Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2013 1:12 PM

May 2012
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well this is rather weird but interesting development! So the dragon that came out of the cracked dragon balls is an evil Shen Long and has now spread over the world in order to destroy it? Well this is getting interesting so lets see what will happen next!
Jan 28, 2014 6:44 AM

Jun 2009
Welcome to the final saga of the Dragon Ball franchise, the Shadow Dragon saga.
Nov 11, 2014 10:48 AM

Apr 2013
Wow I don't even know what to say... or where to start... horrible horrible episode. Nothing they said in this made any sense at all, Freezer never used the earth dragonballs and Piccolo died so the dragonballs could never be used again. What a bunch of horsecrap, that arc looks so uninteresting and dumb, I can't even...
May 27, 2016 6:51 AM

Jan 2015
lol, i hope this arc will be better that the super android 17, well, Frieza never used earth's dragonballs :P
Sep 21, 2016 9:41 PM

Feb 2016
Seems like GT is all about "Earth being destroyed"... Lol.

- Collect Black Star Dragon Balls Scattered across the universe within one year or earth go boom.
- Baby uses the balls, earth goes boom anyway, not enough time to re-collect the balls. Earth resurrected by namekian dragon balls
- Dragon Balls become er... corrupted due to negative energy build-up and now I guess they need to defeat all the Shenrons or earth go boom.

Much common plot. Was funny seeing the dragon that came out the dragon balls though, smoking a cigar, using a lighter. I guess his fire breath would destroy the cig. Lol

Also, all these "Shenrons". All dragons... but I just can't get a dragon vibe from these first two shenrons that were shown...

“Don’t just mindlessly judge people as you please.” – Rin Okumura
“Your past shouldn’t stop you from achieving your goals and dreams.” – Rin Okumura
Oct 12, 2016 11:41 AM

Aug 2013
I don't know why I thought the dragons would go to other planets, and since they're just on Earth why are none of the other Z-fighters doing anything, don't tell it's just going to be Goku and Pan the whole time.
Sep 29, 2017 8:30 AM
Sep 2017
Gator said:
Piccolo died so the dragonballs could never be used again.

The dragon balls of earth were created by Dende, so Piccolo's death won't have any effect on them. Piccolo died to destroy the Black Star DragonBalls.
May 18, 2019 8:18 PM
Jul 2017
Esjee said:
Gator said:
Piccolo died so the dragonballs could never be used again.

The dragon balls of earth were created by Dende, so Piccolo's death won't have any effect on them. Piccolo died to destroy the Black Star DragonBalls.

This is a clear answer to my questions.
Jan 23, 2021 2:52 PM
Dec 2020
linkjoker said:
why are none of the other Z-fighters doing anything, don't tell it's just going to be Goku and Pan the whole time.

Dragon ball: We don't do that here
Feb 12, 2021 5:54 PM

Jan 2015
It's quite disappointing that only Goku and Pan will pursue the dragons. Whatever.
Nov 17, 2022 5:41 PM

Jan 2021
I feel like they've given up at this point. Like in the Tokyo board room they're all "There's 17 episodes left on the contract but the story is finished, eh just hand it off to Tanaka's 12 year old kid and let him come up with something, who cares. Yeah Shen Long comes back, but this time he's evil, he smokes a cigar then flies off to destroy Earth and/or the universe, good enough". What? This show is all over the place. I don't hate it, but feels like it's become a parody of what Dragon Ball is.
Jul 24, 2023 7:46 AM
May 2021
it was just too boring
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Apr 2021
what ugly dragons, until before the transformation it was normal but it got worse. "Pan perigosa..." xD.
Feb 18, 5:10 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
We’re finally at the point of the show I’ve never seen before, well at least for the most part since I have seen the later stuff from this arc but that was an even longer time ago than when I watched through most of GT so I definitely don’t remember much or really anything at all lol. And I gotta say, while I’m looking forward to seeing all the shadow dragons and what this arc has to offer, I did find this first episode a bit too silly for what the plot is lol. First you had all the characters being clueless on the new obviously evil cigar smoking dragon being evil or not (I did find the cigar thing funny tho lol), and then you had Bulma being too focused on who’s to blame for the whole negative energy thing, and really I think no one is to blame besides maybe the Kais for not warning Goku, but Goku took the blame anyway lol. And as someone else pointed out, they showed that Frieza used the earth dragon balls but he never did in this continuity, maybe they were predicting Resurrection F lol.

All that being said, I do actually like the concept of this arc a lot with the evil versions of shenron and the overuse of the dragon balls, and it also just feels like we’ve returned back to the beginning of GT or even the original Dragon Ball with tracking down each and every dragon ball once again, only this time it’s all on Earth and the dragon balls are trying to kill you lol. I’m also happy with Pan and Giru being onboard, definitely has early GT vibes for that reason too, and yeah I would have liked to see the Z Fighters help too but looks like that might not be happening. And the first shadow dragon we’re seeing is Haze Shenron, the two star dragon, and it looks like each dragon isn’t gonna be super powerful because this guy is a goofy bastard, even a rock falling on his toe was enough to make him cry lol. This isn’t a bad thing tho, his power of pollution is cool, and I think this means we’ll see the power of these dragons slowly ramp up as the arc progresses so I’m looking forward to seeing how each dragon differs.

But with this needlessly massive post for this single episode out of the way, let’s buckle up for the final arc of GT!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 64 Discussion

felix1290 - May 9, 2012

40 by jas-samaaa »»
Apr 5, 5:42 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 63 Discussion

RafaelDeJongh - Nov 30, 2013

9 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 20, 10:03 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 62 Discussion

7 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 19, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 61 Discussion

9 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 19, 10:58 AM

Poll: » Dragon Ball GT Episode 60 Discussion

12 by TheColonel76 »»
Mar 17, 7:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.