Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 3, 2013 9:14 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Some heavy-end profiling going on by Lia Po, but has he made a mistake in shifting his focus to the endgame or has Wang Jian indeed paved the way for Old Meng's doom? On the eve of the last day, and it's anybody's guess what'll happen, or is it?

How far away are the Vice General battles, anyway? Will they be too far to lend a hand in the main stage? It's climax time.

Mod Edit: Fixed poll.
KinetaJun 7, 2022 10:37 AM
Dec 3, 2013 9:22 AM

May 2013
Time for everybody to heal up.
Dec 3, 2013 9:44 AM

Dec 2013
Hey guys i have been looking for the english sub but i couldn't find anywhere . Some of the websites only has the raw version . Any suggestions guys ?
Dec 3, 2013 10:21 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah I dunno if the White Elder will make it out of this one, too many death flags. It could it be huge if Wang Jian stays isolated on that castle, a lot will depend on what happens there. Hopefully Huan Qi will take advantage and take out Jifang and the rest of the defense. It will be really interesting to see how this plays out, with Lian Po and Lun Hu both in the mix. Even if Lian Po is slain, I can't see both of them dying.. I wonder how many episodes the final day will be, though.

Also, did anyone else love the paralelling moments with Zheng/Xiang and Xin/Qiang Lei healing each other's scars?

animeanime2412 said:
Hey guys i have been looking for the english sub but i couldn't find anywhere . Some of the websites only has the raw version . Any suggestions guys ?
Anime-Destiny, though it's up on nyaa if you torrent. If not I'm sure animefreak has it up by now.
AlexTheRiotDec 3, 2013 10:26 AM
Dec 3, 2013 10:29 AM

Jun 2008
I wonder if Wang Jian really just protected himself letting the old man exposed. Also what about the other crazy dude? He doesn't seem like the kind of guy that will stand by anyone's side if it's too bad for him ether.
Could it be that the old man has to rely on our youngsters?

Also i don't get how Wang Jian is supposedly safe there. If the main army gets defeated while he stays there then he will just be left alone in an enemy territory. No matter how good his little fortress is he will be trapped like a mouse.

Btw i think Lian Po will find the White Elder to be less mediocre than he thought. The old man is probably gonna give a big strong fight coming next day.
MonadDec 3, 2013 10:34 AM
Dec 3, 2013 3:27 PM

Mar 2012
What a selfish general, Wang Jian. Abandoning his position because he can't take a tiny risk. Now the left side is totally open and Lian Po walks straight through into the Old man's HQ.
Dec 3, 2013 6:28 PM

Apr 2010
LOL.

Just wait and see.
Dec 3, 2013 6:52 PM

Jun 2013
Love the poll. 6 of 5 - lol

Seems that Qin has many advantages related to the overall terrain. This seems strange to me - isn't this Wei territory? Wouldn't Wei be more familiar with the natural fortifications or is it a result of Lian Po leading the army?
Dec 3, 2013 9:35 PM

Mar 2008
razorwire said:
Seems that Qin has many advantages related to the overall terrain. This seems strange to me - isn't this Wei territory? Wouldn't Wei be more familiar with the natural fortifications or is it a result of Lian Po leading the army?
While it's likely just for convenience/story purposes, we could suppose that they're fighting in an 'out of the way' territory; rarely travelled, and likely with no inhabitants. Few would have intimate familiarity with the topography of the 'countryside', and armies would have to rely on local knowledge or pre-existing maps that would themselves likely be rare, inaccurate and/or poorly detailed.

Also, even if it's 'Wei' territory, 'borders' in these times were usually less 'strict' in respect to modern states. Territory would be based off settlement allegiances and natural boundaries; they wouldn't necessarily be highly associated/loyal/connected to the "State" proper.
CkanDec 3, 2013 9:40 PM
Dec 3, 2013 10:47 PM

Jun 2008
Ckan said:
razorwire said:
While it's likely just for convenience/story purposes, we could suppose that they're fighting in an 'out of the way' territory; rarely travelled, and likely with no inhabitants. Few would have intimate familiarity with the topography of the 'countryside', and armies would have to rely on local knowledge or pre-existing maps that would themselves likely be rare, inaccurate and/or poorly detailed.

Also, even if it's 'Wei' territory, 'borders' in these times were usually less 'strict' in respect to modern states. Territory would be based off settlement allegiances and natural boundaries; they wouldn't necessarily be highly associated/loyal/connected to the "State" proper.

Actually you are just assuming too much. If we go back a few episodes when Lian Po first arrived at the area we see the two vice-generals of The White Elder had arrived earlier than expected and took over important ground areas. Lian Po saw it and said "i'll give you a passing grade for now". Also i assume since they arrived there first they made their ground reconnaissance.
Dec 3, 2013 10:58 PM

Mar 2008
Monad said:
Actually you are just assuming too much. If we go back a few episodes when Lian Po first arrived at the area we see the two vice-generals of The White Elder had arrived earlier than expected and took over important ground areas. Lian Po saw it and said "i'll give you a passing grade for now". Also i assume since they arrived there first they made their ground reconnaissance.
What you're saying is all true, but I'm assuming that razorwire was asking why the Wei forces didn't know of the ground that was turned into a 'natural fortress' by Wang Jian.
Of course, Wang Jian would only know of it because of the reasons you just gave: taking possession first, and reconnaissance.
Dec 4, 2013 2:14 AM

Nov 2011
Great pacing between this ep and the last, i was hoping to see Lian Po in action but i'll wait patiently. I really wonder if tomorrow will be the last day, seems like the arc started last ep.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 5, 2013 6:51 AM

Oct 2008
Wang Jian doesn't fight battles he doesn't know he can win. I assume that goes for the overall battle as well. He would have retreated all the way back home if he didn't have something up his sleeve. That's the sense I get. And I'm not sure he really benefits from allowing the White Elder to die. It seems he feels he needs talent to take the throne not a promotion.
Dec 5, 2013 2:18 PM

Aug 2008
Great episode. Poor Bi got used and tossed. Lets see if he come back to the fight. What if Wang Jian has Bi figured out and knows he will come back to the fight? That way He can have the surrounding enemy flanked. BTW does anyone know what CH of the manga this corresponds with?
Woot!
Dec 6, 2013 8:27 AM

Nov 2010
I know it's kind of late of me to say this, but one of the obviously good, no, great points about this series is that they don't merely focus on Xin's development in the battlefield, but they also pay attention to Zheng's political 'battlefield' (even though Zheng and his matters haven't been mentioned since a while). And it goes without saying that it's also superb how the tactics, the story development in general, and the other characters are handled respectively.

Speaking of the other characters, apparently even Lian Po admits that Wang Jian is no mere vice-general (Well, he kind of dismissed him as 'boring' at some point though) and I know it may sound out of place but when Meng Tian said that his grandfather became unusually reckless, I couldn't help but think that it must have been Xin's influence back when he befriended him XD let's just pray that Xin was a 'good' influence on our dear White Elder.

On a side fangirling point (which you should probably ignore), I don't really know whither I am actually in love with Jian Yan or am I merely admiring his silky hair and long eyelashes XD Zheng and Wang Ben destroyed the 'sexy' meter this episode, and the Zheng/Xiang and Xin/Qiang Lei ships are the best this season hands down.

By the way, did anyone notice how handsome Bi have became compared to how he was back in the first season? No? Then never mind...
"Hateful feelings. Hurtful feelings. Unforgivable feelings.
To face one's own feelings is akin to throwing oneself into a bottomless pit, or setting sail on an endless sea.
You must not look there. You must not think about it. Though you search your soul on the dark, heaving waves, you must never look in that place." - Kusuriuri
Dec 6, 2013 7:39 PM

Mar 2012
rika713 said:
I know it's kind of late of me to say this, but one of the obviously good, no, great points about this series is that they don't merely focus on Xin's development in the battlefield, but they also pay attention to Zheng's political 'battlefield' (even though Zheng and his matters haven't been mentioned since a while).

By the way, did anyone notice how handsome Bi have became compared to how he was back in the first season? No? Then never mind...

That is what i love about kingdom. Even though Xin is the MC, this story is about the Kingdom overall.

Don't remind me about season one CGI Bi, oh god. With the increasing popularity of this series, I hope the studio can finally get enough budget to upgrade to new CGI or be done with it completely.
Dec 7, 2013 6:15 AM

Nov 2011
Whats up with the poll XD

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 7, 2013 6:20 AM

Mar 2008
rika713 said:
I know it's kind of late of me to say this, but one of the obviously good, no, great points about this series is that they don't merely focus on Xin's development in the battlefield, but they also pay attention to Zheng's political 'battlefield' (even though Zheng and his matters haven't been mentioned since a while). And it goes without saying that it's also superb how the tactics, the story development in general, and the other characters are handled respectively.
Well the political scheming and grand strategy has been one of the weaker parts of Kingdom imo (perhaps the manga handles it better), but it is nice that it's present and addressed satisfactorily, nevertheless.

Zee530 said:
Whats up with the poll XD
I don't know what under Heaven you're on about.
CkanDec 7, 2013 6:25 AM
Dec 8, 2013 11:50 PM

Mar 2012
Ckan said:
rika713 said:
Well the political scheming and grand strategy has been one of the weaker parts of Kingdom imo (perhaps the manga handles it better), but it is nice that it's present and addressed satisfactorily, nevertheless.

Yea, it is lot better in the manga. IF you have not read all of the manga chapter for all the aired episode, then you are seriously missing out. The medicore season 1 had actually cut out many important scene and even entire political arch.
Jun 22, 2014 11:26 AM

Mar 2010
I'm surprised all those injuries received haven't crippled everyone.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 28, 2014 4:06 PM

Jun 2012
The calm before the storm. This will probably be the biggest battle this season. Hopefully after this war ends we get to follow Ying Zheng or Liao Diao for the remaining episodes. And yes my ship is not only alive but its progressing so far. XiangXZheng ftw!
Aug 6, 2015 8:07 PM

Jul 2008
I don't think this is going to end well.
Nov 3, 2017 6:17 PM
Mar 2017
¿¿Anta baka?? ._.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 23, 2019 5:59 AM

Jul 2015
Lmao the poll

rather calm episode, which means the coming episodes will have some great battles..I hope.

Jul 16, 2019 8:12 AM

Feb 2013
I was afraid her injuries would be worse, it seems she's better now.
Jan 24, 2022 5:31 AM

Dec 2007
an important build-up episode.

i wonder if quaq li were injured in important organ that caused her to sleep in shin's tent, you guys know what i'm talking about.
Nov 4, 2022 5:22 PM

Jul 2013
What they didn't know is that Wang Jian has dug a tunnel out of that fortress. It's another "I've outsmarted your outsmarting" lol
Dec 28, 2023 10:33 AM
Aug 2022
:'( ma gal is wife material

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 18 Discussion

babymilo91 - Oct 7, 2013

26 by EMK3407 »»
Mar 8, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zee530 - Jun 9, 2013

62 by JordansBored »»
Feb 19, 5:05 AM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 21 Discussion

Andyis - Oct 28, 2013

41 by Adr332 »»
Feb 10, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 14 Discussion

KiraYoshikage - Sep 7, 2013

42 by GakutoDeathGlare »»
Jan 29, 9:35 PM

Poll: » Kingdom 2nd Season Episode 30 Discussion

Bleachway - Dec 29, 2013

41 by Yukissionator »»
Jan 19, 1:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.