Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
actually, do you prefer log horizon to sword art online?
Nov 30, 2013 1:35 PM

Oct 2013
i was just wonder about this, because for my part, actually i prefer really log horizon, not really because its new or whatever, i think it is a little bit more realistic that sword art online because the guys didnt get any OP skill like sword art online, and the story seem better at the moment,

p.s so im just curious about your opinion on it
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 30, 2013 1:38 PM

Sep 2011
yes, but i think SAO is a horribly written mess while i think log horizon is just a generic fantasy story with a video game cover so i really dont like either, though SAO is downright bad while log horizon feels mediocre

Also dont make VS threads

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 30, 2013 1:48 PM

Apr 2010
No point in comparing the two.
One is actually about a MMORPG world. The other is a NTR soap opera.
Nov 30, 2013 1:54 PM

Nov 2013
Log Horizon is way better so far
Nov 30, 2013 2:11 PM

Oct 2013
JizzyHitler said:
yes, but i think SAO is a horribly written mess while i think log horizon is just a generic fantasy story with a video game cover so i really dont like either, though SAO is downright bad while log horizon feels mediocre

Also dont make VS threads

first time im making a thread, so i cant made a poll vs (insert anime?)

antonn said:
No point in comparing the two.

well im not saying they are exactly the same but the concept is about to be stuck in a game, yeah some aspect are different im agree
Nov 30, 2013 2:14 PM
Sep 2013
There's no contest at all. SAO is shit
The end is nigh

Nov 30, 2013 2:20 PM
May 2013
While Log Horizon isn't amazing it's still much better than SAO with all of its fanservice incest tentacle bullshit.
Nov 30, 2013 2:44 PM

Oct 2009
Both are nice, but I have yet to find a legitimate tentacle scene in LH.
It would be better if they did.
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Nov 30, 2013 2:47 PM

Feb 2013
You can't compare those two, in first place Log Horizon didn't end, but if we are talking about the first 9 episodes only im 100% Sword Art Online was a lot better.
Nov 30, 2013 2:50 PM
Mar 2012
I think it's unfair to compare the two just because they are the most recent anime series of the gaming genre. Both are mediocre adaptions of the original light novels, but LH is somewhat better adapted. SAO anime skips around too much because there is too much information to put in just a little over 20 episodes, making the execution of the plot worse than what one would expect. It would have been much better if it had 50 episodes so that it would have more development. (The novels do show the struggles Kirito faced in order to become OP as he was near the end of the Aincrad arc. The anime just happened to skip two years of his endeavors.) LH has a more linear plot, allowing the anime to better adapt the series. LH does have worse animations than SAO, but it is fitting since it's a more lighthearted series.

We also know the subgenre style each series is going towards. LH was created by the same person who made Maoyuu. That means we know that LH will take the strategist route, hence the character of Shiroe. The creator of SAO was also the creator of Accel World. His style goes for more action with a fallible and flawed main protagonist, hence the emotionally unstable Kirito (though the anime failed to show that).

In my honest opinion SAO (light novel) is one of the best series I have ever experienced due to how expansive it is with really intricate plots that makes one stop and think, but anime just didn't cut it for me. LH in my opinion was just much easier to adapt into an anime because of its simplicity and no need to delve deeper into the plot to understand it. Final decision: Sword Art Online because it was never specified though may be implied that it had to be the anime adaption.
Nov 30, 2013 2:57 PM

Jul 2013
just because there both MMOs doesntt really mean they are very similar.
Nov 30, 2013 3:07 PM

Mar 2013
Yes never understood why people like SAO so much frist half was mediocre and the second half was complete and utter garbage.

And the SOA light novels bored to death as well only managed to get up to about half way though the Mother's Rosario arc before I dropped it out of boredom.

LH novels on the other hand I loved all the charactors(crusty and Kanami are my favs)and world building was also very good.
NewhopesNov 30, 2013 4:55 PM

Nov 30, 2013 3:32 PM
Feb 2012
Why do people still talk about this? I mean there were many post and questions like this in the past. There is no need to start new topics... :/
Nov 30, 2013 3:35 PM

Sep 2011
Crimmys said:
just because there both MMOs doesntt really mean they are very similar.
you guys do realize the premises are nearly identical right? They have different execution but there are very apparent similarities

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 30, 2013 3:40 PM

Oct 2013
alexpte said:
I think it's unfair to compare the two just because they are the most recent anime series of the gaming genre. Both are mediocre adaptions of the original light novels, but LH is somewhat better adapted. SAO anime skips around too much because there is too much information to put in just a little over 20 episodes, making the execution of the plot worse than what one would expect. It would have been much better if it had 50 episodes so that it would have more development. (The novels do show the struggles Kirito faced in order to become OP as he was near the end of the Aincrad arc. The anime just happened to skip two years of his endeavors.) LH has a more linear plot, allowing the anime to better adapt the series. LH does have worse animations than SAO, but it is fitting since it's a more lighthearted series.

We also know the subgenre style each series is going towards. LH was created by the same person who made Maoyuu. That means we know that LH will take the strategist route, hence the character of Shiroe. The creator of SAO was also the creator of Accel World. His style goes for more action with a fallible and flawed main protagonist, hence the emotionally unstable Kirito (though the anime failed to show that).

In my honest opinion SAO (light novel) is one of the best series I have ever experienced due to how expansive it is with really intricate plots that makes one stop and think, but anime just didn't cut it for me. LH in my opinion was just much easier to adapt into an anime because of its simplicity and no need to delve deeper into the plot to understand it. Final decision: Sword Art Online because it was never specified though may be implied that it had to be the anime adaption.

aw i see, i dont read light novel because my english is not enough good(im ok with manga though) since the staff in french is just not enough to translate these LN, so but yeah i was mainly speaking from a anime point, because i never checked LN,

p.s anyway LN are too much boring:( haha i guess im really a anime fan and i can support to read some manga if the anime was really awesome
Nov 30, 2013 3:44 PM

Jul 2013
log horizon's more "realistic" in the sense that it more accurately represents an mmo and focuses on the diplomatic and social aspect of an mmo rather than some overpowered kid who just destroys everything and makes some meaningless friends and one lover.

however both have their merits. sao's battles were nice to look at anyway.
hihi~ 안녕하세요~ こんにちは~
Nov 30, 2013 4:44 PM

Mar 2011
Log horizon is much better(LN/Anime "IMHO")
SAO is just about kirito being broken both in games and girls (peace sao fans)

Log horizon on the other hand focus is not just on shiroe but all the log horizon and the ex DTP member + the round council
There's really no harem on this series xcept the obvious harem guild(jk guild lol) and the one w/ shiroe(akatsuki, Minori, Nureha... henrietta back out already t.t)(and shiroe is not interested w/ middle school girls...lol jk poor akatsuki)

Then there's a thing about Log being a one game/world only
and yeah liek the others say log approach is more realistic compare to SAO

Nov 30, 2013 4:53 PM

Mar 2013
ricardo241 said:
Log horizon is much better(LN/Anime "IMHO")
SAO is just about kirito being broken both in games and girls (peace sao fans)

Log horizon on the other hand focus is not just on shiroe but all the log horizon and the ex DTP member + the round council
There's really no harem on this series xcept the obvious harem guild(jk guild lol) and the one w/ shiroe(akatsuki, Minori, Nureha... henrietta back out already t.t)(and shiroe is not interested w/ middle school girls...lol jk poor akatsuki)

Then there's a thing about Log being a one game/world only
and yeah liek the others say log approach is more realistic compare to SAO

The harem starts later about volume 5-6....

Nov 30, 2013 4:57 PM

Dec 2011
Both stories are completely different, but I definitely prefer LH.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 5:06 PM
Jul 2018
Not yet. Both are very average but SAO was better on some superficial levels at least.
Nov 30, 2013 5:31 PM

Jul 2008
SAO nove­l > Log Horizon anime > SAO anime

I haven't read Log Horizon's novel so I can't place it and SAO's novel really shine for it's latter arcs while the anime did an horrible job adapting the novels.
Nov 30, 2013 5:54 PM
Jul 2013
Both stories are different lol.

I prefer Log Horizon, because it has merchandising and stuff and you actually use your brain, but in SAO it's just

I just find this more interesting.
Nov 30, 2013 6:11 PM

Oct 2011
I prefer Log Horizon a lot more. At least, the anime adaptation that is.

SAO LN, unlike its adaptation, is very well-written and interesting.
I haven't read the LN for Log Horizon, so I can't really compare the two.

However, Log Horizon is quite light-hearted, and it has strategic element in it like Maoyuu. SAO is almost purely action, and dramatic. So, I may find myself read Log Horizon more.
Signature
Nov 30, 2013 6:41 PM

Jul 2010
Yes, of course. Not a single doubt about it, not even close as enjoyment and quality. SAO's music, animations and the first 6-7 episodes were really great. It's afterwards that becomes utterly trash.

antonn said:

I love you.
Nov 30, 2013 6:51 PM

Mar 2012
LH = Good with less action, Wizards exist.
SAO = Harem maker, being retarded, Wizards doeswn`t exist.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Nov 30, 2013 7:21 PM

Mar 2011
Newhopes said:
The harem starts later about volume 5-6....

I wouldn't really call it a harem(my standard)(if you're talking the one w/ shiroe)(and if it's really a harem on a normal standard... it's just three girls unliek SAO)

Nov 30, 2013 8:23 PM
Nov 2013
The SAO novels were better than Log Horizons.... But the Log Horizon anime is miles better than SAOs
Nov 30, 2013 8:59 PM

Mar 2012
Log Horizon is much better, able to make me think a bit. Sao was just action and harem.
Nov 30, 2013 9:50 PM

Dec 2012
Not at the moment. I like that Log Horizon actually incorporates MMORPG aspects but it lacks the element that makes me look forward to it every week, which SAO does.
Nov 30, 2013 11:04 PM

Jul 2012
I like both of them but I'm partial w/ the SAO light novels. LH is also a good read and takes a real dark (AND I MEAN DARK!) turn come volume 5. I say why take one if I can take both? As for the anime adaptaions so far LH is ahead by a fair margin only because their leaving almost nothing out. The SAO adaptation didn't really do justice to the story and Kirito became a mere shadow of his novel self. Shiroe, however, is actually in character for the most part w/c is great. Although I wonder if LH will have another season? Past volume 4 things get really intense (and it ups the tragedy/drama aspect by a lot). I hope they do it justice.
Nov 30, 2013 11:31 PM

Jan 2013
I definitely prefer SAO..

Maybe if the overused comedy in some episodes of Log Horizon wasn't so cringe worthy it would be a different story.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2013 12:02 AM

Aug 2012
Opinions Opinions everywhere -_- ,for me , both are nice.
Dec 1, 2013 12:03 AM

Jul 2013
SharifEbeefE said:
I definitely prefer SAO..

Maybe if the overused comedy in some episodes of Log Horizon wasn't so cringe worthy it would be a different story.

?
Dec 1, 2013 12:54 AM
Nov 2013
To be fair the second half of SAO really ruined it for me, the first half of SAO was really good and definitely better then the anime LH currently.

The biggest issue here is that the most interesting developments in LH are for the most part coming soon™. I felt like even in the LN the saving Serara arc was boring. While I can accept its purpose, and the important information that came out of it I also found it boring. To me the first ~8 episodes in the anime have simply been to set things up.

If LH has a second (or third) season it will be amazing though, the LN becomes way more interesting in vol 4+
590292009Dec 1, 2013 1:19 AM
Dec 1, 2013 12:59 AM
Jan 2013
It's quite hard to compare them since LH has still 16 episodes left and they are so different. For the first part SAO is way better but I want to wait how LH will develop before I really compare them.
Dec 1, 2013 1:41 AM

May 2010
I love how most of people went for Log Horizon. These two can't be compared, but both are nice. I prefer Log Horizon a lot more though.
Dec 1, 2013 1:49 AM

Aug 2008
Eh. This one has the plot being thoroughly explained (there's still some past events that are only touched upon or hinted every now and then, like Shiroe and his old Party).

That's the one thing that SAO failed at, like skipping alot of development from the earlier floors, the author even understands it, and has tried to fix it, but I guess it's hard.

Also, this one lacks some unnecessary melodrama, and focuses more on Adventure. I still like SAO though.
Dec 1, 2013 1:51 AM

Feb 2010
Stop comparing.
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Dec 1, 2013 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
I like Log Horizon, but I liked SAO more. Despite some of the bullshit it most certainly pulled, SAO was a more serious show than Log Horizon. Whichever one is more realistic is HIGHLY debatable, and not really a topic I care enough about to debate, but in terms of seriousness, my money goes to SAO overall, despite SAO not being a particularly serious show as a whole.

ninja88880 said:
Log Horizon is much better, able to make me think a bit. Sao was just action and harem.

SAO was not a harem. One girl was going to confess to Kirito in the beginning, but he purposely interrupted her. That was the end of it. Then his sister had feelings for him. Two girls, big deal, some harem
Dec 1, 2013 6:05 AM

Mar 2013
Tw1tcHy said:

ninja88880 said:

SAO was not a harem. One girl was going to confess to Kirito in the beginning, but he purposely interrupted her. That was the end of it. Then his sister had feelings for him. Two girls, big deal, some harem

Missed the last episode? Kirito had 4 girls after him at the end, that turns into 5 in the arc after the SAO anime finished...

Dec 1, 2013 6:54 AM

May 2012
SAO is better for me because

- it has more action with better OST
- It has more drama and emotions
- romance
- Better looking characters like Asuna and Suguha

I have not see anything interesting in Log horizon. They waste too much time on boring negotiations.
thepathDec 1, 2013 7:12 AM
Dec 1, 2013 7:01 AM

Sep 2008
idgaf and i don't compare them, i like them both.
In my opinion, the only thing they got in common is that both playing MMO-Worlds.
Dec 1, 2013 9:03 AM

Jul 2010
This thread makes me cry.

thepath said:

- romance

I have not see anything interesting in Log horizon. They waste too much time on boring negotiations.

Yeah right sure, I expected an anime about MMORPG, then I found myself in a stupid love comedy, where the MC goes fishing and does GLOP GLOP, and then INCEST, and then NTR, and then HAREM, and then more romance not needed, and then POWER UP because fuck the world.

thepath said:
They waste too much time on boring negotiations.

"Boring", define "Boring" please. Because, I bet it's more fun watching a fishing episode, Kirito's glop glop and some useless romance instead of an actually intelligent negotiation between men of honor and greed, right?
AkanezoraDec 1, 2013 9:19 AM
Dec 1, 2013 9:24 AM

Jan 2013
I'm really surprised that people think SAO had more/better action. Only action SAO had was in OP. Log Horizon doesn't have great action, but it has actual ones with the flavor of MMORPG.

SAO has prettier faces, but that's it.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Dec 1, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2011
thepath said:

- romance

oh boy your gonna be triggering a shitstorm with this

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 1, 2013 9:42 AM

Jul 2010
JizzyHitler said:
thepath said:

- romance

oh boy your gonna be triggering a shitstorm with this

If he was trolling, I got trolled 9/10
Dec 1, 2013 9:48 AM

Jun 2013
Log Horizon of course.

SAO killer/10
Dec 1, 2013 10:31 AM
Feb 2012
Log Horizons has only a weakness:
It came out after SAO
Dec 1, 2013 11:06 AM

Oct 2011
swordstriker21 said:
I like both of them but I'm partial w/ the SAO light novels. LH is also a good read and takes a real dark (AND I MEAN DARK!) turn come volume 5. I say why take one if I can take both? As for the anime adaptaions so far LH is ahead by a fair margin only because their leaving almost nothing out. The SAO adaptation didn't really do justice to the story and Kirito became a mere shadow of his novel self. Shiroe, however, is actually in character for the most part w/c is great. Although I wonder if LH will have another season? Past volume 4 things get really intense (and it ups the tragedy/drama aspect by a lot). I hope they do it justice.

So by volume 5, LH will become really dark? I guess I should start reading the LN soon then.
Signature
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

183 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 9:05 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.