38 AM

-Atomsk- said:
Oh no it's the attack of the..the...WALL OF TEXT
It's also attack of the shitpost, apparently.

Slyr3do0n said:
That's one of the worst comparisons I've ever heard. Your sexual orientation is not a number, it is not rigid, it is not necessarily even set in place, and most people are not fully sure what their sexual orientation is. That is exactly why people "experiment".
So if this is your main point, and sexuality is something fluid and ever changing, why would you single out bisexuality as "higher risk", if heterosexual people can suddenly "realize" they're gay, and gay people can suddenly "realize" they're straight?

Now I'm not claiming you are, but you sound like somebody who doesn't even believe bisexuality exists.

Slyr3do0n said:
"Bisexuals aren't gay. They're bisexual."

"That's not even close to true and you know it."

Slyr3do0n said:
And the point is that a straight person (or at least someone that believes they are straight) could decide that they are gay over time and leave you. All I said was that it is more likely with a person who is bisexual.
That makes absolutely no sense.

Dec 6, 2013 1:47 AM

You're arguing with sly in the hopes of...what exactly?

Dec 6, 2013 1:50 AM

Red_Keys said:
So if this is your main point, and sexuality is something fluid and ever changing, why would you single out bisexuality as "higher risk", if heterosexual people can suddenly "realize" they're gay, and gay people can suddenly "realize" they're straight?
Because I never said it's sudden and I pointed out reasons why they would be higher risk a number of times.

Now I'm not claiming you are, but you sound like somebody who doesn't even believe bisexuality exists.
I don't believe that there is an "absolute" bisexual. Just as I don't really believe that anyone is 100% straight or gay. As I said, they are not numbers. Every person is different.

Slyr3do0n said:
"Bisexuals aren't gay. They're bisexual."

"That's not even close to true and you know it."
Actually, you sort of have me there. I slightly misinterpreted your post as someone who believes that they are bisexual could not actually be, or become gay, being as that was what I was talking about in my post.

By this logic, they would also have a chance of actually being or becoming straight as well btw. The thread just seemed to be from the point of view of a straight person, not a gay person, married to a bisexual person.

Anyways, I don't feel like continuing this discussion. I said in the beginning that I would have no issue with it whatsoever, and I was just trying to play the devil's advocate since you seemed to have no idea why someone would be more suspicious of a bisexual person leaving them.

I think that you are much more emotionally involved in this than I am and I don't want to insult you.
Modified by Slyr3do0n, Dec 6, 2013 2:01 AM

Dec 6, 2013 6:01 PM

-Atomsk- said:

hey bitch im the op

Ok so i'm not saying that all bisexual people would be bad, but it would conjure up some unsure feelings, like some other people said. That bi person may realize that instead they AREN'T interested in a heterosexual relationship and end up leaving you. Of course, if they chose you, it means something, but still. Whatevs. I prefer a straight guy, but if a bi guy really liked me I mean #yolo right
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)dont hate me cause you aint me( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 6, 2013 6:04 PM

I would care that I was the only one they slept with. Otherwise I'll be heart broken when the police informed me that she fell to her death while trying to retrive a bag of oranges that fell over the stairwell.

Dec 6, 2013 6:05 PM

RedArmyShogun said:
I would care that I was the only one they slept with. Otherwise I'll be heart broken when the police informed me that she fell to her death while trying to retrive a bag of oranges that fell over the stairwell.
what in the actual

Dec 6, 2013 6:06 PM

Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:
That's not even close to true and you know it. Many people are unsure of their sexuality and people are more likely to "choose" straight because they think that's what they're supposed to be and/or they feel pressured. Saying they're bisexual can easily be a cop-out for not admitting that they are really gay and it could be a transitional stage for someone who thought they were straight but is slowly discovering that they lean more to the other side.

Even if that was true it doesn't mean they're more likely to cheat, it means they're more likely to find that they don't love the person anymore or don't want to be with them. Then they can break up, choosing to cheat is a totally different thing not based on sexuality but the person's personality. Finding they don't love them or that they like a different sex is not their choice, cheating is.

Dec 6, 2013 6:07 PM

fapstud6969 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
what in the actual

Accidents happen. I mean there you are carrying a sack of oranges, and they just fall right out of your arms, you misjudge the distance while trying to grab them, head over hills right over the railing. It so tragic. Happens to reporters in Moscow all the time.

Dec 6, 2013 6:09 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Then they can break up, choosing to cheat is a totally different thing not based on sexuality but the person's personality. Finding they don't love them or that they like a different sex is not their choice, cheating is.
RedArmyShogun said:
fapstud6969 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
what in the actual

Accidents happen. I mean there you are carrying a sack of oranges, and they just fall right out of your arms, you misjudge the distance while trying to grab them, head over hills right over the railing. It so tragic. Happens to reporters in Moscow all the time.
how does that have anything to do with dis

Dec 6, 2013 6:10 PM

RedArmyShogun said:
fapstud6969 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
what in the actual

I like this guy.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.

Dec 6, 2013 6:11 PM

fapstud6969 said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Then they can break up, choosing to cheat is a totally different thing not based on sexuality but the person's personality. Finding they don't love them or that they like a different sex is not their choice, cheating is.
RedArmyShogun said:
fapstud6969 said:
RedArmyShogun said:
what in the actual

how does that have anything to do with dis

Accidents happen, people that do bad things get bad karma, I mean it is just the nature of the world when I make death look like accident..by that I mean, oh bloody hell you know too much now. Would you like a cup of tea?

Deserada said:
I like this guy.

I know not what you speak of I am as loyal as any Yandere/yangeri.

Dec 6, 2013 6:12 PM

RedArmyShogun said:
Would you like a cup of tea?

no thx teas pretty nast

Dec 6, 2013 6:12 PM
No, I would love to have a threesome.

Dec 6, 2013 6:13 PM

DrunkBaby said:
mal is a strange community

Dec 6, 2013 6:13 PM

IntroverTurtle said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:

Even if that was true it doesn't mean they're more likely to cheat, it means they're more likely to find that they don't love the person anymore or don't want to be with them. Then they can break up, choosing to cheat is a totally different thing not based on sexuality but the person's personality. Finding they don't love them or that they like a different sex is not their choice, cheating is.
If there's a greater odd of someone falling out of love with someone, then it simultaneously increases their chances of cheating on them. Love is one of the key factors of keeping a relationship together, and when a relationship falls out, it's either dump or cheat then dump, and when the odds of a relationship falling out increase, so do both of those options of closing out a relationship.

It just depends on the person in question whether or not they choose to break up or they choose to cheat then break up.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

Dec 6, 2013 6:14 PM

fapstud6969 said:
DrunkBaby said:
mal is a strange community
No I'm fairly sure that's normal behavior.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕

Dec 6, 2013 6:14 PM

I think most of the "arguments" of the people who said they would mind could be summarised as "I'm really insecure".
Makomonogatari said:
lupadim said:
And the best part is that no one can prove it wrong
The best part is that you somehow actually exist.

Dec 6, 2013 6:15 PM

Korrvo said:
IntroverTurtle said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Slyr3do0n said:
Red_Keys said:
Tsundere-lover said:

If there's a greater odd of someone falling out of love with someone, then it simultaneously increases their chances of cheating on them. Love is one of the key factors of keeping a relationship together, and when a relationship falls out, it's either dump or cheat then dump, and when the odds of love falling out increase, so do both of those options of closing out a relationship.

It just depends on the person in question whether or not they choose to break up or they choose to cheat then break up.
Ummm I wouldn't say that. I'm still standing with Introverturtle. Cheating is not a decision affected by your sexuality, but rather by your personality. If you cheat, youre a jerk. If you're gay, you may or may not be a jerk. Your sexuality doesn't determine how you treat others. Merely determines what sex(es) you are interested in.

Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »