Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Dec 6, 2013 3:44 PM
Apr 2013
Can't blame Shoko for selling out Haruto. Everything is messed up and she is ignorant of anything.

This show needs another cour. There's too much plot to compress in the remaining episodes.
Dec 6, 2013 3:47 PM

Jul 2008
ThangLong said:
It was a perfect PR move that led to even the students doubting their leaders.

Agree... but other than being a PR move, it certainly "proves" nothing. Also given the amount of sympathy and support that JIOR has elicited from the global population as a whole (heck, there are factions within Dorssia that are sympathetic to the extent that their goals could be mutually beneficial), it would take more than one clever PR move to get the whole-hearted reactions that result from it so quickly.

ThangLong said:
The action of ARUS president clearly shows that he was in cahoot with Dorssia and the Magius Council from the start.

Definitely possible, and given the way certain plot points have unfolded, it's most likely probable. I will give it to them that they played his actions out very well as potentially resulting from nothing more that terror and arrogance (even if it doesn't really fit the types of unveils favored by the show).

ThangLong said:
The event leading up and during the massacre is a logical progression that fits the standard of "anime logic."

I'll agree. If you accept the video, the resulting actions are incredibly hasty but they do make a certain sense that is within the normal suspension of disbelief required for a show like this. It's just what the video that is presented is something that is so far-fetched for the accepted reality within the show that it's pretty ridiculous (especially considering how distrusted the source of it is prior to it). That and just the general pacing for such a big turnaround... It gave shock factor this way, but it did it at the expense of the plot as a whole.

ThangLong said:
What S2 has done to Shouko up to now is truly a character destruction. Shouko was missing for half the time this season and when they finally got her back, she immediately did something "inexplicable" and now everyone is going after her head.

I said "inexplicable" in the sense that little screen time was allocated to her for people to sympathize with her character.

Agree with you 10000% on all of this. It really is a shame, because it works out that even when Valvrave does something right (the presentation and results of Marie's death and the impact it has on the characters), it also winds up doing something very wrong by neglecting other characters and plot threads that have just been left dangling. With the way this episode turned out, I'm kind of wondering what the entire purpose of the trip to Earth was. Couldn't the runes and Magius been introduced in a way that didn't end up neglecting so many characters and introducing an entire new plot arc that really added nothing to the existing one outside of the info dumps it provided :-/

ThangLong said:
One major difference is: the secret Shouko withheld from Haruto was not the sole reason why the entire nation was massacred. There are big lies and there are small lies. Shouko in her position as Prime Minister should have known about how her army is fighting so that she can plan for any contingencies that might happen. L-elf, whose sole focus is to use Valvrave's power to rescue his girlfriend and Haruto, who is afraid of showing himself as a "monster," both made an error in judgment of not telling Shouko, their Prime Minister, about it. They think they can just shoot away in their toys while forget one main reason Neo-Jior exists as a country is international sympathy and supports; and supports will be lost quickly when their secrets are out in the worst possible way with their PM acting like a deer in the headlights.

Very true... Unfortunately I get the feeling that a lot of it will be brushed over (the difference between the truths they both withheld, which you pointed out, being a big one). The only reason I can see that justifies the fuss that has been made over Shouko covering up the death of her father is so that she will have some kind of foundation for forgiving Haruto for his own omissions. Also, while it was believable for Haruto to try to cover it up out of fear for the impression that Shouko would have of him (not entirely unjustified, but still wrong), it really didn't ever make a lot of sense for L-Elf to do the same. Shouko confided in him and while that in and of itself doesn't call for any reciprocation of information, he seemed to take her wellbeing onto himself as a responsibility. After all, he needed JIOR to be functioning and independent as a country to be able to rescue Liselotte (or at least he believed this to be necessary). Keeping her in the dark about such a gigantic issue that you'd have to be beyond naïve to believe would be kept secret for any length of time NEVER MADE SENSE with his character.
Dec 6, 2013 3:59 PM

Jul 2008
ex_necross said:
Also the "world" didn't do a 180 in seconds, like I was saying. The only people who were duped were some of the citizens.

Exactly. Which is a pretty big thing in the Valvrave universe. Do you think JIOR would have even been recognized as a country to begin with if it wasn't for their overwhelming popularity with the masses? Their cause only had support because of the perception the general population has of it as a sympathetic underdog. The massive amount of social networking they bother showing also lends to the overall impression that public opinion is pretty darn important. After all, even the Magius knew that the way to really undermine the students' cause and destroy JIOR was to convict them in the court of public opinion. If you believe that the governments were in collusion to begin with (or that the President of ARUS is either a Magius or corrupt) along with the idea that public opinion ultimately means nothing, then the whole release of the video was unnecessary to begin with and the Magius could have resolved the issue with the President of ARUS alone.
killbethyDec 6, 2013 4:11 PM
Dec 6, 2013 4:27 PM

Feb 2011
That president is such an idiot , after they shot the first student they should've realised that they're only just a few of them who are holy spirits. Damn , this episode was chaotic.
Dec 6, 2013 4:42 PM
Jun 2013
As the saying goes: "Hindsight is 20/20."
However, I do understand the anger at Shouko, since we expect better from her, even just a little bit but she is too quick to send out Haruto, her best friend/long time love interest/closest thing to family she has left, to his death. She chose to trust the people who just massacred a shit ton of her people over this person because he kept some secrets should not be overlooked, especially when she's supposed to be a leader. I think it's the sense of disappointment mixed in that's why people are so hard on her.
While the Magius and Arus government are the obvious cause and perpetrators, we expect this from them, they are doing exactly what they're supposed to do. They are the bad guys after all.

And then there's Haruto, still being the same incompetent main character with a savior/martyr complex that always survives and pulls out amazing feats out of his ass from time to time. All by the sole virtue of being labeled the main character and by the graces of God, that is the writers. This episode again illustrates this fact. Stop muttering and stuttering and step up to the fuken plate man. For someone who's been in more than a couple life threatening situations and even "died" a few times, he is still incredibly naive and irresponsible. He seems to only care about how he wants things to be, how he wants things to go which is "I'm the savior, I will take care of everything, everyone just sit back and relax" but when push comes to shove he is completely incompetent.
Dec 6, 2013 5:16 PM
Jun 2013
God why are they all so stupid, so many misunderstandings could be cleared if they would just hear them out.

No instead of that lets ally our long time enemy to annihilate everybody, don't care about press and not conduct a deeper investigation, cuz maybe, just maybe this might have been setup by your enemies?
Dec 6, 2013 5:17 PM
Oct 2010
Did anyone notice this episode discussion has about double the amount of posts any other has this season?
Dec 6, 2013 5:41 PM

Dec 2011
skudoops said:
Did anyone notice this episode discussion has about double the amount of posts any other has this season?

I posted like 10 times yesterday lol.
Dec 6, 2013 5:43 PM
Dec 2011
Watching this episode made me want to punch my monitor 20+ times. The amount of ignorance and plot holes is laughable and ridiculous.
L-elf, please come back and lead these mindless buffoons with your almighty leadership to save the day, while Haruto sulks in a corner for being betrayed by Shoko.
Dec 6, 2013 6:03 PM
Aug 2012
What the fuck did i just watched? ! so brutal this is clearly trap! when the battle is done i open the module 77 will make a videos for the people who dies their bodies so it will show that they are all not monster! they become monster to protect the student the people of module 77 and the other, and thatws not monster thats holy spirit! what the fuck!!!

the students acting on their own, the army killing such brutal way! what the fuck!

i'm hoping some come back and some tearjerking effect after the episode1 and how will they fight back !!!

GO HARUTO!!

and SEMPAAAAAAAAAI!!!! R.I.P ! You did your job well !
Dec 6, 2013 6:04 PM

Dec 2011
Phonoodleman said:
Watching this episode made me want to punch my monitor 20+ times. The amount of ignorance and plot holes is laughable and ridiculous.
L-elf, please come back and lead these mindless buffoons with your almighty leadership to save the day, while Haruto sulks in a corner for being betrayed by Shoko.

IDK man, Haruto sulking is a 50/50 chance. Remember the rape scene from last year. I was expecting him to sulk after that episode. But he actually manned up to the situation and tried taking responsibility by proposing to her.
Dec 6, 2013 6:22 PM
Aug 2012
i want to see how haruto and other destroyed ARIUS! my anger to arius fuel up , all along i know that ARIUS is enemy that president face? i knew it Fuck them all!and that magius they said thety will not do anything with humans and other if the magius are not concern on that problem, but i think that meeting don't have anything to do with magius they just forming a alliance the fuck!@ go die fucking magius!
Dec 6, 2013 6:38 PM
Jan 2012
Best episode this season imo. Been waiting for some crazy despair. Shouko... die.
Dec 6, 2013 6:39 PM
Apr 2013
Bloody hero's death. *salutes*

See you on the other side Inuzuka-senpai.

EDIT: Also now anticipating the release of that insert song. It was really really good.
WhaleKingDec 7, 2013 6:19 AM
Dec 6, 2013 6:47 PM

Jun 2013
i salute you Inuzuka, holy spirits not monsters. Sacrificing yourself for those backstabbers.
Dec 6, 2013 6:50 PM

Jun 2013
cobrabite757 said:
Best episode this season imo. Been waiting for some crazy despair. Shouko... die.

This one and episode 1 were like the best had a code geass feel to it.
Dec 6, 2013 7:20 PM
Oct 2013
UnbornMVs said:
That president is such an idiot , after they shot the first student they should've realised that they're only just a few of them who are holy spirits. Damn , this episode was chaotic.

Finally seeing someone posting about it. I was expecting them to stop shooting after the first guy was shot down. But hey, they are all bakemonos accdg. from the video stream so let's kill them all except the important characters.

Side Characters Genocide t_t
Dec 6, 2013 8:02 PM

Sep 2010
mbdsquad said:
UnbornMVs said:

Finally seeing someone posting about it. I was expecting them to stop shooting after the first guy was shot down. But hey, they are all bakemonos accdg. from the video stream so let's kill them all except the important characters.

ok this retardness has to stop

go back aaaaaaaall the way to the last episode of season 1, what do we see?
oh right the ARUS president is in a meeting with the Magius, who would have fucking thought.
its not like he is in cahoots with them, absolutely not, he was just having some tea and shit, playing some xbox i guess.
Dec 6, 2013 8:33 PM

Dec 2011
That was chaotic. So much "bakemono" in this episode, and they forgot that those bakemonos have been saving their asses all this time.
I hope L-elf return to his badass mode soon and Akira is the best girl <3
Dec 6, 2013 8:38 PM

Nov 2011
Wow, what a bloody mess. I don't even know where to start.

Cain really screwed them up good, like so good you want to rip his throat out.

Get your shit together, L-Elf. This people really really need you here.

Dec 6, 2013 9:20 PM
Feb 2012
Valvrave hurts me. in a good plot way. I don't particularly like the use of the word "trainwreck" to describe valvrave cuz it really isn't as much as it is like one of those insanely fast bullet trains in japan. The plot still goes forward, just very fast, cuz the first season was absolute shit compared to this season.
Dec 6, 2013 9:54 PM
Dec 2013
Holding a Diplomatic meeting while there is a QRF of ARUS soldiers waiting nearby. That ARUS president without doubt is with Dorsia way before the massacre.
Dec 6, 2013 10:26 PM
Oct 2010
Stacker2 said:
Holding a Diplomatic meeting while there is a QRF of ARUS soldiers waiting nearby. That ARUS president without doubt is with Dorsia way before the massacre.

Well we knew that since S1, remember they showed both of them at the council of 101(?)
Dec 6, 2013 11:14 PM

Aug 2013
with L-elf's fall, module 77's people came down too, with a bloodbath, oh God...

Too bad for Haruto, saving those people in exchange for his memories with shouko then she won't even lend an ear to him and most of all betrays him?! wtf!

This episode is too heavy... Deym Feels...
Dec 6, 2013 11:18 PM
Jul 2012
dayum dis ep
Dec 6, 2013 11:48 PM

Jul 2012
God, I couldn't help but laugh watching this episode. Sunrise you did it again. Valvrave/10

Pls tell me that the ARUS president is magius, because that was the dumbest propaganda shit I've seen in anime for a while now. Like damn, you'd have to be an idiot to really kill off tons of kids just because of a video. You would think that in the future people have heard of video editing and would just blame it on that. tl;dr anime people are dumb
Dec 7, 2013 12:20 AM

May 2012
chibipaper said:
Wow shouko -.- I laughed hard when Arsus went back on their promise

I wish shouko and the people with her die in the end ugh

My thought exactly, I was hoping so much that they died right after shouko did that shit. This episode is so annoying in my opinion, especially that Inori girl, I face palmed for most of this episode.
Dec 7, 2013 12:28 AM

May 2012
GateLambda said:
niaxato said:
Lol, everyone falls for the Dorassian trap no questions asked, then calmly go about killing all the students. Righhhhhht.

Way to sell out Haruto, Shouko. Oh well, hopefully this severs all ties between the two and leaves a clear Saki/Haruto end.(Although I am still kinda hoping Saki join's Cain's side just to really throw everything into chaos.)

Hmmm, Haruto just said that he will continue on loving Shouko before senpai died.
Which I hope it's just bs to let his friend go at peace ... because that bitch sold him straight up, what up?

Yeah I think he said that because he knew his senpai was going to die. Anyway he should be with Saki, did everyone forget what he did to her? I didn't like Shouko to begin with but now she is totally irredeemable as a character to me. Her reason for betraying Haruto was bad, just because he couldn't remember that time she betrayed him.
Dec 7, 2013 12:45 AM

May 2012
This episode was terrible in my opinion and here's why. The Jorians truly are

retarded if they believe propaganda or information from their enemies. The

characters were all annoying in their own ways, especially that Inori girl. I

mean if you know your friend is dead, why risk your life to save her? Also the

looks she was giving to others was just annoying in their own right. Lastly I will

mention Shouko, she has got to be the dumbest character in the show. I mean

she betrays her childhood friend just because he couldn't remember

something that happened when they were kids. Its laughable this episode fails

hard. Also something I just thought about if Shouko is their president or

representative why the hell was she on the last ship, just too many

coincidences.
Dec 7, 2013 1:09 AM

Apr 2011
Fuck Shouko
Fuck the 101
Fuck Haruto

Akira is best girl.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Dec 7, 2013 1:34 AM

Jan 2010
what the.... L-elf is useless i thought he starting to build a plan,

i feel sad for inuzuka, i hope he's still alive ( because he's a immortal )

i can see on the next few episode that the comrade of L-elf/dorsian army a-drei and others will join forces to haruto, dorsian and arus is already merge, next the comrade of l-elf will move.

a-drei x rukino i hope...

and haruto is starting to lose a life ( starting to forgot some of his memory )
shast007Dec 7, 2013 1:37 AM
Dec 7, 2013 1:49 AM

Jan 2010
unknown episode. but finish airing at December 27 2013, i hope valvarve have many episode
Dec 7, 2013 2:04 AM

Jan 2013
I don't even watch the show, but I do enjoy the pain of the fans.
Dec 7, 2013 3:32 AM

Oct 2009
Now that's the Sunrise I love! Shoko was pretty disappointing, I can understand not trusting them but believing and giving yourself up to the people who just massacred everyone, really?

R.I.P Inuzuka, though aren't they immortal? Maybe not when the whole body is destroyed.
AozureDec 7, 2013 3:37 AM
Dec 7, 2013 3:44 AM

Jun 2013
I can only hope that Sunrise's Q1 2014 mecha anime "Buddy Complex" turns out this good. Sadly it seems very lighthearted, but maybe they will surprise us.
Dec 7, 2013 5:14 AM
Feb 2013
Oh the curelty, RIP to most of the students especially for sempai.
Dec 7, 2013 5:41 AM

Jul 2010
JEWBRO SACRIFICED FOR YOUR SINS SUNRISE

Frontalbrise said:
I don't even watch the show, but I do enjoy the pain of the fans.

^
Dec 7, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2012
Everything is falling apart AGAIN!

Great episode!!!
Dec 7, 2013 8:23 AM
Mar 2008
Thank God, this show is fun again with its random shit.
Dec 7, 2013 9:01 AM

Jun 2012
"This is the human nature"
Oh, and I'm starting to break through the suspension of my disbelief. I hope they aren't going to pull this kind of travesty any time soon. Holy shit.....

Btw, stop calling these people bitches and whatnot. If you have any empathy, you would understand and feel for them. So much preassure and so much corruption. And worst of all, so many misunderstandings. Not exactly good writing, but a great look at the human behaviour at it's lowest point.
Welcome to club: Anime that Should Continue
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=37045
Dec 7, 2013 10:31 AM
Sep 2009
Lols almost everyone went cahoots~ Hook, line, and sinker.

Being a student ain't an excuse. I don't even need to be L-elf's to figure out what's going on.
They were all too dependent on L-elf that they all forgot how to think.
Instead of thinking of something, they all went doubting each other...

I really feel pity for Saki there.
Next up, Adrei (that's adrei right?) and Saki will most likely escape and get to the bottom it.
Dec 7, 2013 10:54 AM

Oct 2011
Senpai died protecting them T_______T Thunder cries for him TwT
Haruto still loves Shoko!!!!

I hate the President of ARIUS !!!!! Only the Valvrave pilots are immortal. Not the other students. I knew he wouldn't save them. I hope he dies.
Dec 7, 2013 11:00 AM

Jun 2013
And this is how you use media to manipulate the dumb masses!

Here we have the perfect example of the ugly human nature at its best. When real sh*t hits the fan the lines get blurred, "friends" abandon you and the blame is passed around like a soccer ball.

PS: Shoko finally showed her true colors of a hysterical and whiny little b*tch. She's absolutely not worthy of any feelings Haruto has for her. He's forgetting about Shoko? Good, the sooner he forgets the better.
Tengoku_no_hakaiDec 7, 2013 11:51 AM
Dec 7, 2013 12:47 PM

Oct 2011
Don't the ARUS realize the people they've killed didn't come back to life??

Don't Shoko and the other b*tch know for a fact that they are still considered monsters by the world, and there's no way they'd be saved?? It's a typical situation.

On the other hand, our hero Inuzuka!!!!!!!!
Signature
Dec 7, 2013 1:56 PM

Feb 2013
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

WHAT DAMN FELL!!!!!!
Dec 7, 2013 4:10 PM

Aug 2007
While this was an awesome episode because of the huge, really interesting change in the plot, a few things really pissed me off:

1) Obviously not all the students are immortal. The first one they killed stayed dead. Why didn't that lead them to question if they were doing the right thing? Why did they automatically believe everything Dorssia claimed just because of the video with Rukino dying and returning to life? For all they knew that could have been faked. Or even if not, all it could have meant is that all of the pilots were immortal, not everybody.

2) Why didn't Haruto come out and tell them that that wasn't their ship and that they stole it from Dorssia? For fuck's sake, he said NOTHING, and just stood there like a dumbass, not offering to explain anything or to try to clarify the situation. He just accepted all the falsities. This is something that really bothers me about his character, he has all the answers needed to clarify things, but he never wants to say anything. It's his fault things escalated and everyone died, through his inaction.

3) Similar problem as 2), why didn't he tell Shoko "I can explain everything, hear me out", and give her a quick run-down of what was going on? Why did he remain quiet? UGH!!!

I hate it when misunderstandings just get let go by all the characters and no one even tries to fix them.

Otherwise though, great episode with great tension. Can't wait for next week.
Dec 7, 2013 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
Its kinda entertaining how much hate this episode is getting in both Japan and the west.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Dec 7, 2013 5:34 PM
May 2013
DarkMind said:
Btw, stop calling these people bitches and whatnot. If you have any empathy, you would understand and feel for them.

Sadly the large majority of MAL have very little to zero empathy.
Dec 7, 2013 5:51 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah flashbacks to Geass and the Euhpemia massacre.

But holy shit didn't expect so many deaths like that. If Shouko wasn't a moron and invited all the media and such there.

They are pure idiots without L-Elf. Why would they bring the Phantom there. They set themselves up.

The only hope is if L-Elf's former friends switch sides with some kind of evidence, but even then how would they do that at this point. The Royalist Dorssians are done too.

Haruto should have settled things before that stupid conference.

Shoko goes mega bitch and Haruto starts losing his memories. They sell out Haruto and L-Elf.....

And Inuzuka died like a boss :(.

As if the odds couldn't have gotten worse at this point they are down to 3 active Valvraves.

I'll be vastly disappointed if Shoko doesn't die by the end of this.
Dec 7, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
ARUS just killed a bunch of kids after seeing what amounts to a news broadcast by their enemy?... I assume the council of 101 is in charge there too.

Shoko, what a bitch. You never trade one life for many. So much idiocy in this episode. It was still intense though.

VVV explode all pretty.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2013

474 by valoon »»
Nov 27, 2023 7:19 PM

» The Child's parent is (spoilers)

Renaultclio101 - Jan 9, 2014

40 by silenceblade »»
Sep 15, 2022 7:47 AM

» Is Kakumeiki Valvrave gonna have a 3rd season?

stanklem28 - Dec 21, 2013

14 by AnOnYmOuS__101 »»
Nov 9, 2021 12:52 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2013

128 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 29, 2021 8:48 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 24, 2013

142 by VirginAmirul »»
Mar 28, 2021 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.