Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Dec 5, 2013 3:37 PM

Jun 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Rip in pip nick you were a git.

Seems like the MP killed Nick off, and Christa's mom was a total cunt.
FastnessofWheelsDec 5, 2013 3:45 PM
Dec 5, 2013 4:31 PM

Apr 2011
Christa's mother wanted to kill her, from what I could gather from the Chinese translation with my two years of Chinese. I think she grew up mostly with her grandparents?
Dec 5, 2013 4:53 PM

Jun 2012
Loli Historia was cute.
Dec 5, 2013 7:14 PM

Oct 2013
AOT chapter 52 raw small translation.

Levi starts out by admonishing the new squad kids about missing a dirty spot during cleaning

Armin describes the plan to take back Wall Maria in just one day via using Eren's own summoning ability as a means to use Titans themselves as the temporary(?) hole blockade

Hanji says she wants to start experimenting with Eren's ability immediately, but that she wants to spend some more time on it - so Eren should remain in hiding for a while longer because unknown internal dangers are still afoot. In fact, she says, Pastor Nick has been murdered.

We flashback to Hanji and Moblit being brought to Nick's body. The Military Police reps claim obliviousness, but Hanji questions why Nick's nails were even removed. After an intense conversation with the MP she concludes to Moblit that Nick was killed via interrogation/torture (Likely due to his connection with the secretive Wall Cult). She feels responsible for his death. TL;DR there are still human enemies within the walls.

Levi: "So now we have two choices. To move onward with our plan before we're stabbed in the back, or get rid of the stabbers first." Hanji: "Let's do both at once." Levi: "Erwin probably would've said the same thing…"

While the squad cooks dinner, Connie is upset at Ymir, but Krista/Historia defends her, saying that she understands Ymir's position.

At dinner Historia starts telling her life story. She was born in an affluent area near the north region within Wall Sina. She felt alone since childhood because her beautiful mother never really cared for her. And she was restricted to staying on the grounds of their ranch.

One day Historia attempted to hug her mother but was slapped away. Her "mother" then said, "If only I had…the courage to kill this creature…" (Yikes) Afterwards her mother left

Five years later, Historia met her father "Rod" (?) Renz. However he also claimed to have no relationship with Historia's mother and Historia herself. The other mysterious men with him then kill the mother, but before Historia is also murdered, Rod makes a deal with her, saying that she can live as long as she leaves the area and changes her name.
Dec 5, 2013 8:27 PM
Sep 2013
keragamming said:

We flashback to Hanji and Moblit being brought to Nick's body. The Military Police reps claim obliviousness, but Hanji questions why Nick's nails were even removed. After an intense conversation with the MP she concludes to Moblit that Nick was killed via interrogation/torture (Likely due to his connection with the secretive Wall Cult). She feels responsible for his death. TL;DR there are still human enemies within the walls.
There's definitely a conspiracy here. How did Nick fall into the custody of the MP (last we saw, he was with Levi), and what information did they receive about him to justify torturing him to death? Their feigning ignorance is another sign that their actions (and gag order) probably came from higher up. In fact, I think he may have been killed not in the process of meaningful interrogation, but to prevent meaningful interrogation; i.e. whoever's pulling the strings doesn't want him to spill any beans.
Dec 5, 2013 8:38 PM

Jan 2009
i guess Historia is a titan shape-shifter too
Dec 5, 2013 9:53 PM

Oct 2013
dxia said:
keragamming said:

There's definitely a conspiracy here. How did Nick fall into the custody of the MP (last we saw, he was with Levi), and what information did they receive about him to justify torturing him to death? Their feigning ignorance is another sign that their actions (and gag order) probably came from higher up. In fact, I think he may have been killed not in the process of meaningful interrogation, but to prevent meaningful interrogation; i.e. whoever's pulling the strings doesn't want him to spill any beans.

I was thinking same thing as well, there is a some higher ups in this. I don't think it's the king though....
Dec 5, 2013 9:57 PM

Oct 2013
j0x said:
i guess Historia is a titan shape-shifter too

Why would you say that? I'm 99.9% positive she's not a titan shifter, but she is definitely involve with the titan shifters forcefully or just coincidence.
Dec 6, 2013 10:42 AM

Nov 2013
How can people find the chinese translation before the raw(japanese) version...? I don't get it.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 6, 2013 11:40 AM

Mar 2013
Never actually thought Historia has such a sad experience when she was a little girl.
Dec 6, 2013 11:47 AM

Apr 2008
Historia's mom is basically Rosa Ushiromiya, both looks and personality-wise.

Also, RIP Nick-kun ;_;
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Dec 6, 2013 1:48 PM

Mar 2013
Here are the English translations: http://imgur.com/a/Kpvgt and http://imgur.com/a/kSw1s
Dec 6, 2013 2:16 PM

Jun 2011
The first part:
+ Break down for the future plans..
- too much talk/dialog..

The second part:
+ Historia's past..
- Fuck her mother.. she got what she deserved..

3/5
Dec 6, 2013 2:19 PM

Oct 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:
The first part:
- too much talk/dialog..

The second part:
+ Historia's past..

3/5

Same for me good chapter in all, So it looks like there are more titan shifters in the military then?
Dec 6, 2013 2:23 PM

Jul 2013
Now I conclude that Historia's mother was a total cunt and really deserved that death.

Meh, too much dialog. Come on, Isayama, simplify everything that they are talking about, would you? Or at least could have make Mikasa speak a little more -.- like "Eren, suck my dick. It's obligatory."

3.8/5
Dec 6, 2013 2:34 PM

Nov 2013
Historia's father was a such a dick.

And he's dressed like a beggar in the old Chaplin movies.
Dec 6, 2013 2:41 PM
Jul 2013
CamelliaBlossom said:
Here are the English translations: http://imgur.com/a/Kpvgt and http://imgur.com/a/kSw1s

Thank you for bringing it to us, sir or ma'am!

Finally, people, we can start conspiring again, since it's a chapter full of delicious info.

So yes, a shadowy organization is pretty much confirmed, possibly backing the wall cult or is actually the wall cult itself. I like how it is presented in SnK, unlike FMA (just making a comparison on the mutual aspect of a shadowy organization pulling the strings here, I love FMA for what it is), it's got this air of mystery around it, partially thanks to the atmosphere SnK has for it. It's still really interesting actually, since in the world of SnK, the only unrealistic aspects are the physics of the 3DMG and Titan Shifting, so the organization feels like an actual organization in real life, ha know, one of those groups you see I spy films and stuff.

Poor Historia, sucky ass childhood, sucky ass mother. Her father feels like a dick, but at least he saved her life.

And is it just me, or has the art gotten better? The consistency has gotten better for sure though.

And on a side note, I hope Isayama's new ending for SnK is a good one (read the thread by @antonn to know what I'm talking about).
Dec 6, 2013 2:48 PM

Feb 2011
http://i.imgur.com/mbm95Zo.jpg

Why the hell does Hanji have a censorship on her hands?
Dec 6, 2013 2:59 PM

Dec 2012
How it is that the Reiss found about Rhodes's illegitimate child 10 years after she had been born? Is it really connected to the Fall of Maria in 845. Pastor Nick was adamant that it would be Historia's right to reveal the secret behind the walls and/or the cult. If he wasn't right, then why he was killed. And why Historia - is the Reiss family currently out of legitimate heirs of something, that the pastor was so particular about her? What's in the north that threatens the Reiss status quo, when the affiliation could become known everywhere else (in the Citadel or the inland) as well?

Anyway, I enjoyed this chapter a lot, mostly because it shows the SL in a process of gathering info and choosing actions. Votes for the twin-sword attack - they don't have much options obviously, and I hope Hanji could fork out a stable knowledge out of Eren's new power.

Can't rid off the feeling that Grisha will come back into picture soon, especially if Erwin disappears from the scene for a while.

Anyway, still would wait for the official TL, but warm thanks for the translation and the earlier bullet points!
Dec 6, 2013 3:02 PM

Nov 2013
RainbowEater said:

If you have free time to ask stupid questions why don't you go kill some titans? We're busy here! o.O

Now seriously...
That was the inverse of Nami's past...sad...
and yeah since the last episode, and along with the specials the art has gotten much better.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Dec 6, 2013 3:21 PM

Nov 2013
OnePieceQ8 said:
The first part:
- too much talk/dialog..

The second part:
+ Historia's past..

3/5

No dude...you can't kill a woman like that.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 6, 2013 4:55 PM

Aug 2013
Seems like it's an exposition-heavy chapter, which is perfectly fine except that the story's progress continues to crawl at a snail's pace. I was pretty ambivalent towards Christa before, but her character is starting to grow on me. Why is it that the women in this manga are all so fascinating? Mikasa, Annie, Hanji, Ymir, and Christa all together form a pretty damn good lineup.

RainbowEater said:

Seems obvious that it was the scanlators' idea of a joke. I'm sure you can figure out what that joke was.
Dec 6, 2013 5:03 PM
Aug 2013
pkKodama said:

Too bad we are in 2013.
That fucker has no face expressions! He's like a robot programed to like you.
Dec 6, 2013 5:44 PM

Aug 2012
Holy dam that past of Historia, her mother deserved to die.
Dec 6, 2013 5:49 PM

Jul 2011
Well, Christa had a happy life until she meet Ymir
Dec 6, 2013 5:51 PM

Oct 2013
What do you guys think about the author changing the ending in attack on titan? http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/06-1/author-commands-on-changes-to-attack-on-titan-ending
Dec 6, 2013 5:54 PM

Jul 2011
keragamming said:
What do you guys think about the author changing the ending in attack on titan? http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2013/12/06-1/author-commands-on-changes-to-attack-on-titan-ending

That we have already a thread for it
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=700739
Dec 6, 2013 5:55 PM

Oct 2013
pralan said:
keragamming said:

That we have already a thread for it
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=700739

thnx didn't know... :)
Dec 6, 2013 8:33 PM

Sep 2013
So the wall cult knew about the possibility of Eren having the power to control other titans and tried to take custody of Eren at the court... but I don't think they control everything since they couldn't influence the supreme commander decision to give eren to the survey corps. or maybe he's alone in this and actually know nothing.

On the other hand we have the titan trio which are obviously fighting against them. which bring us to the question... is the Ape titan connected to the wall cult or is he alone?

edit:
other things worth mentioning in this chapter:
1- nick being a faithful to his belief and not reveling anything even after they ripped all his nails and torture him to death.
2- hanji testing eren power and make him acquire the hardening ability.
3- Eren comprehension skills is not that far from connie lol.
4- christa actually know nothing...
IshtaRinDec 6, 2013 8:49 PM
Dec 6, 2013 8:53 PM

Apr 2008
RainbowEater said:

It's an inside joke in 4chan's /a/ board. See other things like "pomf" and "abloobloobloo". These scans are full of trolling.

EDIT: so yes, I'm spoonfeeding.
gomennasaiDec 6, 2013 8:57 PM
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, this signature is unavailable in your region.
Dec 6, 2013 11:25 PM

Nov 2013
Dzeraph said:
pkKodama said:

Too bad we are in 2013.

huh...what? You mean... it's 2013 so It's ok to kill a woman...?
I hope you're not serious (눈▂눈)
― Saint Augustine
Dec 7, 2013 2:42 AM
Jul 2013
annie_leonheart said:
So the wall cult knew about the possibility of Eren having the power to control other titans and tried to take custody of Eren at the court... but I don't think they control everything since they couldn't influence the supreme commander decision to give eren to the survey corps. or maybe he's alone in this and actually know nothing.

On the other hand we have the titan trio which are obviously fighting against them. which bring us to the question... is the Ape titan connected to the wall cult or is he alone?

edit:
other things worth mentioning in this chapter:
1- nick being a faithful to his belief and not reveling anything even after they ripped all his nails and torture him to death.
2- hanji testing eren power and make him acquire the hardening ability.
3- Eren comprehension skills is not that far from connie lol.
4- christa actually know nothing...

I don't think that Nick is being tortured for his knowledge about the Cult.... I think he's being tortured for helping out the Scouting Legion, albeit not by much.

And. I don't think that they're testing Eren's diamondize ability, they're testing if Eren can command other Titans to do that.
Dec 7, 2013 3:42 AM

Aug 2013
pkKodama said:
OnePieceQ8 said:
The first part:
- too much talk/dialog..

The second part:
+ Historia's past..

3/5

That there textbook sexism

Nobody really deserves to die like that, but let's be honest her mother wasn't the nicest person around.

Yeah this chapter reveals some good info but it dragged on a little.
Lol'd a little at the start when Eren face palmed at Levi finding dirt.
Dec 7, 2013 4:39 AM

Sep 2013
Xinception said:

I don't think that Nick is being tortured for his knowledge about the Cult.... I think he's being tortured for helping out the Scouting Legion, albeit not by much.

And. I don't think that they're testing Eren's diamondize ability, they're testing if Eren can command other Titans to do that.

My bad I meant that he didn't betray his "new" comrades and reveal that he shared his knowledge, also I don't think they tortured him without trying to extract that exact amount of information he actually shared.... because depending on "how much" the scouting legion know they might have to silence them all.

Also if you went back and read what Armin/hanji said you will see that they want to test the hardening ability first, because Armin wants to seal wall maria using eren body... that's their number one priority for now.

they did mention eren ability to control titan but I don't think they can test it out without actual titians being around and this is hardly an option with them wanting to stay hidden.
Dec 7, 2013 6:12 AM

Oct 2013
Nick was ready to die at the top of the wall, no surprise that he preferred to die than to reveal his secrets and betray his friends. We don't know if he wanted to protect the Wallism or his new comrades however he died in a brave way after a really poor life (alchool addicted, his wife left him etc).
I don't like Historia's flashback. When I read it I thought immediately "OMG! Not another orphan mistreated from everybody! " I think that Isayama could do better than using such a cheap cliché.

The potato girl is really a first class mademoiselle..... Look at her manneres at table, licking her bowl ! She's really funny, I like her!
Dec 7, 2013 6:22 AM

Oct 2013
I think that Hanji wants to test Eren's hardening ability.
Probably Eren has this power however I can't understand how he could seal the hole. The hole seems to be bigger then Eren.
Would't be easier to order the mindless titan to leave Wall Maria and than seal the hole
with normal brics?
Dec 7, 2013 7:12 AM
Aug 2013
pkKodama said:

No. I mean is not more or less OK to kill a woman than a man.
That fucker has no face expressions! He's like a robot programed to like you.
Dec 7, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2013
MikasaxEren said:
pkKodama said:
OnePieceQ8 said:
The first part:
- too much talk/dialog..

The second part:
+ Historia's past..

3/5

That there textbook sexism

Nobody really deserves to die like that, but let's be honest her mother wasn't the nicest person around.

Yeah this chapter reveals some good info but it dragged on a little.
Lol'd a little at the start when Eren face palmed at Levi finding dirt.

Dzeraph said:
pkKodama said:

No. I mean is not more or less OK to kill a woman than a man.

Sexism? I never said you could kill anything except for women, pay attention. And "Let's be honest"? You're not being honest you're being a low-life bastard. I don't get how people are hating like that, but I guess it's no surprise since there are people mind fucked enough to want an ending where everyone dies... my eyes hurt while reading these comments http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=700739
And don't try to argue with this or call me a fanboy. Whoever disagrees, you're just wrong, wake up!
― Saint Augustine
Dec 7, 2013 8:08 AM

Dec 2012
ryoko74 said:
Probably Eren has this power however I can't understand how he could seal the hole. The hole seems to be bigger then Eren.
Would't be easier to order the mindless titan to leave Wall Maria and than seal the hole
with normal brics?

It's not only bigger, the only assumption that Eren could have a hardening ability is based on the fact that human-titans share the ability to different degrees. The Armored titan, the FT, Ymir, and the wall-titans, have some connection with the crystallization, but Bert, Eren, and the Beast titan, as well as the ordinary and deviant classes - don't. It's not clear if the wall titans are literally Colossals like Bert, but then again, making a wall (or filling a gap in said wall) of human-titans could require more than the hardening ability.

The way I see it, currently, Eren is as good as commanding the mindless ones to move. This alone could help a squad to reach the basement safely. If the basement contains indeed important secrets or explains how the hardening ability works or how a human-titan could be walled in the gaps, then the recovery of Wall Maria could take place. That is, the basement is the key with what Eren can offer now, unless they experiment and discover something tying their goals together. Moreover, if Eren serves as a brick in the wall only, what happens after that?
Dec 7, 2013 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
For a manga that gets a monthly release the pacing is way too slow. I suppose the developments of Pastor Nick getting killed were interesting. But it was interesting 10 pages in, once it got to 20 pages I was like "OK, can we move on", then we get a flashback -_-. OK I'm not against a character getting backstory but the timing SUCKS. After half a chapter spent going on and on and on about the same subject, we get something entirely detached from current events. Funnily enough, I don't care for Historia and still don't. The overly dramatic tragic past did nothing for me

Monthly issue, with an ending nowhere in sight, so many questions still left unanswered, this chapter killed any anticipation I ever had for these manga issues
Dec 7, 2013 9:39 AM

Nov 2013
DarkCyclone said:
For a manga that gets a monthly release the pacing is way too slow. I suppose the developments of Pastor Nick getting killed were interesting. But it was interesting 10 pages in, once it got to 20 pages I was like "OK, can we move on", then we get a flashback -_-. OK I'm not against a character getting backstory but the timing SUCKS. After half a chapter spent going on and on and on about the same subject, we get something entirely detached from current events. Funnily enough, I don't care for Historia and still don't. The overly dramatic tragic past did nothing for me

Monthly issue, with an ending nowhere in sight, so many questions still left unanswered, this chapter killed any anticipation I ever had for these manga issues

Agree, Historia's past wasn't relevant and Armin just repeated the same thing. And yeah... a monthly issue.
― Saint Augustine
Dec 7, 2013 10:36 AM

Dec 2012
^ Someone already connected the black-haired MP guy with one of the Reiss killers :) Hilarity ensues.
Dec 7, 2013 10:50 AM

Oct 2013
DarkCyclone said:

All aboard the monthly suffering train.
Dec 7, 2013 12:48 PM

May 2013
What a horrible mom Christa had. She got what she deserved.
Dec 7, 2013 1:18 PM

Sep 2013
zellami said:
ryoko74 said:
with normal brics?

It's not only bigger, the only assumption that Eren could have a hardening ability is based on the fact that human-titans share the ability to different degrees. The Armored titan, the FT, Ymir, and the wall-titans, have some connection with the crystallization, but Bert, Eren, and the Beast titan, as well as the ordinary and deviant classes - don't. It's not clear if the wall titans are literally Colossals like Bert, but then again, making a wall (or filling a gap in said wall) of human-titans could require more than the hardening ability.

The way I see it, currently, Eren is as good as commanding the mindless ones to move. This alone could help a squad to reach the basement safely. If the basement contains indeed important secrets or explains how the hardening ability works or how a human-titan could be walled in the gaps, then the recovery of Wall Maria could take place. That is, the basement is the key with what Eren can offer now, unless they experiment and discover something tying their goals together. Moreover, if Eren serves as a brick in the wall only, what happens after that?

if you take a look at annie and her current form undeground you will see that the size and shape of her crystal is way bigger than her own mass, if we apply the same logic but with a titan body eren can actually fill the hole easily.
Dec 7, 2013 3:30 PM

May 2013
Damn, Historia had it rough when she was young, those words her mother said to her before she died must've had a huge impact on her, for a girl at such a young age. Loved this chapter c:
Dec 7, 2013 6:21 PM

May 2011
Well Pastor Nick dead and Historia's past. Her mom deserved that.

Too bad they has not been action bcause it was too slow.
Dec 7, 2013 9:47 PM

Aug 2012
Come on people, it's a transitional chapter.

Though I really wish we could have seen some experiments this time to keep some of last chapter's intrigue going..
Dec 8, 2013 6:03 AM
Jul 2018
chapter 52 just converted to english OnLine!!
Dec 8, 2013 6:31 AM

Oct 2013
Im really curious though,how are they planning to go outside the walls after finding the backstabbers?
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 13 Discussion

Nidhoeggr - May 15, 2011

21 by Steekira »»
Mar 27, 8:35 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 74 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

keragamming - Oct 6, 2015

132 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 17, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 72 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Ana - Aug 6, 2015

119 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 16, 9:19 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

peskylemur25 - May 2, 2015

127 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 5, 8:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.